Start by marking “Confess (Sin City Salvation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Confess (Sin City Salvation, #1)

Confess

(Sin City Salvation #1)

Lucian
A life free from sin.
For seventeen years, I have lived and breathed those words. But there is no balm to the war inside my soul.
Until her.
The mysterious beauty too lethal to taste. She’s a thief, a con, the essence of everything I loathe. Still, she lures me in with her lying eyes.
In the dark of night, she came to confess her sins, and in the light of
Published September 24th 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Confess, please sign up.
A. Zavarelli Sorry for the delay, it's been a very busy year with my travel schedule. The release date is set for September 25th. Thanks!

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

I haven't read any reviews on this ( I typically avoid doing that before I write my own review, as I like my opinions and reviews to be wholly mine), but I can see all the high ratings from all my friends...

description

...and trust me when I say that I am definitely in the minority on this one with my less than 4-star rating.

But really, though.

description

And to that, I say this:

You should probably believe everyone else,
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

CONFESS: Is the first full length novel within the (Sin City Salvation #1) series by A. Zavarelli. In this we meet Gypsy & Lucian

TITLE: Confess
GENRE: Romance
PUBLICATION: September 25th, 2018

Twenty-three year old Gypsy is living life on the edge, a professional con artist that takes what she needs off unsuspecting victims, men that never see her coming, until it’s too late, everybody has a secret. And I was very good at exploiting them… and jusRomance
Confess
Coco.V
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"She was the ethereal oasis that men wished they could find in the parched desert. At a different time in my life, I might have been one of them."

"If I were a sexually motivated man, I might have considered her a nice trophy, but to me, she was just another tragedy."

I can't believe I waited that long to read a book by this author and for my first, I listened to the audio version of Confess. I found the narration great and perfectly performed by Tracy Marks and Aaron Shedlock.

First, I would like
Snow
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gypsy Blue and her sister Birdie are one of a kind. Gypsy is a con-artist, she tricks wealthy, rich men into loosing their guard around her, until she blackmails them with collected "dirty" details about them in exchange for the certain amount of money, in which case, the dirt disappears. It works until Gypsy is approached by one ruthless, determined and unapologetic man - Lucian West, a criminal defence lawyer who uses the same mode operandi on her. He blackmails her into a two years marriage with all the "dirt" h ...more
Liz
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Don't let your past poison what we have."
description

Confess is the first book in the Sin City Salvation Series. A. Zavarelli offers a dark and twisted contemporary romance full of deception, passion, and love. Gypsy is a con artist who has lived her entire life protecting her younger sister and running away from the demons of her past. When "alpha" defense attorney Lucian West walks into her life, her entire life is turned upside down. Lucian plans to reform Gypsy but as time passes it is Lucian who is transformed.

"Don't let your past poison what we have."

"You've been mine."
Told in multiple POV, Confess is a dark romance with a complex plot, a strong heroine, and a ruthless hero who will not stop until he gets what he wants. The tempo of the read moves at a rapid pace as the suspense continues to build.
"Make me yours."
Overall, A. Zavarelli never dissapoints and Confess is sure to please dark romance readers who enjoy an alpha hero and a spunky heroine!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. This book is an experience. It was as unlike anything I’ve ever read. I spent the first third of this story in a weird sort of state. I experienced the uncertainty that the heroine, Gypsy, felt regarding Lucian’s motives and how all the players fit the puzzle. I was pulled into this universe that Ms. Zavarelli created and I didn’t want to leave.

Lucian was an interesting hero. He was dynamic and imperfect. He was darkness and he was hope. He was a testament to contradictions that simp
Sabrina
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

I have a lot to say about this book, yet I have no clue how to make sense of all the thoughts running through my head. Confess ended up leaving me very conflicted on how I feel about it because I enjoyed many parts of it but there were also a lot of things that I didn't enjoy so much. One of the biggest things for me was the whole father figure thing that
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

Admittedly I didn't even bother to read the blurb to this book in my rush to add it to my TBR. A. Zavarelli is always guaranteed literary crack for me, no blurb needed to confirm.

Confess is the first book in her brand new Sin City Salvation series, and this reader is hooked. Line and sinker.

A late night confessional. A girl that grew up hard and learned to turn the tables by running cons. An enigmatic man shrouded in mysteSTARS
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 stars

What a brilliant,addictive,heart wrenching and intense story.The plot was fantastic and I was intrigued from page one till the end!
Lucian and Gypsy’s story was unique.

description

Gypsy is feisty,strong and sassy!I simply love her. She didn't have the perfect life, her life was difficult.Sometimes I find myself feeling sad for her.Lucian intrigued me so much!He was mysterious and I loved how we slowly learned more about him!

Confess was a
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description

Confess (Sin City Salvation Book 1) By A. Zavarelli.
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Book #1 Sin City Salvation
AUDIO AVAILABLE? Not yet
PUBLICATION DATE: 25th September 2018

I didn’t know how to love men. I only knew how to leave them, with everything I wanted.x

MY THOUGHTS:
Again Ashleigh has graced the pages with her brilliant plotting and surprise twists. I am a big fan of this author and have read all her books. You always know when picking up one of her books that you’ll be checking out from the world for a wh2018
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
So, I am a huuuuuge sucker for the marriage of convenience trope. Like, humongous.
This book didn't follow the standard formula and I don't know if I love that or hate that.

I devoured it so I'm led to believe I did, after all, love it. lol One thing, however, is that I don't think I was completely invested in these characters and merely curious of the circumstances they found themselves in... which led me to read until the end.

The way these two main characters came to meet, and the way the con
Melissa Crump
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart stopping, Heart wrenching, Devastatingly beautiful and perfect. My heart was shredded a few times while devouring this book. There were times I had to stop because I couldn’t breathe...couldn’t continue reading because you could feel every emotion happening. This book broke me in pieces but mended me back - stronger. I’ve never found a book that held so much emotion for me like this. I wasn’t sure I could continue reading but I kept the faith and found that sometimes after the darkest of s ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
First and foremost, this cover is one of my favorites EVER! Just look at that gorgeousness! Sheer and utter perfection.

I went in blind and had no idea what to expect when I started reading this one. I was completely engrossed from the very start. Flipping the pages so fast, because I loved the setup.

Gypsy was an enigma. Lucian is even more enigmatic. This is the type of book that lulls you in and then completely takes you by surprise. It's kinda brilliant actually! LOL
I loved the main characters.
A. Zavarelli
Sep 25, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
CONFESS is now LIVE on Amazon!

Available in Kindle Unlimited.

Check it out here:

Malene
Confess was a great marriage of convenience romance. I enjoyed it because it wasn’t the usual marriage of convenience trope and I was interested in Lucian’s motives for marrying Gypsy. They had some good bantering and Lucian didn’t take crap from Gypsy. He had a plan for his actions and why he made Gypsy go through so much.
What I really struggled with was their connection and chemistry. Lucian came off as more of a parental role figure than a possible love interest and I think it had somet
Carvanz
Wow! Talk about a wild twisted rollercoaster ride! This book hooked me in from the first page and I couldn’t come up for air until the last page.

description

Gypsy has a horrible past. The very worst. She’s made herself into the type of woman who acts first utilizing what God gave her in order to survive. But when a man appears from seemingly nowhere and knows things h
Stacey is Sassy
Saving her from her sins...

Why does A. Zavarelli insist on reminding me that the world really is an ugly place sometimes? In my own little narrow world, my biggest problems centre around balancing my busy schedule with my families busy schedules. I didn’t have to overcome a rough childhood, my boys and I are fairly healthy, and we have enough money to provide ourselves with the essentials and a few treats. Every so often, these reminders make me see that my own little narrow world is pretty bloody awesome. Confess turned
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An astounding and alluring tale that'll have you gripping your heart, lest it fall right out of your chest cavity. Poignant from first letter of the prologue to the last letter of the epilogue.
(Believe me, I'm bawling right now just reading the highlights and notes I created, there's pain in my heart and it refuses to die....)

description

A moving story that shall entertain you, teach you a lesson, show you good in the world and then stomp on your emotions till they're scattered all over the place.
Ashleigh sets forth a virtual tsunami of sentiments and angst and heartache and regrets and salvation, that like just wave after wave relentlessly wash on your being. I let them flow like a stream from my eyes. I was crying hard, trying to dissolve the lump in my throat, but Ash is persistent and merciless in her onslaught. Many a times I cursed at God for the unfairness of it all, then at Ashleigh for being so apparently objective about it all.
I hope it hurt her as much writing it as it did me reading it. She has surpassed herself, her earlier books had a bit of darkness in them, a bite, a fantastic kickass heroine too. But this story (omg😭) has the angstometer breaking. Lucian west may be my MOST FAVORITE ALPHA by her EVER !! And that's saying something after Crow Lachlan, Alexei and Ronan and my personal favorite-Scarlett.
But Attorney Lucian West takes the cake, the muffin, the entire bakery. His nobility and generosity are as huge as all outdoors. His constant selfless attempts to save the "Lost Souls" just doesn't assuage his guilt and burden that he carries in his heart.
The man who went to church on Sundays and blackmailed unsuspecting women like me in his free time. He looked dark as sin, but I couldn’t deny there was light inside of him too.

description

On one such mission he meets Gypsy Blue who has the knack of bringing men to their knees with her one come-hither looks or her enchanting smile. Then they're hers for plucking ripe out of their possessions and riches. she's on a mission to avenge her life from unsuspecting lecherous men.
She was indulging her reckless behavior because she wanted to get high on her favorite drug. Fucking over the men who would fuck her over if they could.

description

The union of Lucian & Gypsy is both volcanic and explosive. His authority and her rebellion are fire and oil, feeding off of each other. He's on an unnamed and secret pursuit for her betterment and she is obviously on her typical entitled, spoilt brat-esque behaviour. They both are so broken that they fit together like puzzle pieces, you'd think they'd save each other ? Yes, they do . But then they rip out their hearts too.
She’d transformed herself from a terrorized child who had nothing into a self-indulgent brat who thirsted for money and vengeance. It was time that she had an authority figure to guide her, and more importantly, to humble her.
First temper begets temper, then lust begets lust, lastlly grief begets grief. And in there somewhere a lonely ray of love illuminates them both, just a temporary respite in the dark smog that surrounds them.
She was swollen from my kiss, and I was emptier than I thought a broken man could be. But for the first time in a decade, I remembered what it was like to be whole.

description

Much happens in their lives but nothing...NOTHING was to prepare me for the 1000 volt jolt and shock that Ashleigh administers sadistically. I was stunned, virtually breathless with trauma and then the collapse of my heart happened . Complete with ugly snot crying and howling like a wounded animal.
Trust me you need a GIANT bottle of wine and a whole pack of Kleenex.
Make that two !!
I held him against me as sobs wracked my body, bleeding out my anger over everything that was so unjust in this world. We cried together, and we held each other, but we didn’t speak. It was one of the only moments in my life I could recall that words weren’t needed. We were in mourning. And today, the sun would not rise.

description

This story is just like an earthquake waiting to happen, I could feel the tension in the first few chapters, felt some tremors, but nothing would be enough. The massive attack, when it comes, is scary, tragic, horrendous and destructive.
Pick. Up. This. Book !! And come cry with me. I need Hugs😭😢 somebody to hold my sobbing heart saying, "I'm here baby"!!
Indeed !! This story will stay with me for a long, long time, maybe forever. It hurt so much, I'll be sore for eternity😢
5 "blazing fire stars"
#BookBistroBlogApproved
FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/BookB...
Blog -https://bookbistroblogcom.wordpress.com
Blog -https://bookbistroblogger.blogspot.com
Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/BookBistro
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/BookBistroBlog
Jacqueline
I really enjoyed my last read from this author so when I saw the glowing reviews for this I was looking forward to a treat.

I think I read a different book.

For the longest time I couldn't figure out what was going on and I wasn't feeling the chemistry. Then at the 75% point the plot truly jumped the shark. I know it's fiction but please.

Not for me but seems others have loved this so what do I know.

Available on ku and complete story.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! A. Zavarelli is a one-two punch kind of author. She will flat knock you out with her brilliant stories and then have you laying down for days thinking about this unbelievable story. Gypsy and Lucian were everything and I seriously am awestruck by this author's brilliant mind. This story was unique, sexy, heartbreaking, uplifting and ultimately a game changer for this author and the industry as a whole. It made you think and feel and had the power to completely mess you up all while being g ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, 4-star-books
4.5 INTENSE STARS

A. Zavarelli is always a one click with me so I went into this book blindly. I love the cover and honestly I had no idea what kind of book I was getting into.

I will be honest and say that I started this book and stopped this book a few times. I had to be in the mood to read it. When you start out the book you realize the main Heroine is a total B. She’s a con artist and that usually isn’t my cuppa. I have a hard time in relating to heroines with bad attit
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Confess is my introduction to A. Zavarelli.

I cannot find appropriate words to describe how fantastic this author’s writing is other than it is brilliant. Clear, seamless, compelling and enrapturing. Her carefully constructed sentences will pull you into Lucian West and Gypsy Blue’s heart-wrenching narrative.

Each turn and twist will have you intrigued. Riveted. Wanting more and more. Zavarelli wrote a complex and
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

“Don’t fall in love with me, Gypsy.”
“Then don’t make me.”
I whispered.

What an emotional rollercoaster this was. In fact, for the first time since we can remember, we were tempted, for one millisecond, to sneak a peek at the end as we were that concerned about an element of this story. We’re glad we didn’t because the surprises in this story, the twists and revelations blindsided us and the surprise element was paramount to the optimum enjoyment of Confess!

“Fuck me like you’ll never let me go,” she whispered in my ear. My chConfess!
Diary Of Book Fiend
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Hauntingly Beautiful Stars. A Heart-rendering love story of EPIC Proportions.

A. Zavarelli stole my breath and I wasn't able to breathe properly until I read the words, " The End."

I abso-freaking-lutely LOVED this story.

I loved Gypsy and Birdie and omg Lucian is just one of the most amazing heroes I have come across in a long time.

Gypsy and her sister have been on their own for awhile due to tragic circumstances that I am not going to hint at, you just have to read it.
Kristina at For The Love Of Books
First of all I want to say I absolutely love it when authors mix things up. Love that they chose not to write the same thing over and over and A. Zavarelli does just that. I also love her strong independent women. They don't take anything laying down. They fight tooth and nail for what they deserve. Gypsy was that through and through. She was a tough cookie for Lucian to crack. He did eventually but the road to getting there was both heartbreaking and agonizing. So many times I put this one down ...more
Deborah
3.5*

Here goes...this is one of those reviews that’s difficult to write. I have such mixed feelings on this book. As I’m starting this review I’ve honestly no idea what my rating is going to be. This is incredibly unusual for me. Hopefully while writing this inspiration will hit.

Firstly I was up past 2am reading this. So I was hooked to a certain degree.

It was difficult going at times. Lucian is completely unlikeable early on. The way he treats Gypsy like
Melanie (mells_view)
You can’t change fate; you can only survive it.

This book.
This freaking book.
If you’re looking for an emotional rollercoaster, with a con artist heroine and a hero who gets the bad guys off the hook, then this is that story. But it’s also WAY WAY more than that story as well. I think this story is the true definition of don’t judge a book by your assumptions. This one is deep, emotional, dark, filled with triggers, and just plain good. Can’t wait to see what else could come from
Laura Lee
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Confess (Sin City Salvation #1)
By: A. Zavarelli
4 Stars

Well my goodness, what a ride this book took me on! Twisting and turning, whiplash added in for no additional charge too!

Gypsy is a professional con artist. She has mastered her skills and is doing very well at luring men in and snatching away what she needs. Then Poof, she is gone and moving on to her next victim. Always telling herself she is doing this to protect herself and her younger sister. Knowing what she does is wrong, but when you’ve been on the run for s
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Candice

I must’ve had like 27 heart attacks while reading this book!

Oh, my friggin goodness!

Gypsy did the best she could with the hand that she was dealt and I absolutely loved her character!

She was fierce and strong and fearless when it came to protecting her sister.

She needed to be a strong heroine in order to match Lucian and let me just say this woman is a survivor with a backbone made of steel!

Lucian comes across as such an infuriating JERK but there’s so much m
Ari
I am ruined.
My heart was unbroken, but I think I have PTSD from The Girl & Her Ren , because my reaction was far to strong to be normal. I don't know what that says about me.

• False Lines (Blurred Lines, #7)
  • Collared by the Badman (Russian Bratva #11)
  • Doc Marshall: Skulls The Early Years (Skulls MC Romance Book 1)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • Hard Road (The Untouchables MC, #4)
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • His Lady (Wounded Souls, #4)
  • No Second Chances (Chances, #1)
  • Taking Connor
  • Vas  (The V Games, #3)
  • Smiley (Grim Sinners MC Originals, #1)
  • Escapades (Trident Ink #1)
  • Infinite Desire (Savannah, #4)
  • Brothers & Best Friends
  • Live (NOLA Zombie, #3)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Personal Challenges (Personal #4)
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never miss a release by

Sin City Salvation (2 books)
  • CONVICT: A Dark Romance (Sin City Salvation Book 2)
“Some things are not meant to be known until they happen. You can’t change fate, you can only survive it.” 3 likes
“I will be with you when you pass through the waters, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. You will not be scorched when you walk through the fire, and the flame will not burn you.” 2 likes