Start by marking “From Ashes To Flames (West Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
From Ashes To Flames (West Brothers #1)

From Ashes To Flames

(West Brothers #1)

She was the nanny. He was the boss. Most of the time he thought he worked for her.

Dr. Greydon West had it all … or at least that’s what everyone said.
The broody, single father of two was nothing like I’d imagined.
He was my boss … I was the nanny.
Hot-tempered and regimented, with spreadsheets for everything, he had me wondering why he’d ever had kids in the first place.
The
ebook, 1st Edition, 376 pages
Published May 3rd 2018 (first published April 27th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about From Ashes To Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Ashes To Flames

Start your review of From Ashes To Flames (West Brothers #1)
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
***Available Now***

I burned a slow death with this read. I am one of those readers that thrive on angst. Yet..... I’m one that Thrives on getting a happily ever after. Let me say this to you all, my heart is battered, beaten, and it is pounding with so much love right now. This book tore me apart with all the sadness, it shattered me with all the hurt, then it put me back together with the healing, it warmed me with the love, and it ultimately reminded me why I love this author’s writing. Hello
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
I had it all—the dream job, a wonderful boyfriend, a fabulous life.
Or that’s what I thought.
Then my life took an unexpected turn and I found myself working as a nanny for the hot-tempered Dr. West.
He and his regimented spreadsheets and rude attitude were more than anyone should have to take.
If that jerkface thought he could order me around, he’d better think again.
Then one day I discovered his secrets, which explained why he
Syndi
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Romance book involving nanny is favorite trope of mine. I especially enjoy Eleanor & Grey. So when I read the blurp From Ashes To Flames, I pick it up. But something about this book is missing.

The characters when they stands alone, I can connect with them. But when the characters finally connect, I am lost. I think its because of the writing. It is more direct writing and not give so much drama, swoon worthy writing. The drama, the twist are not highlighted and developed properly. The connectio
Betül
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

From Ashes To Flames was a fun and light contemporary romance. I love stories with single fathers and this story fit perfectly into that category. I fell in love with Grey's children: Aaron (one year old) & Kinsley (six year old) right away. Especially Kinsley was just the cutest little girl, she was just so sweet and curious. When Grey loses his wife he hires a nanny to take care of his children while he is working. He was a moody and ar
Anna
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Totally loved this story! 4,5 stars.:-)
It amaze me how patient and lovely was Marin with kids, and she didn’t have any previous experience and she was an only child! My heart squeezed a lot during first pages: motherless children, broken widowed man...
It was a slowburn, but did it hurt sometimes. I cried for Marin, with a lot of Kleenex!
She was such a strong woman, she didnt give a sh*t for her employer, she spoke her mind.
And Grey, ooh, Grey, poor man, such a tragedy, but he did have his HEA!
T
Alex ♈
May 07, 2018 added it
Shelves: safe
Alyssa
3 stars

Emotionally, I want to rate this lower but I will not deny I was committed to seeing this story through to its end and it kept me turning the page. Ultimately the goods outweighed the bad - but the bad for me was an especially hard pill to swallow.

Quick synopsis: Grey lost his wife in a tragic accident right after he found out she had been cheating. He is left coping, angry, and failing miserably at his attempt to raise two kids. Marin has also had a bad run of luck and has been licking
ItaPixie
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

From Ashes To Flames was a nice read.

Marin and Greydon can't be more different from each other but that only makes them even more perfect and they are complementary.The broody 41 year old doctor found his match with the colorful mid twenties nanny.
Their love story was a slow burn,and thanks to that it was more believable,but the pace was never dragging,on the contrary there were a couple of plot twists that kept me on my toes while reading.

This story grabbed and held my attention from start to

Tia Louise
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A deliciously sexy slow-burn romance. I absolutely loved this book!!!! It's a sexy nanny, friends to lovers story. It has a wounded single dad and his ADORABLE little girl and baby boy... (awwww!!!! I love them!!!)

The writing is fantastic, the plot never drags, and you will totally be cheering for these two and hugging your kindle in the end. It's just a wonderful, FIVE STAR journey.

Don't miss it!
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marin is the kind of girlfriend I know I would be laughing my butt off with. Her honesty and funny sense of humor made me love her even more. Dr. Grouchy a.k.a Greydon, well he grated on my nerves at first but the more I read why he acted worse than Oscar the Grouch the more my heart softened for him.

Greydon knew what he had to do to never go through what he was going through, but Marin had a way of getting under his skin and I couldn't help but laugh because she was a total hoot!! The more the
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
description

I have two MAJOR weaknesses when it comes to books: kids and forbidden love. This book had both of those!!!

From Ashes To Flames was a slow burning romance that had me at the edge of my seat anticipating who'd make the first move. While it was a story about love it was also about second chances, healing, and moving on. What I REALLY loved was that the two children were never put on the backburner. They were just as important as the hero and heroine.

I'm VERY eager for the rest of the West Brothe
Simran
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This was a new to me author and I enjoyed her book immensely. It was entertaining throughout. I especially loved the heroine Marin. She did what she thought was best , always stood up for herself. Grey was awesome and it was understandable why did he act the way he did. You could feel his pain. Marin was a great partner for him. The book was comparatively less steamy , the focus was more on the character’s development.
But the person I adored and loved the most was kensley ( grey’s daug
Liv
description

❤ OMG!! ❤ I couldn’t handle all the LOVE I had for this book!!! I was absolutely blown away by this story which will definitely be a re-read soon.

Usually I’m not a huge fan of age difference in a book but I didn’t mind it in this case because both characters were old enough for my liking. I was also glad that it wasn't one of those daddy romances because although there was a 15-year age gap, the heroine was already 26 and mature enough to handle a 41 year old man so that I never had the feeling
Sejla
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
The moment From Ashes to Flames hit my kindle I dropped everything else in order to read it. The blurb was intriguing and I loved the gorgeous cover too, but most of all I was looking forward to be caried away by AM Hargrove's words. Since reading For The Love of English I'm a huge fan of hers! She is a very versatile author who knows how to write gut-wrenching stories that will rip your heart out but also those who are light, funny and sweet. From Ashes to Flames was a prime example for that! I ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

From Ashes to Flames is the first book the West Brother's series by A.M. Hargrove. I jump at the chance to read anything by this author because I just know it will be angsty and heart wrenching and captivating. I quite enjoyed the beginning of this book. Grey and Marin have a slow burn romance but my problem was when Grey suddenly started showing interest in Marin. I felt like it way too sudden and totally contradictory of Grey's usual attitude and character. It wasn't really that credi
Cindy
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Grey and Marin
Well AM Hargrove has done it once again!! I know when i read her words I'll be hooked from start to finish. And From Ashes to Flames was another example of PERFECTION! I devoured this book in a setting. I just couldn't put it down.

We have Marin the sexy, smart nanny. And Grey the handsome workaholic dad. What starts as very slow burn nanny/single dad relationship becomes more.

Am Hargrove's writing style is fantastic, the plot engaging, and characters you will LOVE!! Another 5 st
Alla
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first half of the book, but after that something just wasn´t "doing it" for me so to speak. I don´t know how to describe it. The "good feeling" I had went down to an "ok feeling" if I could call it that. But overall it wasn´t bad, I liked it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Alexander WH Grant
Read like a police report.

She got the words on the page, so I’ll give her that.
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. *

~ 5 Polka Dot Stars ~

FULL REVIEW to come on Release Day.... Another GREAT read from A.M. Hargrove. This is a MUST READ when it comes out.

FULL REVIEW Now Posted ::
What an emotional rollercoaster ride!!!

I went from yelling at my kindle to laughing to falling in love and even blushed a time or two ;) This story had me all over the place. But that is pretty common when you read a book written by A.M. Hargrove. She isn’t
Harloe Rae
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oooh, AM Hargrove has done it again! She knows just what to write that makes me swoon all over the place. I’ve been a long-term, dedicated fan of hers for years. From Ashes to Flames proves exactly why. Her smooth style speaks to me, offering enticing scenes I can’t help but devour. This one is crazy intense!

Grey is a tortured hero through and through. His suffering and struggle bleeds from the pages. Even though he’s bitter and moody, my heart melted for him. He’s a man I want to root for. Cir
EpicRomanceReviews
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
´¸.•⭐´¨) ¸.•⭐'¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ❤~🌟~❤4.5 HEART-MELTING STARS! ❤~🌟~❤

HOLY FREAKING SWOOOOON! I just devoured the most freaking amazing single dad romance with an enemies to lovers twist! Pure emotionally-charged, HEART-THROBBING perfection! It had everything I adore in a second chance book. Grumpy a-hole with heart of gold. Sweet yet feisty nanny. Taboo age gap. The cutest kids on the planet. Love and laughter. Drama and angst and passion galore! And epic feeeeels!!

I first fell in love with A.M. Ha
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
From Ashes to Flames is the first book by author A.M. Hargrove I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I love when a female character is different from your typical heroine and Marin was delightfully different. She had a wicked sense of humor and style that intrigued Grey. But what I really loved was her interactions with the kids. Watching her fall just as hard for Grey's kids as she was falling for their dad was entertaining.

When Grey finally let down his guard with Marin, he was all sexy, dir
Chloe Lucca
Getting fired and then catching her boyfriend and best friend in a very awkward position was the worst day of Marin's life. Spiralling down a dark hole, her parents had enough and forced her to take a live-in nanny job with their best friend's son. Knowing absolutely nothing about children, Marin packed her bags and hoped for the best.
Marin's first impression of her new employer,' the-older-but-oh-so-sexy Dr West', was that he was a rude a-hole and if it wasn't for his cute children she would pu
A.M. Hargrove
Jun 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
GUESS WHAT??? From Ashes To Flames is on sale for 99¢!
This is also a Kindle Unlimited Read so grab your copy today. I'm celebrating the pre-release of One Indecent Night, A West Sisters Novel, a new spin-off series from The West Brothers!

Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
5 Star Kindle Unlimited Read

I love A.M. Hargrove and was beyond thrilled when I found more book of hers in the Kindle Unlimited program!

What a firecracker of a tale this was to read. I devoured in A few short hours. A tragic event in the beginning leading to an epic love story kids in all. I loved and can't wait to meet the other brothers in more detail.
Kahea
***5 ‘Team Marin’ Stars***

Talk about starting off with a bang! I was all “Seriously? Really?...Damn!” because there is no slow and steady build up. You’re tossed right into the thick of things and then you’re off and running as Marin and Grey collide and find that neither is exactly what they believe the other to be and that they may just be exactly what they never knew they wanted and needed.

I loved and adored Marin from the very beginning. No questions about it and though she did hit a bit
Raneem
Unresolved previous relationship issues. Angry widower. Cheating ex-spouse(s). professional stress. Devoted nanny slash mom figure slash scorned woman. add to this mix the cutest couple of kids that one of them is most likely not a biological son.

aaaand VOILA! You got yourself this journey of a book.

I love me some angst-filled story that heals the characters along the way. and if the couple were healing each other - as it's the case here- it's even better!

Marin needed a reality dose and a kick
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
HEA - Yes
Steam level - High
Angst - Low/ Medium
OW/OM drama - No

A slow burn nanny and employer book.... A great combination. Marin was down and out because she had no job prospects and her asshole of her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend! (I know, cliche right!!!!!)
Then there's Grey, a doctor. His asshole of a wife has been cheating in him for a long time and on the day he finds out she's cheating, she dies with her lover in a plane crash. Now he's left with 2 adorable kids and someone
Brittany Elliser
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You are the love of my life....the one who took my life from ashes to flames"

I absolutely adored the book From Ashes to Flames! Anytime I see a Single Dad romance, I can't help but fall in love, and while Dr. Grouch was sometimes hard to love, he was melting my heart by the end of my read. This book was an easy read for me, I was in the right mood to read it, and I flew through it in one day.

Marin seems to be quite the unlucky lady in life- it doesn't get much worse than walking in on your boyf
Tania's Book Blog
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was not what I expected after reading that blurb, lol. It wasn’t your typical single dad falls in love with the nanny Book. It was a ridiculous slow burn between Greydon and Marin or as Grey daughter calls her, Marnie, which I found extremely cute.

Grey was a cardiologist and dad of a seven year old little girl and a 10 month old little boy. He had lost his wife but it’s a complicated situation. That’s where Marin comes in. She’s actually a journalist but also went thru something simila
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Loner
  • By a Thread
  • That Hot Night
  • Rebel Desire (Rebel Love #3)
  • Off Limits Daddy
  • Boss in the Bedsheets
  • Cold Hearted Love: A Small Town Sheriff Romance
  • Mister Billions (Bad Boys In Love #1)
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Reverie (Stonewood Brothers #2)
  • Faking It with the Frenemy
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Billionaire's Unexpected Bride
  • Protecting You (Bailey Brothers, #1)
  • Baby Secret
  • Keeper
  • My (Mostly) Secret Baby: A Grumpy Boss Romantic Comedy
  • Codename Romeo (Rogues and Rescuers #1)
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, USA Today bestselling author, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So she made a quick decision to quit her job and reinvented herself as a Naughty and Nice Romance Author.

Reader, Writer, #WalterThe

West Brothers (3 books)
  • From Ice To Flames (West Brothers #2)
  • From Smoke To Flames (West Brothers #3)