Start by marking “Tattered (Tattered Heart Duet #2)” as Want to Read:
Tattered (Tattered Heart Duet #2)

Tattered

(Tattered Heart Duet #2)

Maverick Night is bad news. He made me want things I knew I shouldn't but did.

Now my brother's best friend is back, but we are both different people. Time changed us.

I crave the way my heart beat when he used to look at me, how it felt to be in his arms. Nothing good will come from opening myself up to him.

I just hope my tattered heart can take it if he walks away ag
Published March 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Tattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tattered

Start your review of Tattered (Tattered Heart Duet #2)
Na
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
"My heart feels like it's beating again for the first time since I last saw Maverick, and it's terrifying"

Tattered picks up where Torn ended. And if I compare those two books, Tattered has more meat on the bone. Hence a full 4 star rating.

"She's always been able to give me peace when my thoughts get to be too loud."

Four years later and Ryan and Maverick still can't deny their attraction. Both marked by life - one more than the other - their first encounter is like they have never been apart.

"No
nikki
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved TORN, the first book in this diet, but was slightly disappointed with this. I understand that it’s a novella but I just felt like everything was rushed in order to tie up all the drama from book one. As much as I loved Connor and Ryan, I didn’t enjoy the conclusion to their story as much as I did the beginning.
Melissasfandomworld
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great and beautiful conclusion to the Tattered Heart Duet <3
Extended review will follow soon!
Jasmina
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
The second book, like the first one, is fast but sweet read. Search for suppressed feelings, a struggle with the past and a love that overcomes all.

Mav returns from the army, but Ryan does not know what to feel about it. It has been many years that they didn’t see each other and although emotions are still present, there are still many bitter-sweet memories among them on their last common night.

more on my blog:
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 super hot stars!!! Omg what an ending to this duet.

This is second and final book in the “Tattered Heart Duet” and should not be read as a stand alone.

❤️💙

So we left off book one with Maverick dipping out on Ryan. Oh was I so freaking mad and hurt. Anyway, now we are back and we find out what happens a few year later. Will Maverick come back?!?! Is Dean going to be ok with how Maverick destroyed his sister?!?! Will Ryan even want Maverick and will she still be in Everton?!?!

“...I only hope my
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Kacie, 5 stars

With the ending to the last book, Brooke tore my heart out. With this one, she put it back together. Her words flowed together seamlessly in a perfect ending (or beginning) for Ryan and Maverick.

It’s four years later. They are both different people yet the same. They have had different experiences, but they still have the same instant attraction and pull to each other. Ryan is a successful tattoo artist with her own business. When she sees Maverick for the first time in years, sh
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
I devoured Tattered and book 1, Torn in one sitting. I absolutely loved Maverick and Ryan's story. Is was as beautiful as it was heartbreaking. Not everyone gets a second chance so when you do you need to grab onto it and hold on with all of your might. Maverick and Ryan find out that it's not always as easy as you'd hope. I was so eager to find out how their story would go and I wasn't disappointed with how everything played out.

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is the second and concluding part of these short novella stories. It is a very enjoyable and well-written story but for me far too short to get my teeth into. Just as I felt I was getting to know and enjoy these characters, it just all comes to an end far too quickly. I wanted more - so much more !!!

Although I feel this is a really good story with brilliant characters I think instead of two short books it would be better as a full-length novel. The writing, the story, and the characters de
Up All Night With Books
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

Holy smokes, just when you think things can’t get much sexier than they already were someone goes and turns up the heat. Tattered is the second novel in Brooke O’Brien’s Tattered Heart duet. This book jumps five years in the future and once again the universe forces Ryan and Maverick to meet again. Both have grown up a lot since they last saw each other. They were young, naïve 18-year-olds that were consumed by their feelings and
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This was a really good book about a couple who now has their second chance to what could be. This book takes place 4 years after the last. We see where Maverick is now and his reason for coming back to town. We also see Ryan now and what she is up to and she sure isn't the same girl that he ducked out on four years ago.

Ryan hasn't gotten over her feelings for Maverick and the same can be said for Maverick. The difference is, this time she isn't so open with her love and trust. If Maverick wants
Ann Marie
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In book two, four years have passed since Ryan has seen Maverick. Since he left she never heard a word from him. He never responded to her letter. Her feelings for him have not changed, so when she bumps into him at the airport shocked doesn't really cover what is going on inside her mind and heart.

Maverick has returned home; he has some family matters to attend to. Bumping into Ryan at the airport was fate. Ryan still affects him the same way she did four years ago.

When Ryan sees Maverick, al
Atlanta Whitlock
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I got to the end of Torn all I wanted was to read more of Ryan and Maverick but that was due to the way that Brooke O'Brien had written it, so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw that the was a follow-on book. Yet again Brooke has done another amazing job with Tattered, she has done both characters justice and I honestly couldn't see any fault with it. If you haven't read Brooke's work then make sure you do as otherwise you are missing out big time.

Ryan and Maverick are bac
Stacey Broadbent
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was so stoked to know there was a follow on to Torn. Ryan and Maverick were just too perfect together to not get more to their story.

In Tattered, we’ve jumped forward four years where Maverick is on a mission with the army, and Ryan is back home doing what she does best - art.
When they see each other again, it’s almost like being transported back in time. Their connection is still very much present, and it’s easy to see how they feel for each other.
But, the army is calling. Will Maverick stay,
Yvonne Eason
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I had Tattered ready to go after reading Torn. I needed to know what was going to happen to Ryan and Mav.

4 years later we are back where we left off. Never thinking he would step foot in his old home town again Mav is home to finish up some business. Can he stay away from Ryan or will the feelings he still has for her bring him home for good?

4 years Ryan has lived with the fact that Mav walked out on her. she has been following his progress through her brother. However, she was una
Kristi
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to the duet with Maverick and Ryan is a great wrap up of their story. Tattered continues four years after the end of story one. Maverick is brought back to the town and girl that he left behind. After a life event forces Maverick to return home, he is a dedicated alpha male who sees something that he hasn't gotten off of his mind and is determined to have..Ryan. Ryan and Maverick have changed but yet are the same ..they both want each other but did the distance keep them from cont ...more
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
With the way book one ended in the Tattered Heart Duet series by Brooke O'Brien.... I couldn't wait for the conclusion to Maverick and Ryan's story.

Love, Sacrifice, and Belonging.
These are words that Mav lives by. Leaving Ryan was the best and worst decision of his life, but he did it for her. She deserved better then what he was willing to give.

Years pass, and Mav is ready to come home.
Ready to be what Ryan needs, and he is going to fight to get his girl back.

But is Ryan willing to let him
Fiona Fog
I'm on the fence with this. Maybe I dived in to quickly after reading the first one who knows. But I just couldn't connect with the leads.

When Maverick left her four years ago Ryan always held onto the hope that he'd come back.

After serving two tours one in Iraq and the other in Afghanistan Maverick is not the same person. When he gets a call towards the end of his last deployment he takes leave to handle business back home.

Running into Ryan it's like the just picked up where they left off. Tha
Laid-back Book Bitches
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful conclusion to the Tattered Heart Duet! I have fallen so deep in love with Ryan and Maverick. I am a little sad that it is over. I am now sitting here with a awful book hangover thanks to Brooke O'Brien. These was my first books by this author and I am looking forward to reading more very soon. I had these 2 books read in one sitting. This is such a beautiful but heartbreaking story. There was a part in the book that I wanted to wrap Maverick in a hug and just hold him ( not g ...more
Cynthia Carpenter
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mavrick has been gone for four years when he comes home to bury his dad. Ryan has been on his mind all the time. Ryan has grown up and opend a tattoo shop in her hometown not expecting to see Mavrick ever again.when the come to together its like he never left. But with all they have lost with each other will they be able to get back what they have lost or with it leave them both Tattered and Torn. What an amazing ending to this duet these two will have you laughing and crying. The story pulls yo ...more
Suzanne
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tattered is book two in this novella series that follow Maverick and Ryan. This one picks up four years later after Maverick goes through a tour of duty. Ryan is trying to carry on but her heart still yearns for a bad boy that left her. Maverick comes home for one of the worst reasons. If it wasn’t for that, he probably wouldn’t come back. But he felt that pull to Ryan as well. The chance encounter at the airport leads to them falling down the rabbit hole. With their ups and downs, the emotions ...more
Candy
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2018, arcs
Well done on part 2 Brooke. I enjoyed this short two part series. The second time around for Maverick and Ryan was better than when they first started. There's hot passion and a major connection with these two that requires cold showers 🚿. Brooke I couldn't put them down. You're writing flows keeping the reader captivated.
Maverick returns but not how he planned. Ryan has been on his mind since he left 4 years ago, can he leave her again?
He's back and I can't help but have those same feelings I
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Having learned the hard way what it feels like to let love go Maverick swears he won’t do it again if given another chance! When unfortunate events occur Mac is forced to the last place he ever wanted to be again. Within minutes of being back his past comes slams him and what he thought was gone comes back at once! With Maverick back can Ryan keep the promises she has made to herself or will the heat between these two break down her walls?

I loved this second chance romance and how both Ryan and
Melissa Schaub
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the perfect way to end this duet! Mav and Ryan were the sweetest couple ones you could get past. All the hurt, the pain and the brokenness. This couple gave me major feels had me hooked right away. The writing was great but my biggest complaint is that they were so short...I want more!!
Ryan had always hoped that Mav would come back to her. But she never expected it to be temporary. Mav always knew that Ryan was the cure to his broken soul. But he didn’t know how to be what she needed o
Kellane Ayanna Mitchener
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the continuation of Mav and Ryan's story. Mav has certainly been through a lot and then he gets the news about his father but at least he gets to see Ryan again. The sparks never left these two and I'm so happy they received their own happy ending or beginning. Another great book by Brooke. ...more
Vanessa
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s odd the kind of treasures you find when you give something new a try. That is what I did with this author and with this duet. As I normally read towards the darker side I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this duet. For such a short book it has so much content. I was grasping for that next page. I wanted to know what would happen next. Once I started to read the book. I could not put it down. It was as if the book had its hooks on me. I devoured every last word and am proud to ...more
K.R. Reese
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank God I had this book to continue after I finished Torn! Brooke captures your heart from the very beginning with everything she writes, and this duet was no different! Mav has been gone for four years, and he’s the least likely person Ryan expects to run in to! But when it happens, it’s like the last four years never happened. Brooke plays into your emotions with Tattered and makes you ball your eyes out. But the splotchy face and dried tissues are worth it in the end!
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
This is bk 2 in the series and it's recommended to read Torn first.

Book 2 picks up 4 years later. Mav is with his unit doing the best he can when he gets news that sends him home, home to what he wanted to forget and to regrets of what he left, but going back home may not be easy, but when he sees Ryan he knows he's where he should be , but can she understand why.
Ryan never forgot Maverick, her heart still belongs to him , but can she handle him leaving again? loved this series.
Danielle Robbins
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tattered is the conclusion to the duet. After the ending from Torn I could not wait to read this and it did not disappoint! It was a quick read but it definitely kept me wanting more! This was emotional and beautiful. Maverick and Ryan had amazing chemistry! I loved them alot! I wish there was more of their story!
Emma Johnston
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finished book 1 and straight onto the second, another book that I devoured in one sitting.

This book takes place 4 years after the first one ended. Ryan was hurt when Mav left but he had good reasons. I loved that they had both changed and grown but their connection and loved had only grown stronger,

I hope we see more of these characters in future Brooke O’Brien books ;)
Candyce Kirk
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full review to follow soon!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Rebel (Haven Grace Prep, #3)
  • Team Hate (The Football Boys #1)
  • A Love That Lasts (Finding Love, #3)
  • Baby Secret (Slade Brothers, #3)
  • Her Wolf  (Shifted Love #1)
  • Forever Us (Diamond in the Rough #5)
  • Lyrical (Academy of Stardom, #2)
  • Prince Charming (Cinderella, #2)
  • The Rebel (Looking to Score #1)
  • Ruthless Empire (Royal Elite, #6)
  • Here With Me
  • Trick Me Twice
  • Rule Breaker (New Orleans Bourdons, #1)
  • Taunt Her (Rebels At Sterling Prep #1)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • A Love Song for Always (Rivals, #4)
  • Playing It Cool (York Bombers, #8)
  • Stay with Me (Diamond in the Rough #3)
Click the FOLLOW AUTHOR button to be notified of Brooke's new releases!

Brooke O'Brien is an author of steamy and swoon-worthy contemporary romances.

She believes a love worth having is worth fighting for, and she brings this into her stories where her characters risk it all for love.

If Brooke's not writing or reading, she's probably spending time with her family, binge-watching the latest crime doc

Tattered Heart Duet (2 books)
  • Torn (Tattered Heart Duet #1)

News & Interviews

Summer is perfect for plenty of things: mojitos, sleeping with the window fan on, and sprawling out with a hot romance novel (in a heavily...