Start by marking “A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo” as Want to Read:
A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo

A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo

4.73  ·  Rating details ·  11,926 ratings  ·  2,070 reviews
HBO's Emmy-winning Last Week Tonight with John Oliver presents a picture book about a Very Special boy bunny who falls in love with another boy bunny.

Meet Marlon Bundo, a lonely bunny who lives with his Grampa, Mike Pence - the Vice President of the United States. But on this Very Special Day, Marlon's life is about to change forever...

With its message of tolerance and a
Published March 18th 2018 by Chronicle Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo, please sign up.
Susan I'm guessing that Mr Pence didn't realise that Marlon Brando was bisexual.

·  11,926 ratings  ·  2,070 reviews

Emily May
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, childrens
If you don't know about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs2Rl...

Basically, two boy bunnies fall in love and get married in this beautiful book about same-sex marriage, democracy, and the importance of voting. There's a nasty stink bug causing some trouble, but the moral of the story is that, even though bad stinky bugs can get into office, we can also vote them out again!

100% of the proceeds are being donated to The Trevor Project and AIDS United.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | You
Lola
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lola by: Rachel Aranda
Shelves: picture-books, lgbt
Stink bugs are temporary.
Love is forever.

I have read various picture books in my (short) life.

Some were incredibly-illustrated.
This one isn’t particularly so.

Some were exceptionally-narrated.
This one isn’t particularly so.

Most didn’t leave their mark on me.
This one did.

Most didn’t make my eyes water.
This one did.

Most didn’t bring a smile to my face and held it there for five continuous minutes.
This one did.

Most didn’t prove to me that there is still hope for this world to become better, more acc
Darwin8u
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

If you are going to read (or listen to in the bath) just one book about gay bunnies at the Naval Observatory, read this one. When I finish crying in my bath, I might tell you why.
*****
So here are a couple reasons why, now dry, as promised:

1. Love is love.
2. Friendship protects us.
3. There are bad dudes in power.
4. We can vote them out of power.
5. It is fun to hijack, ironically, the Pence's rabbit for a worthwhile LGBTQ cause.
6. I just found out that the author (Jill Twiss not Marlon Bundo) know
Caryn
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Subversive in the best way

As the mother of a gay son who remembers the discrimination he suffered in his youth, I am happy this charming book is available now. If, through my purchase, I am also contributing support for gay rights while competing with the sales of that other book, I am even happier. Love is something to celebrate, not demonize.
carol.
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of acceptance, gay marriage, hopping, voting
A sweet little story about bunnies falling in love and the importance of voting, all in one.

I would have passed, because I suspected it would be more of a publicity stunt than story, but I couldn't resist the audio cast: Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory) as Marlon Bundo the bunny; Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family) as Wesley the bunny; John Lithgow (Third Rock from the Sun) as Stinkbug, Jack McBayer (30 Rock); Ellie Kemper (The Office) as Dill Prickle the hedgehog; Jeffery Garlin (The Goldbergs) a
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I SHOULD NOT HAVE SQUEALED THIS LOUD AT A BOOK ABOUT BUNNIES BUT HERE WE ARE.

oh hey, in case you haven't heard, John Oliver trolled Mike Pence's homophobia by writing a really important children's book featuring Mike Pence’s bunny falling in love with another boy bunny and then donated all the proceeds to the Trevor Project. US Politics is wild but sometimes good things occur. also I can’t believe the Trevor Project got a donation and I got to squeal for it what kind of symbiotic relationship
Cecily
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When is a rabbit a troll?

There’s probably a very hot cross bunny at Number One Observatory Circle (the VPOTUS’s official residence, illustrated in this book), which is seasonally appropriate for the book’s release, even though hot cross buns are apparently not as widely eaten during Lent (the 40 days before Easter) in the US as the UK.

Hot cross buns also seem apt, given the bizarre and recurring importance of baking (or rather, refusing to do so) in the battle for LGBTQ+ rights, especially marri
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
This sweet little audiobook is only 7 minutes or so long.

Is it super special?

YES! It's about love and good friends and two adorable bunnies who just want to be together and hop around the garden. Forever. Together.

I think that's a lesson all children should become accustomed to at a young age.

Also, 100% of the proceeds from the sale of it goes towards The Trevor Project and AIDS United.

AND it comes with the added bonus of sticking it to VP Pence on the day his bunny book came out.

Sorry. Not s
David Schaafsma
Each year my family reads all the Goodreads-award-nominated picture books, and we have been doing this for years. Everyone rates each book and adds a comment and it may (or may not) affect my overall rating. This is book #3 of 2018.

Lyra (11): 4.5 stars. I love this page: "Stinkbugs are temporary. Love is forever."

Hank (12): 4.5 stars. I like how it doesn't matter who you love.

Harry (13): Dad told me the background behind this book, that it was written after Mrs. Pence and her daughter wrote a b
Trish
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stink bugs are temporary; love is forever.

Marlon Bundo is a boy bunny. But not just any bunny. He's the BOTUS (Bunny Of The US). He lives with his grandpa, the Vice President. One day, Malon meets another boy bunny and falls in love.

He wants to marry the boy bunny he has fallen in love with and all their animal friends get ready for the wedding. But then the stink bug tries to stop them.

This book was written by John Oliver, the host of HBO's Last Week Tonight in answer to a children's book
Elyse Walters
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hooray for love!!!

THIS IS PRICELESS!!!!!

Paul and I both loved recognizing all the voices listening to the Audiobook!!!
Nenia ☠️ Hecka Wicked ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

You know, it's funny. When I was watching the Last Week Tonight with John Oliver episode that talks about this book and I heard him say that this wasn't an adult book "telling Mike Pence to go fuck himself," I had a moment of amusement because that was literally exactly what I thought this book was going to be about. You see, Mike Pence has a pet bunny (BOTUS) named Marlon Bundo that has its own Instagram and everything. The second famil
Mort
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It doesn't matter if you think John Oliver is a comedy genius or an idiot savant - this is brilliant!
Daniel Rose
Love IS forever!

Sure, I bought the book to give a middle finger to Mike Pence and the anti-LGBTQ zealots, but it also benefits a wonderful cause. Having said that, it's a very cute book that I would let any child read because it's about love. And, loving people (animals and bugs in the book) that are different. And yes, I feel a bit hypocritical after what I said about Pence and his I'll, but I don't claim to be perfect. Buy this book!!!
Ray
Shelves: childrens, audio
This is sincerely a great children's book with a positive message about accepting people who are different, and about taking up the responsibility to vote. I couldn't recommend this more for kids.

Remember, unlike stinky bugs who like telling people what to do, love is forever...

The audiobook in particular has a great cast, very cute and well done.

Thanks, Last Week Tonight! (that was money well-spent)
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Stink bugs are temporary. Love is forever.

I nearly missed Banned Books Week!!!!

Luckily the fancy library is right down the street from the office and they came to the rescue . . . .

You go fancy library! You may not have mommy’s special types of science books that she likes, but you is smart, you is kind and you is important.

The story here is just what it says – a day in the life of a little bunny called Marlon Bundo. Marlon l
Choko
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** 5 ***

"..."Some people call me BOTUS -
A name any bunny would love.
It means "Bunny of the United States" -
A job I am very proud of!"..."

This was adorable!!!! I thought it would be just a joke, but it turned out to be an amazing book about tolerance and voting for kids. I went and purchased a ton of them for my friends with kids on Amazon, because I think it is a classic in the making! Marlon Bundo is impossible not to love, even though his grandpa is a stick in the mud:):):) I know that ther
Tori Thompson
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awww... what a sweet silly book!

Yes, it took me less than five minutes to read it, and cost $12, but it is sweet, and silly, and has an AWESOME message, and the proceeds g9 to a great cause! Bunnies should marry whomever they want!
Jenny
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. I bought it to stick it to the VP, and fell in love. Well done John Oliver et al.
HEIDI SMITH
Mar 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Bun-derful, Bun-freshing, Bun-rilliant

I loved it! Every child and classroom in the world should have a copy. One star on purpose...in the spirit of John Oliver and others who are turning the tables with humor, intelligence and the best kind of humanity. Bundo and Friends for President!!!
Calista
VOTE NOT THE STINKBUG!!! This was actually a sweet and good story. Marlon finds love and his friends are happy for him. Marlon is also the BOTUS = bunny of the US. He lives in a big lonely house and he often feels lonely. Then Marlon meets Wesley. They are two boy bunnies.

This is a story about love is love and standing up for who you are and being true to yourself. It is also about standing up to bad advice and bad power. John Oliver and team wrote this book and besides making the BOTUS gay, the
Clumsy Storyteller
i listened to the audio book (cause i LOVE Jim Parson) i really enjoyed this short story, and loved it even more when i found out that it did better in terms of sales compared to Mike Pence's book *You Go, gay Marlon Bundo*! Love is Love <3
Stephanie *Extremely Stable Genius*
Shelves: 2018
This is adorable.

John Oliver strikes again!
Trish
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stink bugs are temporary; love is forever.

Rachel Aranda
Normally I avoid books that are super hyped until some of it dies down. In this case, I jumped on the trend train and bought the audiobook available on Audible. I mean it was only $1.50 with tax, all the proceeds go to two wonderful charities (The Trevor Project and AIDS United), and you get a book about a cute bunny finding love and its political voice within its community. What's not to like?

This book is really adorable! I really like the message of how love knows no bounds and how those who c
Christine
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marlon Bundo is not a godfather, or at least he doesn’t seem to be. It is important to know this. This picture book is a response to the Pence family book about their bunny rabbit and a plea for tolerance.

And as my students would say, “it is as funny as shit”.

Yeah, I’m not sure how shit is funny either. I mean, okay, I suppose if you have been constipated and then you go No 2, it might as good as shit. But what sort of weird tickling shit exists that makes you laugh?

This book by Jill Twiss (J
Sprinkles
Adorable gay bunnies, charming illustrations, and a clever little story? I'm all in. I watched John Oliver and the animated teaser of the story made me misty-eyed, so I bought it on Kindle. And, it's for a great cause. Can't troll bigotry any cuter!
Vanessa
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because it doesn’t matter if you love a girl bunny or a boy bunny, or eat your sandwich backward or forward. Stink bugs are temporary. Love is forever.

Once upon a time in a land (alas, not) far away, a very mean man was elected Vice President. He was mean for many reasons, but one reason was he hated gay people a lot because they were different (and maybe for other, more Freudian reasons.) It would have been great if the President of this far away land could have realized his error and fired th
Jenny (Reading Envy)
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, audiobook, read2018
This started as a joke on the John Oliver show, a response to the Mrs. Mike Pence children's book about the bunny Marlon Bundo, but it's actually super cute and follows children's book format very well, with repetition, simple message, positive. I'd read it to kids!

When I saw there was an audio version, I decided the money would go to a good cause. Voices like Jim Parsons, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jeff Garlin, Ellie Kemper, John Lithgow, Jack McBrayer, and RuPaul make this the best 7 minutes you c
Rachel
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet and thoughtful story about love, friendship and democracy -- sort of like a phenomenological version Animal Farm, but written for the elementary school set. While it is true that this book was written in part to protest a cruel social movement, there is nothing cruel or snarky in this book. It's just a lovely story about love.

• Prince & Knight
  • From the Stars in the Sky to the Fish in the Sea
  • Welcome: A Mo Willems Guide for New Arrivals
  • P is for Pterodactyl: The Worst Alphabet Book Ever
  • Drawn Together
  • Star Wars: Are You Scared, Darth Vader?
  • We Don't Eat Our Classmates
  • Niblet & Ralph
  • Neither
  • Families, Families, Families!
  • Islandborn
Jill Twiss is the author of Last Week Tonight With John Oliver Presents: A Day In The Life of Marlon Bundo, a New York Times #1 Bestseller. She is also a comedy writer who has won multiple Emmys, WGA Awards, and Peabody Awards for her work as a staff writer on HBO’s "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver".

In her not-so-spare time, Jill writes sentences for the Scripps National Spelling Bee on ESPN a
“Stink bugs are temporary.

Love is forever.”