Start by marking “Joshua (Valkyrie, #6)” as Want to Read:
Joshua (Valkyrie, #6)

Joshua

(Valkyrie #6)

For Joshua O’Connell, life in Craven was the picture of small-town perfection.
Until Bryn Halbrook walked into his life.

Though smitten from day one, he knew she was way out of his league.
And then Joshua died.

But that wasn’t the end of it.

JOSHUA is a view to what happened off camera during the Valkyrie Series. While Bryn went off on adventure after adventure, Joshua’s s
Published March 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Joshua, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joshua

Kriselda Gray
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read and am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received from the publisher at no cost.

This is a great companion novel (and start of a companion series) to Ayers' Valkyrie books. The stories take place during the same time period as the original books, with this one covering the time from the first Valkyrie book. The next one will match the time period for the second original book and so on, but they tell the story from the perspective of Joshua, who was an increasingly important side character in
Donna
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! An amazing book giving Joshua's version of the events that happened in book 1 of the Valkyrie series. It was great to read his side of things, from his meeting and friendship with Bryn, through his transition in Valhalla, and all that happened there. While there were moments I nearly threw the book away in disgust thinking "are boys/men really that shallow?!" (I've done some research since, and apparently the answer is yes!), I really enjoyed the story, and I'd definitely recommend it to fa ...more
Christina Luberts
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I could not put this book down. I love this story of Joshua, being able to see the view thru another's eye. As you are reading you will remember some of the incidence that happen in Bryn story. I'm sure as the rest of Joshua story comes out the same will happen and we will see another person's view. Joshua has so much love and kindness in him. He does not realize just how strong he really is and how other relies on him. He finds out that everything he thought was fairy tales is true even th ...more
Lisa Eiff
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I may have already finished the Valkyrie series at this time, but I enjoyed the revisit to the earlier years in the story. With this book I got to see things through Joshua's eyes after the car wreck he and Bryn experienced. This is basically a rehashing of the earlier experience in this series told from a different POV, so many aspects will feel familiar if you've already started the series.

I loved the character development with this story, and since Joshua
Denise Van plew
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one that was different even though it went with a series. Refreshing perspective catches your interest with at first I was not sure if I wanted to read this one. So happy I did with once I was in it it the weaving of the story tightened its hold on me. Joshua is a perspective that though is best read as author says after the series which she is telling no lies on that one. She is the puppet master with your emotions as you suck this one up. It adds growth to it which makes it like icing ...more
Dmcl
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love reading a story and getting two characters’ points of view on the same events. In Joshua: Dead Radiance, we see what has happened to Joshua on a parallel timeline to the events in Bryn’s life. It fills in some gaps and poses more questions and thereby adds a depth and dimension to the Valkyrie series. It is so well written and engaging, building up the world of Valkyrie and Einherjar that T.G. Ayer had imagined. Whether you’re a longtime fan of this author or a new initiate, you’ll deligh ...more
Ashley
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I enjoyed most about this book is that we get another character's perspective on the same world. It's great, because it does not repeat word for word what happened in previous books and we also get to see a new view of the same action. Joshua is a very interesting character and I would definitely love more side stories from him or other characters in this world!

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Amy Hannagan
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a real pager turner. I loved reading the events of Dead Radiance from Joshua's perspective.Once I started reading I just didn't want to put it down. This is one of the most addictive series I've read since Twilight. Ever book has been more intriguing than the last. Joshua gives a whole new look at Bryn's life and the events that we've already read her side of.
Richard Goodrum
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A marvelous story. Joshua has an astounding strength of character. Aimee is a wonderful friend. And Aidan. Well, Aidan is an enigma. The story of life and afterlife is well woven. This story is full and complete unto itself; however, it might spoil Dead Radiance if read out-of-order.

I received a complimentary copy of this book and voluntarily posted an honest review.
Teresa
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I "met" Joshua in Dead Radiance and loved his character nearly as much as I loved Bryn's. Seeing the story from his point of view expands the world of Asgard for the readers and gives a different perspective of Bryn and Joshua's relationship.
Well written, excellent plot and characters. Ready for more of Joshua's story!
I received a complimentary w and freely give my honest review.
Linda
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We have a companion novel to "Dead Radiance" the book that introduced us to Bryn, Aimee, Aiden, Brody and Joshua.This is the rest of the story sorta.
This is Joshua's story. But it also let's us know what's going on with Aimee.
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for and honest review.
The Mysterious Reader
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this is just a a “quickie” review. Unfortunately, I’m in in a hospital and asked my husband to post this since I don’t have the time to do better - even though the book definitely deserves it.

Bottom line: five stars. This was one wonderfully fun novel and definitely recommended. It had just what I wanted and was well written and with a great plot and great cast of characters.
Elda
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved getting this POV from Joshua. We see that Joshua has consistent feelings for Bryn when Bryn thinks he has feelings for someone else. I also liked finding out what was going on during the time Bryn was off on her missions. Joshua is a very strong personality with a good heart. I look forward to reading from other person’s POV as well. Definitely worth reading.
Pat Raab
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For the reader it is like standing at a window, looking at a situation unfold, where you know what is going to happen but now see the story from the viewpoint of another character. Insights into feelings and situations that weren’t revealed before. I love these “sidelines”.
Jackie
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book. Joshua and Bryn are amazing for each other, then he dies. Such an intriguing story. Loved it and all the books in the series. This series should be made as a TV series so that everyone can enjoy the awesome characters and plot.
Cindy Jeffers
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed seeing the "Dead Radiance" time period through the eyes of Joshua.

It answered some of the questions I had about what happens in Valhalla, as well as how Joshua was feeling towards people and about certain events.

I'm looking forward to future "Joshua" books in the series.
Darlene Long
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a refreshing way to write a book. I love how it shows the warriors fair with coming back to live. There is a lot that we missed in the main books. I highly recommend this book.
I received an advanced copy of this book.
Jennifer Layne
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a well written book with wonderful characters and well crafted world ... though I expect nothing less from T.G. Ayer!

This was an inbetweener from Joshua's POV ... looking forward to the next book!
Andrea
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read and the characters are well written. This is a great companion to Valkyrie series. This book offers a different side the series and is just as well written as the series.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Gea
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This journey of Joshua is very different compared to that of Bryn. But of course they will always be connected.
He is passionate and honest, strong and helpful.
But this book is too short, we only get to know his introduction.
Louisa
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, it was so awesome being in Joshua's head for the events of the first book! Knowing how Aidan is going to act, well, yeah, glad to see that some people knew he wasn't so great! Can't wait to read more!
Juanita E. Arp
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book 📚, it has a great storyline. I can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Natalie
Linda Bergeron
Apr 23, 2018
Cynthia Banks
Oct 05, 2018
I have been a writer from the time I was old enough to recognise that reading was a doorway into my imagination. Poetry was my first foray into the art of the written word. Books were my best friends, my escape, my haven. I am essentially a recluse but this part of my personality is impossible to practise given I have two teenage daughters, who are actually my friends, my tea-makers, my confidante ...more

Valkyrie (7 books)
  • Dead Radiance (Valkyrie, #1)
  • Dead Embers (Valkyrie, #2)
  • Dead Chaos (Valkyrie, #3)
  • Dead Wrath (Valkyrie, #4)
  • Dead Silence (Valkyrie, #5)
  • Joshua II (Valkyrie, #7)