Start by marking “No Way in Hell (The Ink Well Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
No Way in Hell (The Ink Well Chronicles #2)

No Way in Hell

(The Ink Well Chronicles #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Two years.
Who kisses someone and then doesn't say anything for two years?
Greg Moran, that's who.

That kiss might not have started it all, but it sure did change everything. I thought I was living a simple life, keeping to my friends, eating pickles with ice cream, drinking bourbon on the weekends, and taking naps after work. Looking back at it all now, it was anything bu
Kindle Edition
Published March 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about No Way in Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Way in Hell

Tracey
Oh my heart, I loved that book.

My first time reading this author, and I am well impressed, I really loved this book. There was something about the characters that drew you in and immersed you in their story.

Greg and Lilly get married in Vegas after attending a friends wedding, but the following morning Lilly starts fretting and regrets her decision, and asks for a divorce!

Greg and Lilly are really good friends, they have an amazing relationship, so this story is basically a friends to lovers sto
Amber
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another New-to-me author! I loved this book! I love how real and true these characters were. I love how much a spitfire Lilly was!
In No Way in Hell, Lilly and Greg have been best friends since she went to work for him. Greg is used to having people around him. His brother and friends all run a business together. Lilly, she's used to being alone. Her parents had her late in life. They were always gone, and her siblings were older and doing their own things.

Years after being friends, and Greg ha
Michelle
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Communication is key. That's what I always tell anyone in a relationship or who are getting married. Well this couple learns the hard way. They both have good intentions but just the lack the knowledge of how to get to the next step. Will they finally learn how to move forward with their relationship or will they just end it and have to learn how to live with a broken heart?
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
I read the book before this in the Inkwell series Let Me In. That book just so happened to be Jordan Bates' debut novel. But I have to admit I enjoyed this one so much more. I feel like the writing flowed better. The characters were still as likable but just a bit more fine tuned. And the plot and flow just hooked me even more.

Greg and Lilly had this subtle chemistry in book one, but this time I got to see all the behind the scenes thoughts and feelings. That really helped me enjoy the book eve
Sashiel "Shy" Gawerecki
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Nerdy Dirty and Flirty Blog
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
No Way I Hell is the second in the Inkwell Chronicles series and is about Lilly and Greg, friends and co-workers who impulsively married during a trip to Vegas to see mutual friends get married. Lilly realizes that it was a mistake and tries to get it annulled before leaving but cannot. Once home, she tries to divorce Greg but he doesn't want to divorce. The judge sends them to marriage counselling for month after which if she still wants to be divorced the judge will grant it.

While I was able t
Becky Baldridge
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I finished this one with mixed feelings. The story is well-written and the characters are likable and interesting. As far as the romance goes, it felt at times like Greg and Lilly were acting more like teenagers than adults with things running so hot and cold. Most of the story is a series a miscommunications and misunderstandings with the couple being ruled by their hormones more than anything else. They are good together on that front, but it reached a point that I could see the next bump in t ...more
Nathalie
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for an honest review

Book two of The Ink Well Chronicles is finally here and it was well worth the wait! With that said, hurry up and give us book three!!

No Way in Hell is Lilly and Greg’s story, and it is absolutely amazing. Lilly and Greg get married while in Vegas and regret and fear hits her hard. She asks for a divorce, but that’s just the beginning.

What I love about this book and what makes these characters so relatable is that Lilly is a such a fire cracker, and yet has the
Natalie Johnson
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lilly and Greg have been friends ever since she went to work for him. Lilly was a late in life baby who never saw her family. Her parents were always traveling and her brothers and sisters had their own lives.

Greg, his brother Jack, and friends Max and Chase all worked together running a publishing company. Greg has cared about Lilly for five years. While in Vegas for Max and Alexa’s wedding he convinces her to marry him in a chapel.

Now Morning has come and Lilly wants it annulled. Despite lov
Dana
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just going to preface this with: I LOVED this book!!!

We’ve all heard that saying “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”.....well what if that isn’t true?

Lilly and Greg are “friends” who are in Vegas and one thing leads to another and they get hitched then try to divorce....but that isn’t as easy as they thought.

No Way In Hell follows their journey through marriage.....and that journey is WILD!!!

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Just going to preface this with: I LOVED this book!!!

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Kristina Bowen
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book and I'm glad I read the first book of the series before reading this one. I felt this book was a little longer, but it was worth it in the end. The happily ever after doesn't do justice for Lilly and Greg. I just love how the story ends perfectly, who wouldn't want Greg as their book boyfriend? The most romantic planned ending was everything for this book. Thank you Jordan for your stories. Is there a book for the rest of the group at Ink Well Chronicles???
Julie Jackson
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Greg and Lilly have been friends and coworkers for several years now. One trip to Vegas turns into a marriage. These two take on a journey of finding trust, love and a future. With no trust between them, they both have issues to work through to see if they can salvage this relationship.
Beautiful read.
Excellent writing.
Awesome storyline.
Jennifer Alexander
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

Ok I have never wanted to slap 3 people so much in my life. Lol. They were stubborn and neither communicated to the other. But the love they felt and showed each other fought through and that is why I enjoyed this book
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, review-copies
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
OMG! Be still my heart...Book 2 in The Ink Well Chronicles is here and let me just say that I freaking loved every minute of this story!

The second I finished Let Me In I was fortunate enough to be able to immediately dive right into No Way in Hell. For once it seems like my busy schedule worked in my favor because I was able to read both of the books in The Ink Well Chronicles back to back. I really liked Alexa and Max's story, but I must say that
Christine Campbell
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
you may need tissues towards the end but it is super sweet. they have been best friends for years and they work together and live next door to each other but one thing leads to another and an event happens. it was very good
I am voluntarily reviewing this arc of this book
Autumn Bryant
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story about two people who marry in Vegas and try make it work. I was drawn in by this story from the first chapter. The chemistry between the characters is off the charts, but the communication problems keep you invested to see what happens next. The ending was everything that I hoped it would be.
Melissa Marx
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book truly is a standalone. I didn’t NEED to read book 1. Lilly is me! Snarky and stubborn. Greg is kind and caring, and quite an “alpha male” the story flows. I laughed and even swooned a bit. However there is a lesson learned here. With every relationship communication is key.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~~

Beautiful read.
Excellent writing.
Awesome storyline.

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was absolutely crazy. It was relatable a
Mona williams
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
this book was really good. she has had a crush on her boss for years. now she finds out one drunk night they are married. what will she do? read to find out.
Jasmina
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
The continuation of this story about friends continue. And i love this group. They all are so funny and kind.
But this story lead us on a journey of Greg's and Lilly's lives.
Vegas marriage.
But the next day, regret? Or just cold feet?
How would day resolve the problem. Will they divorce or try to work on their marriage?
Funny part is, that even judge knows that the are good together and send them on a one month talking journey.

It's another good book for me from this author. Funny and interesting.
Lisa Cheney
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like finding new authors, Jordan Bates is new to me and her book no way in hell was excellent. I loved the whole story that it drew you in from the first words, Greg and Lilly were meant to be together, one night in Vegas after their friends wedding they find them self's getting married themselves. can the two make a go of it, Lily is afraid to let Greg will leave her alone like all the rest of her family, being as her parents were later in life having her. going to a court ordered marriage co ...more
Nicole Lloyd
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Bates delivers us another amazing book! Once I started I couldn’t put it down.

After a night of drinks in Vegas Lilly and Greg end up married. Lilly wakes up realizing they are married, and wants an annulment right away. Greg on the other hand wants the married life. Can He convince her that this is the real deal?

I can’t wait to see what’s next from Jordan.

Nicole
Book Haven Book Blog
Mary Mccormack
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finishing this book my mind screams fight or flight, fight or flight, flight.... FLIGHT. Lilly spends most of this story trying to fight her flight instinct because she has been hurt, used, and neglected by her family so many times in her life she doesn’t think she can survive it again. She is desperately trying to get a divorce from Greg before he ends up breaking her heart by leaving her. She would rather have his friendship and presence in her life then give him a chance to hurt her again. Be ...more
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
This story had so much to offer and I really loved the blurb, unfortunately it caused me a few headaches while reading it; I kept banging my head against whatever was close by, out of sheer frustration. I have no patience with adults, in their mid-twenties, that have the maturity level of adolescent teenagers and that might be the issue I had with No Way in Hell, the second book in the Ink Well Chronicles.

Lily and Greg have known each other for five years and work together at Ink Well, a publish
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is the first book that I've read by Jordan Bates, and I completely LOVED every minute of it! Lilly has a whole waiting for other shoe to drop attitude, which keeps her from taking chances on relationships. So when she ends up married to her best friend, Greg, all she wants to do is undo it before any damage is done to their friendship. However, Greg isn't down to get rid of the marriage so quickly. And that's all that I'm giving away because this was a story with so many angst filled la ...more
Kristina Simkins
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time to read this author, and I am very impressed. This book is great! The writing style and the characters pull you in. No matter what happens you can’t help but love Greg and Lilly.
Greg and Lilly have been best friends for five years when they end up getting married in Vegas. Even though Lilly agreed in the moment she wakes up the next morning with one gol - to get an annulment or a divorce.

‘No Way in Hell’ has several twist and turns, but is a really beautiful romance about
Pauline
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Inkwell Chronicles and it was another great story. Lilly and Greg are best friends and neighbors and they shared one drunken kiss two years ago. And nothing since. Lilly cannot understand why but when they head to Vegas for a friends wedding they make the crazy decision to get married. When they get back home, Lilly wants a divorce but Greg does not. The judge gives them three weeks to think over the decision and insists they go to counselling twice a week during t ...more
Shannon
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely!

Loving Jordan's style of writing and her characters! Ever wake up to finding out you're married, and he happens to be the love of your life? Can't wait to read the rest of her work!
Kelly Fountain
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoy being right. (Lol) Jordan Bates second book in this series was a good one, better than the first like I predicted. Greg and Lily are best friends and me at for each other...if they can get over their insecurities and take steps forward. Married already because of a trip to Vegas, they now have to decide whether to go forward or to let it break apart.
It was a great story. I would have liked a little more background info or flashbacks to see how their relationship built. I kinda felt like
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Need Books Combined 3 20 Mar 16, 2018 02:44AM

The Ink Well Chronicles (2 books)
  • Let Me In (The Ink Well Chronicles #1)