Start by marking “Awake at 3 a.m.: Yoga Therapy for Anxiety and Depression in Pregnancy and Early Motherhood” as Want to Read:

Published May 29th 2018 by Parallax Press

To ask other readers questions about Awake at 3 a.m., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awake at 3 a.m.

Laura (Book Scrounger)
I enjoyed this book for the sake of the sense of solidarity it presents with mothers during the postpartum period -- especially those of us who have experienced depression and/or anxiety in that time. It is nice to read about someone else who's been through it and can zero in on some of the specific struggles and mental ruts we can get stuck in. While I had a harder time connecting with the yoga aspects (and would question the philosophies behind some of it), it was still a decent introduction t ...more
Bethany
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I suffered with postpartum depression, anxiety, and OCD after the birth of my son; I'm also a certified birth doula. This book is now one of my go-to resources for friends and clients who are struggling with maternal mental health issues. It's a wonderful idea, easy to put into practice, and requires very little extra effort for a large return. I only wish this had been available when I was fighting my perinatal mood disorders. Highly recommended.

*I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGall
Tanya Price
Mar 03, 2019
Victoria Cunningham
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely book that would definitely reassure a new mother. I am not one of those so I didn't read the whole thing but I felt like I would share this with friends of mine who need some support and advice. It's almost like a hug in a book!
Rhea