Start by marking “Enchanting Nicholette” as Want to Read:
Enchanting Nicholette

Enchanting Nicholette

(The Everstone Chronicles)

In this captivating novella by Dawn Crandall, Nicholette Everstone is already a widow at the age of twenty-two: her husband was murdered on their wedding day. She has just returned to Boston after two years of mourning in Europe. Although her husband was loving, the marriage was an arranged one, and Nicholette would like to wed again--this time for love...and to someone sa ...more
Published October 9th 2018 by Whitaker House

To ask other readers questions about Enchanting Nicholette, please sign up.
Dawn Thank you, Sandra! And thank you for your desire to review on Amazon! Enchanting Nicholette will release soon from Whitaker House—also the publisher o…moreThank you, Sandra! And thank you for your desire to review on Amazon! Enchanting Nicholette will release soon from Whitaker House—also the publisher of the first four books in the series—on October 9th (2018). (less)

Start your review of Enchanting Nicholette
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Fans of The Everstone Chronicles series will absolutely love this addition to the series! Cal Hawthorne and Nicholette Everstone are pleasant and charming together, but Cal has secrets and Nicholette struggles with any sort of danger that puts loved ones at risk. I enjoyed their friendship and loved the chemistry as they are instantly attracted to each other. The themes of trust and overcoming fear are well-executed and powerful. There is a good pace to the story and it felt longer and fuller th ...more
Beth
I'm convinced that Dawn Crandall can't write a romance that isn't utterly endearing and just all around lovely to read. There are so many romantic moments, from their first interactions (in a bookstore no less, swoon!) to the moments that adds depth to their relationship. While the plot is a bit slow-moving in the beginning, the dynamic chemistry of our leads, as well as the surprising intrigue found within Nicholett's high society circles, held my interest with ease.

Having read all of the full
Katie W
I was transported back to the beloved Everstone family in this wonderful story. I don't know why, but I literally feel like I'm taken back and I am an honorary character in this series.

Seema Khan
My Views:

To begin with, I am not a novella person. I need a complete and detailed story, with elaborate (but not overboard) descriptions of feelings, places, situations, characters, actions et al., which are most of the times missing from a novella. My experience, when I had grabbed one to read, was that they are hasty, and kind of like fill-in-the-blanks-on-your-own types. So, the bottom line is, I didn’t read them untill and unless I found the story too captivating and
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I love reading Dawn Crandall books. She has a wonderful writing style and I have to admit that I have grown to have a deep appreciation for the characters in her Everstone Chronicles.

This book contains characters that were introduced in her series. I loved getting to know Nicholette better and to read her side of the story. This long novella can be read alone, but why would you want to not read her other books? It would be a great introduction into the world of the Everstone's.

This book contain
Susan L. Tuttle
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crandall has done it again. If you love lilting passages full of romance and sprinkled with a hint of intrigue, you're going to love Enchanting Nicholette. And if you've read Crandall's other full-length novels, then you'll be even happier with this story! It's long time that Nicholette receives her happily-ever-after, and with this book she certainly does. Fans of Crandall will fall in love with her stories all over again by the time they've turned the last page of this enchanting novella.

***I
Jane Potter
Dawn has done it again!!!

I inhaled this novella in just a day. It was wonderful to be back in the world of the Everstone Chronicles and even better to get Nicholette's story!

Dawn is at her best in this story. There are so many deliciously romantic moments. You can feel the tension building and soak in every romantic look, touch, and word. While I hoped I knew how it would all come together, I loved the journey Nicholette goes on to let down her barriers and embrace true love.

From the first momen
Katie W

An undeniable and instant chemistry exploded and my heart sang at the potential for Nicholette to finally have her happily ever after. The romance is a well orchestrated dance, with give and take, wondering and knowledge, hope and assurance. And there is even humor mixed in with the tender love in this bittersweet
Courtney Clark
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dawn Crandall has penned another engaging and beautiful historical romance in 1st person point-of-view! With deeper themes of grief, hope, and trusting in God's sovereign plan, this story follows the beginnings of a romance between the widowed Nicholette Everstone and the ever-intriguing (and charming!) Cal Hawthorne.

While I thought the first quarter of the story was a bit slow, I was quickly caught up in the story by the middle --- especially after a certain horse-buying sequence. Likable char
Brittany
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read this beautiful story two times now. It is part of a wonderful series, which I love! Enchanting Nicholette captivated me even more the second time I read it. The romance that grows between Cal and Nicholette is so tender and sweet, and Cal is so understanding about all that Nicholette has been through. These characters and the setting are just so vivid, I feel as if I am there with them as I read. Beautifully done!

I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
Abbi
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely enchanted by this gorgeous story (pun completely intended)! I only just discovered this amazing author at the beginning of this year. And after devouring each of her four previous novels at the speed of almost one a day I not-so-patiently awaited this story. When it arrived I scrambled to finish my current read so that I could dive into this beauty!
It was everything I wanted it to be and more. I didn’t feel like I knew Nicholette all that well from the previous books, she was ju
Toni Shiloh
Y’all, I would read a phone book if Ms. Crandall wrote it. I’m sure she’d managed to make the random listing swoon in delish delight.

Enchanting Nicholette follows the leading lady as she reenters society as a widow willing to marry. Oh, how I empathized with her. She’s been through so much in such a horrific way and now because of societal expectations, needs to marry again.

Enter Cal Hawthorne (and my cheek-splitting grin). This man is a hero among heroes. He’s honorable, dependable, and incite
Rebecca
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Rescuing a falling beauty . . . wasn't exactly what I was looking for . . . but it was an added pleasure."

"My whole life had fallen apart two years ago, and I didn't know how to put it back together", muses Nicholette, Mrs. William Everstone; widowed at twenty-two years of age on her wedding day. Now back in Boston after two years of mourning away the days through-out Europe, Nicholette's precocious young sister-in-law is tutoring her in the art of flirtation, citing "lesson number on
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Life hasn't been easy for Nicholette Everstone. She has just finished her mourning period of two years after tragically loosing her husband, William, on her wedding day. She reluctantly reenters society, not yet ready for the sympathy and attention she is sure to get.

One of her first outings is to a book store. There she meets a delightful young lady, May Hawthorne and her handsome brother, Cal. From the moment they meet it felt as if the book soared! The chemistry and attraction was instant, bu
Abby Breuklander
Love love and love this story!! We all need the reminder that no matter how dark the seasons of our lives can be there is always a better season just around the corner. God is always holding us close and at work for His glory and our ultimate good, no matter how devastating things may seem. He is always in the miracle and restoration business.
Cara Putman
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful way to spend a couple hours. I loved learning more about Nicolette, and the romance was pitch perfect. Loved it!
Beth Erin
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review and quote on FaithfullyBookish.com

Still unsettled by the events which ended her marriage on the day it began, Nicholette craves both safety and love. I enjoyed this heroine's journey out of grief and mourning and into the vibrancy of living life to the fullest. Her new younger friends add much-needed levity and brightness to her days and I especially loved Nicholette's relationship with her father.

Cal is without a doubt one of my favorite Everstone heroes! He is patient, humble, and self-
Sydney
Dawn Crandall has done it again in her latest Everstone Chronicles series Enchanting Nicholette. This short story is simply enchanting and an absolute delight to read. Crandall’s excellent storytelling will suck readers in from the beginning, making them almost feel as if they are a character within the story themselves. This beautiful story is one that transports readers back in time and pulls them once again into the life of the beloved Everstone family. This sweet historical romance will have ...more
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
This is the first book I've read by Dawn Crandall, and I thought it was enjoyable though not my all time favorite story.

It was a cute, quick novella with adorable characters and a happily ever after. What more could ya ask for?

This is apart of a series, so I would definitely recommend reading them all so you can meet everyone and understand their relationships.

The characters were perfect for each other, and though they met and fell in love quick it was a strong bond from the beginning.

Though it
Suzie Waltner
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a couple of years since readers were treated to Dawn Crandall’s Everstone Chronicles. Now we get to revisit some of the family in Enchanting Nicholette.

After being widowed on her wedding day, Nicholette Fairbanks Everstone returns to Boston as she re-enters society when her mourning period ends. The combination of her fear and desire to move forward made me sympathetic to a character I previously didn’t care for much.

I’m not usually a huge fan of the love-at-first-sight trope, but much
Anne
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I actually won this book and I never win books, so of course I had to read it right away.

I didn't realize this was the fifth book in a series - it would have helped to have read the first four books, but I was able to track the story of this one pretty well even so. I just didn't know the back story of a lot of auxiliary characters that were mentioned in the book as if I already knew them. And I think the primary event that drove part of the plot in this story happened in a previous book, althou
Inspirationalfictionreader
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enchanting Nicholette is in a word ~ enchanting! 😉 I really enjoyed this novella, which totally reads like a full length story - never feeling too rushed. Also, Dawn Crandall writes first person like no other. I loved reconnecting with all of the characters from the Everstone Chronicles, but this easily reads as a stand-alone.

I’ve always wondered about Nicholette, after reading about her oh so sad story in the Everstone Chronicles - all of which I highly recommend. I loved that Nicholette and Ca
Melony
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I have to say that I adore the cover of this book. I have been a fan of Dawn Crandall’s books since I found the Everstone Chronicles a few years ago and to have Enchanting Nicholette finish off the series is wonderful!

We get to visit a few of the characters from all the previous books (not that you HAVE to have read them, but it is nicer if you do).

Nicholette, a mourning widow, really gives poor Cal Hawthorne a run for his money and there are some interesting twists and turns in the story
Brittany
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enchanting Nicholette was a wonderful story and a splendid addition to the Everstone Chronicles series. I believe that readers who have not read the previous books in the series will still be able to pick up Nicholette’s story and follow along nicely. And, of course, if you have read the series, then revisiting certain characters from the past novels will be an added bonus.

Enchanting Nicholette may be a novella, but as I read the story, I forgot that fact. The storyline drew me in and these char
Denise Hershberger
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ever since I discovered Crandall's books I've read every one. Novellas have never been my favorite type of books so this one wasn't near long enough to suit me, but Crandall made it work!

I fell in love with Cal. He is quite patient, but at the same time knows what he wants. I liked Nicholette too. I really like that she has been through some really hard times and has some fears but learns to work through those fears.

The romance was good too and it was fun to watch them flirt and sneak away somet
Marguerite Gray
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novella. The life of Nicholette, an Everstone family widow, brings the characters of the first four novels together once again. I'm always excited to read what Dawn Crandall creates.
Savanna Kaiser
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot seem to get enough of Dawn Crandall’s books. This novella swept me away and the beautiful ending came way too soon. The story is written entirely from the heroine’s perspective, allowing the reader to truly feel her joy as well as her pain.

Nicholette and Cal…. Ahh, these two are something special. Their attraction to each other is instant, but their relationship grows at a gentle pace. I loved watching these two fall for each other. Every moment they shared on the page together was ful
Leslie M.

Crandall’s latest is a novella full of romance with a hint of intrigue. This is a great addition to her other full-length novels (The Everstone Chronicles). She paints an engaging historical romance with beautiful, descriptive prose. It follows Nicholette Everstone and Cal Hawthorne. Familiar characters from Crandall’s other stories make an appearance. However, this can easily be read and enjoyed as a standalone tale. Some parts are a bit slow, but it balances out. Overall, this is a qu
Sally
The good thing about blog tours is that you have the opportunity to read books by authors that you’ve not read previously. Such is the case here with Dawn Crandall. I’d not read any of her previous novels, and thought that a novella would be a good place to start. Novellas, in my experience, have provided great introductions to a new series. And so I came to the first page of Enchanting Nicholette knowing nothing about the Everstone Chronicles.

The plot is centered around Boston society, perhaps
V. Palmer
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been wanting to get my hands on one of Dawn Crandall's books for a long time, so I jumped (virtually speaking...and maybe literally...) at the chance to review Enchanting Nicholette!

I was not disappointed!!!

Despite the fact that this is a novella, it read like a full-length novel. The characters and the plot were so wonderfully done, and the pacing didn't feel rushed. I loved how it was told through Nicholette's first-person narrative. Honestly, I actually kept wishing there were more pag
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations
  • A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor, #2)
  • Between Two Shores
  • A Bound Heart
  • Bookishly Ever After (Book Nerds and Boyfriends Collection #1)
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • Façade
  • The Secrets of Paper and Ink
  • Flights of Fancy (American Heiresses, #1)
  • This Freedom Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #3)
  • The Heart of Home
  • My Heart Belongs in the Blue Ridge: Laurel's Dream
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • When You Look at Me (Pleasant Gap Romance #2)
  • Far Side of the Sea
  • An Hour Unspent (Shadows Over England, #3)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
Dawn Crandall’s debut Gilded Age Victorian romance, “The Hesitant Heiress,” was a 2015 ACFW Carol award finalist in the debut category and received the 2015 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, the 2015 Write Touch Reader's Choice Award and the 2015 Romancing the Novel Reader's Choice Award. Her follow-up novel, “The Bound Heart,” received the 2016 Laurel Award from Clash of the Titles. Dawn earned a ...more

The Everstone Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Hesitant Heiress (The Everstone Chronicles, #1)
  • The Bound Heart (The Everstone Chronicles, #2)
  • The Captive Imposter (The Everstone Chronicles, #3)
  • The Cautious Maiden (The Everstone Chronicles, #4)