Start by marking “51 Weeks” as Want to Read:
51 Weeks

51 Weeks

'This is a stunningly good read. It's beautifully written and the characters quickly became so real as I read on...I had a blast reading it and found I could easily relate to Amy's situation. Julia Myerscough's 51 Weeks is most highly recommended.'

- J Magnus for Readers' Favorite.

On a family day out, Amy Richards — mother, wife, fan of scones and Pinot Grigio — has
Kindle Edition
Published March 13th 2018 by Matador

To ask other readers questions about 51 Weeks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 51 Weeks

Start your review of 51 Weeks
Kirsty ❤️
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the challenges. I know it's a novel but there are so many self help and discover your true self books that have impossible every day challenges that people can't do so even if in novel form I enjoyed reading about challenges that you could actually pick out of this story and do yourself. It gave me some food for thought which you don't always get in a romance novel.

I hated husband Geoff with a passion but this is a testament for the writing. I'm an ex-wif
Sherri Thacker
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of this book was intriguing so I couldn’t wait to dig in. 51 weeks = 51 challenges. 1 Year of Adventure and Self Discovery. It started off pretty good and I liked most of the challenges and they made you “think”. I enjoyed the book. This book was given to me free of charge by the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Debbie Revell
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Very entertaining. Couldn't put it down. Highly recommended.
Heike
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, novel, chic-lit
This is a friendly 3-star rating sorely for a refreshing new story idea … … at the beginning, towards the end it just fell into the typical “husband taking wife for granted and is an asshole about it” family drama.

Amy, wife and mother of two teenage girls, writes a bucket list to celebrate her up-coming 50th birthday. Every week for one year she has to tackle a challenge that gets her out of her comfort zone.
Her friends and family are supportive, and she meets a much younger man who promises
Jo Crosby
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A year long journey of self discovery; 51 weeks of unexpected challenges in the main characters 50th year of life! Rather than celebrate in the traditional fashion of throwing a party, Amy decides that she wants to step out of her cozy comfort zone and push herself to experience new and exciting things before its too late!

And so begins 51 weeks of fun, tears, exhilaration, fatigue, stunts, fear, heartache and good old fashioned laughter! I really enjoyed Amy's journey of self discovery and would
Paul Myerscough
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this book not knowing what to expect. It's great - a must read for men as well as women.
marlin1
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
Amy is unsure of how to celebrate her 50th Birthday, she doesn’t want the usual party (that she would have to organise). Suddenly she has an epiphany and decides she wants to ‘experiment and experience’. She wants to challenge herself and get to know herself better.

I initially picked up this book thinking it might be a little inspirational with some humour but unfortunately it missed the mark with me.
I found it quite easy to read but essentially it’s a typical story of a marriage stale and wife/
Liberty Allen
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like an afternoon glass of Pinot Grigio, 51 Weeks is light, refreshing and easily devoured.

The premise is thoroughly original: the protagonist Amy undertakes 51 challenges for 50 years.

The book sparkles with humour, fun and sass, but it is not without acerbic and astute insights into modern family life.

The characters are farcically funny yet realistic and relatable, making for a great social satire with a deeper meaning.

A must-read for women of any ages, especially if you like books in the st
Susan Underbrink
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A big thank you to NetGalley and Cameron Publicity for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. First time reading this author. I loved this book! Turning 50 and decides to do 51 challenges. Amy pushes her own limits, stretches herself, learns New things about herself and her life! She grows, experiences heartache, and crazy stunts, but what a fun filled journey. Geoff is a JERK!!! I found this to be an inspiring book, and something that I could relate to. This may not be for women in thei ...more
Julia
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This book is funny, witty, thought-provoking and it made me cry at the strangest moments. The story feels so true to life that I will probably recommend it to several friends. I might also try a few of Amy's challenges myself.

Very inspiring book!

Thank you to the publishers who provided a copy of this book through NetGalley.
Linda
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having got bored of the usual holiday reads, it has been refreshing to read this book. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like Bridget Jones then you'll enjoy 51 weeks. Love the concept of challenging and stepping our of your comfort zone, not only an entertaining read which made me smile and laugh but also made me reflect too. Great concept, good storyline, lovely characters and a lust interest too, whats not to like? I'd highly recommend this book
Janet
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a DIGITAL Advance Reader Copy of this book from
#NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
From the publisher ---

On a family day out, Amy Richards – mother, wife, fan of scones and Pinot Grigio – has a brainwave on how best to celebrate her fiftieth birthday year: “I must experiment and experience ... challenge myself and get to know myself better. It’s time to break out of my comfort zone and try out new things ... when I am old, I must be able to shout 'Je ne
Jo Barton
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The significance of milestone birthdays shouldn't be underestimated as they give us the opportunity to take stock of our lives, to look back at what has gone before and also to look ahead in order to prepare for the next set of challenges. And that's precisely what Amy Richards does as she approaches her fiftieth birthday and, with a little help from her friends, Amy is given a set of mystery challenges to complete throughout her fiftieth year, which range from the thought-provoking, to the down ...more
Angela
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
As I settle in to my mid forties, I often think I should do some kind of challenge before I turn 50. I have one friend who collected library cards from the 50 United States. I know women who took all-girls vacations to tropical locales. And then there’s this book’s protagonist, who decided to do a different challenge each week for the year before she turned 50. The premise fascinated me and had my brain storming ideas from the beginning.

However.

Some of these challenges just left a bad taste in m
Paula
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everybody should read this story/

I loved it to the very last page! 51 Weeks encapsulated everything I love to read a story and Amy’s journey touched me deeply. It’s a light-hearted, witty page-turner with characters of depth that exposes an underlying, deeper and more subtle plot line about life's celebrations and challenges.

As a wife and mother of two, it was fascinating to recognise aspects of myself and my life through the ups and downs that the characters face. It inspired me to examine and
Sam
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastically witty read. Refreshing, saucy and bittersweet; this is a well pieced together first book from Ms Myerscough of one woman's ups and downs spaced out over one year, highlighting the highs, the lows, the shocks, the laughs and everything in between.
This book was thoroughly easy and enjoyable to read and really did make me take scope of my own life, and I'm a 28 year old man!!!! Would highly recommend to anybody who wants to escape into something that will make you come away fee
Sandra
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amy is about to turn 5o and she decides to take on a series of challenges to celebrate a milestone.
She wants to do fifty things she's never done before. Some adventures are chosen by her some by her three best friends. Exciting and challenging experience awaits her.
I enjoyed this very much, especially hilarious escapades like HD eyebrows. Lovely set of characters, colorful and endearing makes this book warm and heartfelt.
Good example for those who are up for a challenge or feel that they haven'
RPienkowski
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
51 Weeks is a rollercoaster ride of wit, charm and hilarity a ride you don’t want to get off. The story grips you from the start and I found I could not wait to find out the next challenge that Amy Richards faces on her voyage of self -discovery. There is an endearing warmth and a universal truth in this novel about part two of the journey for many women who find themselves looking for more meaning in their lives. Poignant, funny and simply a great read! Can’t wait for the sequel!
Janette
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book - it made me laugh in places but touching too. The lead character Amy is likeable and I enjoyed her journey through the challenges. Easy to read and entertaining, the story kept my interest throughout.

A charming, witty book, highly recommended. I am looking forward to the next book by this author.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Ann
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A gem of a read.
I genuinely loved this very funny book. I thought it had a great premise without expecting to necessarily like it. The plot, subplots, characters, pace, dialogue, story arc and wider issues it considers are all fabulous. Amy’s journey of personal growth and self-discovery is totally relatable. It’s about real women in today’s world. It described my life. I want to see it on the big screen!
Maggie
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first started to read this book, I thought that it was going to be a light-hearted holiday read, a mature take on chic lit, but it is so much more than that. The nature of the challenges Amy is presented with, and the way she interprets them, made for a great story. I liked the variety of characters she meets throughout her journey, and the way her relationship develops with her elder daughter is particularly interesting.

This is a very entertaining read that made me laugh and made me cry
Jackie Owen
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Funny, empowering ... just a great read.
I read this last week, thoroughly enjoyed it. I initially ‘believed’ the book was non-fiction ... and then laughed at myself when I realised (pretty early on I hasten) it was fiction. The challenges are hilarious, you have to put yourself out there and just enjoy the friendships, personal discoveries, enlightenment, empowerment and the ‘journey’. My favourite character was the daughter - she ‘grew’ so much throughout the book. A great read, a bit of a riot
Stephanie Cross
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down!

A thought provoking, yet easy to read, book. The characters were relatable and it was easy to engage with the heroine. Bring it on the next chapter in Amy’s life!
Belle
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A self help manual embedded in a light-hearted and very funny storyline. A story of our time. Makes you think. Brilliant.
Maria
May 01, 2018
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a digital ARC of #51weeks from #NetGalley for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book and found it easy to read. There were lots of funny moments but also more serious and thought provoking points too. I found myself wondering what I would do in Amy's situation. Although the main character is in her fifties, she didn't feel old or difficult to relate to. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a funny read.
Heather Eley
Aug 15, 2018
Narelle Richards
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley and the publishers in return for an honest review.

I have to be honest I really wanted to like this book and I think it does have potential but it didn't quite work for me. It probably sits between two and half and three stars teetering more towards two and half because I just got to the stage that I didn't really care about the main character as the story progressed. She actually started to annoy me becoming a little bit of a victim and less an e
Lauren
Nov 20, 2018
Sarah Yee
Mar 29, 2018

• Violet
  • Perfect Little Children
  • Kind of Cruel (Spilling CID, #7)
  • One False Move
  • Exquisite
  • Wintering: How I learned to flourish when life became frozen
  • Humber Boy B (Cate Austin, #3)
  • I Am Dust
  • Panic Room
  • Mayhem
  • Murder (Mayhem, #2)
  • The Prison Doctor
  • Sleep
  • The House of New Beginnings
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • The Mystery of Mercy Close (Walsh Family, #5)
  • You Then, Me Now