Start by marking “The Silver Bullet Affair (The Bulletproof Spy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Bullet Affair (The Bulletproof Spy, #1)

The Silver Bullet Affair (The Bulletproof Spy, #1)

A madcap mashup of Hellboy and The Man From Uncle, The Silver Bullet Affair is a winning combination of espionage and the supernatural, an action-packed novella from start to finish lead by LGBT characters. Fans of the genre who’ve grown weary of the same old James Bond song and dance will find a new series to love with the Bulletproof Spy.

The year is 1965, and Alan Gable is the best spy Ameri
Published March 13th 2018 by Hietaniemi Books

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Bullet Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Bullet Affair

Start your review of The Silver Bullet Affair (The Bulletproof Spy, #1)
Berenike
I don't really know how to rate this - it definitely reads like The Man From UNCLE fanfiction that has been changed just enough to get away with it (or maybe I simply haven't read enough spy novels and they're all like this? who knows). And I've probably read too much TMFU fanfiction, so there's a lot of competition there.

Writing ★★★☆☆
Characters ★★☆☆☆
Plot ★★★☆☆

In the middle of the Cold War Alan, an American spy, and Yulian, a Russian spy, are both looking for the s
Kevin C
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Silver Bullet Affair is a fun, fast-paced, easy-to-love story with great action, very fun characters and a definite John le Carre feel. It brought to mind many of the other well-done spy dramas I have read or watched, and had a solid exploration of the whole Russia-Western World divide of the Cold War period. My only problem with the story was a simple one: Novellas don’t give me enough to sink my teeth into. That’s not really a knock you can properly make when going into a novella, though. ...more
Audrey
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, e-books
I heard about this short story on tumblr and with the synopsis of being like the Man From UNCLE and supernatural elements I was sold and purchased the fist one immediately. It did not disappoint.

We start out by following Alan, who is a spy that is also some type of supernatural creature with super strength and healing abilities. We then we switch to Yulian a russian KGB agent, who has to hide the fact that he is gay. It is a novella so it's very fast to read but has you jumping to th
Eric Jackson
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Exciting debut Cold War spy novella with werewolves. What’s not to love, except the next episode isn’t out until May.
Rhiannon
added it
Oct 01, 2019
Sarah Johnson
Oct 22, 2019
S. L. Lahna writes horror and SFF and their derivative genres, all with LGBT or neurodiverse characters for teens and adults, including the Bulletproof Spy series. They are also the marketing director and developmental editor at Word Vagabond, an editorial and book promotional service dedicated to assisting LGBT and neuroatypical writers succeed.
They live in a haunted house in Massachusetts, and