Start by marking “Mind Full to Mindful: Zen Wisdom From a Monk's Bowl” as Want to Read:
Mind Full to Mindful: Zen Wisdom From a Monk's Bowl

Mind Full to Mindful: Zen Wisdom From a Monk's Bowl

Many of us struggle to remain calm during the day or to fall asleep at night.

Our restless, treacherous minds make us feel good one moment and terrible another. From where do negativity and anguish engulf us and how do we go about being serene and peaceful? Zen shows us the art of attaining that inner quietude without rituals or dogma. It is about seeing beauty, bliss and
Published March 13th 2018 by Black Lotus

To ask other readers questions about Mind Full to Mindful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Full to Mindful

Start your review of Mind Full to Mindful: Zen Wisdom From a Monk's Bowl
Sudhir Waghmode
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading OM swami for a long time. I am not his follower. I usually keep reading books of yogis and I got to know him by book 'If Truth Be Told'. I picked it accidentally, no one recommended it to me. Since then I am reading his books. Few of them like 'A Million Thoughts ', 'The Wellness Sense', 'Kundalini' are his based on his philosophy or experiences. 'The Last Gambit' is a quite good fictional book from him. Rest of books mostly are the compilation of his discourse to followers, ...more
Harsh Singal
Still absorbing the ideologies covered in this book. Will update this later.
Karthick
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Om Swami explains lot of good information for life in a clear and jovial way. A very good and simple to read english.
aditya shahi
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful book full of wisdom

Great stories, examples and analogies in the book. I have started implementing some of the things recommended in the book and seeing the results.
Aditi Gupta
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌻Mind Full to Mindful by Om Swami was a book that I stumbled upon while searching for a good read that encourages mindfulness and how to practice it. 🌻If you don't know what Mindfulness is, it's an age old practice started first by Budhha where we are supposed to be in the present while being in the present. 🌻More often than not, while we are doing something, our mind is preoccupied with thousand other things and the continuous chaos and blabbering depletes our ability to be in the moment and en ...more
Niyaatii Swami
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Must read for all who are directionless and want something to cheer them up. Or those who have a direction in life but want to grow and improve the quality of life. This book is a good and gentle nudge.
LibroReview
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So many people crave being spiritual, others run away from it thinking it may lead them to become a sanyasi. Spirituality is slowly taking the shape of some religion but what we don’t know is that spirituality is not a set of rituals to follow to get somewhere, to get to some place. It is doing nothing. It is being yourself, doing nothing, not dying to reach a stage and simply flowing with life. Everybody, in some or the other aspect of life is very spiritual, knowingly or unknowingly.
Mind
Sameer Tangri
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I quite loved this book. It sends its message across in a very crisp manner using simple words. As the author says towards the end, "Wise people are simple. Simplicity is Zen." and thus, is the nature of this book. It gives messages with deep meanings by using very simple examples.
While reading I kept noting down the so-called 'Rules for a Zen life' that I was deriving from it. I ended up filling the last one and a half page of this book with my 'cheat-sheet' which I think will help me liv
Gïrīśḥ Öm
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind'Fool' to Mindful!!!

First of all my humble obeisance at divine feet of Swamiji.
We all have so much crap in our head which makes us 'Fool' I suppose. This book will empty you out. We are already full. A full cup cannot be filled in more. We need to empty out ourselves - in order to fill it with new wisdom.We must become comfortable with ourselves first - with both our negatives and positives and then pave our way through it. It happens only when we take a pause.Reflect and t
Tushar
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Om Swami that I read. This book is all about the "'Mindfulness" i.e how to be aware of your thoughts, actions etc. This book's core philosophy is that whatever you do, do it with complete awareness. This book teaches Zen philosophy, giving references to Buddha's story. The author also discusses the four form of Zen meditation. Those are "Zazen", "Wall gazing", "Chado" i.e Zen tea ritual, "Kinhin and sleep meditation". The author describes how to do each meditation. If y ...more
Premankit
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A simple book for a simple life

I chose this book because I was curious about zen, being something mystical and hidden. But, through this book you realize that, what ever spiritual practices you do, until you are not balanced, you do not prioritise and know how to handle yourself, there is no need to go beyond. Thank you Om Swami for always giving us masterpieces in your cool style.
Rudra
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You're the life, beautifully written.

Book is written in an extremely lucid manner. Aspects of life and how few simple practices such as sitting quietly can make a world of a difference.

I enjoyed every bit of this book. Swamiji as always makes our life much easier.

A must read.
Sushma Karra
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short worthwhile read. I feel a bit lighter after reading this book especially after having come out of an emotional turmoil and still having traces of it affecting me. I'll try the Zen principles and come back and add to this review, if it impacts in the next couple of months.
Sumit pratap singh
Mind blowing Wisdom

This is something one can practice easily in day to day life. Simple yet worth practicing. Must read book to live a fulfilling life. Thank you Swami ji for your gems.
Rupa Ghosh
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This monk's book taught me what i couldnt learn in last 5 years of meditation in simple and authentic way. I am amazed by the flow of words he represented in his book. How can one be such simple with words yet full of wisdom....a walking library... Thank you Swamiji.
Prerana
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
simple and beautiful

Anyone can read and understand this book.
In today's stressful and materialistic life we forgot how to live in peace, how to live happy. This book reminds us of those simple things, we used to do as kids, being in present!
Sourav Yadav
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Things have been described in a simple way (the Zen way). Jokes and cartoons used are too good. Anyways what matters most is to take in practice whatever has been told about Zen meditation in this book.
Venkata Namburi
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic thoughts!

I would recommend this book to everyone because most of us are taking our thoughts very seriously. This book is also helpful for starting easiest form of meditation that can be done all the time.
Priyanka
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing yet simple approach to maintain a mindful mind. It's a great guide to practice mindfulness in day to day chores.
Chethan
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

It teaches the Zen way of living, how to declutter mind and fill with good thoughts. Zen way seems most suitable at present time frame. Read it to explore more.
Sudhir Chauhan
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its a good book to start with in the path of meditation specifically zen. I've throughly enjoyed the humorous tone of the author.
SaurabhTheGawande
Exceptionally awesome....!
Amrit Abhijat
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Well, Its a feel good book.Quick comfortable chapters. Nice to be fair.I feel, Swami needs to avoid the factory to keep our interest intact.
Vineet Sajwan
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's about art of living and meditation.
Susanta Samantaray
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent collection of stories from Swamiji's wisdom.
Rupa Om
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book written in simple words yet passing on powerful message. It gives you tools to live mindfully and peacefully. This is one of the best book to read in this modern hectic phase.
Vishal
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Great superb

love reading book
good for people of all ages
waiting for next book
with love
jai shri krishna Jai sri ram
Alok
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
simple approach to big things. good to read. implementing alongwith the book would be fruitful
Rahul Kumar
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book
Karthik
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books on zen. This is the book for Zen in modern life.

• Life's Amazing Secrets: How to Find Balance and Purpose in Your Life
  • Buddha in Blue Jeans: An Extremely Short Simple Zen Guide to Sitting Quietly and Being Buddha
  • Om Swami: As We Know Him
  • Shunya: A Novel
  • Immortal Talks (- Book 1)
  • Adiyogi: The Source of Yoga
  • My Gita
  • Three Thousand Stitches: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives
  • Autobiography of a Yogi
  • Body the Greatest Gadget
  • The Art Of Saying NO: How To Stand Your Ground, Reclaim Your Time And Energy, And Refuse To Be Taken For Granted (Without Feeling Guilty!)
“This constant play of nature – one season comes, then goes, another one comes, then goes – is what life is all about. It’s not about some grand goal. Zen does not believe in that. Zen says, nirvana or moksha is simply a matter of perspective. If you can eat when you are eating, if you can sleep when you are sleeping, you are jivan-mukta, a liberated soul. You are enlightened.” 3 likes
“For if I’m doing anything in my life out of choice, there’s no reason to complain and if I don’t have a choice then there’s no sense in complaining.” 2 likes