Start by marking “Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)

Fake Out

(Fake Boyfriend #1)

Maddox

The reason I rarely go home is three simple words: I’m a liar.

When the pressure to marry my childhood sweetheart became too much, I told her I was gay and then fled to New York like my ass was on fire.

Now, five years later and after a drunken encounter, I find myself invited to her wedding. And I have to bring my boyfriend—the boyfriend who doesn’t exist because I
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 282 pages
Published March 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fake Out, please sign up.

☆ Todd
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I have nothing but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for this story.

On the surface, it was just your run of the mill "dude learns he's into guys and finds love" tale; however, the way that it was told turned out to be utterly entertaining and completely charming.

Maddox was the consummate hetero man-whore and commitment-phobe. With a heart of gold, of course.

And Damon was the ex-star athlete, whose career ended abruptly due to an injury, and he was angry at the world because he'd never be on the field again.

I
Wendy

This is a new to me author, and the blurb had me very curious.

This story was pretty much the world upside down for me.....

When Maddox felt like he couldn't break up with his high school girlfriend, he told her he was gay, just so he could escape her....and she wouldn't be too broken hearted.

Things pretty much blow up in his face though, when his ex informs the whole town of his gayness, before he even gets home. This includes his parents, who are really supportive of him being gay.

Now this would
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

I am a huge fan of the fake relationship trope. Like, major. I will read just about every book I come by with if it has the fake relationship trope going on. So of course I picked this one up as soon as I saw it on my feed and I loved it.

Maddox is single and known for being a man-whore. He has commitment issues that run so deep that he literally ran from home leaving behind an ex and his small home town believing he was gay. Yes, you read that right. He didn't have the nerve to break up
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: queer
This was..... not my fav. The characters were super bland and I’ve seen this plot a thousand times before. It wasn’t terrible but thank u, next
Shile
This was a nice surprise.

3 stars for the Audiobook

4 stars for the story.

The Audio-book was just ok. I enjoy Alexander Cendese and Iggy Tom narration, but here it was somehow a miss. There was no distinction between the Mc's voices, i was left confused at times trying to figure out who was who.

On the plus side, This was cute, light and enjoyable.

The Chemistry between the Mc's was evident and hot!

The banter had me like:

description

It was a little on the soap side but i still liked that there was no unnecessar
Nazanin
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, m-m
3.5 Stars

My huge problem was with the narration, the lack of distinction between MCs’ voices! And it made me confused at some part! But the story itself was good and I had a good laugh with it! I liked both characters but that Stacy girl, she was on my nerve! She was a great sister and best friend but still, I couldn’t tolerate her! Told in dual POV, 1st person. It’s the first installment in the "Fake Boyfriend" series and it can be read as a standalone. Looking forward to reading (not listening
Janie
Maddox and Damon were amazing together. While this has a trope used many times (fake relationship), this one felt different to me. The person doing the pushing away was not who I expected. I was also happy that it didn’t last too long because it was impossible for them to stay away. I could feel their chemistry coming off the pages. They were 🔥
This has a great cast of secondary characters that added nicely to the story. I’m truly looking forward to Noah and Matt’s story.
Ariana
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ariana by: Christelle
*4,5 stars*

This was an unexpected delight.
Unexpected because this is a new author to me and I decided on the spur of the moment to go for it! (Thanks Christelle, for drawing my attention to this!)

I really liked it for ...
- the snarky humour
- MCs I could relate to and who acted (mostly, XD) responsibly with each other despite some confusion and issues
- the well written banter
- the way Maddox comes to terms with his sexuality
- the slow burn between Maddy and Damon
- how we are all the way with t
Lyn
Audio - 3 good enough stars
Story - 4 stars

This was so much fun! I totally understand the Fake Boyfriend series craze now. The story was funny without being silly. That's the kind of romantic comedy I can enjoy! On to the next...
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not for me, I guess*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Maddox ‘Maddy’ Colin O’Shay (23) and the pretend boyfriend he bribed, Damon ‘Dik’ Isaac King (how old?). Damon want to say no, as he has history with straight men, but Maddox has something he needs; soon to be a sports agent and Maddox can give him a meeting with a high-profile hockey player. Maddox lied to his girlfriend in order to breakup with her and said he was gay. 5 years he managed to avoid her, and then her mets her at her bachelorette party. She and e
Sabrina
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-oh-man
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I don't even know how to put into words how much I enjoyed this couple. Maddox and Damon were amazing together and I loved the dynamic of the whole semi-straight-guy-wants-gay-guy but gay-guy-rejects-straight-guy thing. It was really fun to see them wanting each other and holding off on their desires while all that sexual tension just got stronger.

But then they got together and gave in to that desire and my Kindle about caught on fire. Holy hell these two were
chandler ainsley ♕
"I found it- where I'm supposed to be. It's with you."

yep, maddox found where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to be. surprise surprise:

description

ok technically that gif isn't 100% true but i'm not going to spoil the story for you. what i will say, is that this book was fcking awesome. i thought the whole fake boyfriend/fake fiance/fake relationship trope was pretty played out but i guess i just thought that because all the one's i've read have been straight. and boring.

this wasn't straight and
Sanaa Z.
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

“Sarcasm is great. You can say anything and pretend you’re joking. People think I’m hilarious when in reality I’m just an asshole.”

This book was super cute!!! GAH!!! Almost everything I look for when I'm looking for my next M/M read. And let's appreciate that cover for a second, okay? *swoon*

The blurb caught my attention right off the bat and the author was also new to me. I haven't read a book about a fake relationship in a very long time so this was perfect. Add in good banter,
Gigi
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! Loved all the characters and am excited for Noah and Matt’s story.
Susan
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Re-read October 2018

I wasn't sure if I could get used to two narrators instead of one, but I have to say that these two voices worked quite well together. I'm totally doing the sequel on audio as well.

---------------------------------------

This book was fun. I really loved how light-hearted Maddox was. The storyline held so much potential for all kinds of angst, but it never went there. Yes, there was a big misunderstanding in the middle, but it was solved almost immediately, so that didn’t real
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Banter for the win.

No idea why I waited so long to read this series.

Loved this one and can't wait to read the others in the series.
Renée
The blurb initially turned me off of this one. But then my friend, Todd, said the magic word - banter.

Yeah, that's all it takes.

I'm glad I did. It was so much better than I thought! And the fake boyfriend trope was executed really differently here - and only took up a small portion of the story.

The rest was just FUN!

No melodrama to be found. Just two guys who kinda pine for each other until they figure their shit out.

With an awful lot of UST mixed in. And aforementioned banter.

I'm really look
Rachel
Apr 10, 2018 added it
DNF @ 50%
“Dinner’s almost ready, Mom says. Aunt Cheri stares at Mom in silent question. ‘I have a vegan option for you,’ she adds.

Still a nutcase. Vegetarians, I can forgive. Vegans? Are they even real humans?”

Nope. Not cool.

Authors, why do you find it necessary to ridicule those whose lifestyle choices are different than yours? I have seen similar “jokes” like this pop-up in numerous novels. This type of humor is not funny. Please stop.

This story spends an inordinate amount of time bemoaning
DarienMoya

The Story: 4 Pants Off

I swear the fake boyfriend trope should get old by now but it really doesn’t. I read it so much in fanfic and I should really be over but NEVER. Fake Out is super sweet and I’m glad I finally took the chance to read it.

The Narration: 4.5 Pants Off

First of all, everyone needs to start booking Alexander Cendese because that voice is tooooooo die for ☠. Iggy Toma did an awesome job too but I love the grit in ACs voice 😋 (delicioso)

Hit me right out of the park

Eugenia
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, sports, fake-boyfriend
So hot and sweet!!

I loved this GFY/“I guess I’m bi”/fake boyfriend story. I swear that the fake boyfriend trope is one of my favorite tropes ever! This book did a great job with it. It was funny, charming and rather well written.

And look at that hottie on the cover, YUM! That must be Damon, our ex-baseball player and aspiring sports agent. I could literally lick him all over! His major hang up was straight guys. A no-go for him. You see, he’d been burned before crushing on his straight best fri
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review: No change

Iggy Toma and Alexander Cendese do a really good job narrating this story, but that was completely expected. I still wish that if an author/publisher is gonna splurge on more than one performer that the recording would be duet-style, though. Getting used to one MC's "voice" only to have it sound differently in the other MC's POV gets frustrating after a while.

Original Rating 05Apr2018: 4.2 Stars

So, yeah, my Bestie totally had it right when it came to this book: It's adorab
Bo
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

When I started this I really had no expectations. I mean the premise is completely whacko... Maddox always felt stifled in his hometown, and he needed out in a bad way. When his girlfriend starts with wedding talks, he tells her he's gay and moves far away. However, he's from a small town, and the news spreads like a wildfire. It's 5 years later, and everyone still thinks he's gay including his family. When he runs into his ex-girlfriend, she invites him to her wedding with his made-up
Christelle
**Thank you, Ky, for this gift** Cherry on the cake : I enjoyed this book a lot. As Ariana mentioned in her review that reflects my opinion so well : “This was an unexpected delight”.

When 18, Maddox stupidly lied to his girlfriend by saying he was gay to break-up with her. Like I said…stupid. Even more that said girlfriend spread out the words in their little town and Maddox didn’t get the balls to correct her and ran to live in New York.
A few years later, Maddox is invited to his ex-girlfriend’
Emily Seelye
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m
Despite the crazy set up, I could not put this book down. I read this in two sittings (had to break it up for dinner).

Maddox and Damon were so cute together. Damon didn’t want to be Maddox’s experiment, so he kept pushing him away. It allows them to become friends first. When they finally come together, it’s so hot and explosive!

Despite my love of reading, I often find myself taking lots of short breaks to check Facebook or play games. Not with this book. I was sucked into the story from the be
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! Such a fun read! Just the perfect amount of humor and steam, with a sprinkle of angst.

I always used to think relationships meant compromising what you want for something somebody else wants, but I never realized that when you meet that one person who becomes your priority it's not compromising because you'd willingly do anything to make them happy. Just like I know Damon would do the same for me.

Maddox and Damon were fantastic together. While the fake re
Meep
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first half, light silly premise but likeable characters who get called on their nonsense. It did drag a bit with the talk of labels but a positive spin of accepting self, no denial and no evil-female-ex. Wish I'd stopped reading in the middle though.

For me it went downhill at about the halfway point. Sudden drama. Unnecessary and unexplored. Oddly I'd have preferred some agnst to it sinking immediately into the background. Crazy aunt appeared later as a device for something else, b
Shin Mon Thway
Not in the mood for a full review so I’ll summarize. 😌 Too slow-paced for my liking. The first time they had sex is at 70% mark which is way too long in my book. 😬 Maddox is really afraid of commitment and an all-round diva. Damon is a perfect boyfriend. The more I read contemporary, the more I realize they are way too vanilla for me except for some very few authors who can hit the nail in this genre. 😏 The first time they had sex is hot enough that I’m willing to rate a half-star more. The endi ...more
Elsa Bravante
Uy, qué sorpresa. No me gusta la trope del novio falso, ni en MM, ni en MF, el 90% de las veces me parece ridículo. Y además, no conocía a la autora. Pero, lo vi reseñado en GR por casualidad, está en KU y decidí probar, tenía ganas de algo ligero y parecía lo ideal, a pesar de su portada, muy oscura y que no se corresponde absolutamente nada con el tono del libro, ni con lo de los personajes.
Buscaba algo ligero y eso es lo que encontré, aunque hay algunos temas serios entrelazados con la histor
Mindy
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this book a lot. Its a feel good happy book with very low angst. But for some reason it reminded me of #Junkie by Hebert Cambria- (Not in a bad way). When I was reading this, I have a smile on my face for most of the book. The pranks where hilarious. Damon sister is a lot crazy and I love her for it. And who doesn't like hot athletes.

Over all I Love this book description
Ky
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful story! I got so much more than what I expected when I started this book.

I was expecting to read about a fake relationship that near the end of the book developed into a genuine one, but here I read about a fake relationship that pretty soon became a real one and the couple's dealings with other problems in their lives.

I was very glad that we got to see Damon and Maddox be really together and not just act like it. I liked how they had their issues about starting a relationship an

• The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Strong Side (Eastshore Tigers, #1)
  • Five Dares
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Will & Patrick Meet the Mob (Wake Up Married, #5)
  • City Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #1)
  • Fifteen Shades of Gay (For Pay)
  • Breathing Snow
  • Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)
  • Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Game (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #1)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Gemini Keeps Capricorn (Signs of Love, #3)
  • Damage Control (North Shore Stories, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Winging It
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires #1)
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She doesn’t take anything too seriously and lives to create an escape from real life for her readers. The ideas always begin with a wackadoodle premise, and she does her best to turn them into romances with heart.

With a short attention span that rivals her five-year-o

Fake Boyfriend (5 books)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend, #5)
“I finally get it. I don’t give a shit about labels, because I don’t need to. All I need to care about is making this guy mine.” 3 likes
“Damon Isaac King … wait, your initials are—”
I grit my teeth. “I know. You don’t think Stacy has made that joke to our parents ever since I came out? ‘No wonder he likes dick when his initials are DIK.”
3 likes