Start by marking “Where Death Meets the Devil: Coda (Death and the Devil #1.2)” as Want to Read:
Where Death Meets the Devil: Coda (Death and the Devil #1.2)

Where Death Meets the Devil: Coda

(Death and the Devil #1.2)

Jack Reardon's homecoming isn't quite as peaceful as he hoped it would be . . .

​Ten hours ago, Jack Reardon completed the messiest case of his career. Lucky to get through it with his life and a promotion, all he wants to do is catch up on missed sleep. Which won’t happen thanks to a bothersome house-invasion from assassin extraordinaire, Ethan Blade—who is also the reason
Published March 18th 2018 by L.J. Hayward

To ask other readers questions about Where Death Meets the Devil, please sign up.
L.J. Hayward Hi Stephanie!
Hi Stephanie!
So glad you enjoyed #Jathan (I'm stealing... eh, borrowing this!! ;)) and yes, you can most definitely expect more of them... this year!! Book two, WHY THE DEVIL STALKS DEATH, will definitely be out before the end of the year, possibly within six or seven months. When I have firm dates, I'll be announcing it from all the rooftops (here, Twitter, blog, website, newsletter).
Cheers, L.J.(less)
L.J. Hayward Hi Jennifer,

Right now it's only available through Smashwords, but there is a .mobi format for Kindle readers.

I…more
Hi Jennifer,

I have to work if I can make it free on Amazon before releasing there. Sorry!!

Cheers, L.J.(less)

Start your review of Where Death Meets the Devil: Coda (Death and the Devil #1.2)
Simone
God, I love these two!!! ❤

This short story was everything I could have wished for after the ending of the first book!
Highly recommended to everyone who loved Where Death Meets the Devil, but also to those who needed a bit more romance.

You can find it here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
Shin Mon Thway
What a delicious little morsel to accompany my beloved book “Where Death Meets the Devil”. 😍 It was one of my favorite reads in 2018 and it truly is a unique, twisted and enrapturing book. 👏 I absolutely loved Jack and Ethan and the way that book ended, I couldn’t help wanting desperately to read the next book ASAP. And then, this morsel was out as a bonus treat. 😁 This little shortie seemed to scratch my itch for J&E on the surface but turned out, it enflamed my desire for wanting more of this ...more
Wendy

After finishing "Where Death Meets the Devil" I couldn't wait to jump into this little gem.

Now this might have been small but you know what they say about small things...they usually make the biggest impressions, and this one sure made an impression on me.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor it

Problem is...after this one, I only wanted more. Good thing that is exactly what the author gave me/us... MORE.

So I am off reading the next novella ;)

I highly recommend this series !!

This review has been posted on Wendy's Wycked

* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

A very reassuring and satisfying reunion between agent Jack and assassin Ethan.

Oh so sexy and nicely showing the vulnerable sides of both these tough hardened men who find it nigh impossible to trust but take a chance on lowering their guard with each other.

I can’t wait to read more about these two and their sure to come high stakes adventurous shenanigans!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

I wanted them to kiss on the lips dammit.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Jack and Ethan return!

I wish this Coda had been 4567890468463456 words longer, but these words right here hit me in my feels:

"For sex and for everything you make me feel, Jack. for making me laugh and arguing with me. For challenging me and for supporting me." [...] "For mutual attraction and for losing control. And that is what I want, Jack, that I know I couldn't possibly get with anyone else. You treat me like a man, like a human, and you shag me like you want me to feel everything you fee
Ariana
Recommended to Ariana by: Simone
Reread August 2019. OMG So good all over again!

Not much to add what I thought originally (apart from that rereading all of this is so worth it!):

These two guys are totally ruining me.

Even this short novella, which in effect is the epilogue to book 1, made my heart beat faster and my pulse race. It starts exactly where book 1 leaves off. It resolves some issues between Jack and Ethan, and puts them in the same boat emotionally (kind of... because it is obvious that, understandably, complete tru
Ky
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ethan is such a mystery and Jack has his work cut out for him in trying to figure him out.

This short is just a few pages long and it's taking place right after the end of the first book. It solves some of the uncertainty about where Jack and Ethan stand after what happened at the end of the first book and it only makes you want to read the next one even sooner!
Eugenia
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Tense, mysterious, and steamy reunion for Jack and Ethan!! Such a fun little short! ❤️❤️❤️
Meep
Shelves: freebie-fic
RE-READ: I liked the subtle tease at the end of the first book and this coda isn't essential reading (unlike the other novellas!) but it's the epilogue for those left unsatisfied. A little sex, a little talk.

-- --
Love this, but now I want the sequel even more!

The coda continues from the moment the first book cuts off and can be read as the following chapter. It gives that extra bit I was greedily wanting, while really liking the light tease that the book ended on.

There's definitely more fun to b
Ele
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

Must read for those who loved Where Death Meets the Devil, but felt that ot ended was too abrupt. This is a very nice HFN ending that provides enough closure.
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.5 Stars

You know, I was pretty happy with the wrap up in the main book; I could interpret that last scene how I wanted...or I could just hold out for the next novel to see what happened.

That said, I'm actually quite thrilled with this little installment. It gave the reader even more insight into Ethan's thought-processes and Jack's personality. Plus, it was smoking hot. AND I'm still eager to read another adventure with these two. I can honestly see these guys as being the "new" Ty & Zane and L
Renée
Debra
Nice extra chapter to Where Death Meets the Devil. I'm really looking forward to more of these two. I feel like we've just scratched the surface of Ethan. ...more
Fabi
Sweet bonus material from the author.

Thank you Ms. Hayward!
Jassy
**4.5 stars**

This short story takes place after the events of Where Death Meets the Devil. It is basically a very, very hot epilogue. Ethan and Jack leave their guns at home for this one (thank god!). They just talk to each other so openly and trusting... I was smitten :) and then there is the hot and dirty part... I couldn't have wished for more!

This was... an amazing, amazing, amazing intermediate end :)

Or not - on to the next!!!
haletostilinski
Yes! I'm so happy I got to read this! Although I do think it could just have been put at the end of the first book. It felt like a completed final chapter, so at least this was free, I'm thankful for that because it did belong at the end of the last book, imo.

But thankfully we did get this - and we're getting more of these two together, which I'm STOKED about. Thank you, L.J. Hayward! Woot woot :D.

This was the missing scene at the end of the book - we get to see what happens, why Ethan is there,
fleurette
This is a quite nice epilogue to the main story. I wish it was just added at the end of the first book, but anyway... Those few pages make the perfect final touches to the story.
Elena
Beginning with the final line of Where Death Meets the Devil, this short read more like a final chapter/epilogue for the main book than what I’m used to expect from a coda. It was a nice bonus and I appreciated the further insight into the development of Jack and Ethan’s relationship. I could have done without half the coda being (view spoiler), but I’m sure I’m going to be in the minority about ...more
Alex
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was everything I didn't know I wanted...

description

I'm still waiting for the kiss though... ;)
Bibliophile
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice follow-up coda to the first book in this series. I look forward to reading book #2!
Sophia
When Where Death Meets the Devil concluded, the reader might have been left wondering what went on between Jack and Ethan after Jack deviated from the plan and maybe needed to get a nice satisfying epilogue after the harrowing events of the book.

The author provided this fabulous epilogue which gives some answers and more time with our sizzling spy and assassin.

At the time of my review, this short story is offered free at Smashwords.com
Amanda
A scene that took place right after the end of book 1 with Ethan appearing at Jack's home. They talked about the aftermath and proceed with so sexy stuff. Great time.
Lisazj1
Such a sweet little treat, here was the epilogue I wanted!! *sigh* There is so much more to discover about Ethan but Jack is going to have to take care in uncovering it. I think I'm going to love these guys.
Teri
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
love these guys!
Bev
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie, lgbtq-mm
This should definitely have been the last chapter in the book....but thanks for the freebie L.J. Hayward. ...more
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Like.....::

I NEED MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE ETHAN.

AND IF I EVER GET THE LIP KISS I MAY JUST PERISH OK
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, lbr, shorty, mm
Immediately following the first book, this one is a quick encounter reminding us of what we loved about these guys in the first place. Great filler to keep the interest up until the next installment.
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq-rep
Fun and sweet coda! I think it would have worked better as an epilogue to the novel, as it gives more of a solid take on where Ethan and Jack stand when it comes to their relationship, but it's still a really nice and quick read. :D
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
L.J. Hayward has been telling stories for most of her life, a good deal of them of the tall variety. She loves reading but doesn’t seem to have enough time between wanting to be a more disciplined writer, being the actual erratic writer she is, and working for dollars in a dungeon laboratory. She also lives on the Gold Coast in Queensland, but rarely sees a beach and can’t surf, though she thinks ...more

Death and the Devil (3 books)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • When Death Frees the Devil (Death and the Devil, #3)

News & Interviews