Start by marking “My Mum Tracy Beaker” as Want to Read:
My Mum Tracy Beaker

My Mum Tracy Beaker

(Tracy Beaker #4)

A heart-warming tale of unconventional families and unconditional love; the perfect read for Jacqueline Wilson fans, young and old(er).

Shortlisted in the UK Author Category in the National Book Awards 2018!

One of The Observer's Best Children's Books of 2018!
_____

Jacqueline Wilson's bestselling, ultra famous and TOTALLY BRILLIANT Tracy Beaker is BACK!!

Tracy has

Published October 4th 2018 by RHCP Digital

To ask other readers questions about My Mum Tracy Beaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Mum Tracy Beaker

Hally
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is classic JW. I feel as though she was bearing the older, original readers of Tracy Beaker in mind when writing this and pulled out all the stops to give us a nostalgic experience. I've always had a fascination with details and Jacqueline Wilson does them brilliantly. You can see and taste the foods eaten, feel how important the characters' treasures are to them, fully know your surroundings and understand that even the background characters have intricate stories that could have been fo ...more
Holly Davies
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘I’m not crying. It’s hay fever!’

And Jacqueline Wilson has delivered again.

WHAT A SEQUEL.
Ellen
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was SO CUTE
Rachel Buckley
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The excitement I tried to contain while awaiting the publication of this book was too much. A throw back to my childhood self and my love for Jacqueline Wilson and Illustrator Nick Sharratt, who between them played a massive part in the development of my imagination and hooking me into the world of reading. The idea behind this book is sensational, returning a fictional character from over 15 years ago. Not only has this got readers of my generation interested but those of a younger generations ...more
Emma
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Mum just smiled at her. She never sticks to any of the rules. My mum's Tracy Beaker."

Jacqueline Wilson has done it again!

An outstanding portrayal of the UK class divide made accessible to children. I was concerned she might try to make it too modern, but the comments of selfies and Instagram (Even naming a teddy dog Snapchat) were used perfectly and shows how relevant Wilson still is today.

Most notably the book really shows the after effects of being in care:
"Mum can't stand people being late,
Shannon
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out my review on my blog HERE!

This is the first book in years that I have been so excited about, that I purchased it on its release day!

If you don't know, Jacqueline Wilson has played a huge part in not only helping me fall in love with books but also in my formative years as a child and teenager. When I found out that Jacqueline was revisiting the character of Tracey as an adult, I knew it was going to be one I needed to buy.

The novel is so perfectly reminiscent of "old" Jacqueline Wil
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brilliant continuation of the story. So many nods to the old books and older fans but very new too. I hope this isn't the last I hear of Tracy.
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
 I may be 24 but Jacqueline Wilson is an author I will always love and read. It’s thanks to Jacqueline I got into reading! I grew up with the mighty Tracy Beaker so this was a must read for me and I wasn’t disappointed at all.

This book brought back so many memories for me! The real Tracy Beaker is back with a mini her! Oh dear. Jess is just like her mum but a smaller version. Parts had me laughing at loud, other parts sad. It is a brilliant story with a lovely ending. I loved all the little pict
Paige O'Brien
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was heart warming and funny at the same time, it brought back my love for Tracy Beaker and of course Jaqueline Wilson. It shows life threw Tracy’s daughters eyes and teaches the lesson that sometimes less is more and just because somewhere is posh and fancy doesn’t mean it’s home.
Kirsty Monteith
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the nostalgia factor 😁
Alice Adams
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am glad to see Tracy Beaker determines above all to be a good parent, even if that costs her her personal happiness. I was worried something along the lines of 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child' would happen and Tracy would be turned into a total bitch.
It was a little cringeworthy in the beginning with them referencing the TV series (even though that's in a whole other canon). And I was like "So what happened first? Tracy becoming an au pair? The kickboxing?" Once the story finally got goi
Lauryn Kavanagh-Coombes
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eve beinguniquebooks
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tracy Beaker is back with her daughter Jess in a wonderful follow up to her own smash series!

Life for the pair collides with the past as Tracy falls for Shaun a previous character known as Football for us readers and we see how Jess has to accept and prepare for change as her mum sets to marry him and move from their usual council estate to his mansion house.

Through the story, Cam is there for Jess to open up to as well as Tyrone a boy from school who previously bullies Jess before the pair beco
Emma
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I felt a great sense of nostalgia reading this book. I think Tracy Beaker was somewhat of an idol when I was younger, and even here her becoming a Mum, has made me think what a great female character to look up to. Of course excusing her tantrums and probably unwise way of dealing with things. She’s a strong single Mum who realises the importance of that role, and that there are just some things in life you don’t need to make it good. Full review on my blog soon!
Lucy Dawson
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nostalgia at its finest. I haven't read a Jacqueline Wilson book in years and reading this I remember why I used to love them. I think Jacqueline Wilson was very clever to write this, knowing she will attract not only young readers to this book but also people like me who grew up with Tracy Beaker books and TV show.
A great read for the Christmas period.
Erren Deery
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this. So nostalgic! It was a great continuation of The Tracy Beaker stories and a typical Jacqueline Wilson book.

Definitely recommend if you loved Jacqueline Wilson books as a child!
Sophs.
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes I’m nearly 30. Yes I still love Jaqueline Wilson and my husband gifts me her newest bool every Christmas. I loved this one. Classic Tracy Beaker with a few of her old friends. An amazing addition to the series.
AnnMarie Lucas
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Quite disappointed - maybe i’m too old now!
Danielle
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jacqueline Wilson was my favourite author as a child so was so excited for this. This book was different than expected and the end was a shock twist but I loved how it turned out!
Izzy Dorrance
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brilliant book!
Cheryl Hall
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A burst of Beaker nostalgia.

I loved these books as a child.
Jade Jones
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pure nostalgia reading this!
Aoife
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a2, a5, doubleday, 2018
Jacqueline goes back to the old days with her new novel, My Mum Tracy Beaker. Tracy has matured a little, but she's still a spitfire, charging into situations without thinking. Her daughter, Jess, is one of Jacqueline's 'timid, bookish' heroines, and Cam features hugely, along with other characters from the Tracy Beaker trilogy.

I won't spoil the story for you ... if you've read enough Wilson books, you'll recognise it anyway ... but it's a good read with engaging characters. A great Christmas pr
Katie Ray
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as I'd hoped!
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Hoping for a sequel already.
Motherbooker
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
From my review at motherbookerblog.com:

"My Mum Tracy Beaker is full of all the things that have made Wilson such a popular writer with young people. It is fun, relatable, and isn’t afraid to show us that real life, quite often, sucks. Tracy still dreams of her fairytale ending but Jess has lower expectations. She is quite content in her little flat with her mother. It’s not the perfect life but it is a happy one. And that’s the point that Wilson has always tried to bring across to her readers. N
Lauren
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
I felt so much nostalgia whilst reading this book!

I loved the Jacqueline Wilson books growing up, especially the Tracy Beaker series. I still watch the television series now!

When I heard there was going to be another Tracy Beaker book being released, I couldn't wait. My Mum Tracy Beaker transported me right back into my childhood and back into the world of Tracy Beaker. Jacqueline Wilson has yet again created an enjoyable story that highlights important struggles for families in the present day:
Niina
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Imagine my surprise when I find out that my favourite childhood author wrote another book about my favourite childhood character. I was over the moon! So naturally, I had to buy this even if I was looking for completely different books. If I would rate this based on nostalgia, my rating would be 5 stars but I am no longer 8 years old and this book doesn't quite deserve it.

However, I loved so many things about this book. I loved reading about Tracy again even though she was all grown up and she w
Megan Jones
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Have you ever wondered what happened to Tracy Beaker? She is a mum now and it is her daughter who is telling the story. Jess looks like a mini version of her mum – but she is not quite as fiery. Well, not often. Jess and Tracy are living hand-to-mouth on a tough housing estate, but Tracy meets up with someone from her past and their whole lives are turned upside down. The question is do they want any changes.
Yes I read this child’s book featuring a childhood character and I absolutely loved it!
  • Dark Knights And Dingy Castles (Horrible Histories)
  • How it Works: The Wife
  • Charm School
  • Kim Kardashian West: Selfish
  • Love Letters of Great Men and Women
  • Hurrah for Gin: A book for perfectly imperfect parents
  • Ingen normal står i regnet och sjunger
  • Love is in the Air (So Little Time, #13)
  • Lungs
  • Charmed
  • Tänk om det där är jag
  • Love Ya, Babe
  • The Fairies' Shoemaker and Other Stories (Enid Blyton's Popular Rewards Series II)
  • Simon & Sophie
  • A Surprise for Lily (The Adventures of Lily Lapp #4)
  • Fandom: Identities and Communities in a Mediated World
  • The Secret of Fern Island  (Shivers, #12)
  • sticky notes
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af ...more

Tracy Beaker (6 books)
  • The Story of Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker, #1)
  • The Dare Game (Tracy Beaker, #2)
  • Starring Tracy Beaker (Tracy Beaker, #3)
  • Tracy Beaker's Thumping Heart (Tracy Beaker, #4)
  • Ask Tracy Beaker and Friends (Tracy Beaker, #5)