Start by marking “Lie to Me” as Want to Read:
Lie to Me

Lie to Me

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  275 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
At nineteen, Savannah Dean escaped her family, leaving behind a note and the people who caused her so much pain.

Now, she lives on her own and keeps to herself.

At nineteen, Kent Lawson’s girlfriend betrayed him, leaving him behind with a broken heart and a whole lot of mistrust in women.
ebook
Published April 23rd 2018 by Natasha Preston

To ask other readers questions about Lie to Me, please sign up.

Leonor
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ranty Spoilery Review Ahead.

If you're planning to read this book, please be aware that this review contains spoilers.

Don't blame it one me if you decide to continue reading this review.

This book is so stupid. I don't like games. I was somewhat enjoying their bickering in the beginning but quickly it turned to shit.
I thought the heroine started as weak, pathetic and a pushover. Everyone who knows her say so too.
Hero was an epic dick. I wanted reach inside my kindle and punch his stupid fac
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lie to Me is a good read. Savannah has ran from her family and ex and has started over. She keeps her past a secrets. Kent has had a bad past with his ex and he doesn't like lies and secrets. Savannah works for Kent's sister. At first I thought Kent came off as a jerk but he's just really jaded and guarded. In the beginning Savannah and Kent seem to hate each other but deep down there is more there. They both begin to crack and we get to see the real them and they hit it off. Of course the past ...more
Chiara Cilli
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-the-year
Era il 19 aprile quando ospitai l'excerpt reveal di questo romanzo sul mio blog. Ormai sapete bene cosa mi porta a iscrivermi agli eventi legati all'uscita di un determinato romanzo: la cover. E quando ho visto la cover di Lie To Me, mi sono innamorata. È stato un vero e proprio colpo di fulmine, intensificatosi quando lessi l'estratto che pubblicai. Lo inserii in TBR, ma tutto finì lì perché, come sapete, non acquisto nuovi romanzi in inglese se prima non ho finito quelli che possiedo. Poi, è a ...more
Coco.V
Oct 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on iBooks today (10/18/18)!💝

Blurb:

Now, she lives on her own and keeps to herself.

Now, he lives on his own and shares himself with nearly every pretty thing that walks by but only for one night.

When Savannah and Kent meet, they can’t stand each other.
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Lie to Me has one of the most beautiful covers I've seen and it's what initially caught my attention. And even though I haven't read any books by Natasha Preston before I didn't read the synopsis before starting the book.

So I went completely blind. I was very excited for this book because it looked so good, but unfortunately it disappointed me. I couldn't see the connection between the characters and that made it hard for me to relate to them. I think it's because the story was a but rushed, eve
Beneath The Covers Blog
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Suey_Library
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have a great many of favorite tropes within the romance genre that I cannot help by gush over. For me, one of the favorites is that hate to love trope. I like the tension, the banter, the romancing tidbits between, the drama and overall connections within the characters circles. Something however that I find when authors attempt this trope is it can either flow perfectly, or it can tragically be choppy for a better lack of a term. There needs to be a balance, the hatred build needs to be estab ...more
Alyssa
2ish...maybe 2.5 stars

So I decided to read this book because technically it has my favorite MC combination: a broody, jerk hero & a lonely yet tough-as-nails heroine. And every once in a while I'm in the market for some good ole fashioned New Adult angst. [I also paid for this one which by principal I can't DNF unless it's an absolute nope.]

The execution just didn't work for me. I'm very aware of the sliding scale of NA angst/dramatics/OTT-ness. When it's good it's good and when it's not, it
Suzanne
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my stars. This is the first book I have read by Natasha Preston and I couldn’t put it down. My heart. The pain that both Savannah and Kent endured to get to where they are is heartbreaking and shattering. They start out as enemies as the banter between these two is witty and sharp tongued at times, but they both break each other’s walls down and let each other in. While Kent is up front with his past, Savannah is still too raw to let go of hers. Their passion for each other is off the charts ...more
Taylor
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
When I was first approached about reviewing this book, I can admit I totally agreed because of the cover. I mean, look at it. It's simply gorgeous. Then when I read the synopsis, I knew I just had to read this book. And sadly, this book was a little bit of a disappointment for me.

The story follows alongside Savannah and Kent. Savannah has run away from him and has made a good life for herself. Though she doesn't see her family anymore, she's happy and finally feels free. But her bosses brother,
Nikki
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yet another fabby bread by Natasha Preston!
Who likes liars? Certainly not main character in this story Kent,,, its the one thing in a person that he really cant abide by.
Hes been lied to in the past and he now doesnt let anyone close.
Savannah is running from her past.. she keeps to herself and doesnt let anyone know what she's gone through.
These charcters together are fab! The banter they have while denying their feelings is so funny!!!
And as always Natasha manages to throw in a huge unexpecte
Amo Thomson
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I was really looking forward to reading this book, the cover is really beautiful that’s what interested me into this story.

Savannah hasn’t had much of good time the last few yrs, lost lonely and trying to make a new life for herself. But with a past lurking around how long will her new life stay in her control.

Kent, after having his own heartbreak he’s a one night kind of guy, but his head gets turned by his sisters new employee.

But someone’s past is about to come very much into the future &a
Jodie Wilkins
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautiful I want to reread it already I love the characters and their stories and the whole thing made my heart swell. I love Natasha Preston books and I have to say that this has taken the top spot out of all her books and definitely one of my favourite reads this year so far .
Marie -The Reading Otter
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review:
4.5 Stars

Review coming soon.
Ayah
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lie to Me is an emotional, romance infused read.

When I finished reading Lie to Me, I was overwhelmed with the intensity of emotions that came at me from all sides. The spine of the novel might scream romance, but what good is a skeleton for if it is left uncovered and naked?

The author managed to perfectly show how emotional abuse could seriously fuck up anyone in a variety of ways. How it makes us shut down when it comes to little, yet specific things because they are that triggering, leaving
Sadie Tucker
Sucks

Not really that good..
Why do I have to write such a long review it just wasn't that good dang.
Margaux
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The banters between Kent and Savannah was fun. The thoughts they struggled to ignore was hilarious, especially Kent’s. Also, I adore his dynamics with his friends Max and Toby. The sexual tension between them is believable. It’s nice when you hang in there reading and waiting for their relationship to happen and the characters are not giving in. It’s not insta-love but it isn’t a slow-burn either. You’ll see what I mean when you read the book.

My only concern with their story is the conflict they
Ashley Saxon
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot express how much I love this book! I laughed and I cried! Such an amazing story! A must read!
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Lie to Me had highs and lows. Some parts were so poignant I could feel the emotion as if I were experiencing it with the characters and other moments seemed so ridiculously overblown I had a hard time reconciling them with the rest of the story.

Once I got rolling with the story I was hooked, I wanted to know more about what had happened to Savannah and her family, Kent’s previous relationship intrigued me, and I loved everyone in Kent’s life. Kent and Savannah’s back and forth, their contemptuou
Luisa Rivas
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was fun, a frolic between two stubborn people who were destined to be together but were fighting it with all they had. Kent acted like a jerk to hide how affected he was by Savannah, and she acted like a woman without personality so as not to react to Kent. He said she was empty and bland but gorgeous, and she said he was gorgeous but cranky.

Savannah ran away from her family three hears ago when she was nineteen, and started a new life. We know there’s been some sort of betrayal that l
Briana
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, new-adult
These characters gave me whiplash! Their feelings went back and forth so quickly. Savannah and (more specifically) Kent's emotions for each other kept changing within the span of five minutes.

(view spoiler)
Erin
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
For more of my reviews visit my blog As the Book Ends

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review

My Rating: 3 Stars

Ah, the love to hate trope. It can either go very very right, or very very wrong. Its a really fine balance because you want it to believable. If the characters hate each other too much, their romance feels false and forced, if they don’t hate each other enough, things get a little insta-lovey. The key is to find that sweet spot. Unfortunately, Lie to Me didn’t fi
Sonal
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Savannah Dean ran away from her family after they betrayed her in the worst way possible. Now she leads a peaceful albeit lonely life. Nothing matters in her life except her work. Until him.

Kent Lawson was burnt in love at the age of nineteen and since then has avoided any sort of serious relationship. He never believed another woman could get close to his heart and shatter all his defenses. Until her.

Savannah and Kent hate each other. Kent knows she's hiding something and he can't stand it. Sav
Tania's Book Blog
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read a book about a couple so stubborn until I met Kent and Savannah. They were attracted to each other but fought tooth and nail to not give in to the attraction. Kent was an a$$ and Savannah I have no words to describe how she was around him, lol.

When they finally got their head out their a$$es and realized that they were meant to be together, they went for it but with some hesitation. They were both hurt extremely bad in their previous relationship that I was surprised that they ac
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simple put a great read, A hate to love with a little bit of everything thrown in between, the story flowed so effortlessly I was able to read in one sitting !

I was able to identify with both of the main characters from the start, and the fact that they had been burned in previous relationships left them being awkward, stubborn and flirtatiously pushing the boundaries ! Whilst they tried to understand the feelings that they had for one another !

Kent was a stubborn ass, but pushed the boundarie
Eva
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Tânia Borges
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a brilliant read! When two people have had such rough go of things, it is hard to trust anyone, especially someone new. Reading along as these two met, hated, shared and more was really exciting. They have so much to learn and overcome because previously their best option was to run, avoid and learn to live alone, but that isn’t always what life wants for you.

I loved the two main characters. They were interesting, deep and really had a lot to give the story. Preston, in her true fa
Katy Kitchin
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a beautiful, eloquently written story that captivated me from the start.

Kent and Savannah have both been badly burned in the past by people the loved, so while love is such a key emotion that flows through the entirety of this novel, it’s also a stunning exploration of healing, forgiving yourself, and learning to trust someone with your vulnerabilities again.

I adore how much Kent’s family featured, seeing their interactions and how they became Savannah’s family too, showing family
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author.

UK native Natasha Preston grew up in small villages and towns. She enjoys writing contemporary romance, gritty Young Adult thrillers and, of course, the occasional serial killer.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk