Start by marking “Mist, Metal, and Ash (Ink, Iron, and Glass #2)” as Want to Read:
Mist, Metal, and Ash (Ink, Iron, and Glass #2)

Mist, Metal, and Ash

(Ink, Iron, and Glass #2)

Worlds collide in this thrilling sequel to the epic, imaginative, acclaimed fantasy Ink, Iron, and Glass.

Now Elsa must track
Expected publication: February 19th 2019 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Mist, Metal, and Ash, please sign up.
Shannon Fay I"M pretty confident at this point that yes, yes it is, and it's going to be called Mist, Metal, and Ash

Lina~Blackbird Queen
Apr 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK! I need to know what happens to everyone.
In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea to read this book so soon...
Jan farnworth
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to the amazing debut Ink, Iron, and Glass. This series reminds me a lot of the Map Makers series. I find the concept of being able to create worlds out of words is an amazing concept with so much potential. This series does not let you down with its excitement, danger, and plot twists. I love Elsa and what she stands for in using and preserving her gift to create worlds.

The ending of the first book was so heart wrenching I just had to get my hands on the second book. What we t
Kelsea
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
**This review WILL contain spoilers for the first book Ink, Iron and Glass. Please read at your own risk!**

Quick Summary:
- Loved the unique concept of scribing worlds and all the pazzerellone inventions!
- Took a lot longer for me to become engaged in this book and I felt like the plot was a bit all over the place
- I really hope there is a third book because this book created more unanswered questions!

My Review:

Thank you so much to Imprint for providing me with a review copy of this book via Ne
Chronique de Diana :

Attention, si vous n’avez pas lu le premier tome vous risquez d’être spoilé.

Il est rare que je dise ça mais j’espère qu’il va y avoir un tome trois, tout simplement parce que je sors de ce récit avec encore plus de questions .

Mais remettons un peu en premier lieu le contexte de cette histoire.

C’est un univers unique, je n’ai jamais rien vu ailleurs et ça permet des milliers de possibilité, l’imagination n’a plus aucune limite. A la fin
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Mist, Metal, and Ash (Ink, Iron, and Glass #2) by Gwendolyn Clare, 336 pages. Imprint (Macmillan), Feb 2019. $19

Language: PG-13 (33 swears, 0 ‘f’); Mature Content: G; Violence: PG-13 (some blood and bodies)

BUYING ADVISORY: MS - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Elsa and the others were left behind and betrayed when Leo went off with his brother Aris and the edit book. While Elsa’s heart hurts, she is determined to regain control of the editbook; if Aris learns how to use it, he and Garibaldi coul
Meghan
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We were anxiously waiting this installment because this series totally reminded us of the inkheart series plus after reading the latest installment of the invisible library series, we had a lot of useful information to inspire this review. First off, we absolutely love Elsa and what she stands for in using and preserving her gift. She is basically in our humble opinion one of the most extravagant female heroine that possesses a power of writing. Our patrons also love the name Elsa (from Disney F ...more
Mrs. Kenyon
It is the nineteenth century in Italy and Elsa can create new worlds using script that is written in books. That is a powerful gift and someone has stolen the most powerful of these books – this book can rewrite the Earth. Can Elsa trust someone who betrayed her in order to find the book? What will she discover along the way?

Mist, Metal, and Ash is the second book in the Ink, Iron, and Glass series. This alternate history book is full of adventure and a variety of characters. Clare has taken the
Cathy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Publication date: February 19, 2019 Pre-order today)

Dammit, sucked in again!!! Alternate world/fantasy authors love the sequel. YA authors love the trilogy with some novellas tucked in between. So a YA alternate world/fantasy author? I should know better, but this is really my personal genre of choice, so no, I am just left at the "Edgemist."

This is an action packed, stay up late book. There is always something around the corner and the end words are a great example in craft. No complaints. Th
Karline05 Un brin de lecture
Ce second et dernier opus est une vraie réussite : une aventure haletante, un voyage à cent à l'heure où on a du mal à cerner les bons des méchants parfois. Elsa nous entraîne dans son histoire avec panache à la pointe de son crayon...L'auteure parvient à nous faire rêver dans un récit original et riche sans que jamais on en devine là où elle nous emmène .
Kat
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#NetGalley #YARead2019
What an incredible second novel! No filler book here. Mist, Metal, and Ash is excellent sequel. I feel like this book is better than the first one. The characters are more polished and the story line develops at a steady pace to keep the reader hooked. I recommend this book without any doubts.
Shery Werbelo
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
*It’s more like 3 1/2* I finished this ebook ARC today. I feel like I am just as middle ground on this one as I was with Ink, Iron and Glass. The characters were great and the pace was good. Some plot points were easy to see coming, and some were convenient but overall the story was interesting enough that I wanted to finish to see what happend.
Release date: Feb 19, 2019.
Jessica
RTC

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Bibliofiendlm
Feb 06, 2019
Bibliofiendlm
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
In an alternate 19th-century Italy, Elsa has an incredible gift: she can craft new worlds with precise lines of script written in books. But political extremists have stolen the most dangerous book ever scribed―one that can rewrite the Earth itself. Now Elsa must track down the friend who betrayed her and recover the book before its destructive power is unleashed.

Mist, Metal, and Ash is an imaginative sequel to Ink, Iron and Glass full of intrigue, action, romance and a good dash of surprise plo
Thrashboy666
Jiji Schmidt
Jan 16, 2019
Jessica Laddaga
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This world is one of my favorites.- I love the idea of books being actual, physical worlds . This book (and the first) are action packed and include a fast-paced plot, and interesting characters. I liked Elsa's character in the first novel but she becomes even more polished and developed in the second novel. A great sequel, with many twists and turns-- did not disappoint. Great read.
Laureenlivre
Mira de la curiosithèque
Feb 06, 2019
Dark Viper
Dec 02, 2018
  • Buffy: The High School Years - Parental Parasite (Buffy: The High School Years, #3)
  • Winterdream
  • The Red Queen (Wonderland University #1)
  • Clouded by Envy
  • Hand of Miriam (Bayla and the Golem, #1)
  • The Unicorn's Tail (Artifact Hunters #2.5)
  • Emergence (The Infernal Guard, #1)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Booke of the Hidden (Booke of the Hidden #1)
  • The Slayer and the Sphinx  (The Slayer and the Sphinx, #1)
  • Firestarter (Timekeeper #3)
  • Witches in Wonderland (Wicked in Moonhaven #3)
  • Armored Hearts (Armored Hearts, #1)
  • Blue Bottle Tree
  • Escape from Witchwood Hollow
  • PERfunctory AfFECTION
  • Fields of Gold (Magnificent Devices, #12)
  • Jade (Three J'Amigos, #1)
Gwendolyn Clare's debut novel -- INK, IRON, AND GLASS -- is the first in a steampunk duology about a young mad scientist with the ability to write new worlds into existence, out now from Imprint. Her short stories have appeared in Clarkesworld, Asimov's, and Beneath Ceaseless Skies, among others, and her poetry has been nominated for the Rhysling Award. She holds a BA in Ecology, a BS in Geophysic ...more

Ink, Iron, and Glass (2 books)
  • Ink, Iron, and Glass (Ink, Iron, and Glass, #1)