Start by marking “Defied (Blood Duet #2)” as Want to Read:
Defied (Blood Duet #2)

Defied

(Blood Duet #2)

I am both a sinner and a saint, but I bleed vengeance.

For years, I’ve lived in the grey… until her.

Avery Washington didn’t belong in the shadows, but I dragged her into the darkness anyway.

One kiss, and I would stop at nothing to possess her.

One caress, and my need to destroy wavered.

Our attraction was poison and pleasure.

They say the devil recognizes his own, but I ne
Published May 31st 2018 by Alkmini Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Defied, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defied

Start your review of Defied (Blood Duet #2)
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
I have to say in all honesty, this turned out to be an amazingly good duet. Book two picks up right after the epic cliffhanger of book one, and both our main characters are reeling from the shocking revelations. What follows is a fantastically well written and well-paced conclusion to their story. The plot was super engaging and kept me turning the pages. There are twists and turns galore. Who is good? Who is bad? Who should you trust? So many secrets and lies will come
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
defied-teaser-1
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-31/5/18

I Was so looking forward to diving into the second book in the Blood Duet series and Defied (Blood Duet #2) certainly didn't disappoint; this started exactly where we left off in Sworn and almost immediately we are thrown right back into the thick of things.
"Defied" was action packed throughout and I so enjoyed reconnecting with both Avery and Lincoln.
In this second volume, we finally get the answers we have been waiting for and I felt that we fi
Snow
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing

What a cluster fuck of revelations...

Maybe a bit too messy and therefore a bit overboard with incoherence...and I m willing to overlook it😉

Cause, all in all, this author and this story turned out to be a revelation for me, filled with a lot of captivating action, thrilling pulsating tempo and a well deserved HEA for h and H, for all they were put through, lived through...so they could have a second chance at everything

Fantastically written, gritty, dark-ish love in the realm of power and greed t
Diary Of Book Fiend
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 "Thor's Hammer" Stars. This was the EPIC conclusion to the Blood Duet. I enjoyed every single page.

I can't tell you much because I do not want to give anything away. But this book has more twists and turns that Sam Hunt's Body Like a Back Road song!! It was amazing!!!

Defied picks up exactly where Sworn left us, with a gun pointed at Avery and Lincoln and one hell of a bombshell dropped in our laps. It wasn't the first, and it sure wasn't the last!

I loved Avery, she was a kick ass female lead c
Alyse
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Defied is the second book in Maria Luis' Blood Duet. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ SWORN, STOP NOW AND GO READ IT. This is NOT a standalone book. So if you are the type of reader where you HATE cliffhangers, the Blood Duet is now complete!! NO MORE WAITING!!

Defied begins right where Sworn ended. We are on a journey of greed, corruption, revenge and redemption with our two main characters, Lincoln and Avery. Defied still held the same action-packed pace as Sworn but cleared up all remaining questions of e
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Again what a roller coaster ride. I haven't felt a hangover like this in a while. Maria brings you right into the middle of these peoples lives and drops you in. Love it!

Now we know more about what is going on with Avery and Lincoln. We have their past and some of what they want for their future. But man we have no idea the depths these bad people will go to get what they want. And what they want is the city of New Orleans.
Avery and Lincoln need each other and whatever friends they still ha
Tracy  C
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHEW. I needed to take a deep breath after that ride! Lincoln and Avery opened themselves up to each other in the dire of circumstances. And the payoff was amazing. I really loved this story, but I did have a hard time keeping the "badies" straight in my mind. I had to stop a few times and go over things internally to make sure I was thinking of the correct person. I would still highly recommend this duet.
Lilpurplepearl
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Defied was not as good as Sworn.

The ending was a shit show. The ill placed declarations of love were cheesey.
BookAddict
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up right where Sworn left off, with what I thought was the shocker of all shockers, until I continued reading. (What the ever-lovin' freak, Maria Luis?!!) Silly me, there were a TON more shockers in store, and things I never saw coming! I’m usually fairly good at ciphering things out, so kudos to the author for a wild, unanticipated, exciting, fascinating ride with this duet.

In order to avoid any spoilers, I’ll somewhat recycle my brief synopsis from the first book, Sworn. Avery
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Holy Bleep! What an ending to this amazing duet! I am so glad I didn’t have to wait so long between books, that was really great because it meant I was still riding the high from the first novel. This book had me sitting on the edge of my seat with anticipation, I didn’t want to stop reading. I absolutely love Lincoln and Avery!

The characters of this book had so many layers. They were were all written so well. Swoon worthy Lincoln is just amazing. So broken, and yet such a sweet amazing man who
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Defied begins right where Sworn left off (massive cliffhanger anyone)

Now I am not going to tell you what happens because I'm not about spoilers, you just have to read it for yourself!

I can say that you better have a strong heart because it's definitely going to get a work out with it beating so fast with excitement and anticipation!
The whole time I was reading this I thought I knew what was happening then something would happen and I was like woah nope not what I was expecting! I was kept on
Jackie
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Defied is book 2 of the Blood Duet series and you will need to read Book 1, Sworn first. Sworn was an intense and amazing book that ended in a cliffhanger. I was on pins and needles waiting for Defied to come out. Once I started reading it, I could not stop until I finished. It was so intense and compelling that I was stressed reading it. The characters, Avery and Lincoln were amazing and there were non stop twists and turns.
I have never read any book that compares to this series. Maria Luis is
 Tania
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Defied is the 2nd installment of the Blood Duet.
Defied picks up right where we were left in Sworn. Wow just wow this book, actually this duet is fantastic. It keeps you guessing, the plot twists that are thrown at us left me reeling. Nothing is what is seems, there's no way of guessing what's going to happen next, you think you've got it all worked out then BOOM another twist!
The chemistry between Lincoln and Avery is off the charts. These two broken, jaded souls are perfect for each other. The
Suzanne
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well did this one end with a bang! Linc and Avery are thrown to the gators so to speak and they have to struggle their way out so they can both live and move on. There are some insane twists that happen in this one that leaves your jaw on the floor and going what just happened! This duet is gritty and raw and will take you on a crazy ride. I love how much these two fight for each other even though they are struggling to move past things that have been told or done to them.
Overall, if you want s
Christiann Igou
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2018
This book picks up immediately following Sworn. This has been one of the best duets that I have read this year! The characters draw you in while the well-written storyline keeps you enthralled with the story until the end. The twist and turns will keep you question how everything will turn out. Lincoln is sexy as they come and Avery is feisty. I loved their dynamic.

Oh yeah, let's not forget this cover is to die for!
Rita Kunselman
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the ending of Sworn, it was a cliff hanger. The characters are Avery and Lincoln. Maria became known because, of her RomCom that she started publishing a year ago April. Sworn & Defied were her first two Mystery -Suspense- and Romance books. The series is the Blood Duet 1 & 2. Both Avery & Lincoln come from bad backgrounds but, she is softer & he is rough with tattoos all over his chest. I would recommend this for someone who likes that type of story as Maria is a good Author!
I volu
Angela's Book Addiction
Defied (Blood Duet #2) by Maria Luis is a dark, contemporary romance told in first person, dual POV. It follows the relationship between tarot reader and runaway, Avery Washington, and NOPD police sergeant, Lincoln Asher. It's a gritty tale of two characters with very dark pasts, and many secrets. As part two of a duet, it picks up where the previous book ended and concludes the story.

This book was as much of a page-turner as the first. We get to know both characters better and get a deeper loo
Vanessa Lawford
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An incredible ending to an amazing duet.

In this book, secrets are revealed and truths are told but love conquers all.

I couldn't put this down.

I loved this duet.

An ARC was kindly provided in exchange for an honest review by Sweet Treats Book Blog 💖
Reckless Readers
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This duet is fantastic! Maria has done a brilliant job writting such a well written book, by creating a plot that has so many twists and turns it kept me guessing, intrigued and captivated. Avery and Lincoln continue to have red hot chemistry in this part of the duet, I loved these people who are both broken in their own way coming together. I struggled to put it down.

***Reviewed by Codie***
Aqsa
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy, na

this was good- a little slow at times. but it was dark and sexy & i loved avery and lincoln & the new orleans set-up. the writing I LOVED and the extended ending was a nice touch.wish the epilogue was extended but it was cute.

will check out future books by this author.
Melanie Helms
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holyyyyy shiitake mushrooms. This ending was amazing and i loved the hea we got. I miss them already!
Ratula
Full Blog Review: http://bit.ly/2xAipxo ...more
Leanne
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit complicated but well worth the ride

This book had so many twists and turns that I found myself having to reread to try to keep it all straight. Every time I thought I had it figured out, there was another “holy shit” moment.
Terri West
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great conclusion to these two books. The author kept my interest even though there were times when the plot turned and twisted enough to make me feel a little lost.
Overall these books were a great read and I would definitely investigate this author further.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
Defied starts right where Sworn left off at that cliffhanger that left us gasping and needing more. OMG! Maria Luis knocked us flat out as Lincoln and Avery completely blew this story out of the water in the conclusion to this duet. This story was absolutely amazing and left me glued to my seat. A 5 hr flight never flew by so fast in my life!

I don't even know where to begin! I loved this story and the drama and the connection between Lincoln and Avery. This story was full of suspense and secret
Sheena
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absorbing and intense.....

What a tangled web of secrets and lies...I loved the first book in this duet series, even with its monumental cliffhanger, and this second and concluding instalment lived up to every one of my exacting expectations..

Of course it is always a challenge to review a book steeped, as this one is, in suspense and intrigue, there is so much to say but most of it would reveal too much of the unravelling and complex plot.... it is safe to say that, having embarked on a risky and
Samantha
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That finished with a bang. Loved it wish we had more of a future epilogue but still had a good one. A must read
M
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!!

I was so excited to read what happens with Lincoln and Avery and this book did not disappoint!! Excellent character development and a wonderfully rich and gritty story made this Duet a fantastic read. The perfect mix of intrigue, sex and sin. Can’t wait to read more by this gifted storyteller!
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*

How in the world am I supposed to move on from this Duet?!? Lincoln and Avery GAH! I am not ready to part with them. I devoured their story’s in less than twenty-four hours but they will remain with me for so much longer. The conclusion to this duet was EVERYTHING!

So, as this book dove deeper, and the layers of lies and deceit kept unfolding I was literally awestruck. As soon as I finally thought I had my head wrapped around what in the world was going on Maria would throw somet
Stacy
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book I've read in a long time.

This duet (Sworn and Defied) was so phenomenal, it's one of those stories you could read again and again and never get tired of it. To say it was great, is a total understatement.

Where do I even start with something so amazing it completely captivated me? Lincoln and Avery's story is one that is so unique, it speaks to you all the way down to your soul. Their story will have you in a myriad of emotions. There were times I laughed and times a shed a tear. T
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Boss: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Loner
  • Saint & Sinner: A Second Chance Romance
  • By a Thread
  • Wreck & Ruin (Blue Angels Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright, #1)
  • Cold Hearted Love: A Small Town Sheriff Romance
  • No White Knight
  • Mr. Big Shot: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Tempt Me: A Dark Billionaire Mafia Romance (Dark Odyssey Book 4)
  • It's Only Temporary
  • The Rule Breaker Anthology
  • Long Road Home: A Second Chance Standalone Romance
  • Delivered (The Devil's Duet, #2)
  • Hero Boss: An Alpha Male Office Romance
  • That Hot Night
  • Under the Rose (Codex, #2)
  • Writing Dirty (BTU Alumni Book #5)
Maria is a big fan of books, nature, dogs, and pretty things - not always in that order, though.

By day, Maria is a historian who specializes in 19th century New Orleans and 14th century London. What do the two eras have in common? Not much, except for disease, scandal, and crime - Maria's favorite historical topics. (For real, if you want to talk any of the above, just reach out!)

When not digging