Start by marking “Book Love” as Want to Read:
Book Love

Book Love

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  6,536 ratings  ·  1,542 reviews
Bookworms rejoice! These charming comics capture exactly what it feels like to be head-over-heels for hardcovers. And paperbacks! And ebooks! And bookstores! And libraries!

Book Love is a gift book of comics tailor-made for tea-sipping, spine-sniffing, book-hoarding bibliophiles. Debbie Tung’s comics are humorous and instantly recognizable—making readers laugh while
Published January 1st 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Book Love, please sign up.
Katsumi Yes, I think so! It's very cute and wholesome and about loving books. There is a brief mention/discussion of a character who dies by suicide.…moreYes, I think so! It's very cute and wholesome and about loving books. There is a brief mention/discussion of a character who dies by suicide. (less)

·  6,536 ratings  ·  1,542 reviews

Start your review of Book Love
Julie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Love by Debbie Tung is a 2019 Andrews McMeel Publishing publication.

This adorable book is about me. This is me- well with a few slight exceptions. But, basically, if your life revolves around books- If you live them, breathe them, inhale them, hug them, collect them, share them, quote from them…. Etc, Etc. - This book is for you.

This book isn’t a story, it doesn’t have a plot, per se. It is basically a special gift for book lovers, a celebration and homage to books and book nerds. The
Amalia Gavea
This lovely little treasure by Debbie Tung contains all those moments that make us readers such a wonderful, lively, thoughtful and sometimes excruciating (for the ones around us) beautifully obsessed bunch of people.

For all those moments when we brought a book to the cinema...

Once I did that. I knew I wasn't going to enjoy the film (I don't enjoy most films...) but I didn't want to ''break'' the fellowship. Truth is I managed to read quite a few pages under the light of the silver screen,
Angela M
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Tung is a cartoonist and illustrator who shares her love of reading in this delightful collection of cartoons that would be a perfect gift for any book lover, including yourself. In page after page of drawings and dialogue, I got everything she depicts from not being able to resist a bookstore you walk by to times when you’d just rather stay home and read. She even gives advice on how to read more and shares some of her favorite books, some of which are mine too. I just have to share the ...more
karen
oooh, goodreads choice awards semifinalist for BEST GRAPHIC NOVELS & COMICS 2019! what will happen?

photos are of the digital netgalley ARC: an aging camera photographing an aging monitor in the hands of an aging lady. all apologies for the quality of the images.

i fear that i am going to have my booklover card revoked for not loving this book enough.

i’m not saying i didn’t like it - it’s a sweet little book that is being marketed as a collection of “charming comics,” and that is exactly
MischaS_
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, comics
I think this should have been named Book Life. I found this book in the Goodreads Choice Awards and I immediately knew I had to read it.

While reading this I was like, "yep; I did this; that's so me..."

Very relatable and at least I know I'm not the only one.

I was not familiar with the artist before reading this which also helped with the enjoyment.
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
A wonderful homage to BOOK LOVERS everywhere!

What a treat this was for my bibliophile heart! It's not a book in the usual sense as there is not one story arc or developed plot. Rather it's a celebration of book lover scenarios. There is much here to warm your heart and find relatable. I found myself smiling at each illustration, thinking of the time when I had felt the same, did the same, etc. Each page in this unique book has a special way of making readers feel understood.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Loved it!

Mel
*TUDOR^QUEEN*
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Andrews McMeel Publishing who provided an advance reader copy via NetGalley.

This is a book laid out in black and white comic book format depicting the many ways book lovers experience joy with their books. It's as simple as that! Each page has it's own example and message and if you're an avid reader you will relate. Some of the scenarios will cause you to laugh out loud in recognition and some will make your heart swell with joy, as you recognize all the ways in which you love
Liz
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I’ve never read a graphic book before. But how could I resist a book called Book Love? It’s perfect. Anyone that loves books will totally relate to it. It will make you smile, as each page is spot on. Because “every day is a good day for books.” And yes, this is meant for those that read print books. But those of us addicted to our kindles still find plenty to love. Plus, if you’re of a “certain age” you will well remember the years before we had our kindles and the love of entering a book store
Tucker
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Tung’s charmingly illustrated “Book Love” will have book lovers thinking “how did she get in my head?” Her observations about the importance of and obsession with books was spot-on for me and I suspect it will be for lots of other readers! I wish the book had been published in December because it would have made a great Christmas gift for my bookish friends. But there are lots of birthdays coming up!

Thank you to Andrews McMeel Publishing and NetGalley for providing an advance copy of
Sheri
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, nonfiction
An entertaining and highly relatable celebration of reading, books, and bibliophiles!
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
What to say about this book, other than it’s a must read for all book lovers! It would make the most thoughtful gift for any book lover. Book Love allows every book fan to feel validated and warmhearted about our beloved pastime. Beautifully done and this author gets it! Don’t miss the chance to read this one!
Carol
OKAY....NOW this is the PERFECT book for us diehard book readers, lovers, addicts....and saviors of the written word! We should shelve this as non-fiction!

OMGOSH....I laughed. So much of it I've experienced. So much All is absolutely true....AND those stars of love in our book-reader's eyes. Oh Yes!

I LOVE....graphic novels and try to read several each year, (am picky) but this one by cartoonist and illustrator Debbie Tung is just the bees knees!

DO NOT MISS IT!

*So appreciate the ARC from

Carol (Bookaria)
What a wonderful book for readers! I related to every single page!

These are illustrations about the author’s love of books. It depicts anything from book recommendations (Harry Potter, Maus, Little Women, Persepolis, etc) to ways to arrange books (on my bookshelf is grouped by genre and then ordered by color).

It also has suggestions on how to get out of a book slump, different types of libraries, book formats, and much more.

It was an absolute delight to read and I had a smile on every page.
Sam Quixote
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Like me, Debbie Tung loves books and reading, as I’m sure you do too given that you’re reading a book review on a books site! Book Love collects Tung’s many strips on the subject and it’s an ok read.

A lot of the full page cartoons read like greeting cards, which is a feature in a number of Andrews McMeel books. “By living a reading life… I live many lives at once” she says in one and “Every day is a good day for books” and she’s sitting reading in a book-shaped tent in another. Woah, what deep,
Carol
Dec 08, 2018 added it
Shelves: graphic, non-fiction
My sincere gratitude is extended to Andrews McMeel Publishing, Author, Debbie Tung, and Edelweiss for the privilege to read an ARC of Book Love to be published January 1, 2019.

Any avid reader should find a sense of delight in Book Love. Many bibliophiles are introverts by nature. We seek out our tribe and hope for the commonality that is found in our passion for books. Our desire is for friends to understand how we can't find the cash for a new, fill in the blank, but can easily spend that
Virginie
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this one very much!

Quick and funny read... Book lovers are gonna recognize themselves in a lot of these pages!

My top 3 favorites :

*Bringing too many books (according to my boyfriend) because one is almost finished and we're not sure wich one we're gonna read after.
*The fear of having free time but no book with us (so frustrating!).
*Finishing a library book and going to the bookshop to buy it because it was too good (yeah, Debbie Tung, you leave me no choice but doing this with yours
Bkwmlee
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: 5 stars

I absolutely loved this collection of comics about the joys of reading and being a book lover! Every single page resonated with me – as a bookworm, reading this was pure bliss! The illustrations were beautiful and the ones with dialogue were so spot-on to the point that I almost got a neck cramp from nodding my head so often, lol.

This is a book that anyone who loves books absolutely has to read! With the holidays around the corner, this book would make a great gift for the
Chad
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-netgalley, 2019
Book Love is a collection any goodreads user will enjoy. I was amazed at how many times her comics echoed my life. Like when we travel:

You don't know how many times my wife has yelled at me for bringing too many books on vacation.

Or the disappointment of getting a new book and it's the stupid movie poster on the cover instead of the original.

The strips can get a bit repetitive, especially having to do with her smelling books. But all in all, a very enjoyable read for any book lover. This would
Judy
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've never related to a comic/cartoon book so completely - ever. This would make a great gift for every nerdy book lover. As a book lover I related to nearly every scenario in the book. The illustrations are adorable too and they are all in black and white. Debbie Tung shows how book lovers can't pass a book store without drooling and buying something; would rather stay home and read than go to a party; would rather lose sleep and finish a book than go to sleep not knowing the ending; and so ...more
Dianne
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a sweet little collection of comics celebrating books and book nerds everywhere! Debbie Tung is the author/artist of “Where’s My Bubble?” which can be found on various social media platforms. She illustrates snippets of her life as an introvert, a reader, and a new mother.

This book primarily focuses on the life of a bookworm. Hello! That’s me, and probably you, too. Some of her comics really spoke to me and my own particular bookish quirks:

• Yes, I run my fingers over the spines of books at
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to destiny ♡⚔♡ by: Kal ★ Reader Voracious
Debbie Tung has done it again, with another adorable collection of comics about life as an introverted bookworm. The biggest reason I recommend this collection is not only because the art is cute and simply sweet and the stories themselves are fun, but because I think so many book lovers will be able to relate to it!

Whether it's taking a book to a party, staying up all night to finish your current read, or the undeniable pull of a bookstore no matter how many unread books you have at home, I
Schizanthus
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Book nerds rejoice! Debbie Tung doesn’t just understand us; she’s one of us! Debbie first drew scenes from my life in her debut Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story and now she’s gained access to the bookish part of me which, let’s face it, is pretty much all that’s left once you take away the introvert part.

This is my second (but not final) read of this graphic novel and once again Debbie’s nailed it. Her illustrations perfectly capture the bliss of escaping into a book, the
Cheri
!! NOW PUBLISHED !!

Debbie Tung is a very gifted artist, illustrator / graphic artist from Birmingham, England whose exceptional gifts are shared in her book of comics, Book Love. This book is sure to appeal to those who love to read. Her illustrations are charming, without being too simplistic or ornate, appealing to all age groups.

For many of us, reading is an essential part of our lives, like eating, sleeping, and Tung shows how well she understands and relates to those feelings in these
Hilary
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who love books
Recommended to Hilary by: Lisa Vegan
Wonderful illustrations and thoughts on books that any book lover will identify with. So many thoughtful or funny observations, this book would make a great gift for a book lover.

Several pages really made me smile, I really sympathised with the character when she receives a book with an updated cover from the film version of the book and how the person she is trying to exchange the book with in the shop thinks it's the same book. The mess stickers leave behind I can totally identify with. I
PattyMacDotComma
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all readers!
Recommended to PattyMacDotComma by: Angela M
"The book I'm reading is about a magical world of dragons and wizards! They go on adventures and explore unknown places! And then at the mansion in Hertfordshire, a wealthy man and Mr. Darcy...Oh, wait...that's a different story."

"You're reading two books at the same time again, huh?"

GUILTY! But it does make for some wonderfully imaginative what-ifs! This little book of simple drawings of a young woman wearing a hoodie, happiest with a book and a mug of tea (with teabag) at her side, is a
Deborah
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-britain-uk
For anyone who loves books and reading, this is the book for you! I kept thinking, this is me when she was describing her love of and relationship to books. Whether she depicts how she browses, reads, arranges, or describes books or lists bookworm fears or happiness, she perfectly Illustrates the magic of books and reading! Grab a couch, chair, bed, or favorite nook, with your tea, coffee, or snack and start immersing yourself into a story.
Darinda
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A graphic novel that encompasses what it’s like to love books. Depicted in comic style, a variety of bookish topics are covered – favorite books, book formats, bookstores, libraries, and more.

I loved Quiet Girl in a Noisy World, so I was excited to see a new book by Debbie Tung. Even better, this one is all about books and the bibliophiles who love them.

A delightful book. I could relate to so many of the scenarios shown. A perfect read for book lovers. Charming, amusing, and accurate.

I received
Lisa Vegan
I love her art style. I really enjoyed all the detailed black & white illustrations.

I laughed at only a few of the comics but strongly identified with virtually all of them. This was a comfort read for me. I felt validated regarding my love of books and reading.

This was my first Hoopla e-book from the library. I signed up for Hoopla because this is the only edition of this book available at my library. I’d rather have read the paper book but even on my phone it was a good enough reading
Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Love by Debbie Tung is a cute comic/ humor book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. This is a book any bookstore will relate to! I know I did! Every illustration is cute and fun with the clever message spoke of unspoken...readers know what is means! Lol! The author has thought of everything we bookstore go through and has cleverly out it to one and paper! I think I could relate to every one of those cartoons! Very witty and fun! This is for that bookaholic in your life!

• Super Chill: A Year of Living Anxiously
  • Us
  • Kid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful Chaos
  • Bloom
  • Strange Planet
  • Just Peachy: Comics About Depression, Anxiety, Love, and Finding the Humor in Being Sad
Deborah “Debbie” Tung is a cartoonist and illustrator from Birmingham, England. Her comics are based on simple (and sometimes awkward) everyday life moments and her love for books and tea. She runs a Tumblr blog, Where’s My Bubble?, where she first started sharing her comics. She lives with her husband and works from home in her quiet little studio.

Tumblr