Start by marking “An American Cinderella” as Want to Read:
An American Cinderella

An American Cinderella

"I'd give up my whole kingdom to be with you. I want to be your Prince Charming."

Aria has a big heart but bigger problems. Her whole life is a mess thanks to her controlling stepmother. But when she's knocked over- literally- by the hottest man she's ever had the pleasure of tangling up her body with, everything changes.

Henry Prescott, second-string rugby player for the
Published May 1st 2018

Debbie DiFiore
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cinderella was never as good as this.

This was a very sweet story and totally a retelling of Cinderella. Some changes but the evil stepmother is really evil. I hated her. You really feel her vileness as she blackmails the h. I really liked the h. She was was a perfect match for the Prince, oops I mean the H. Honestly they were all too good to be true. I loved Gus the tough guard, the Senator aka the Fairy Godmother, and her friend Jacqui. She was really loved. The evil stepmother tries to force
Moon Love
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this royal and modern take on Cinderella. I was a little let down by the build up of chemistry between the main characters. Also the ending wasn't as explicit as I would've liked. And when I mean by explicit, I'm apparently more bloodthirsty than I initially thought, because I would've loved to have seen how the villain went down.
Sofia Lazaridou
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An American Cinderella is a cruelty-free modern retelling of the famous story. When I say cruelty-free I mean that we don't see the evil stepmother get what she deserves in a major way. It was underwhelming. Also, I wanted to see the step-sister getting what she deserved since she was working with her mother. At least we got the prince. He was a constant in the story and I liked him a lot. He was dropping hints that could have revealed who he truly was from early on, but Aria spent a lot of time ...more
Alaina
Very cute.

An American Cinderella: A Royal Love Story is obviously a Cinderella re-telling. The chemistry between the two main characters was alright - nothing really special about it. The evil stepmother was a bitch and I hated her so much. You didn't really see the step-sister and all you really know about her is that she's a birdbrain kind of woman who only gets a job because of her mother.

Aria, aka Cinderella, is living her best life. She has her dream job... for about a day. WHY? Well becau
April Symes
An American Cinderella is a great modern retelling of the classic Cinderella fairy tale. Aria was fired from her job by her stepmother so her stepsister could work for as a Senator’s aid and then got sent back to her old job. Aria's stepmother starts blackmailing her to do what she wants or she will make her pay and set Aria up for the fall so Aria tries to find a way out of all of it. During this time, Aria meets this sweetheart of a man named Henry-a very handsome Paradisa rugby player . While ...more
Mohini Jugran
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Ughhh, don't know what to say.. It wasn't bad but I had to put it down several times and start after some time.. Got frustrated a few times.. But guess what, I finished it successfully..
Nadine
May 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Fairytaley but just not for me

Aria’s stepmother is a manipulating evil witch with a b. She is ruining Aria’s life. Controlling it. Taking away the job she loves and is good at. Then she literally runs into Henry and her life is about to change for the better. Now this is definitely fairytaley, but somehow I disliked the way the story went. It didn’t hit the mark for me. It didn’t come through.

There was just something about the writing style that threw me off. I can’t really put my finger on it;
Andrea Guy
Who isn't in the mood for a royal wedding right now? OK, maybe not me cos truthfully I'm too jealous of Meghan Markle to get excited about the wedding,but still, the whole idea of an American becoming of princess. Its a total Squee moment.

This book is very much the same. It is a modern take on the Cinderella story. Aria is our Cinderella. Audrey is her wicked step mother and by wicked stepmother, I mean a nasty, rotten, evil piece of work. Then there's Henry, the prince in a rugby players clothi
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4 fairytale stars!! This book took a classic very well known fairytale and modernized the retelling, it was wonderful!!

👑 This was a spin off the original fairytale “Cinderella”. You will see some similarities and names and situations. I love it. I am a fan of Cinderella and I have always wanted a newer version that still played off the original. And that is exactly what you get!!

Aria is this book’s modern version of Cinderella. She is the somewhat insecure, daughter of a prominent man, beautifu
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
An American Cinderella was a sweet & spicy read. Henry Prescott falls immediately for Aria Ritter after he tackles her to the ground by mistake. It’s not long before Aria is head over heels for the handsome stranger and thus begins a sweet story of love, secrets and betrayal.

Aria Ritter loves her job working as an assistant for a powerful senator. But when Aria’s evil stepmother uses her “behind-the-scenes” influence to put Aria in a tenuous position to provide her with secret information, A
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An American Cinderella is a sugar coated fairytale retelling that left me grinning and happy! There is something about taking an old fairytale and making it modern, Krista Lakes did it with style. I loved seeing the little nods to the original but I also loved her take on the classic Cinderella. I do believe this evil stepmother is worse than the original. Aria is a breath of fresh air who tries to be honorable and noble. Her stepmother makes it very hard. Henry is a perfect gentleman with a ver ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
I think every little girl grows up loving Cinderella and dreaming of Prince Charming at some point, and An American Cinderella gives all us grown up little girls a whole new prince to daydream about. An adorably sweet new spin on a classic. This book is jam packed with romance that will melt your heart and a familiar tale that keeps you cheering for that happily ever after.

Aria is a total sweetheart. Trying to follow in her father’s footsteps, she’s worked hard to climb the political ladder wit
Maggie Chatterton
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
An American Cinderella by Krista Lakes is a sweet re-telling of the famed fairy-tale classic Cinderella. The narrator, Aria Ritter, takes us along on her journey of love with Henry Prescott as she deals with her stepmother's rule over her and her life.
This book in a bit of an insta-love story with no teasing wait on the first kiss. While the first bit of the story felt a bit dragging, it blossomed into a really charming story. The romance was soft and sweet. There was a bit of a build up to the
Marija
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is so nice that we have modern fairy tales for us, the grown up little girls. I enjoyed reading this version that was placed in DC in the center of the politics world.
The storyline was great, and it simply grips you till the end and that insta chemistry between Aria and Henry is like and sunshine after a rainy day.
All characters were well build, I even hated the stepmother because I have a feeling that this version is more evil than the original one, but I was satisfied with the ending when
Heather
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great retelling of the classic Cinderella fairy tale. Although I think in some ways this book made the wicked stepmother even worse than the original! There are just two things I think could have helped this story. First, I wish the author had written the evil stepsister into the story instead of just having her mentioned occasionally. Secondly, I would have like details on what happened to the stepmother after she was caught with the documents.
Aria and Henry made a terrific couple, p
Heather Cicio
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story! A quick romantic read that warms your heart! With all of the royal wedding talk going on in the world, this book may seem predictable but nothing can take away from the amazing characters and the laugh out loud moments! I just fell in love with Henry from the first page! Aria was a lucky girl! I'm glad the evil stepmother didn't win in the end! I would definitely love a book about Jacqui and Andre next!!!
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Krista Lakes has written a wonderful modern version of Cinderella. I loved reading and following Aria and Henry's story. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Runner10
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful modern day Cinderella story with the fairytale happily ever after ending. I fell in love with the Prince Charming and I think you will too.
It is a stand alone book.
I have read several books by Krista Lakes and enjoyed every book. Her books are quick to read and leave me anxiously awaiting her next book.
Tara
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5, a bit insta-lovey, but really cute Royal adaptation of Cinderella all the same
Tatum Tyynismaa
The love story is sweet but the heroine is hard to like. Aria lets herself be manipulated by her stepmother. She doesn’t stand up for herself until the end of the novel and I found her choices unrealistic for someone vying to be in the senate.
Adrienne
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I always like a good Cinderella story. The premise of this one was interesting, and overall it was a cute and an easy read. However, I ended being frustrated with Aria because of how helpless she was and the circumstances surrounding how her mother manipulated her. I definitely would NOT label this as a book with a strong-female lead.

I was also somewhat unhappy with the ending because it was so abrupt and because of the following line: (view spoiler)
Margot
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: politics
I'm having a hard time finding the right words for me to address the problem I had with this book. While I love a fairytale retelling, this just didn't do it for me. Everything felt forced, repetitive, too unbelievable, completely fake. I really wished I had loved it, on the surface it seemed to have all the right ingredients but then it just didn't follow through.
Traci
May 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible

Writing style was juvenile. I really didn’t like anyone in this book. Story is implausible and Aria as the main character was weak and annoying.
Lisa
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lakes delivers a perfectly timed contemporary political spin on the timeless classic Cinderella. This was a nice mesh of classic tale and current DC dirty underbelly blackmail. The only thing it didn't have was a dash of magic to turn a pumpkin into a carriage. Harry and Megan's wedding is ramping up on the news every day and this story falls right into a fairytale letting the reader imagine themselves being swept up by a foreign prince as well.

I liked the altruistic nature of Aria and her love
Lornajean(Nutnut1) Ford
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I recieved this ARC for an honest review

As by the title this is an updated version of Cinderella.

Aria is our leading lady after her stepmother gets her fired from her job as a Senators aid so her step sister can have the job.

Her stepmother goes one further and gets her another job as a scanning clerk in a government building the same job she had when she was eighteen and just starting her career. But there is a reason Aria is bring forced to take this job. Information, blackmailed by her stepm
Brandy Castenada
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An American Cinderella by Krista Lakes. This was a first time read for me by Krista Lakes. An American Cinderella is a Contemporary Romance Book, and had me attached from beginning to end. Krista did an amazing job writing this book, the story was so addicting I had a hard time putting it down. The story flows and the characters are so relatable. This read is about an ordinary girl named Aria, and a guy named Henry. Aria’s whole life has been a huge mess due to her over controlling stepmother. ...more
Jin
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hidden-gems, 2018
21st century Cinderella story with modern characters and twists...
Aria was just fired from her dream job thanks to her stepmother Audrey. She didn’t want to go back to her old job but she didn’t have any choice. She had to just suck it up. On her way to her old job, someone ran into her. She couldn’t believe her luck but when she saw how ran into her, that quickly changed. He was tall and gorgeous looking man with an accent (who doesn’t love accents). Henry offered her a coffee but she refused s
Meg
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I give An American Cinderella by Krista Lake five stars. If Cinderella is one of your favorite fairy tales you will love this book. This is a perfect modern day Cinderella story. This book is very well written, a quick read and I highly recommend it!

Everyone loves Aria because she has such a big heart but her life is a total mess thanks to her step mother who feels the need to control everything. When Aria gets bad news she decides to go to when of her favorite places she use to go to with her
Varsha
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a good story .. Cinderella is one of my favourite story since childhood and I still love to read all the different versions created by different authors. It's interesting to read and know all that it could be. And I love most of it as it is my favourite story.

Most of the Cinderella's evil step-mother are shown making her housework all day not giving her anytime for herself.
This was a little different than that. Here her step-mother asked her to do something which would really destroy her
Jess
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was instantly sucker punched from the first chapter! I first so bad for Aria I just couldn't believe that already things were turning sour for her. But things take a turn and she finds herself a sweet and handsome man. Well, he finds her ;)

Things aren't exactly easy for Aria. Evil stepmother constantly on her back and the pressure of protecting her father's legacy... it's enough to make anyone want to scream in rage. And yet Henry is there to help her through the muck. A dashing prince ready t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Christmas at the Little Village Bakery
  • Holly Would Dream
  • Gin and Panic (Discreet Retrieval Agency, #3)
  • Heart of a Prince (Crowns & Courtships, #1)
  • One Christmas in Paris
  • Miss You Most of All
  • A Night in with Marilyn Monroe (Libby Lomax, #2)
  • A Beastly Scandal
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • What Belongs to Her (Templeton Cove, #3)
  • True Love at the Lonely Hearts Bookshop (Lonely Hearts Bookshop #2)
  • The Royal Delivery (Crown Jewels Romance, #3)
  • The Thing About Jane Spring
  • All She Wants for Christmas is Her Dom (1Night Stand, #60)
  • Homefront Hero
  • Inconceivable!
  • Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • The Trickster Makes A Match  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
Krista Lakes is a newly turned 30 year old who recently rediscovered her passion for writing. She loves aquatic life and running marathons. She is living happily ever after with her Prince Charming and her bouncing baby boy.