Start by marking “Lie to Me” as Want to Read:
Lie to Me

Lie to Me

At nineteen, Savannah Dean escaped her family, leaving behind a note and the people who caused her so much pain.

Now, she lives on her own and keeps to herself.

At nineteen, Kent Lawson’s girlfriend betrayed him, leaving him behind with a broken heart and a whole lot of mistrust in women.
ebook
Published April 23rd 2018 by Natasha Preston

To ask other readers questions about Lie to Me, please sign up.

Start your review of Lie to Me
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Ranty Spoilery Review Ahead.

If you're planning to read this book, please be aware that this review contains spoilers.

Don't blame it one me if you decide to continue reading this review.

This book is so stupid. I don't like games. I was somewhat enjoying their bickering in the beginning but quickly turned to shit.
I thought the heroine started as weak, pathetic and a pushover. Everyone who knows her says so too.
Hero was an epic dick. I wanted reach inside my kindle and punch his stupid face
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lie to Me is a good read. Savannah has ran from her family and ex and has started over. She keeps her past a secrets. Kent has had a bad past with his ex and he doesn't like lies and secrets. Savannah works for Kent's sister. At first I thought Kent came off as a jerk but he's just really jaded and guarded. In the beginning Savannah and Kent seem to hate each other but deep down there is more there. They both begin to crack and we get to see the real them and they hit it off. Of course the past ...more
Mirela
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really, really enjoyed this novel. The last two chapters were the best and the epilogue ... how to put it ... made me chuckle. Excellent, it is!
Ali
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I picked up this book practically as a mistake. I've got four or five books with exact same title ( OMG, why oh why do the people give their books same titles??... Originality?... Never heard.)
Anyway, I expected some kind of thriller one way or another.
No thriller here! But a light, sort of romantic read.
A bit too many hook ups per page count, felt like I was reading diaries of hormonal 16yo teenage boy :))
But I like Savannah. She is good natured and strong. She is cute and funny.
Three stars w
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Lie to Me has one of the most beautiful covers I've seen and it's what initially caught my attention. And even though I haven't read any books by Natasha Preston before I didn't read the synopsis before starting the book.

So I went completely blind. I was very excited for this book because it looked so good, but unfortunately it disappointed me. I couldn't see the connection between the characters and that made it hard for me to relate to them. I think it's because the story was a but rushed, eve
Coco.V
Oct 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on iBooks today (10/18/18)!💝

Blurb:

Now, she lives on her own and keeps to herself.

Now, he lives on his own and shares himself with nearly every pretty thing that walks by but only for one night.

When Savannah and Kent meet, they can’t stand each other.
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Having read Silence by the author which I really enjoyed, I was very much looking forward to reading another of the authors books.

I have to admit I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this book. Well not hate as that's a bit of a strong word but some parts sadly I definitely didn't enjoy as much as others.

To start with, I really liked Savannah's character. She's had a bad experience in her past which is gradually revealed throughout the story to the reader. I liked how she's quite a st
Deborah G.
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story grabbed me from the very beginning. I must admit that I am a sucker for a good love/hate romance. Savannah & Kent have both been burned from a past relationship. Kent chooses to deal with his ex's betrayal by sleeping around & not becoming attached. Savannah with her own devil of an ex, prefers to be single, keep to herself, staying inside her apartment whenever possible. She left home three years ago at the age of 19, leaving only a note with no possible way for her family or the ex ...more
Beneath The Covers Blog
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Holly Baker
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a book where the 2 main characters don’t like each other at the start! Seeing relationships change and morph into so much more is always one of my favourite things to read, so I was straight into this book, eating up every word. I really liked that it was Kent who was very open and honest about his feelings, while Savannah was more closed off and guarded, as it’s usually the other way around!

As with all books, nothing stays happy for long and admittedly, Kent pissed me off for a while. I
Amelia
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Lie to Me. It was wonderfully humorous and the hero's family were just to die for. They welcomed the heroine with open arms, particularly the mum who clearly loves and mothers just about everyone she meets:

'“Kent!” Mum shouts, running from the kitchen into the large, open hallway. She runs at me and wraps me in a death hug. “Jesus, woman, I saw you only a few days ago.” Pulling back, she slaps my arm. “Less of the woman, and days feel like months when it’s your children.” She tu
Suey_Library
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have a great many of favorite tropes within the romance genre that I cannot help by gush over. For me, one of the favorites is that hate to love trope. I like the tension, the banter, the romancing tidbits between, the drama and overall connections within the characters circles. Something however that I find when authors attempt this trope is it can either flow perfectly, or it can tragically be choppy for a better lack of a term. There needs to be a balance, the hatred build needs to be estab ...more
Alyssa
2ish...maybe 2.5 stars

So I decided to read this book because technically it has my favorite MC combination: a broody, jerk hero & a lonely yet tough-as-nails heroine. And every once in a while I'm in the market for some good ole fashioned New Adult angst. [I also paid for this one which by principal I can't DNF unless it's an absolute nope.]

The execution just didn't work for me. I'm very aware of the sliding scale of NA angst/dramatics/OTT-ness. When it's good it's good and when it's not, it mak
Eva vs The World 🌎
Suzanne
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my stars. This is the first book I have read by Natasha Preston and I couldn’t put it down. My heart. The pain that both Savannah and Kent endured to get to where they are is heartbreaking and shattering. They start out as enemies as the banter between these two is witty and sharp tongued at times, but they both break each other’s walls down and let each other in. While Kent is up front with his past, Savannah is still too raw to let go of hers. Their passion for each other is off the charts ...more
Taylor
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
When I was first approached about reviewing this book, I can admit I totally agreed because of the cover. I mean, look at it. It's simply gorgeous. Then when I read the synopsis, I knew I just had to read this book. And sadly, this book was a little bit of a disappointment for me.

The story follows alongside Savannah and Kent. Savannah has run away from him and has made a good life for herself. Though she doesn't see her family anymore, she's happy and finally feels free. But her bosses brother,
Nikki
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yet another fabby bread by Natasha Preston!
Who likes liars? Certainly not main character in this story Kent,,, its the one thing in a person that he really cant abide by.
Hes been lied to in the past and he now doesnt let anyone close.
Savannah is running from her past.. she keeps to herself and doesnt let anyone know what she's gone through.
These charcters together are fab! The banter they have while denying their feelings is so funny!!!
And as always Natasha manages to throw in a huge unexpecte
Amo’s Book
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I was really looking forward to reading this book, the cover is really beautiful that’s what interested me into this story.

Savannah hasn’t had much of good time the last few yrs, lost lonely and trying to make a new life for herself. But with a past lurking around how long will her new life stay in her control.

Kent, after having his own heartbreak he’s a one night kind of guy, but his head gets turned by his sisters new employee.

But someone’s past is about to come very much into the future &
Sophie
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: got-ebook
It really loved this book. Love story + awesome characters + fighting their affection= my cup of tea :)

However, there were a couple of minor things that annoyed me. Like how many times the characters would think and say "I've not" or a variation which sound slightly odd, and the fact that each character said it that way and it wasn't just the main girl irked me slightly.
Also some parts of the beginning felt a bit weird and his reaction to her 'lie'. I mean was it really a lie? Felt a bit dramati
Pali
DNF'ed at 6%
I really wanted to read this book only because of its beautiful cover, but that's the only good thing about it.
The hero is an epic asshole and the heroine gave me whiplash, first she appears strong then climsy and shy. Only read chapter one and I know I'm not gonna like this.
#sorrynotsorry
Elise
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
i have so many words to say but at the same time i don’t. there’s so much to say! i didn’t think this book would give me so many emotions in just a day of reading. i think Savannah and Kent belong together and i was just in love with them being in love. They make me want to be in love again. i miss it.
Jodie Wilkins
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautiful I want to reread it already I love the characters and their stories and the whole thing made my heart swell. I love Natasha Preston books and I have to say that this has taken the top spot out of all her books and definitely one of my favourite reads this year so far .
Christina
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Contemporary romance

This is my second book by this author and I loved it. There was a bit or mystery, romance, and drama. I stayed up late to finish it because I couldn't put it down.
Vfc
Mar 01, 2020 added it
The story revolves around his plethora of sexual conquests to evict his past from his mind. He is rude, disrespectful and without any redeeming qualities.

Anything that happened prior to them including her family drama is irrelevant and none of his business. He’s not entitled to her life story.
Marie -The Reading Otter
Review:
4.5 Stars

Review coming soon.
Vicci
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good read.good writing style. Would recommend to those who enjoy an easy read with mild angst, a devoted man and some hot moments.
GTR33GURL
Sweet

This was a very sweet enemies to lovers love story with a good back and fourth between mc throw in a little drama and a sweet hea and I enjoyed this quick read
Marisela M. Chavez
So much love!!!

Savannah and Kent. Wow, this story was a rollercoaster of emotions. I absolutely adored these tow.. So much love, laughs, healing and everything in between.
Ayah
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lie to Me is an emotional, romance infused read.

When I finished reading Lie to Me, I was overwhelmed with the intensity of emotions that came at me from all sides. The spine of the novel might scream romance, but what good is a skeleton for if it is left uncovered and naked?

The author managed to perfectly show how emotional abuse could seriously fuck up anyone in a variety of ways. How it makes us shut down when it comes to little, yet specific things because they are that triggering, leaving
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Once Burned (Firehouse Fourteen, #1)
  • Winning the Player
  • Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)
  • Sweet Crazy Song (Kings of Crown Creek, #1)
  • Scoring Her Heart (Scored, #1)
  • Hard Glamour (Glamour #1)
  • People We Love
  • Last Resort (Desire Resort, #1)
  • Burned Promises
  • Southern Pleasure (Southern Heart, #1)
  • Penalty Play (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #6)
  • Rescuing Broken
  • Who Needs Men Anyway?
  • Drive Me Wild (Riggs Brothers, #1)
  • As He Bids
  • Tender Kisses (3:AM Kisses Book 13)
  • The Billionaire's Inconvenient Obsession (The Pryce Family, #2)
  • Razor (K19 Security Solutions #1)
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author of The Cellar and The Cabin. Romance and YA Thriller writer, boy mum, Tom Hardy enthusiast. Always buried in a book and a glass of wine.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk