Start by marking “I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home” as Want to Read:
I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home

I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home

I will love you till the cows come home from a trip to Mars through skies unknown, in a rocket ship made of glass and stone… I will love you till the cows come home.

Love knows no bounds in this tender tribute to the depths of family love. For fans of Guess How Much I Love You—only funnier!

This book extends the saying, “I’ll love you till the cows come home” to the humorou
Published December 18th 2018 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home

Melki
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely ADORE this one! Perfect for any child who's ever asked, "Till the cows come home from WHERE?" Oh, how I wish I still had a small kiddo to read this book aloud to . . .

description
Abigail
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers in the Market for New Reassurance Stories for the Picture-Book Set
Author Kathryn Cristaldi and illustrator Kristyna Litten pair up in this charming new reassurance tale, as the narrator assures the young reader/listener that they will love them "till the cows come home." Building on this idiomatic phrase, the narrator spins many fantastical examples of how long their love will last, relating in rhyming text the essential idea that it will be a long time...

I found I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home an absolute delight! The rhyming text, with its crea
Jenn
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book at the King's English, thinking it would be similar to Guess How Much I Love You and other such picture books, and I LOVE it so much more, even, than some of my favorite beautiful pictures books about love. A great book for Valentine's day, sure, but so delightful to read and look at that I think it should be read all the time!
Winnie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
A rhyming, sweet story with pleasing illustrations.
Danielle H
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations in this book just kill me with how dear they are and it is such a sweet sentiment and yes, I was moved in a book store again, no one is surprised.
Panda Incognito
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Till the cows come home" is my favorite idiom, and this adorable picture book did even more with it than I had hoped. The illustrations are gentle and beautiful, and the creative rhymes about animals charmed me all the way through. If I had a kid, I would definitely want this on their nursery bookshelf.
carrietracy
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming with adorable pictures.
Erin
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very adorable, and I absolutely loved the illustrations!
Rachelle
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing art and it got me emotional. So much love, so much feels
kim
cute, but my toddler's comments were "why, why, why?"
Susan Dove Lempke
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Words like "whimsical" and "quirky" are often sort of warning signs to me that something will be too precious, but this book was both of those things and only in a good way. My grandmother used to use the expression "till the cows come home," so I admit to already having good associations with it, but Cristaldi and Litten have taken the phrase and made it concrete and then extended it imaginatively. It features rhymes like "I will love you till the wolves return / from a bumpy ride over rocks an ...more
Richie Partington
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Richie’s Picks: I'LL LOVE YOU TILL THE COWS COME HOME by Kathryn Cristaldi and Kristyna Litten, ill., HarperCollins, December 2018, 32p., ISBN: 978-0-06-257420-6

“I could dance with you till the cows come home. Better still, I’ll dance with the cows and you come home.”
-- Groucho Marx, from Duck Soup (1933)

“I will love you till the cows come home
from a trip to Mars through skies unknown
in a rocket ship made of glass and stone.
I will love you till the
Tasha
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Take a jaunty trip with this picture book that looks at all sorts of animals and vehicles going on grand journeys. The book begins with cows heading to the moon in a rocket ship with the promise that “I will love you till the cows come home.” Then the verse moves on to yaks who eat grass and then take off in a fire truck. The refrain changes to match the yaks and work with the rhyme. The book progresses to sheep setting sail, wolves returning, frogs riding past, deer dancing, geese flapping down ...more
Amy
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Reviewed for School Library Journal, 12/1/18.

PreS-Gr 1—This rhyming narrative teaches children the comforting lesson that love is eternal. Utilizing the old adage "Till the cows come home," Cristaldi takes a variety of animals and puts them in outlandish situations. The opening pages show adorable cows on a rocket ship with the accompanying text; "I will love you till the cows come home—from a trip to Mars through skies unknown in a rocket ship made of glass and stone. I will love yo
Sharla Desy
Sweet book that takes the phrase "till the cows come home" and re-imagines it in clever and entertaining ways. If the cows are coming home, they must have been somewhere, right? Mars. The cows have been to Mars.

"I will love you till the sheep set sail." One sheep is dressed like a ship's captain, and they sail past manatees and a humpback whale, all adorably illustrated. Fish on bicycles, frogs with violins, deer eating twig pot pies, and my favorite...ants with tiny ant hats and birthday
Jared White
"I will love you till the cows come home...from a trip to Mars through skies unknown in a rocket ship made of glass and stone. I will love you till the cows come home."

Well, this book is a refreshingly weird and creative way to tell someone "I'll love you forever"....or at least until some cute and cuddly animals evolve into much more intelligent beings who have adventures assisted by human-like technology, but then I will still love you "again and again."
Jana
This sweet picture book would be a nice one to share with a young reader you love, maybe as a bedtime story or a Valentine gift. With lyrical rhyming text and lovely digital illustrations, the book celebrates the abundance of love. It might be fun to talk about the phrase "till the cows come home" and see how the author uses that to inspire all of the others in the book. This could inspire young writers to come up with their own ways to express their own love for others.
Savannah Lamb
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to talk about the depths of family love. It is a cute and funny book that introduces different types of animals. It can be used to discuss love and how love has no bonds or distance.
Ashley Adkins
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short rhythmic and repetitive text. The illustrations that accompanied the text ware soft and detailed and helped to bring humor to the story. Would recommend this for the younger readers.
Katie
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A super sweet book that will be sure to be a hit at bedtime. I loved the rhyming in it and I think it would be fun for each family to come up with their own rhymes about love involving animals-this book is a great inspiration for that! Would make a great gift for any youngster from their parents.
Kelly
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the book aloud to my dog, just to see how it would flow. Wow. This falls into the "favorite children's books" file for me. It is just so beautiful. It expresses, through various animals, how much someone can love another.
John Clark
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations, coupled with catchy rhymes make this an easy book to like. A great choice for bedtime reading as well as for story time at libraries. The rhymes are such that some preschoolers might even like to draw pictures and add their own rhymes after enjoying this book.
Viviane Elbee
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and silly rhymes, great illustrations.
Patty
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Good for family and other loved ones to read to a child. Great extension of this saying by adding other animals and rhyming text.
Becca
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful rhyming text.
Jaymie
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This is sweet and so fun!
emyrose8
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-3-read-alouds
4.5- For some reason I really love this poem! It's a bit silly, but the illustrations are beautiful and the story is sweet. One to read aloud.
Margaux
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet book in verse to illustrate boundless love. Livestock included. Good for bedtime!
Alyssa Haslam
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book. Illustrations are adorable and the message is soooooooo cute. Shows that there is no limit to love. Teaches exaggerations & rhymes.
John Light