Start by marking “See How She Dies” as Want to Read:
See How She Dies

See How She Dies

Fear is just the beginning . . .

London Danvers disappeared almost twenty years ago. The youngest child of hotel tycoon Witt Danvers--and the only child with his second wife, Kat--London hasn't been seen since. Over time, many women have claimed to be the long-lost heiress. Adria Nash is the latest. But from the moment Zachary Danvers sees her, he believes Adria is diff
Published November 27th 2018 by Zebra (first published August 1st 2004)

Barbara ★
The fact that the hero (yeah right) had sex with his step mother just grossed me out. The added fact that he also knowingly had sex with his step-sister (same father) was just too much for me. I just couldn't get past the yuck factor though the author tried to get past this fact in the last chapter. LAME!!!

And don't even get me started on Nelson, Jason and Trisha. What a bunch of money-grubbing assholes. Not a likable on in the entire bunch. They got exactly what they deserved though twenty year
Brodiebert
Feb 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
you know it's bad when you are composing the bad review in your head while you are still listening to it.

The only good thing about this book was that I didn't know 'who dun it?' until the end, that's the only thing that kept me hanging on.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Full of plot holes
-they can't do a DNA test to see if she is London because the parents are dead, yet the siblings are alive and kicking, so they could have easily checked them. Also if you're going to leave millions in a Will for someone, would
Nancy
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoopla, gave-up-on
Yuck. How is this rated so high. Narrator good but story is just so weird and unbelievable. And Judy yuck. Gave up around 60%.
Kerri
Nov 19, 2011 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: didn-t-like-it
I just finished reading this umm *what is the polite way to say effing disgusting sh##* incestuous filth. Hey I'll take a good old erotic romance any day but no I cannot take a book where the main love story is whether these almost definitely legal brother and sister (though perhaps not blood related) should give into baser urges. Hold on one sec while I puke.
....
.....
......
Er right, where was I? FAMILY RELATIONS HAVING RELATIONS IS WRONG!!!!

I don't wanna go miss manners on your ass but come o
MuchAdo
Alasandra Alawine
Possibly one of the stupidest plots ever. Adria Nash shows up claiming to be London Danvers who was kidnapped from her very wealth family as a child.

Her half-siblings of course are convinced she is yet another fake even though she bears a strong resemblance to their Step-Mother Kat. Jason (the eldest) hires a private detective to dig up dirt on Adria and uncover the truth. And Zach and Adria fall deeply in love with each other, which is sickening since Adria is suppose to be his HALF-SISTER.

No D
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Yeah, this book wasn’t for me. I couldn’t get passed the lustful looks and thoughts of two people who thought they might be half brother and sister. Whether they end up being so or not, they believe they are. Yet their thoughts never stray from wanting each other sexually.

Additionally there is no way they couldn’t perform DNA test using the siblings. Blatant disregard of facts to create a soap opera worthy plot was yet another reason to DNF.

Not for me.
Steve Center
This book is a romance novel. A cheesy romance masquerading as a suspense thriller.
Jorran
Jul 21, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cannot finish this book.
Ashley Macdonald
It took me a while to finish this and I really only enjoyed the ending and beginning out of the whole book. However, even the parts I enjoyed were a little forced. I found the middle of the book so damn boring, it was a struggle to keep reading. I know it’s not how the story goes but I feel like Adria did have options for paternity tests even through using any of the other Danvers’ DNA.

I felt like things just jumped around a little too much and I definitely got tired of reading about Adria and Z
Kate
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was on okay mystery-lots of red herrings to keep you guessing. But the half sister and brother have sex throughout and there is lots of incest with the stepmom and son and it just grossed me out I have to say. It could also have been about 75-100 pages shorter and wouldn't have hurt the mystery.
Taylor Fenner
Review to Come
Joyce Villeta
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic and very suspenseful. Kept me going. I enjoyed it thoroughly!
Heather
Dec 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful, just awful. Couldn’t keep going. Far too much sappy emotional romantic angst between family members. Gross. I didn’t realize this was a romance novel, are they all like this? Ugh, awful. Barely a thought crosses anyone’s mind that doesn’t involve sexual desire and lust and greed, so the characters are god-awful boring. I can’t fathom how anyone gave this novel 3+*s. Awful.
K
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey
Feb 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my. While this was probably not the worst book I've ever read, and I did actually finish it - I just couldn't handle the plot line. It was like a bad 70s/80s soap opera that has jumped the shark. I mean, the love interests are potentially brother and sister!!! Seriously, in a real situation like that you most certainly would WAIT until you knew for sure whether you were brother and sister or not before you fall in love with each other. Beyond weird. Beyond.
And I guessed the "bad guy"/s right
Peggy
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finised-books
Erth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Tanya
Apr 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW...What a great book! I was a little grossed out by the relationship of the main character and her interest, but since it happened more towards the end of the book, there was no way I was going ti stop reading it! =)
Lillian
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
just okay story. I am annoyed by all the typos, though - don't authors have editors and proof readers anymore?
Peggy
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story about the Dever family was great, it kept me thinking on who did it. I figured out one person but didn't get the other person and the end was a complete surprise to me.
Allison
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Jackson never lets me down
Karin Hodges
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great one by Lisa Jackson

Loved the characters and plot. Had guessed the killer but had no idea how the plot was going to twist. A great read.
Amanda Wallace
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. It was full of suspense and emotion and truly kept me guessing until the end.
Phyllis Lee
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you up all night and keeps you guessing.

I loved this book, but I've never read a Lisa Jackson book that I didn't love. She is my favorite author and has been for many years.
Nancy
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good writing but some facets of the plot were a little disturbing. That's all I'll say so I don't ruin the plot for you.
Mary Stewart
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good old fashioned mystery- kept me guessing until the end.
JudyAnn White
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I could not put it down. Had to keep reading to stay up with everything. Would really recommend this book to anyone. Hope you enjoy it to!
Chana
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-romance
Sex and nonsense, but readable.
  • Sweet Baby
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Silent Killer (Griffin Powell, #10)
  • If She Should Die
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2; John Mancini #4)
  • Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)
  • Unseen
  • Haunting Rachel
  • Tag, You're It!
  • Fade To Black
  • Forever Mine
  • Killing Kelly (Soap Opera, #3)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

“His only lead was Ginny Slade, aka Virginia Watson Slade, and he’d have to track her down, but it wouldn’t be easy. It would take time and money. Lots and lots of Danvers money.” 0 likes