Start by marking “Last Girl Lied To” as Want to Read:
Last Girl Lied To

Last Girl Lied To

Something made him angry that night.
Something made her cry.
Something made Trixie disappear.
What if it was all the same thing?

Fiona claims she doesn’t remember anything about the night her best friend left a party early and walked into the ocean. But the truth is, she wishes she could forget.

Published April 16th 2019 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Last Girl Lied To, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Girl Lied To

Laurie Flynn
May 04, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote this! If you like dark, twisty YA psychological thrillers, I hope you'll enjoy reading!
Emir Ibañez
2019????

Danielle
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC of this from the publisher from a giveaway here on Goodreads! Thank you!

ah, the dreaded two-star review. by goodreads standards, it means the book is okay. and the book wasn't bad, at all, but if i ask myself if it was good, i just kinda "eeeeeeehhhhhh" to myself because i don't know. last girl lied to certainly isn't bad but it's definitely not something i'm going to tell everyone around me to read because it really is a lot of "ok."

i really don't think there's a single chara
Sierra Elmore
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: relatable, favorites
Content warnings: Suicide, death of a loved one, grief, alcoholism

"Because it was easy. Sometimes it was fun to be someone else.

Like all of Laurie's work, Last Girl Lied To gripped me hard and didn't let me go. Part thriller, part character study, part searing discussion of how girls are treated/treat ourselves in society, this story explores a friendship gone horribly wrong.

After her vivacious best friend, Trixie, dies by suicide, Fiona is lost until she realized that Trixie may not be dead a
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
3.5 STARS

Fiona’s best friend Trixie commits suicide a year after Toby, a popular jock chose the same manner of death. Soon Fiona imagines they’re both alive with new identities. Her longtime crush Beau, Toby’s brother, is in a seemingly permanent alcoholic stupor so Fiona turns to Jasper, Trixie’s friend with benefits. Fiona soon begins to suspect she never really knew her friend.

LAST GIRL LIED TO is filled with liars, those who tell big lies, those who tell small ones. Fiona constantly makes po
CompletelyBooked
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had a really hard time getting through this book. The characters were either boring or annoying to me, the plot wasn’t making me want to find out how things ended, and there just wasn’t anything spectacular about this book that made me excited to pick it up each time to read it.
Kerri
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Took me ages to get into this one. Not sure the ending was worth the wait.
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
I’ll read anything Laurie Elizabeth Flynn writes!
Ashlea
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Image result for jennreneeread blog

See more on our blog at JennRenee Read

I do my review in the form of questions

photo ashmind.png

What made me pick this book up:
It was really a combination of the title and the cover.

What did I like about the cover:
It looks really creepy and ominous. I love how blurred out the girl is, you can't really see her. It matches well with the book I think.

What made me read this book:
I love mystery thrillers. And this one says that it's a gripping emotional thriller.

What did I like the most:
Well first I loved the m
B220
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Toby and Trixie both disappear, no bodies for the funerals. Fiona is dead set that Trixie did not kill herself as people claim. She was her best friend after all-wouldn't she see it coming? Trixie was fierce, she was different, she was everything Fiona wasn't. Why would she walk into the ocean when she knew she couldn't swim? There has to be more to the story.

Fiona begins a quest to try to find her friend, but he efforts lead to a whole lot of her past that she wanted to leave behind, but also
Hauntedbybooks
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Last Girl Lied To was a suspenseful, dark read full of secrets for you to discover! I really liked the writing style and thought it was unique. I loved the fact that the narrator was unreliable. That makes it harder for the reader to figure out the mystery, which I love! I liked the fact that the characters were flawed. I really enjoyed reading Last Girl Lied To! If you like mysteries then you should pick this one up!
Lauren R.
Interesting! This was super addicting to read; I loved the short chapters. I really like that this was about Fiona kind of finding herself and getting out of the shadow of her friends (Jenny, Allison, Trixie), while trying to find Trixie and what may have happened to her. The mix of past and present painted a good picture of their friendship, flaws and all.
Forever Young Adult
Talky Talk: Now And Then
Bonus Factor: Sex, Lies, And Secrets
Anti-Bonus Factor: Toxic Friendships
Relationship Status: Locker Drama

Read the full book report here.
Amber
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last Girl Lied To was an okay mystery that was made more intriguing with its time-jumping chapters. Trixie was a girl full of mystery and it was clear why the main character, Fiona, was drawn to her. Fiona was complex as well, especially as the reader got to see her life and routine when she first met Trixie and after Trixie's apparent suicide. There were some insights from Fiona about her weight and her body image but that minor arc never had a satisfying conclusion. Speaking of conclusions, I ...more
Elizabeth Mathis
Something made him angry that night.
Something made her cry.
Something made Trixie disappear.
What if it was all the same thing?

Trixie’s disappearance is ruled a suicide, but Fiona starts to believe that Trixie isn’t really dead. Piecing together the trail of a girl who doesn't want to be found leads her to Jasper, Trixie’s former f
Amy
Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an eARC of this title for review. All opinions are my own.

Actual rating: 3.5 stars (this seems really nitpicky, but I'll get into my reasoning in a bit)

This book started off on a really high note. The writing was intense, with alternating chapters told in 2nd person, short vignettes about the past written to a girl who is long gone and whom the narrator is desperate to find. Then, as the book went on, there was less and less action
RE Reader
There were many things I liked about this: the premise, the pacing, the shorter chapters (which made for a quick read), the flexible use of time (ie, it goes back and forth in time a fair amount), the urgency felt throughout.

And then there were a couple of things I really disliked -- namely the characters. Other than Alison, I found these characters all came from the same mold: the angsty, unhappy, tunnel-vision, lost-teen stereotype. They were all such a mess, and although I know there are teen
Lindsay
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Fiona was a cheerleader, best friends with the popular girls in school, skinny, and in love with Beau. Then Beau's brother vanishes into the ocean, her BFF claims Beau as her boyfriend, and Fiona walks away from her former life. She happens upon Trixie and a friendship blooms that interweaves into present day, when Trixie has vanished into the ocean as well. Fiona knows Trixie was acting odd over the summer. Changing her hair and makeup, always on her phone, and being secretive. Fiona befriends ...more
Kavanand (Reading for Two)
The Last Girl Lied to is the kind of messy teen drama that will appeal to fans of Pretty Little Liars. Fiona is grieving for her best friend Trixie, who committed suicide over the summer. Starting her senior year, Fiona is still in shock, and she starts to think that the story of Fiona’s suicide doesn’t add up. She seeks out Jasper, the guy Trixie was hooking up with, hoping he’ll have some answers. Fiona and Jasper make a connection, but Fiona also has feelings for the guy she’s been in love wi ...more
Olivia Roberts
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC e-book provided by NetGalley**

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I've been super into the psychological-twisty-mystery-YA novel right now, and Last Girl Lied To totally fit the bill.

First of all, the chapters are really short, and I like that! I think that would be a really good thing, especially for young readers that might not have a super long attention span. Second of all, I sincerely could not figure out the ending. I will admit, I'm a pretty naive reader...but I honestly tried to
Luxe
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour
It's been quite a long time since I've read a contemporary YA thriller so I was really excited when I started reading this one. From the sound of the synopsis, I find it really promising and in the end, I liked the story.

Last Girl Lied To started out full of intrigue which hooked me from the very beginning. The book focuses on Fiona's journey in unearthing the mystery about her best friend's enigmatic suicide. Although the book's concept isn't new in the genre, I found myself liking the book sti
Amelia Coburn
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a HUGE fan of her first book. It was no surprise to me that I loved this book as well.
The ending was a surprise ending and it made me want to immediately reread it. (My sign of a good book).
Originally, I was afraid she wouldnt live up to my expectations. I found myself wanting to find someone else who has read it so we could discuss!
The back doesnt lie, it is a mystery and a bit of a thriller. The main character is trying to find her best friend and is solving her life on the way.
I loved t
Holly Brumback
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last Girl Lied To is an intriguing book that will leave you wondering just how well you know the people in your life.

Fiona and Trixie's relationship starts in an odd fashion and soon the relationship is all encompassing for Fiona. So when Trixie disappears, Fiona doesn't buy it. It makes her start to question everything that has happened between them.

The book does a great job with weaving past vignettes together with the present, which allows you to go along on the same ride as Fiona. You will b
Mandy Peterson
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Last Girl Lied To" was finally a book I could relax and feel myself melt into. The author did an amazing job of keeping the intensity and pacing of this book moving by using shorter chapters and downright solid storytelling. I was completely on board with Fiona and her journey to prove that her best friend didn't really kill herself and may still be alive somewhere. Each element in this story is deliberate and masterfully woven. The lose ends are virtually non-existent. This is a story well wor ...more
Shari Suarez
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trixie Heller walked into the ocean one night and everyone believes it was suicide except Trixie's best friend Fiona.
Fiona can't figure out why Trixie killed herself. She starts to investigate and finds out that maybe she didn't know her friend as well as she thinks. She also wonders how it connects to a previous suicide by a boy who had everything going for him.
The book is told in alternating chapters between present and past. There are several twists and turns in the story involving almost eve
Sonya Mukherjee
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gripped from the first page -- by Fiona, by Trixie, by the unusual way that their friendship starts, and by the intensity of what Fiona clearly feels toward her friend. There are layers of mysteries here, and they go deep into the characters; I wanted to know what happened to Trixie, but I was reading just as much to learn about Fiona and about all the entangled relationships that somehow centered around Trixie and her disappearance. The writing here is so well done, it just pulls you righ ...more
Deborah Hightower
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of Last Girl Lied To by L.E. Flynn. I had some trouble becoming interested in this book about two teenagers that disappear at different times and are presumed dead. The story picked up and became interesting after quite a bit of reading, and then seemed to stall before becoming interesting again towards the end of the book. There was a twist at the end of the book however, this was not a book that held my interest throughout.
Marci Curtis
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a HUGE Laurie Flynn fan (who isn't?!), so I was so excited to read this gem! I inhaled it, naturally, partially because it was so addicting, and partially because of the absolutely gorgeous writing. *heart eyes* Seriously. You'll want to take a highlight pen to this entire book. Dark, delectable, twisty, and totally shocking. Do yourself a favor and read this beauty!
Deborah Maroulis
Laurie Elizabeth Flynn does it again with this gripping mystery/thriller! As usual, her characters are so multi-dimensional and real, I forget they're fictional. I loved the reality of how girls wrestle with body positivity as shown in the main character, Fiona. And the ending? So did not see that coming.

A highly recommended read, multiple times.
Ramona
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this well written book and I look forward to reading more books by this author. This book has a great and easy to follow storyline. I would highly recommend this book to everyone who loves reading thriller books. I won this book through a giveaway on Goodreads website.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood #1)
  • All We Could Have Been
  • The Wise and the Wicked
  • We Told Six Lies
  • Siege
  • The Best Lies
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • The Beckoning Shadow (The Beckoning Shadow #1)
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • Run, Hide, Fight Back
  • Untitled
  • The Lovely and the Lost
Laurie Elizabeth (L.E.) Flynn is the author of YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults pick Firsts and the upcoming Last Girl Lied To, with another thriller to follow in 2020. She is also the author of Wattpad featured series The Boys Tell All. Her other short fiction has been named a finalist for the John Kenneth Gailbraith Literary Award.

Flynn is a former model who worked in Tokyo, Athens, and Paris
“After all, lies that make other people feel better must be kind of okay.” 0 likes