Start by marking “Stand Up for Your Life: A Practical Step-by-Step Plan to Build Inner Confidence and Personal Power” as Want to Read:

We all want to make a difference in the world. We want to know that our lives matter, that our presence on Earth has meaning and purpose. I can assure you that you have a Divine assignment -- an important mission to fulfill. The first step in discovering and fulfilling this mission is to take a leadership role in your life.
-- from Stand Up for Your Life
In this book I'll
Published May 5th 2003 by Free Press (first published March 26th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Stand Up for Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stand Up for Your Life

Tristan Wolf
Having recently celebrated (if that's the word) my 60th birthday, I still seek good advice where I can find it. The best advice I've seen lately came from a t-shirt bearing a statement had to do with 14 werewolves. Community standards prohibit me from quoting it here, but if you conduct an online search on that key phrase, you'll likely find what I'm talking about. (By the way: Yes, yes, by all the gods, yes.) I mention this as it explains why I consider myself a fairly good judge of self-help b ...more
Debbie
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is the kind of book that helps you if you need help with your confidence and self esteem. This book will give you steps to help you with living outside of your comfort zone. She gives you steps to follow along the way. It is helpful and encouraging. There are lessons to do also which helps you with each chapter. I enjoyed it.
MountainShelby
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Highly recommended. Although the book is geared towards women (chronic people-pleasing/doormat types need to heed Richardson's advice), there's value for nearly everyone who needs a personal boost or a reminder that it's okay to have your own goals and set boundaries with others. I especially benefited form the four values exercise. This book also helped me gain the courage to set a clear boundary with a particularly difficult associate.
Kate  Maxwell
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and all that it talked about. It was insightful, gave examples, and had plenty of exercises to do. Cheryl takes you by the hand and leads you to a path to gain greater self-confidence. I wanted to be in a Life Makeover group where I could go through these exercises with others. Can't wait to go through it again and take my time doing the exercises.
Satia
Mar 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Probably ground breaking for some. I found it interesting but not inspiring nor enlightening but I didn't find it trite or irrelevant. For more: http://satia.blogspot.com/2010/03/sta...
Toni
Feb 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: self help
Recommended to Toni by: my therapist
I highly recommend this book if you are at the point in life where you want to move forward and stop living in the past. You must be ready for taking simple but effective changes in your life to find the happiness everyone desires. Also recommend Cheryl's other books to continue your journey.
Deni Aria
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nothing to fear if we can identify what would be scary circumstances ! This book perfectly help me out to understand my very own being when I really need to move forward of future, a very recommended book !
Nikki Cotton
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this in my third year of college. Maybe I just read it at the perfect time, but I thought it was an excellent guide for taking control of your own life and decisions. Lots of interactive activities that make you explore your own position rather than just reading about someone else's.
Mary Jo
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Cheryl Richardson is one of my favorite authors. She is a life-coach and has been on Oprah and is associated with Louise Hays and has her own webpage. I find all her books and guidance very helpful and good suggestions for life.
Susan Visser
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book, but I've managed to figure out most of this through experience. Wish I had read this while I was in university!
Jamie Weyermuller
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So very helpful. Written as though she is your very own life coach.
Clorinda
treat this like a workbook and have a notebook or journal when you are reading this book. Good advice.
kmm1985
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
helpful - worth considering!
Haifa ali
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
لن انسى ما حييت فضل الله ثم هذا الكتاب علي ...
جميييييل جداً لضعفاء الشخصيات ..
ساعدني على بناء ثقتي بنفسي دون اللجوء لأحد ...
Rare Soul
هذا أقد كتاب قريته ب 2005
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 marked it as to-read
Life
Gina
Sep 26, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good practical advice, easy to read with something left over to think about
Ivan
Jun 25, 2013 added it
it was nice
Robert
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Directed more at a female audience, I nevertheless found lots of useful guidance in this audiobook.
tammie mallard
Jan 10, 2018
Barb
Nov 09, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You
  • Fit from Within: 101 Simple Secrets to Change Your Body and Your Life - Starting Today and Lasting Forever
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • Project You: More Than 50 Ways to Calm Down, de-Stress, and Feel Great
  • Who Would You Be Without Your Story?: Dialogues with Byron Katie
  • Discover Your Genius: How to Think Like History's Ten Most Revolutionary Minds
  • The Secret of the Shadow: The Power of Owning Your Story
  • Confessions of an Organized Homemaker: The Secrets of Uncluttering Your Home and Taking Control of Your Life
  • Riding the Dragon: 10 Lessons for Inner Strength in Challenging Times
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • Marriage Fitness: 4 Steps to Building & Maintaining Phenomenal Love
  • I Want to Be Her!: How Friends and Strangers Helped Shape My Style
  • Elizabeth I CEO: Strategic Lessons from the Leader Who Built an Empire
Cheryl Richardson is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of several books including: Take Time for Your Life, Life Makeovers, Stand Up for Your Life, The Unmistakable Touch of Grace, The Art of Extreme Self Care, You Can Create an Exceptional Life (with Louise Hay), and her new book, Waking Up in Winter: In Search of What Really Matters at Midlife. Her work has been covered widely in the media ...more
“There is nothing heavier than the burden of potential” 12 likes