Start by marking “The Emergent Threat (War Eternal #2)” as Want to Read:
The Emergent Threat (War Eternal #2)

The Emergent Threat (War Eternal #2)

Alex risked his soul to reunite with Aranes, the angel he’s in love with, forcing her to make the ultimate sacrifice to save him. Having lost her supernatural powers, Guardians and Exorcists fight tooth and nail to protect her, but they cannot keep the dark forces that are after her away for long.

Aranes’ relationship with Alex also puts him in the crosshairs of Lucifer, wh

To ask other readers questions about The Emergent Threat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Emergent Threat

Dianne
Although he doesn’t remember, they have been mates for time eternal. To Alex, Aranes is worth risking his soul for. What Alex does not remember is his previous life as a powerful angel, as Aranes’ lover and yet, even as a mere mortal their hearts call to each other and it is not allowed. In the crosshairs of Lucifer, Alex is in grave danger and Aranes and her angelic minions will do whatever it takes to keep him safe, but it may be up to him to stay one step ahead of a jealous and vile monster. ...more
Grady
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fear is nothing but an idea. In reality it does not exist.

J. F. Cain made her literary debut with a series she calls WAR ETERNAL and Book 2 of that series is this very impressive novel WAR ETERNAL: THE EMERGENT THREAT. It is refreshing to discover an author who writes in the paranormal romance genre who is as interested in philosophical questions as she is in suspenseful and strange characters and situations.

Cain offered a hint of her thought processes with a brief passage before the series ope
Hanna-Anneli Belt
Eternal lovers and scheming Archdemons

The relationship between Aranes and Alex deepens while they face constant danger from the Cursed and Demons and above all from Lucifer. At the same time power-hungry Archdemons are scheming to make their own moves. It was interesting to learn more about them and their individuality and personalities.
There are some enlightening revelations about the nature and rules of the transcendental experiences and the lessons of human life. Although I don't much like t
iamnotabookworm
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 4.5/5 pairs of black wings, reminiscent of Abaddon.

I've read this way back in July last year. Yes, I know. It took quite a while to write the review. As I've mentioned in one of my posts here, reading has never been a problem for me. It's the writing of the review that takes time. It's a bit of a process for me. Sometimes, I need to be in the mood to be able to come up with a really objective review. I just don't want to throw words out there. It had to be representative of wha
Ray Simmons
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Ray Simmons for Readers' Favorite

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed The Emergent Threat, Book II in the War Eternal series, as much as I did. At its core, I feel it’s a romance novel and I usually shy away from those. But the writing and the metaphysical considerations, as well as the biblical tone of this book, kept me reading and enthralled. In other words, there were so many other things going on that the romance didn’t overwhelm me. In fact, it balanced the s
Jessica
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A supernatural romance story, the second in a series. I must confess I did not read the first book as this one popped up on my radar and I gave it a go. I am glad I did, even though there were spots that I was not sure exactly who was who or how that one scene connected with the situation, the author did a great job of still keeping me engaged in the story and after a few chapters I found myself turning page after page to see the developments.
After a tumultuous night, Alex and Aranes must come
Danielle Urban
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Emergent Threat by J.F. Cain is an intriguing yet engaging tale. I was hooked. This fantasy romance tale had me from the beginning. There was plenty of action to keep me interested. Sacrifices, love, and trouble brewed in this second book. I loved the variety of paranormal beings and their personalities. The determination and ultimate love that the main protagonist held for his partner, a woman, made me like him so much more. A man willing to go through anything as long as he doesn't lose he ...more
Mar
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emergent Threat is an intriguing book that turns out to be a great novel, beautifully written and with a lot of attention to details and character development.
The biblical and end of the world tone help set a sense of urgency and creates a fast pace throughout the story. There’s an ongoing and never-ending battle between good and evil and the world domination. Front and center there’s a good romance that serves as background to many other plotlines. It’s interesting how the author decided to the
Cheri
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alex would do whatever he had to have his beautiful angel, Aranes. No, a real angel, who returns to earth to be with him. She knows there is a price to pay and it is coming. A war. This story has it all, paranormal beings, vampires, demons and so much more.

Aranes is sacrificing her powers to save mankind. Will she succeed?

Alex isn't alone in wanting her, Lucifer is determined to get her. But Alex isn't giving up.

A complex set of characters. A fight between good and evil. A love story. Who will
Valery
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
War Eternal: Book II: The Emergent Threat takes up where Book I began in this impressive follow up story. Cain has a way with words, solidly conveying the emotion and relationship between Alex and Aranes. As an angel that has sacrificed her specific powers to return to Earth just to be with Alex, there is tumult in that decision right from the start of this book. This story is about the consummate fight between good and evil, and what it takes to win that fight. An emotional and spiritual journe ...more
TDCbookreviews
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Emergent Threat by J.F. Cain

Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy

About the book: Lucifer wants the angel Aranes for himself but Alex has risked his soul for her. Aranes has lost her supernatural powers and now there is an even bigger struggle as to which side will claim her.

Review: I enjoyed how the book tied up loose ends yet left things open. The beginning gave enough of a synopsis that you do not necessarily need to read book #1 to understand the story.

Link to the book:
Nella Kent
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the War Eternal series, and it is everything you want it to be. It can be read as a stand alone if you have not read the first in the series, but obviously, having read how it all began will give you a better understanding of all the characters' motivations. As with the first book, the writing is good, the pace is tense, and both the story and the characters develop in an interesting way.
Stavroula Kalogeras
This book picks up exactly where the first one ends. Aranes has sacrificed her angelic nature to save Alex from Lucifer's claws. By doing that, she is trying to save humanity since she believes Alex is the incarnation of the high angel Abaddon. However, Lucifer has other plans, and he possesses the power to see them through; but so does the Source.
Tom
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great sequel! The plot is mysterious and captivating, the characters well-developed, the environments atmospheric, and the story moves along at a fast pace, leading to a big reveal in the end. This series is quickly becoming a favorite. I can't wait for the next book.
Ann
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thrill-packed book, filled with angels, demons, vampires, sorcerers, and so much more, all fighting for dominion while a romance develops in the background. Alex and Aranes finally get to be together, but some shocking twists up the suspense of this story, which had me riveted to my Kindle!
Efi Kontou
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this second installment. It's full of fantasy, mystery, action, romance, and as is typical of this series, lots of food for thought.
Gracie Bustillos
May 07, 2018
Eva
Jun 07, 2018
hpda6
rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2018