Start by marking “Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)

Diamond Fire

(Hidden Legacy #3.5)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  8,037 ratings  ·  1,066 reviews
Nevada Frida Baylor and Connor Ander Rogan cordially invite you to join their wedding celebration. Summoning, weather manipulation, and other magical activities strictly forbidden.

Catalina Baylor is looking forward to wearing her maid of honor dress and watching her older sister walk down the aisle. Then the wedding planner gets escorted off the premises, the bride’s price
Published November 6th 2018 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Diamond Fire, please sign up.
Piya If that's a rhetorical question... ignore this.
If not... yes. Kind of.
Mahesh Nakka Hello, see ✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) review. You find pretty much all snippets in her review.
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. MaasQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareWar Storm by Victoria AveyardThe Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Can't Wait Books of 2018
1,305 books — 4,782 voters
The Great Alone by Kristin HannahCirce by Madeline MillerEducated by Tara WestoverThe Cruel Prince by Holly BlackThe Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
Best Books of 2018
1,201 books — 2,048 voters

More lists with this book...

·  8,037 ratings  ·  1,066 reviews

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Actual rating: 3.5 pathetic stars. I nearly almost rated it 3.345862 stars and a half but then thought that if I did the Mostest Awesomest Authorlords might force me to relinquish my harem rights over the Scourge of Mexico, so I didn’t.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that I read this novella wrong and have Despicable Book Taste (DBT™). There, I said it. Happy now? Moving on and stuff.

Okay. So. When I started this book, I had no particular expectations. I mean, I was somewhat kind of excit
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Final review first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Nevada Baylor is getting married to Connor Rogan, and when Rogan’s mother Arrosa shuts down their plans for a small and simple wedding, insisting on a full-scale formal wedding, a couple of things happen.

description

Nevada inexplicably gets incredibly fussy and controlling about the wedding details, firing two wedding planners, and her beleaguered 18 and 16 year old sisters Catalina and Arabella decide that the only feasible option is to handle the
Jilly
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I know it's a novella, but still, I needed more! I love these characters so much and can't wait for what comes next. This book was like eating one potato chip. Just that perfect chip, fresh from the bag, with the perfect amount of salt.
Then, no more. Just one. The rest will sit there looking delicious and mocking you.

So, it wasn't enough. But still, what we got was fun. Nevada and Rogan are getting married and Catalina is the wedding planner. She is under a lot of pressure, and then Rogan's ext
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
4/21/18 - an interview with the authorlords by ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY about the new HIDDEN LEGACY installments went live this morning:

4/4/18:

So not only is this a thing, but it’s up for PREORDER:

Sneaky Authorlords are sneaky. 😈
Sh3lly
RELEASE DAY! Happy reading!

Burn for Me: ★★★★★
White Hot: ★★★★★
Wildfire: ★★★★★

This was a fun novella that serves as a bonus for the fans and also to transition the story to Catalina's POV, since the next three books will be focused on her. Nevada and Mad Rogan are (view spoiler) and Catalina and her sister are helping organize/plan things. There is an investigation. I think this novella packs a punch, and I knew these authors would deliver. A must-read for fans of t
Aisling Zena
4 stars
12/11/18

Review to come. Loved it even if I missed Nevadas voice.

31/5/18

SNIPPET!

My phone chimed. A text from Rogan. “You’re missing the show.”

“What show?”

“Come outside.”

I really wanted to run upstairs to my old room and lock the door. I couldn’t do that for two reasons. One, I was an adult, and two, Catalina moved into my room, so it wasn’t technically mine anymore.

It was absurd. I was a trained private investigator with almost ten years of experience. Baylor Investigative Agency existed
1st read - 15th August 2018
2nd read - 27th August 2018
3rd read - November 2018
4th read - March 2019

Diamond Fire is a novella in the Hidden Legacy series that bridges from the first trilogy told in Nevada's point of view and helps us transition into the upcoming trilogy that will have Catalina at the forefront. It ties up a few loose ends, raises a whole new set of questions and gives us just a tiny hint of the kind of main character that Catalina is going to be.

I have to confess that I was kind
Em Lost In Books
I wanted this one to be Nevada-Rogan book. I am disappointed as this one was an introduction to Catalina, female of next trilogy. A decent read. It would be interesting to read a full story about her magic.
Holly
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
You're going to need to reference that family tree diagram at the beginning of the book repeatedly while reading this, but other than that small problem this novella/book is the usual Ilona Andrews perfection! Nevada and Rogan are getting married and Catalina is in charge as wedding planner. Only in the course of her duties she also has to investigate a theft which leads to several skeletons in the extended Rogan family closet coming to light. Oh and of course there is magic. Love this series, l ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Diamond Fire is a transition story, it moves us away from Nevada as the main character to Catalina being the PoV for the series. This doesn’t have all of the things that I love in an IA book but please remember that this is a novella and so it isn’t supposed to come with all of the bells and whistles of a full length novel.
╰⊰✿ What Diamond Fire Did Great ✿⊱╮

- I think the movement to Catalina as the PoV went well. Nevada has tossed the baton beautifully to her younger sister to take over fr
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Yes, it was a short tease of more to come --- seriously, whatever happened to those 1,000 page sequel books? Why is that only reserved to intellectual classic high fantasy stuff??

I'm into Catalina. Yes, I adored Nevada and Rogan but I can't wait for the new trilogy with her and the Alessandro Italian Count guy. I love the family and how she's different from Nevada, curious where it will all lead, can't wait.

Again this is a tease offering but it's a good short story, intellectually plotted, glori
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this novella! Absolutely loved it! It is hard not to gush over how much I loved this book so I am just going to go with it. I adore the Hidden Legacy series and have read the original three books two or three times each already so I was really excited to learn that the series would be continuing. I was really excited to see this world through Catalina's eyes and I was not disappointed. I had so much fun with this story.

I love
Jessica
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I cannot wait for Catalina’s adventures to begin! I always thought Nevada’s abilities were cool but Catalina’s definitely take the cake. There’s so much potential, it makes me giddy!

*********************************************

I’m literally breathing into a paper bag right now. Like, seriously. I’m hyperventilating. I’m so excited!
Edit: THERE'S A COVER NOW!!!! *SCREAMS LIKE A JURASSIC DINOSAUR ABOUT TO FUCK UP SOME SCIENTISTS PLAYING GOD IN A THEME PARK*

---

WHAT IS THIS!

IS THIS A DREAM?

I DON'T THINK I'M DREAMING.

*screams shrilly*

I don't think there's anything I can say except...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG O
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

The only thing I didn't like about this novella was that there wasn't 200 pages more. I didn't want it to end!

I love, love, love the writing couple of Ilona Andrews, and I think their Hidden Legacy series is their best work. I rarely preorder books, but I preordered Diamond Fire as soon as it was available.

The story was a lovely transition from a Nevada-book to a Catalina-book, and I need a full length book ASAP. Ilona Andrews can't write fast enough to satisfy me.

goodreads|instagra
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

Diamond Fire was a wonderful novella! Not every author can write a novella that doesn't make the reader feel like it was rushed or parts were missing. But as always the author delivered. And as a matter of fact the novella perfectly introduced the upcoming trilogy. A trilogy about Catalina. And I must confess I'm already hooked. This fantastic and magical world had me captivated from the very beginning.

I love this series so much!

Unsurprisingly I reread the entire Hidden Legacy trilogy i
Robin (Bridge Four)
I don't know what it's about but that doesn't really matter since Ilona Andrew's is an auto buy for me

Up on Edelweiss now.

Edelweiss hates me so no ARC *kicks aluminum can*

I guess I'll just have to reread Magic Binds instead

Phrynne
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5000-books, 5000-2019
An easy five stars. I know I am a fan but even so how do these two authors do it? Every book is a gem, even the novellas like this one.

At last Nevada and Rogan are actually getting married and they take a back seat in this book as Catalina steps up in the role of wedding planner/detective. On one hand she is organising bouquets and seating arrangements while at the same time preventing all the wedding guests being poisoned and trying to find a missing tiara. The authors are obviously grooming he
Beth
Diamond Fire is a transitional book, taking us from Nevada Baylor and Connor Rogan as the lead to Catalina Baylor. Don't worry, you get plenty of time with the Baylor family, similar to the first 3 books in the Hidden Legacy series, you just get a little more spot light shown on Catalina now...and wow, does she shine.

Nevada and Connor are getting married and all the relatives have come out of the woodwork. Someone has stolen something precious that Nevada is suppose to wear on her wedding day fr
Kat
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
A fun novella bridging the gap between Nevada’s books and Catalina’s, with the focus on Nevada and Connor (Mad Rogan’s) wedding. With all the evil, scheming guests invited on Connor’s side, is it any surprise things start to go wrong? First, a family heirloom goes missing (view spoiler), then when House scheming and attempts against House B ...more
Marguerite (Lady RH)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
Another absolute gem! RTC :D
Trish
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm usually not much of a fan of these interim stories. Not because they aren't good but because I'm looking forward to the next novel more. Same with the Kate Daniels series of which I haven't read a single interim short story yet.

However, I was told that Nevada's and Connor's story is over after the first three books we already have and that this was therefore the last chance to see a bit more of them so of course I had to.

The story is that Nevada and Connor are finally getting married but, as
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
DIAMOND FIRE is a novella set in the Hidden Legacy world that Ilona Andrews has created. I was really excited about reading this story because we get to see more of Nevada and Connor. However, in addition to their wedding preparation, there’s also a bit more about another character named Catalina. Although she is a key player in the series, I never expected to see more of her in this story. But I think it was a nice touch to have more of her thoughts in this book. I would have also loved to see ...more
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote: “I know how to be Catalina Baylor, an ordinary person. I know what’s expected of me. I do not know how to be a Prime.”

Nevada Baylor and Connor Ander Rogen are getting married and both families are ready to lend a hand in helping this couple tie the knot with no problems.

That’s easier said than done.

Catalina Baylor is at a crossroads since her power was outed to the world when she was declared a prime. Choosing to focus on her sister’s upcoming nuptials rather than her slowly imp
Maria V. Snyder
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun novella in the Hidden Legacy series. I listened to this one. It is from Catalina (Nevada's sister) POV and the voice was a bit hard to get used to at first. I am used to Renee Raudman for this series and she did start out the story, but Emily Rankin read the rest as Catalina, which makes sense. Other than that, the story was enjoyable and interesting to see things from another POV character. I hope there are more. This audio book is 4 hours and it went fast!
♥Rachel♥
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first three books of the Hidden Legacy series, so I was a little worried the series ended with book three. To be honest, it ended in a great place, but of course I wanted more, because it’s simply amazing! We begin with a little more of Rogan and Nevada (yes!); the prologue from Nevada’s POV, but shift gears and get Catalina’s, Nevada’s sister, POV. Catalina is smart and powerful, but a little afraid to use her power, and I can already tell I’m going to love her journey!

If you haven
Bradley
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't generally expect much out of in-between novellas in series, and this one had all the markings of a gratuitous "oh, we're getting married, let's roll in the mud with the relatives" kind of story...

But what I got was that AND a bonafide whodunit with a jewel heist, an attempted mass murder, hate, graft, blackmail, and a little kiddo coming into her own.

In other words... coolness all around. :)

But what about the wedding???!

Um... was there a wedding?
Geri Reads
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

If you have been following me for a while, then you know about my obsession with Ilona Andrews, the husband-and-wife team that gave us Kate Daniels, The Edge series, and of course, Hidden Legacy. In this novella, Ilona Andrews gives a glimpse into the future of House Baylor. The last time we saw House Baylor, they have just successfully completed their trials. Diamond Fire, bridges the events of Wildfire to the new spin off series. And let me tell you that the new series is going to be fantasti
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
More like 3.5 I just wished there had been more of everything. I love all the characters and wish that everyone would get their own POV/book 😭😭💜
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
  • Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City (Iron Seas, #1.5)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • A Stroke of Dumb Luck (Colbana Files, #0.5)
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • An Apple for the Creature
  • Flame in the Dark (Soulwood, #3)
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Once Broken Faith (October Daye, #10)
  • Misery's Way: A Kit Colbana World Story
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more

Hidden Legacy (6 books)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #5)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #6)
“She grinned at me. “Aha, took you a second. Don’t worry, I only poison random strangers on Tuesdays.”

“Today is Tuesday,” Leon said.

“Oops. Well, that’s okay. You told me your name, so we’re not strangers. You should be safe.” She turned to Leon. “But I don’t know who you are. No promises.”
5 likes
“Just keep in mind,” Leon said, merging onto the highway, “I’m your cousin and you love me. If you attack me while I’m driving, we will both die and then he wins. Don’t let him win, Catalina.” 4 likes