Start by marking “Shithole Countries or Shithole Values?: 7 Steps to Change and Thrive in Any Environment” as Want to Read:

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Your birthplace, nationality, or external circumstances should not prevent you from being the best version of yourself. Whatever the storm in your life, you could get through it, change, thrive, and succeed. There are no "shithole countries." There are only shithole values, mindsets, strategies, and broken systems that lead to failure and disaster. This method is simple, d

Published March 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Shithole Countries or Shithole Values?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shithole Countries or Shithole Values?

Brignol Georges
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is written in a way that readers can start implementing the strategies and change right away. The language is concise and clear, and the author is drawing from his extensive experience to illustrate the concepts. What a great strategy and steps to self-improvement and to succeed whatever your situation. This is a definite recommend for people looking to succeed when all the odds are against them.
Penni
Jul 31, 2018 added it
Not going g to rate this one. I won o.j t in a goodreads giveaway and I had assumed it was a political book and it is more like a bible study application self help book. Not something I need right now so basically skimmed the book. It was on the kindle and some of the worksheets where illustrations and impossible to read on my paperwhite kindle.
Turenne Calil
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author gives a look at the core values in order to improve our well-being, without becoming preachy. He explains us in a step-by-step approach what lays at the heart of joy, peace, satisfaction, and success in our lives. If we want to change the world, we must begin by changing ourselves first by integrating a coherent set of values in our deeper self.
Elodie Thadal
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Demes book helps shine some light on how to live a joyful and peaceful life by providing tools and methods that help us to evaluate our life and identify areas that need to change so we could focus on what matters in order to thrive in life.

Kelly Knapp
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Self-help readers
Recommended to Kelly by: Won as part of the Goodreads Firstreads giveaways
The author is intending to show how it isn't the environment, so much as the values we cultivate that determine our value and worth. Starting with the comment made by Trump regarding his feelings about certain countries, Demes shows how to circumvent and overcome the circumstances that keep most people down.

Demes digs right in to begin showing easy changes and values that will begin creating a better life for those who are serious about changing.
Lourdes
The author gives a look at the core values in order to improve our lives. He explains us in a step-by-step approach what lays at the heart of joy, peace, satisfaction, and success in our lives. The language is concise and clear, and the author is drawing from his experience to illustrate the concepts. If we want to change the world, we must begin by changing ourselves first by integrating a coherent set of values in our deeper self.

I won a free book by goodreads, honest review.
Lourdes
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it

I won a free book by goodreads, honest review.
John
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not really sure what to say, or how to really rate this one as I felt off reading it. I will say that I do not agree with the 5 star reviews. Since we do not all see the world the same way this is the type of process that really works. I would say read the reviews and give it a shot and tell everyone what you think.
Mary
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Found this book interesting and informative
Jennifer Nelson
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Good self help

This is a great book to read it you have problems with life and need help solving those problems. Very informative and helpful.
Tori (alwaysbookphoenix) Kisamore
WON IN A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY! I am going to DNF this book. It’s just not for me. I thought it was gonna be political humor combined with a self help style (I mean, look at the cover and title, it kinda leads to that impression) but instead it’s just a straight up self help book and potential bible study. I am not religious myself and the self help portion seemed to me to be similar to the ADPIE acronym we use in nursing. Which, I mean, it gives me an idea to start applying ADPIE to my normal life ...more
Moonbow
Joyce DeVore
Sep 19, 2018
Steph
Feb 19, 2018
Dr. Joseph Adrien Emmanuel Demes is a medical doctor who works to help people through continuous quality improvement initiatives. Dr. Demes received his master’s degree in public health from the Prince Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp, Belgium. He is currently a PhD candidate at the School of Public Health at the University of Montreal.

Dr. Demes has worked as a medical doctor, co