Start by marking “Only Him (One and Only, #2)” as Want to Read:
Only Him (One and Only, #2)

Only Him

(One and Only #2)

Sometimes your first love deserves a second chance.

He was my first crush, my first kiss, my first everything.
But I’m not a lovesick teenager anymore, and I’d never let that cocky troublemaker break my heart again.
So when he shows up out of the blue asking me to have dinner with him “for old time’s sake,” I say I will. After all, it’s been twelve years, and I’m stronger a
Published June 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Only Him, please sign up.
Melanie Harlow Yes it is! It is connected to ONLY YOU in terms of setting but is a separate romance!

Start your review of Only Him (One and Only, #2)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Shelves: arcs
4 Now, Then, Always And Only Yours Stars!
(ARC provided by Laurelin Paige)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Maren Devine is a beautiful, single 29 yr. old woman living in Detroit. She was a ballet dancer who now owns & runs a successful yoga studio. She has two amazing sisters she adores, but no special someone in her life. It’s been a while since she’s been in a relationship, and she often wonders if it’s because nobody measures up to her high school sweetheart Dallas Shepherd. He loved her so intensely and completely, and t
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Dallas Shepherd. My first crush, my first kiss, my first everything.”

I am and will always be a massive sucker for second chance love stories; so when I read the synopsis to Only Him by Melanie Harlow, I knew this is one book I needed in my life. I thrive on the heartache, the intense emotions, the anticipation, the angst and the undeniable unconditional love that seeps off the pages. I love being drawn into an epic love story so deeply that I can feel every high and every low and w
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

It was then and it was now and there was never a time when our bodies didn’t crave this heat and our hearts didn’t share this rhythm and our souls weren’t always leading us right back to this place, this feeling, this moment. I clung to it as if it could save me from drowning.

ONLY HIM is an emotional second chance romance that will tug at your heartstrings. This second installment of the ”One and Only” series focuses on the youngest of the De
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
When you read Melanie Harlow, I know I am guaranteed sweet. I know it’ll be a good read and one I’ll like. Only Him is that. I enjoyed it, this read definitely brought different emotions out in me though.

Dallas and Maren were high school sweethearts until Dallas was sent away to boarding school senior year. He didn’t tell Maren he was leaving, he just left, thinking that was what was best for Maren. Not even a text. Flash forward 11 years and you are at today.

These two incredible characters
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 STARS

I'm sad to say that Only Him is my least favorite book from Melanie Harlow. It wasn't bad but it didn't reach my expectations either. Only Him is a second chance romance. It was sweet,sexy and emotional.

Maren and Dallas meet again after years. Dallas has left her without saying anything and now he wants to apologise to her. There is still love and passion between them.

I haven't decide yet what was the main reason I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted.I loved the characters and the plo
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
"I have all that need. I am where I need to be."

Only Him is a sexy second chance romance. Dallas and Maren's story is emotional and heartfelt.
They loved each other fiercely as teenagers. When Dallas leaves unexpectedly, Maren is left heartbroken. Fast forward twelve years and he's back seeking forgiveness.

I loved several things about Only Him. It's quintessential Melanie Harlow! Sexy and emotional. There's a little bit of angst and family drama. It feels real and the reader gets a real sense of
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

After reading Only You, I couldn't wait to read more about Maren and her long lost sweetheart, Dallas. Their relationship sounded like one filled with angst and I couldn't be happier.

The only problem for me is that it wasn't really angsty. I mean, it is but not as much as I would have liked. It was really obvious how much they both cared for each other...it was just a matter of convincing a certain stubborn someone.

Dallas and Maren were together in high school when he left abruptly witho
Carol
4.5 stars.
Absolutely loved this book. Melanie Harlow is my goddess of contemporary and sexy reads.
I have read almost everything by her and some books multiple times.
I love second chance stories because they are so real. Lets face it-who hasn't messed up at least once in life or in a relationship.
I really wish that she had included the below scene in her book but it is available to read for free on her website (it reads like an additional epilogue).

Spoiler alert: don't read below if you haven't r
Paige
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3 “Only” Stars

Only Him was a sweet second chance romance. With just a bit of angst, a little bit of suspense and a whole lot of chemistry, Marsh and Dallas had a love story that pulled at my heart strings. This standalone in the One and Only series left a smile on my face.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. A is for Alpha B is for Books.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

dd97ff69428a447b9e1e9e9010b923

Only Him by Melanie Harlow is a second chance romance with a slight angst thrown into the mix. This book was sweet and sexy. As far as emotions go, Melanie made you fall in love with these characters and that the idea of forever love does exist. Dallas and Maren’s story is complicated, beautiful love story that centers on forgiveness, healing, and the ideal concept of fate. So if you are looking for a story where two far from perfect cha
Timitra
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Only Him was a heart-wrenching second chance story. It didn't make me cry but it definitely punched me right in the heart. I devoured it in one sitting. I loved watching these characters reconnect and cannot wait to read the next book in the series. I definitely recommend it.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ****

4 Dreaming CROWNS

Melanie Harlow’s books are the epitome of what a classic romance is - the belief of soulmates, fated couples, and the idea of if it is meant to be it will be. It is often nice to got lost in these romanticized worlds, to escape real life and believe in romance, the ones we dreamed of as little girls and even as adult women.

Dallas and Maren are high school sweethearts that fell apart at the hands of young and reckless choices. Readers will feel
Ellie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
**SPOILER**

I waited for this damn book for months.
I was on it as soon as it dropped.
I have enjoyed every Melanie Harlow book I've read, and I trusted her.
And the book started out great, but then the POV switched and the bottom dropped out.
Now, I have a no-exceptions hard-limit when it comes to my reading, and wouldn't you know? I went into this book like a blind idiot and BAM.

And I really can't believe all the rave reviews, like it's a beautiful, heartfelt second-chanc
Karen
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I had a dream about a snake and a clock, I would think it meant I’m panicking that we haven’t booked a summer holiday yet and time is running out. But what can it mean to Maren Devine? Perhaps Madame Psuka, the interpreter of dreams and psychic will know.

Maren and Dallas Shepherd were high school sweethearts but he left her without saying goodbye and she never got over it. Dallas was the cheeky chappy, the class clown, liberator of pigs, with a huge inferiority complex due to his super cleve
book bruin
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am an absolute sucker for second chance romances featuring childhood sweethearts and Only Him fit the bill perfectly. It will pull on your heartstrings and give you all the feels. Readers may remember meeting Maren in Only You, but this book can be read as a stand alone.

Dallas and Maren have a complicated relationship. They shared an incredible connection that no other man or woman has come close to ever replicating. The sudden and drastic end of their relationship in high school though has le
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
NO SPOILERS!

Only Him was a sexy, angsty, and emotional standalone second chance romance, and I absolutely loved it with all of my heart! The storyline and characters were phenomenal, and I loved Melanie Harlow's writing style. She wrote a beautiful and memorable story for Dallas and Maren, and I honestly loved it from beginning to end. Melanie has done an amazing job with the One and Only series so far, and I'm so excited for Stella's story in Only Love!

The storyline was amazing and so much diff
Amy
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5, I'm not done loving you, Stars!!

“Once I saw her, talked to her, I wanted more. You didn’t take one bite of the most delicious cupcake in the world and put it back in the box–you ate the whole thing.”

“We were young and reckless and bursting with need, desperate to satisfy the gnawing hunger inside of us that never seemed to go away, no matter how often we fed it.”

“God help me, I wanted her love. I wanted to believe what she was saying. I wanted to feel like the man she thought I was, even if
Shelby
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dallas grew up in his older brother’s shadow, never feeling good enough in more ways than one. As a teenager, he was always getting in trouble and when he was 17-years old, his parents shipped him off to boarding school, which meant he had to leave his girlfriend, Maren, behind. But instead of doing the right thing, he left without saying goodbye and he hasn’t been able to forgive himself for it ever since. Now at 30-years old, Dallas works as a tattoo artist in Portland and still feels like he’ ...more
Kim
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We met Maren in Only You as she is Emme's sister. She is a former ballerina and current yoga instructor. She is sweet, funny, caring, and understanding. She should be centered and balanced, but lately she is struggling a bit.

Dallas Shepherd was her first and only love. And one day he disappeared on her and left her heartbroken. Now twelve years later, he shows up at her door.

Oh my...Dallas just stole my heart. He is charming, sensitive, loving, but also stubborn impulsive, and self sacrificing
MoodyJess
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I went through a lot of emotions while reading ONLY HIM by Melanie Harlow. Glee, nostalgia, disappointment and even frustration. The beginning and end of this book is solid. But I was lost somewhere in the middle with the story and I just didn’t like where it all went for a time. The reason for the four is because of the ending. The feeling it gave me, the one I wanted to feel for the whole book finally surfaced and I was awarded with the brilliant writing I was anticipating from Harlow the whol ...more
Shayna
“Tell me we can find a way. Promise me.”

ONLY HIM is a second chance romance that will take your breath away! It’s sexy, beautiful, angsty goodness that you will never want to put down. Dallas and Maren were wonderful characters that will melt your heart. Like any great second chance romance, the chemistry, the connection is there in spades, but when you add Melanie Harlow’s heart and soul in the mix, it becomes something more. Her writing has a way of reaching to the depths of my soul and pu
Amanda
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another perfectly sweet, second-chance romance from Melanie Harlow. With just enough angst to keep me craving that happily ever after.

Dallas, a 30-year-old tattoo artist, is a broken and flawed hero who has to work past his issues and allow himself to love and be loved. Maren, a 29-year-old yoga studio owner/instructor, keeps having a recurring nightmare and is trying to figure out what her subconscious is telling her.

They were high school sweethearts. He left without a goodbye thinking she'd b
Syndi
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
AJ
“It’s never too late.”

4 stars

I love this book! A gorgeous second-chance-romance between former high school sweethearts, and a beautiful story of personal drama and character growth. Typical Melanie Harlow, this book is sweet, fun, sexy and romantic with a whole lot of heart and it was a great read.

Maren is the youngest of the Devine sisters that are the heroines of this series. She is a yoga instructor, very spiritual and in touch with her inner-self, but she is plagued with a recurring nightma
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

4 Stars!

Only Him is a second-chance romance that gave me all the feels. It pulled at my heartstrings and had me rooting extra hard for Maren and Dallas.

Years ago, Dallas left town without saying goodbye to Maren. And without an explanation as to why. Maren has tried to move on, but in doing so she needs closure to finally be able to. And to her surprise it might come sooner than she thinks.

Dallas hasn't been able to get Maren out of his mind
MiDouradoP
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dallas and Maren were refreshing and brought hope again!

I love Melanie's writing, since the first book I read by her (Man Candy). She is deep, thoughtful, she brings the right balance of angsty, emotion, light banter, love, lust and joy. Her characters are solid and well built and their backgrounds are believable!

And in this book, we found all of that again!

This is a book about a second chance between Dallas and Maren, and although it's a standalone, if you've read Only You (Nate and Emme's stor
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
Second chance romance? YES. PLEASE. They are my weakness! And this book? I died all the deads. I swooned. I laughed. I smiled. I moaned. I cried! I wanted to throw my kindle! OMFG I am SO IN LOVE with Dallas and Marin. I cannot even. I felt their pain. I felt their love. I felt EVERYTHING! I think this is my fave read from Harlow yet! I never wanted this love story to end!
J.E. Benoit
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict. A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Stars

No matter what I had done, or how long it had been, or how many other women had tried to take her place in my heart, she was always there, as permanent as any tattoo on my body.

Dallas Shepherd was Maren Devine’s first love. They may have been young but the love they shared was the kind that she thought would last forever but when Dallas left her with no explanation she

• Imperfect Match
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Not Until You (Second Time Around, #3)
  • The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • Finally Mine
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • Wait for Me
  • The Trade
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs #3)
  • The Change Up
  • Protecting You (Bailey Brothers, #1)
  • Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)
  • Here With Me
  • Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2)
  • By a Thread
USA Today bestselling author of sweet and sexy romance. Lover of cocktails, high heels, and history with the naughty bits left in. Michigan girl. INTJ. Always seeking ginspiration...

Find me!

FULL LIST OF BOOKS:

Series:
Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1) by Melanie Harlow

One and Only (3 books)
  • Only You (One and Only, # 1)
  • Only Love (One and Only, #3)