Start by marking “Protecting Pilar” as Want to Read:
Protecting Pilar

Protecting Pilar

(Special Forces & Brotherhood Protectors #4)

Love doesn’t come with an instruction manual...

Published March 19th 2018 by Kindle Worlds (first published March 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Pilar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Pilar

Donna
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ben “Cannon” Stone can make you smile and even laugh while folks are chasing you with deadly intent. Pilar Napolitano is not immune to his charm. When Pilar plows her Jag into the side of Ben’s new truck while running from the hoods that want to kill her Ben takes it in stride and does everything he can to keep her safe. She manages to steal his heart along the way. This is a high energy, truly fun, sweet and sexy read that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Darcy
While a lot happened in this little short it didn't feel rushed. Ben and Pilar met in a crazy way and being the stand up guy he was, he stepped in to help Pilar out. I loved how salty Pilar was as they first met and later how she let down her guard and let Ben and his friends help her out.
iliana G
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love doesn’t come with an instruction manual...

Ben “Cannon” Stone had been called many things—pretty boy, rich kid, and heir-apparent. The one title he earned and made him proud was that of Navy SEAL. Although he wore his scars on the inside, it didn’t make him any less screwed up. He just deflected with a grin and a smart-ass comment. At least until a pouty princess collided with his car…

War isn’t always fought abroad…

Born a Napolitano but raised as a Petrucci, Pilar knew all about blood feuds
Nikki Brooks
Another fab book in the series!

Ben aka Cannon is a SEAL and just finished a stint protecting his team mates girl, Trudi. He is just about the most optimistic guy in the universe! He sees the silver lining of every cloud and the glass is always half full! But when he crashes into Pilar, literally, his protective instincts kick in on high gear!

Pilar has finally admitted to herself what she always knew, her grandfather is a murdering Mafioso! She is done with doing his books and is on the run to t
CarolKat
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know you're addicted to a Kindle World when you keep checking your kindle for the books. This one arrived just before bedtime last night and I finished it before I closed my eyes.

Heather Long's contributions to this kindle world are some of my favorites. She's introduced so many awesome characters and this one, well...Cannon!

Pilar is on the run from her grandfather, and Ben 'Cannon' Stone is heading home for a visit. That is until they meet literally by accident. When bad guys show up shooti
Denise Van plew
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have come to look upon these as my next episode of a favorite series. Each alpha male makes you swoon with the take charge good heart that comes with how they handle and take care of the one that needs them. In this it is Cannon who does regardless that Pilar is trouble with a capital T. Their journey is filled with lots of action that pulls you forward but also a bit of heat along with humor. That is the kind that I barrel through as I did with this one. A favorite thing that was said-"It was ...more
Pat Rathmann
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HIGHLY ADDICTIVE ADVENTURE

As Ben was driving, a car hit his new truck. Car was driven by Pilar, on the run from the mob. While he is trying to get her out of her car and check for injuries, another car appears but instead of helping they are shooting at them. He manages to get her into his truck and they hit the road. He knows she has a tale to tell but is scared and doesn't really trust him. As they travel across country and the bad guys keep showing up, he calls his buddies for help. A fast mo
Gale
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy birthday to me! Protecting Pilar released on my birthday!

If I ran into Ben “Cannon” Stone, like Pilar Petrucci did (literally and figuratively), I’d have to ask myself “is this guy for real?” – because he jumps right in to protect her, no questions asked. Just wow. For a quick read (for me), there is much emotion and warmth, lots of action and only two cars were harmed in reading this story. Seriously, love these two! I won’t say much more about the actual plot details – no spoilers from
Merle
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick and lively story. Ben Stone is one of the SEAL team starting a new security agency. After losing his truck saving Flint's girl Trudi, he's acquired another tricked out beauty. Until he gets T-boned by a beautiful, mouthy brunette in a Jag. Jag totaled, but the brunette and Cannon get away just as the killers on Pilar's trail show up. Ben blows up the Jag. And that happens in the first ten pages! Good one.
Karen
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-ten-author
The Family

This KU library selection is a quick and easy read. Pillar is running from hired guns when she literally runs her sports car into Cannon's much larger pickup truck. The crash brings the two together just as a car and a hail of bullets explode upon the scene. Cannon eludes her pursuers by slipping away into the mountains, but Pilar has made some very persistent and deadly enemies. Enemies who seem to anticipate their every move.
Tracey
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A girl on the run. A guy going home to see family. Then the girl crashes into the guy. Cannon's training kicks in and he assesses his injuries and then goes to check on the girl in the other car.

Cannon and Pilar try to stay ahead of the guys after her but somehow they keep finding her. Finally Pilar is fed up and she decides that enough is enough. She doesn't want Cannon or his friends hurt because of her. Together they make a stand.

A great addition to Susan's world.
Sue
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Heather. This is Pilar and Cannon's story. Cannon was on his way to see his mom when he was T-boned by another car. His brand new truck which he couldn't get over. The car that hit him was a Jag and a woman inside who raised a gun at him when he came up. She had some major baggage heading her way and Cannon had taken it on to protect her. There's a lot of action in this story. But a HEA.
Selina Durio
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Met head first

Cannon and Pilar literally meet by accident and sparks fly. He proceeds to act as the soldier he is and protects her, no questions asked, eventually calling in all his other “family” to assist. The only part I want to know is what happened between Cannon and his mother.
Donna Hokanson
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely entertaining

This story starts out with Pilar running her fancy car into Cannon’s brand new truck. Then his instincts say there’s more to her running into him then meets the eye. She’s running from something and he’s just the man to help.
Lots of action and adventure in this well written self-contained story, that was very entertaining to read.
Debra Cohen
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a book that I had to read start to finish. It was that good. The characters from the series pop in to give the story a nice cohesiveness to it. The characters have sting ethics but are very much have human emotions.
S. R. Lewis
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting, fast read

This book was total enjoyment. It has great characters, suspense, excitement, and romance. What more could you want!! Fun read.
Nancy Bodie
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed!

This was a well written quick read. The characters and storyline are very well developed for a short read. Excellent fit into this Kindle World!
Ronda Barnes-Howard
Great story

I loved all the action and suspense Pilar and Cannon went through to expose her family's corruption. This was a great story and I didn't want it to end.
Lornajean(Nutnut1) Ford
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast pace great read
Patricia Mattingly
Special Forces: Operation Alpha: Protecting Pilar

I have been reading Heather Long books for awhile I loved the military ones I would recommend this book to anyone.
charles boehm
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Author for me ,great book

I loved the action and adventure in this book loved the characters. The storyline was really good. I Will be looking for more books by this author.
theBookWolf
I know novellas are meant to be short but I just wished this had more depth and was more fleshed out.
Gina
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do believe this is my favorite of the special forces books so far. It's got a lot of action and it's laugh out loud funny at the best times! Now that leaves Jacko and he's mine LOL.
Melenia
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great quick read
Charlene
I got lost when the minute the accident happened, without explaining anything, they were together.
One mention of Tex.
Mar 20, 2019
Danielle Chouinard
Aug 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Mason (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle World; The 13)
  • Delta Redemption (SEAL Team Phantom, #6)
  • Protecting Bobbi (Brotherhood Protectors Kindle World)
  • Carved in Ice (Brotherhood Protectors Kindle Worlds)
  • Going Ghost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle Worlds Novella; SEALed Brotherhood Book 2)
  • Saving Lorelei (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle World)
  • Rainhorse (Brotherhood Protectors Kindle Worlds)
  • Saving Stephanie (Cajun Connection, #3)
  • Protecting Sarina (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Olivia (The Red Team #2; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Ranger Loyalty (Brotherhood Protectors Kindle Worlds)
  • Protecting Butterfly (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SEALed Fate #1)
  • Protecting Maddie (The Omega Team #4; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Faith (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Beyond Valor #4)
  • Cowboy D-Force (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Brotherhood Protectors, #4)
  • Protecting Maria (Guardian SEALS, #2)
  • Wanted by the Lawman (Lawmen of Wyoming, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Heather Long likes long walks in the park, science fiction, superheroes, Marines, and men who aren’t douche bags. She writes snarky women tangled in romance as hot as Texas summertime. From paranormal historical westerns to contemporary military romance, Heather might switch genres, but one thing is true in all of her stories—the characters drive the books. When she’s ...more

Special Forces & Brotherhood Protectors (7 books)
  • Securing Arizona (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle World)
  • Chasing Katie
  • Guarding Gertrude (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle World)
  • Wrangling Wanda (Brotherhood Protectors Kindle Worlds; Special Forces & Brotherhood Protectors Series Book 5)
  • Shielding Shayna (Brotherhood Protectors World & Special Forces & Brotherhood Protectors Series Book 6)
  • Covering Coco (Special Forces: Operation Alpha & Special Forces & Brotherhood Protector #7)