Start by marking “Murder at St. George's Church (Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)” as Want to Read:
Murder at St. George's Church (Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)

Murder at St. George's Church

(Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)

Weddings can be murder

Romance is in the air for the delightful Reverend Oliver Hill. Unfortunately, the choir rehearsal for the wedding ends abruptly with the sudden and disturbing appearance of a body.

War widow fashionista Ginger Gold is determined to find the killer even if it means working with the dashing, yet exasperating Chief Inspector Basil Reed, but only in her

Published 2018 by La Plume Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder at St. George's Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at St. George's Church

Start your review of Murder at St. George's Church (Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)
JoAn
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Murder at St. George's Church by Lee Strauss continues Lady Ginger Gold's life in London. She is helping her friend Reverend Oliver Hill to ready the church for his wedding. Since Basil Reed left, she has kept herself busy and begun to date again. Then a suspicious death at the church during choir practice brings in Scotland Yard and Basil has returned. The quickly paced plot with complex relationships within the congregation as well as Ginger's life kept me turning the pages. I'm on to the next ...more
QNPoohBear

Ginger's friend Rev. Oliver Hill is about to be married at long last! Ginger senses there is something not quite right and both the bride and groom have cold feet. Yet, they are both determined to go through with it, even after the choirmaster falls over the railing dead. Ginger has a murder to solve and a romance to make right. Her own love life is starting to pick up. Ginger is stepping out with Canadian naval captain William Beale, but her heart doesn't flutter the way it does with
Eric
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
There are lots of changes in the air for Lady Ginger Gold and her friends and family in the pacily-written, seventh instalment of this 1920’s- inspired detective series.

The author is back on form here, and there is plenty to be enjoyed- murder, jealousy, affairs and intrigue all figure. The setting-London in 1924- is well-realised and issues such as mental health and contraception (or rather the lack of it) are realistically handled.

There is sadness but also a lot of happiness. Ginger and Basil
Linda Sharp
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this author and enjoy her books. Her characters are very similar to Phriney Fisher series.
Laura Edwards
I usually enjoy this series, but "Murder at St. George's Church" had the feel of being slapped together in a hurry. Looking at the publication dates for the books in this series, it might behoove Ms. Strauss to take more time and care between Ginger's escapades.

I also felt the story line with William was unneeded. One only needs to look at the title of the next book to know Ginger and Basil will get married. Ginger could certainly have been upset and harbored doubts about forgiving Basil without
Merry Chapman
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic edition to the Ginger Gold Series! The books in this series gets more and more involved while not only giving us a wonderful description of the times including fashion, food and attitudes. Reverend Oliver and Mary are getting married and while at the rehearsal the choral director gets murdered, Ginger of course must get involved, especially since one of the suspects hires her PI services. With lots of twists and turns and a new character vying for Ginger's attentions, this story ...more
Heather Belleguelle
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After Murder at Kensington Gardens left Ginger and Basil’s relationship at a very low point, I was really looking forward to this next mystery. Would this book see their “will they-won’t they” romance move away from the “won’t” to the “will”? To answer that question would be a spoiler, but, suffice it to say that seeing Ginger and Basil working together to solve another murder case was entertaining and had its ups and downs.

I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery story of this book, largely, I think,
Tex
The Pipes Did It!
(Disclaimer: I was provided a copy of the book and decided to read it and provide my honest review, which I have.) It’s been a while since I have read a Ginger Gold book, so reading Murder at St. George’s Church: a cozy historical mystery, A Ginger Gold Mystery Book 7 by Lee Strauss was like visiting a friend you haven’t seen in a while. It was also clear that I had some catching up to do – fast. As I got comfortable to dig in, the “whodunit?” happened. I was so excited because
Brigitte
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Murder at St George's Church, the seventh book in Lee Strauss's Ginger Gold series is a delightful, fast-paced read which I devoured in a weekend. The mystery is intriguing and at the end heartbreaking in its reflection of how women were seen and treated in the 1920s. Ginger's driving is still atrocious and her taste in fashion is still impeccable. The addition of her half-sister Louisa provides another strong female personality at Hartigan House. Ginger balances the affections of several ...more
Bonnie Clevenger
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ginger Gold always seems to get mixed up with murder!
This book takes place nearby London, in the 1920's.
Reverend Hill is betrothed to the wrong girl, but he is honorable and will go through with it. She is with child, by a married man, and wants to elope to speed things along. The Reverend is clueless, and thinks her sickness is due to nerves before
the wedding.
During rehearsal, the choir director, also the father of the baby, falls from the balcony, after being hit on the head and pushed
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I like to say I am truly enjoying Lee Strauss books.
However, I have always wonder about authors that get horsey facts wrong.
Where do they get their ideas of how you ride a horse?
Do they not know if you squeeze the horse’s flank with your legs you will have a very high chance of getting buck off?
Who told the author to snap the reins to get a horse to move?
All that is going to do is hurt the horse’s mouth and cause the horse to throw their head.
Is it that hard to find an editor that has
Deb
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Lady Gold is helping to decorate St. George's for the marriage of the vicar to a shy young woman. It all comes to a screeching halt, however, when the body of the choir director hurtles from the organ loft to the floor of the nave. Of course Goldy is drawn in to the investigation. 1920s high fashion, luxury cars and social life continue to add interest to the proceedings as does Goldy's love life, which currently includes a Canadian military officer as well as her erstwhile beau from Scotland ...more
Catherine
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The things that can happen in a church may surprise you.

This historical cosy series just keeps getting better. Both men and incidental recurring characters are being angrily developed. I look forward to more books in the series.
Check Inspector Basil Reed is back & determined to woo Ginger. Problem is, Ginger is being required by a friend of Oliver, vicar of St. George Church.
When the choirmaster is felled by a loose organ pipe then pushed off the organ loft,
who in the choir wanted him dead?
Becky
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A mixed bag

I'm torn. On the one hand, great broad scope for the mystery, and I appreciate the trajectories of the minor characters like the Reverend, Matilda, etc., and, as always, Haley and Ginger together. Loved the rather salacious details. On the other, this installment succumbed to the presence of a love triangle. The spat between Basil and the Captain was cringeworthy. Ginger is a wealthy, independent widow, there is absolutely no need for her to marry, and I was completely unconvinced by
Cher
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the continuing sage of Ginger, Haley, and Inspector Reed. I look forward to reading more in this series by this delightful author. Her research is very well done giving the reader a screen shot of what life was like in the 20's.
Some spoilers here:
Although Ginger has her hands full with an unexpected marriage proposal and a rather haughty half sister she handles it all with grace. The romance between Ginger and Inspector Reed appears to finally be put to bed. Poor Haley must return to
Susan Stokell
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
book 7 in the Ginger Gold series is a delightful cozy mystery. it is setin the 1920s with Lady Ginger Gold eagerly solving a murder with some help from her friend Haley and more help from inspector Basil Reed.

will Basil win Ginger's heart from her new beau William.? who is the minister marrying and who killed the choir drector?

These are all questions that will be answered in Book 7.

Lee does a great job of describing the ballroom at the ritz hotel and the swanky uppercrust event hekd there. Her
Anne G. Kasaba
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent addition to this wonderful series. The storyline is entertains and filled with period details and well developed. The characters are interesting and multifaceted.

The Vicar of St George’s church is getting married, the church is being decorated, the choir is practicing, and the choir director is murdered. Ginger Gold takes charge until the police arrive but she’s unprepared when Basil Reed walks into the church. Can they work together to find the killer when all Basil wants
Teri Donaldson
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my absolute favorite series. I wish I could go back in time and meet Ginger and Haley, shop at Feathers and Flair, attend the parties and dances and help Ginger solve the mysteries.
I loved this book. The mystery was interesting with many story lines and plots twists. It kept me guessing until the end and what a wonderful ending it was! I won't say more as don't want to spoil it for anyone.
While this is part of a wonderful series, the book can easily be read as a standalone. If you do, I
Kelly Young
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lee Strauss continues to tell a good story with an intriguing mystery, complete with multiple suspects so you are kept guessing who-done-it right to the end. Add in new relationship drama for Ginger, and this is definitely a page turner.
The only thing that I found distracting was the many times the phrase "Oh, mercy" was used in the first few chapters. It was used so often, in fact, that repitition made it begin to lose meaning. This is why I gave one star less than usual.
I do look forward to
Bev
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read, own-it
This story continues with Ginger Gold and Chief Inspector Basil Reed. Ginger isn't so sure that Basil really does love he as he professed. Then there is the bodies that fall from the church lift. Ginger says she will work with Basil, but only as a professional investigator, Basil on the other hand wants to win her heart back. A very well written story, as all of these have been. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Darlene
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Ginger Gold series just keeps getting better. It is so enjoyable reading about the Characters lives from story to story,. In Murder at St. George's Church Ginger is faced with many challenges- 2 men are wooing her, she feels her friend Oliver is marrying the wrong woman, the bride to be is on edge and a philandering church goer is murdered. Ginger once again gracefully sorts through all dilemmas.,even when faced with unexpected twists at the end of the book.(which I loved and am excited to ...more
Caridad
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I love this series and normally read it within a couple or hours. I found that I could put this one down. I read 3 other books in between.
I was annoyed by the Basil- Ginger debacle...will she or will she not. Enough is enough.
I'm glad it was finally decided by the end of the book; but for me it detracted from the story.
I will continue to read the series and look forward to more exciting developments.
Polina Posner
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful book 7 in the continuing adventures of Ginger Hartigan Gold.
The fashions, as always, are fabulously described. One can just feel the 1920s come to life.
Some serious subjects were broached as well - mental health, contraception, etc.
This installment is fabulous with all the twists and turns in the plot, as well as the added human drama. The characters are continuing to develop nicely.
Again,a wonderful period cozy!
Maria
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Thoroughly enjoyed this book, don't want to say too much about it as I don't want to spoil it for those who've not yet read it! but didn't guess whodunit until the end and am so glad things worked out perfectly for the main characters. Waiting with baited breath for the next in the series, and also Hayley's story. Please say that I don't have to wait too long for either!
Irene agnoli
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Lady Gold

I have read all the books in this series except the last one I love the era this series is set and the stories are great. I even had a hard time figuring out who the murderer was, a first for me. If you like a book on a certain time. and location with a fast and interesting story. You will love these books. Happy detecting.
Heatherinblack
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
well done light mystery

i do love ginger and basil. this was a mystery with lots of options. the solution was reasonable and unfolded nicely. looking forward to the next. though, like many non-police detective stories i read, i’d never be found in the same room as this woman for fear of unfortunate “accident!”
Gary and Sandra Sims
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

Ms. Strauss has giving us a wonderful character in Ginger Gold. The research in the time period is fantastic and by the sound of the clothing they sound positively scrumptious. I'm sorry to see Halley leave but seeing she is going to have her own series I can't complain. Looking forward to Ginger's next book.

P.S. Ms. Strauss write faster, must write faster.
Marcia
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!

This is a very light,charming historical cozy series.
Ginger Gold's family and friends that appear in every book are very likeable. The details of life , fashion and transportation, during this period is very interesting. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Argum
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Oliver is set to marry - Ginger thinks the wrong woman - but things get postponed when the choirmaster falls dead over the balcony after being bashed on the head at the rehearsal. The issues with the bride seemed obvious from the start, but the identity of the killer was more interesting. The love life of Ginger is more interesting this time around and the working relationship more fun again.
Liz Etnyre
Not quite as angsty as the last one, thank heavens. Had it half figured out at 25% - but there is a nice little twist later. Moves the overall story arch along nicely. Due to the rather formulaic nature of these stories, you don't want to read too many of these in a row, and they are easy to pick up on quite a bit later, so allow some breathing room between books! 4 stars nonetheless.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Kennington House Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #2)
  • Murder at the Folly (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #3)
  • A Merry Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #4)
  • A Friendly Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #13)
  • Murder on All Hallows Eve (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #15)
  • Murder in the Shadows (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #16)
  • Murder By Chocolate (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #12)
  • Murder & The Heir (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #1)
  • Murder Among the Roses (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #5)
  • A Jazzy Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #11)
  • Murder in the Shallows (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #6)
  • Gin & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #7)
  • Murder by the Sea (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #14)
  • Hijinks & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #18)
  • Obsidian Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #8)
  • Love & Murder: A Violet Carlyle Historical Mystery
  • A Jolly Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #17)
  • Wedding Vows & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #10)
For fans of Golden Age who-dun-its ~ from a USA TODAY Bestselling author!

You'll adore Lady Gold from the acclaimed Ginger Gold Mysteries series, and the spin of series, Higgins & Hawke.

Look for the connected 1950s era ROSA REED MYSTERIES!

Sign up for Lee's newsletter and get EXCLUSIVE access to Ginger Gold's Journal!

Ginger Gold Mysteries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Murder on the SS Rosa
  • Murder at Hartigan House
  • Murder at Bray Manor (Ginger Gold Mysteries #3)
  • Murder at Feathers & Flair
  • Murder at the Mortuary
  • Murder at Kensington Gardens
  • Murder Aboard the Flying Scotsman (Ginger Gold Mystery #8)
  • Murder at the Boat Club: a cozy 1920s murder mystery (A Ginger Gold Mystery)
  • Murder on Eaton Square (A Ginger Gold Mystery, #10)
  • Murder by Plum Pudding (Ginger Gold Mysteries #11)
“Love is the gift and love is the giver. Love is the gold that makes the day shine. Love forgets self to care for the other. Love changes life from water to wine.” 0 likes