Start by marking “The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)

The Meltdown

(Diary of a Wimpy Kid #13)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  19,388 ratings  ·  1,228 reviews
When snow shuts down Greg Heffley's middle school, his neighborhood transforms into a wintry battlefield. Rival groups fight over territory, build massive snow forts, and stage epic snowball fights. And in the crosshairs are Greg and his trusty best friend, Rowley Jefferson.

It's a fight for survival as Greg and Rowley navigate alliances, betrayals, and warring gangs in a n
Published October 30th 2018 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about The Meltdown, please sign up.
Jeffrey Gao Because that name stealing Kinney knows less than Jon Snow.
Grayson It depends on your opinion
but for me I perfer books 1-6
…more
It depends on your opinion
but for me I perfer books 1-6
(less)

·  19,388 ratings  ·  1,228 reviews

Start your review of The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)
Sheri
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Greg, along with neighborhood friends and enemies, transforms winter’s cold travails into an epic snowball battle. Greg’s escapades are entertaining as always, but I found this installment to be not as clever and amusing as previous books. It started slow and sort of meandered along until finally reaching an action-packed conclusion. I prefer more action and laughs throughout, but kids will get a kick out of this one, especially the all-out snowball war.
mewborn • i'm emo
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So Diary of a Wimpy Kid is just that one series that I can't stop checking if they have new books, and reading them over and over again. It isn't one of those Harry Potter books, but it's one that I can't seem to let go! I am so excited for this new book, you have no idea!
#teenagerstillinlovewithkidbooksisperfectlynormal
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This has to be my least favorite of all the books in the series.
There was nothing much going on all throughout the book.
The sketches are fine.
There wasn't any role of Greg and his family.
There is not even a clue what was going on except that it was snowing a lot.
And yes, the locality is divided into upper and lower hill according to the kids.
And there was a snow fight going on until the kids got tired in the end.
Hope the series is truly ending with this one.
I can see no improvement whatsoever.
Un
Prabhjot Kaur
There's a heat wave in the middle of winter and everyone is out enjoying the sun only to find out that the next day it's cold again and it's snowing. Greg wants to get a snowmobile but his parents tell him reasons why a middle grader can't have a snow mobile. On top of that, his mum has started the screen free weekends as she thinks that technology isn't doing much good to him.

Having no other choice, he has to stay outside in the snow with Rowley and build an igloo to stay warm. When they get at
Helly
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
How well did I relate with Greg in this book! We share the same type of dislike for winters. Ahhh, winter please leave! I so wish to hibernate like Greg wanted to!
Jessica
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, middle-grade
Greg suffers through a winter that starts out unseasonably warm and then takes a cold, dark turn. As per the usual, Kinney nails life in middle school, the smells, the general weirdness of your fellow students, unreasonable parents and teachers. And then, of course, it all ramps up into something cuckoo-banana-pants!
aarav gupta
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BOOK

This book was really awesome. I never want these books to finish. This book is great too pass the time if you are bored.
Anna
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Better than usual, when i look back to the others, this book is better. Mostly this series is boring and lacking any action. Greg acts like he is supreme and that everyone else is moron (including Rowly).
Ryk Stanton
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Some of these books are good, others not so much. This one had a few laughs but it was not as good as others I have read in the series.
NZLisaM
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
5 Snowflakes ❄❄❄❄❄

As always, a delight! Full review to come, but probably not until after Christmas. 🎅🎄
Kiera
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jeff Kinney does it again!
Greg never ceases to amuse me.
I loved the Meltdown and can't wait for the next book!
I always thought that Greg was in highschool because of all he books in the series but he's in middle school. That's like 4 books per school year. I can't wait till we get a book where Greg goes to high school. I think that would be hilarious!
Overall 4 stars!
Rodolfo Eli
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: koool
this...is...one....of the most incredible books I have ever readed my favorite part is from page 150 and forward (the war between kids of surrey street)
Barbara
This third installment of the popular graphic novel series focuses on winter. While those of us who live in snow-filled areas will probably be quick to relate to some of what he describes, others from warmer, sunnier climes might not be able to do so. While I liked it well enough to finish it, I wish that it had tackled some issues and been more than a series of vignettes about going to school during cold weather and building up to a big fight between two neighborhood groups. It started out prom ...more
Ashley
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, own, 2-stars
My lowest-rated Wimpy Kid book ? Say it ain't so!

Alas, though I laughed a couple times (and teased my boyfriend for his treating of cough drops like candy, too,) this book seemed to be lacking in the humour. It just didn't seem as funny as some of the other books. Also, has there always been so much EMPHASIS using CAPSLOCK on SO MANY words in PAST books? EVERY page had AT LEAST two EMPHASIZED words, and I think that's me LOW-BALLING. That REALLY distracted me and kind of took me OUT of the stor
Joanna
May 15, 2018 added it
Sara
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved the epic snowball war! These books are hilarious and great for kids.
Vikas
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one more of the series which are supposedly for the kids but I still love the hell out of these books and like me some Wimpy kid action here and there. This book was again funny and the illustrations was funny and like another reviewer said my most favourite part was from page 150 and to the end and come on why not, it was simply epic and that double page spread just wow. Storywise the story is simple, it's winter but the days are hot but then it turns cold and it snows. Greg doesn't lik ...more
Sophia Ismaa
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m not usually one to get myself a copy of a new release and I haven’t done so since the Harry Potter series concluded, but I’ve been enjoying this series so much that I had to get a copy of this latest release ASAP!

I would say 2/3 of the book is very funny. The final third consists of extreme snowball warfare (more intense than paint balling) between Lower Street and Upper Street kids which eventually becomes one where other kids in the area get involved and we even have a kid who does a Lord
Fred Forbes
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes, I know its a kid's book but having read the previous 12, I guess I am "in for a penny, in for a pound"! Fun break from my more serious reading I found this one, devoted to "more snow than normal" and the "tyranny" of the all girl safety patrol and life in general from the perspective of a middle school lad. Appeals to my sophomoric sense of humor and memories of those years and the characters I grew up with. Have a good time - great mental popcorn! ...more
Melissa
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read-books
5 out of 5 stars

No matter how old I get, I will never stop reading the new books that are added to this series.
Bhavik (Semi Hiatus)
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
just your usual diary of wimpy kid stuff and remains a fun read. Helped me with the slump!
Chris_W
The Meltdown was about the whole neighborhood he was in or the street was on was divided. But how its divided is one part that's flat, then a hill, but the kids on the flat part want to go sledding but the other kids won't let them, so there is just a war between them. If you go in the other territory, the people just go after you. ...more
i_like_big_books
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, read-in-2018
can i know why i cant read this book/ find it when it came out like 5 months!!! all there is a 15 pg sample. i feel so cheated rn this was supposed to b my last read of the yr bc daughter of the burning city has more words and looks more complex for my currently dumb brain to handle.
Shishir
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am going to buy this book (real) and totally recommend it to friends (sarcasm)
Tenzin Namse
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adya
May 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: idiosyncratic
I'm 18 and in college, and the Wimpy Kid series remains my favorite series to read in one sitting ...more
Victor The Reader
Another story about self thinking Greg Heffley who wants to make it out of a grueling winter 🥶 and an ugly neighborhood snowball ❄️ ⛄️ war (Grade: B+).
Logan Johnson
This has got to be my favorite entry into the Wimpy Kid series so far. Mainly because I'm jealous Greg because of that snowball fight, that was epic!! P.S. i read this book again for my Goodreads reading log. ...more
Emma
I finished it super quickly because I was riding in the car to Iowa City and back.
dominique
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very funny!!!!
Play Book Tag: The Meltdown - Jeff Kinney - 3 Stars 2 10 May 17, 2020 06:21AM
Goodreads Librari...: Page Numbering 4 227 Jan 04, 2019 03:37PM

• Big Nate Flips Out (Big Nate Novels, #5)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid Type
  • Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Big Nate on a Roll (Big Nate Novels, #3)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Dog Man: Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)
  • Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties (Dog Man, #3)
  • Out Loud (Big Nate)
  • Diario De Greg 3 - Esto es el colmo
  • Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)
  • Big Nate Goes for Broke (Big Nate Novels, #4)
  • Big Nate Goes Bananas!
  • Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess (Dork Diaries, #4)
  • Big Nate Lives It Up (Big Nate Novels, #7)
See top shelves…
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'. ...more

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)