Start by marking “Mythical Doorways (Fellowship of Fantasy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mythical Doorways (Fellowship of Fantasy, #3)

Mythical Doorways

(Fellowship of Fantasy #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Eleven Tales of Magical, Mysterious, Mythical Doorways!

Step through portals and into adventure as the authors of the Fellowship of Fantasy take you on another journey into fantastic worlds. Travel through time, space, and realities to encounter monsters, mechanical foxes, and the Fates themselves. You'll fly with dragons, save implausible beasts, and perhaps find your tru
Published March 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Mythical Doorways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mythical Doorways

H.L. Burke
No stars because I'm the editor/administrator of this project and my story is in here, but I read all the stories in here, sometimes multiple times, so dang it, I'm counting it towards my Goodreads challenge. Also, I'm really proud of this one. We put a LOT of time and talent into it, and it shines. Some great stories in here.
Sarah Ashwood
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun anthology! I love anthologies with a common theme-in this case doorways-because it allows me to see the breadth of artistic creativity. Each author has their own unique spin on the theme, and each story has its own unique world. I was entranced by this volume, and I truly believe there is something in here for everyone. Well done!
Deborah O'Carroll
I LOVED this collection! A couple of the stories weren’t my favorite, but you always get that in anthologies; on the whole I enjoyed it more than many. A few of these tales are going on my top-favorite list. ;)

Everwild - J. M. Hackman (5 stars) — This one was awesome! A boy about to grow out of the foster system is given a choice between two worlds... Fascinating and vivid, and I liked how it ended. Lovely portal fantasy with a few twists. It was great. ^_^ Makes me want to try more by this auth
David Justiss
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance (e)reader copy in exchange for an honest review. Portal fantasy is probably my favorite subgenre of speculative fiction, so I was happy to get this collection. I'll go story by story for the review.

- Everwild: 3/10 stars. It serves as an introduction to the premise of the anthology, but it doesn't give a good first impression. It has several cliche elements of portal fantasy without much to make it unique. Fortunately, it's not a good indicator of how good the other stories
Laura A. Grace
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent anthology! I was very much engaged with quite a few of the stories and not sure I could say if I had a favorite because I enjoyed the uniqueness of each one. Very different, but very good and liked the common theme of doorways. Some of them had a really interesting twist of what kind of doorway it was!

I have to confess that now I want to check out the books by the authors because there were very good stories in here. Recommend to readers who are looking for new authors, bu
Anna Tan
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, realmies
Another great anthology from the Fellowship of Fantasy! (I HAVE to get round to reading that first one, Fantastic Creatures: A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology, which has been in my kindle FOREVER.) There are fewer stories in this one than Hall of Heroes: A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology, but each story here is longer and somewhat more complex. So, in that way, each bite here is a juicier and more fulfilling read! (If that even makes sense.)

Everwild (J.M. Hackman) started off with a slightly g
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Mythical Doorways
A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology

By Katy Huth Jones, D. G. Driver, Lauren Lynch, H.L. Burke, Savannah Jezowski, A. J. Bakke, Laurie Lucking, Jenelle Schmidt, Arthur Daigle, Bokerah Bromley, and J.M. Hackman

This is a delightful and entertaining compilation of fantasy stories that will take you to lands exotic and fantastical. With 11 stories one is sure to discover a new land one wants to visit again. All the stories were a delight to discover with some ranking higher in my pers
C.O. Bonham
I am always unsure of how to review anthologies. Do I rate each story? Rave about the book as a whole? Or should I only mention the stories that I liked best?

Mythical Doorways is the third Anthology from a group called The Fellowship of Fantasy. Each story is in the fantasy genre and is about a door of some kind. All of these stories we're amazing and by very talented authors.

I am not going to get into each one but you should read this anthology and see if you can figure out which stories I'm de
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another Excellent Anthology!

Another excellent anthology from Fellowship of Fantasy! This one is shorter than the others, but it's no less enjoyable, and the stories are all quite unique.
Jenelle
Apr 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Probably shouldn't assign any stars... since I have a story in this anthology... *grin* but I did read it, so it counts toward my reading challenge - so there! And I honestly loved every one of the 11 stories within. :)
Mary Anne Landers
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"What's Behind the Door? Only One Way to Find Out!"

"Mythical Doorways" is a collection of fantasy stories from eleven authors associated with the Fellowship of Fantasy website and Facebook page. The settings, themes, and subgenres vary widely, but all have this in common. Integral to the plot is a door, in one sense or another.

I liked some stories more than others. But all are readable, and the variety means something for everyone. So I highly recommend this anthology. Disclosure: I received a
Chris Africa
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance review copy of this anthology, with no strings attached.

If you love short stories about magical portals to other places, you will love this anthology. Within these pages, you'll find everything from heroic talking animals to monster battles, fairies and even a bit of sweet romance. Though it is not categorized as such in Amazon, some readers might find it relevant that the stories tend toward a YA audience.

My favorite was Well of Fate, in which Tosk the squirrel goes on a
Pris
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, arc
I didn’t know what I was expecting when I first agreed to receive an ARC copy of this book (yes, even though they very specifically said that it was an anthology) but I was thoroughly surprised by each of the stories that I found here. *Heads up* Oh, by the way, the downside of an anthology? (bear with me, I seriously had forgotten what that entailed) is that each story won’t be like a novella, but rather they read more like stand-alone chapters, so, my main problem was switching from one story ...more
Laurin
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fabulous anthology filled with a magical blend of stories all swirling around the common theme of doorways and how they can change a life. Each author brought a new angle on the power, the promise, the pressure, or the predicament of passing through a doorway to find all that could be on the other side.
I did have a few favorites, including Savannah Jezowski’s “Well of Fate,” based on Norse Mythology and with a squirrel for a main character; Bokerah Brumley’s “Door Number Four,” whose
Katy
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Since I'm one of the authors, I'm only reviewing the other ten stories in the anthology. I loved the variety of takes on the doorways theme! Difficult to choose favorites because there was something to like about every story, from surprising creatures to endearing characters. When I was a kid I really wanted a doorway to a fantasy world like in "Threshold" and now I want to put out some fairy doors in the hope one might "activate" like in "Cosmic Cravings." If pressed, I'd have to say my two fav ...more
Laurie Lucking
Apr 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I won't enter any stars since I'm one of the authors, but I did have a chance to read and review all the other wonderful stories! My full review can be found here: http://www.landsuncharted.com/2018/03....
barb phelps
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it
Dschaper54
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

I loved every short story, especially the first one but I’m not much for short stories, they leave me wanting more when there isn’t any.
Kandi Wyatt
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun collection of short stories all dealing with a door of some kind. Loved the story of the cat trying to go back to earth to get chocolate.
Anastasiia Nesterenko
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful antology

I think it is one of the best FF antologies so far. I have liked all tales there. They are well crafted and lyrical.
Connie Huddleston
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eleven stories by eleven authors, two of which I had read before. My author friend, D. G. Driver told me about this new anthology. I agreed to review it and found it to be well written and full of fun. I can’t honestly say I liked all eleven stories, but that’s just a matter of taste. Try it out. You’ll find at least one new author you want to read. I found three!
Jessica
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stories were wonderful!

I enjoyed each one of the short stories in the collection. Some serve as prequels of back story for characters in other novels, novels that I for sure want to read.

So, if you want to have a quick but enjoyable 10 to 15 minute story at a time, get this collection. I'm sure you'll discover several authors you'd like to learn more about. :)
Theresa
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This anthology had a number of wonderful stories in it. A couple of the stories that stayed with me was a meeting between a girl and a dragon and a book that acts as a door to monsters guarding a graveyard. This book is good for anyone who likes clean fantasy.

Work slowed down my reading of this book, but it was good.
Kristen Walker
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mythical Doorways is an anthology of short stories written by a variety of authors, each one written on the theme of "doorways," which mostly means portal fantasy. As with any anthology, these stories are suited to different tastes. While it was interesting to see the different perspectives, there were definitely some that I enjoyed more than others.

"Everwild" was a short coming-of-age story about the choice between two worlds. I usually like stories about the Fae, but there's not much Fae here.
Rachel
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun collection of doorways and what they lead to. Some lead to new worlds while others would show you possibilities both good and bad. And each story asked for characters to make a choice and grow into different people. There were some really good stories that caught you up and brought it to life. Some were just good stories that were interesting but not as well built. If there were was one issue with some of the stories is that many didn't feel finished but more an introduction to la ...more
Linda
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonder-full short story anthology

Fantasy- and science fiction-based collection of short stories. A few were well-crafted and may result in further tales to be read. Each story featured a door; some to close, others yet to open.
Janice Clark
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Doorways, magic portals, decision points...many variations on a theme by a group of talented authors.
Jenni Calvert
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Variable

Some very good stories, some much less so - well worth a look if you want to find new authors.
Marlene
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yet another great anthology by the Fellowship of Fantasy authors. Some familiar characters, many new ones. If one hasn't read any of the included authors, it's a great way to be introduced to them.
Eitan
Oct 27, 2018
Born in a small town in north central Oregon, H. L. Burke spent most of her childhood around trees and farm animals and was always accompanied by a book. Growing up with epic heroes from Middle Earth and Narnia keeping her company, she also became an incurable romantic.

An addictive personality, she jumped from one fandom to another, being at times completely obsessed with various books, movies, o

Fellowship of Fantasy (5 books)
  • Fantastic Creatures: A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology (Fellowship of Fantasy, #1)
  • Hall of Heroes: A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology (Fellowship of Fantasy, #2)
  • Tales of Ever After: A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology  (Fellowship of Fantasy #4)
  • Paws, Claws, and Magic Tales: A Fellowship of Fantasy Anthology (Fellowship of Fantasy #5)