Start by marking “Crisis Point (A Brad Coulter Novel Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Crisis Point (A Brad Coulter Novel Book 1)

Crisis Point (A Brad Coulter Novel Book 1)

Calgary, 1976. Life couldnt be better for Brad Coulter, a Calgary cop. Partnered with his best friend, paid to keep the streets safe from the riff raff. Until a gun battle after an armed robbery leaves him without his partner and grappling with the sudden burst of criminal activity in his otherwise quiet city.

A series of Brinks truck robberies escalate, each one bolder
Published April 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Crisis Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crisis Point

Start your review of Crisis Point (A Brad Coulter Novel Book 1)
Mrs. Y
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-review
Welcome back my book reading friends! Mrs. Y is coming to you with a review of "Crisis Point (A Brad Coulter Novel Book 1) By Dwayne Clayden. This was a requested review by his team, and I received a Kindle version of the book to read for free. I would like to thank everyone on Dwayne's team that was involved in asking me for this honest review and sending it to me. I do appreciate it.

To start this review we go into first impressions. This is a world that we no longer live in, it's the 1970's,
Catherine Saykaly-Stevens
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book.
So many authors do police procedurals poorly, so it's incredibly refreshing when an author's background IS in police/EMS.
Strong, realistic characters and a well-written blast to 1976 makes me hopeful that we'll see Brad Coulter's Calgary police career continue through the decades in a long series.
Jonas Saul
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book! This author really knows his stuff. It felt like I was reading the Don Winslow novel, The Force, it was that good.

I can't wait for Brad Coulter book two to come out!
Grady
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We fought crime last year, and now you leave me for Canine.

Canadian author Dwayne Clayden brings to his first fiction novel a wealth of experience that makes his excellent opening of his series - the BRAD COULTER NOVELS - completely credible. He has a depth of experience as a police officer, paramedic, tactical paramedic, firefighter, emergency medical services chief, and educator. His conferences on realistic police, medical and paramedical procedures are highly regarded and attended. Dwayne
Philip
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I've had a hard time trying to decide what I think about this book because technically it's a pretty good book, well written, with some solidly developed characters and quite well described settings etc. but I am not a huge fan of books where the POV alternates between the good guys and the bad guys and I seem to be encountering a great many of them recently. It's usually not too hard to follow if there is some kind of chapter title to help keep track of who's who but that doesn't happen here. ...more
Jules
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The opening scene of Dwayne Claydens Crisis Point is engagingly intense, and it sets the stage for a highly entertaining and action-packed novel. It is a nostalgic trip down memory lane for anyone who grew up on 1970s police procedural television programs, and for younger readers, it is just an incredibly good read!

Unlike many other books in the genre, Mr. Clayden gives his readers a unique sense of authenticity that comes from his years of experience as a police officer, paramedic, firefighter
Sherry Wilson McEwen
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a police crime thriller with heart. Action-packed, fast-paced, absorbing. The author, an ex-police officer, EMS and firefighter, writes with authority and authenticity. He puts a human face on emergency responders and lets us look behind the scenes. The main plotline revolves around the development of the first TSU (Tactical Support Unit) in Calgary, Alberta the Canadian equivalent to SWAT. A touch of romance, and Coulters self-reflection, raise the writing beyond a straight cop book.

Julie Hiner
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the action scenes!! Dwayne definitely leveraged his own extensive experience as an officer in writing the scenes. They kept me on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, and wanting to turn the page!! Believable and tension packed.

My favourite thing about this book as that Dwayne clearly put his heart and soul into it. His writing is raw, honest and packed with emotion. It does not deter from the characters, rather, the emotion is effectively conveyed according to the
Peter Kingsmill
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Police procedurals are not usually my favourite fare, but Crisis Point by Dwayne Clayden will have me hooked on his books in the future. The storyline grows and never wavers, the characters are fully believable and the action is pretty much non-stop. I appreciated the authors handling of police and municipal politics in a time of difficult change, as the books setting (Calgary, Canada) experiences a transition from free-wheeling bad guys to hardened and vicious master criminals. ...more
Randy McCharles
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent romp through a setting of 1970's Calgary police history. As as a Calgary native I especially enjoyed feeling as though I was back in my youth seeing the city as it was back then. The author's knowledge of the subject matter brought the story to life with characters I enjoy following. Very much looking forward to the 2nd book in the series.
Linda Penner
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was under the tree for me last Christmas (I hinted strongly for it!), and proved to be a wonderful gift. I'm not usually a fan of cop books but this one was not a hokey shot-em-up cops & robbers story - it's action packed with authentic scenes. A plus for me was that the main character has human flaws! Looking forward to more from Dwayne Clayden.
Jennifer Cockton
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading Dwayne Clayden's crime thriller Crisis Point I fell in love with Brad Coulter. Dwayne had me wanting more and more of Brad Coulter. The Brad Coulter Series is one you'll want to share with all your family and friends.
Randy Mccharles
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story set in a town I grew up in. Felt like I was reliving my youth. Clayden does an excellent job of bringing characters to life.
J.J. Reichenbach
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dwayne Claydens debut fiction novel, Crisis Point, introduces the series-leading character Brad Coulter. Coulter starts here as a Calgary cop 4 years into his career in 1970s Calgary (his career builds throughout the series).

The beginning is immediately engaging and the pacing doesnt let up from thereyoull be hooked by this one. The plot is explosively exciting, devastating at times, and always entertaining. The humour throughout the book is fantastic and keeps the characters engaging and
Janet
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like crime novels, this is the one for you! Crisis Point is action packed from beginning to end. Action, crime, drama and love story all in one well written novel! Where do Brad and Maggie go from here?
Vi MacDonald
Jenn
Dec 15, 2018

• Woman on the Edge
  • The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Tales from Another Mother Runner: Triumphs, Trials, Tips, and Tricks from the Road
  • Back Blast (Gray Man, #5)
  • Gunmetal Gray (Gray Man, #6)
  • Olive, Again
  • Welcome to the Jungle: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Bipolar but Were Too Freaked Out to Ask
  • It's Okay Not to Be Okay: Moving Forward One Day at a Time
  • The Spider and the Fly: A Reporter, a Serial Killer, and the Meaning of Murder
  • The Daughter of Time (Inspector Alan Grant, #5)
  • Agent in Place (Gray Man, #7)
  • Hangman (Fawkes and Baxter, #2)
  • On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace
  • Full Disclosure
  • Living with No Excuses: The Remarkable Rebirth of an American Soldier
DWAYNE combines his knowledge and experience as a police officer and paramedic to write realistic crime thrillers.
CRISIS POINT, Dwaynes first novel, was a finalist for the 2015 Crime Writers of Canada, Arthur Ellis Awards.
OUTLAWMC is the second in the Brad Coulter Series.
WOLFMAN IS BACK, is the third in the Brad Coulter Series.
In his 40 year career, Dwayne has served as a police officer,