Start by marking “The Little Book Café: Emma’s Story (The Little Book Café #2)” as Want to Read:
The Little Book Café: Emma’s Story (The Little Book Café #2)

The Little Book Café: Emma’s Story

(The Little Book Cafe #2)

Escape to the seaside for a new three-part series for fans of The Canal Boat Cafe and Willow Cottage

When Emma she discovers that Berecombe’s fabulous book café is running a literary course for beginners, she is excited to give it a try. She’s always wanted to study more, and it doesn’t hurt that Joel, the suave and charming new teacher is pretty easy on the eye…

The mor

Published September 21st 2018 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book Café, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book Café

Start your review of The Little Book Café: Emma’s Story (The Little Book Café #2)
Hannah
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast and enjoyable read.
Karen Whittard
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Part two of the new The little book cafe series and this time we meet the lovely Emma and Ollie.

Emma works in the estate agents along side Tash who we met in the first book. Emma and Tash joined the Little Cafe’s book club. Run by Amy which runs in the same building as Millie Vanillas cupcakes. Which is so lovely because you get to catch up on all the characters from Georgina’s first book. I just love how these books are interwoven.

Emma lives at home with her parents and her brother. She is da
Nicola Clough
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first part in this series and was great to continue it on with a different person and was an engrossing read and full of romance and heartbreak and what you really want from life and who is best for you. Great to hear more from the book club people and the setting is brilliant you want to be there yourself. Worth a read as so good and has you hooked.
This part is all about Emma who learns the book cafe are offering a literacy course so decides to join and give it a try. Prob
Frenchorchidea
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another perfect book from "The Little Book Café" series from Georgia Hill! This book is pretty short and a page-turner, so if you are looking for a lovely quick read this one is for you! In this second part we follow Emma. She is about to discover what is true love and what are the real values of love, friendship and family. I really enjoyed this second part. I even almost cried a little at the end. This was an excellent read but I must say not as excellent as the first part which was more than ...more
Gaele
Emma is a local girl who can’t wait to get out of her parent’s house: she loves them dearly but the only way for her to escape the noise and chaos is to disappear into books. Working at the local estate agents with Tash, she’s making money – but without any qualifications (and having done what many do with school – more focused on making money) she’s feeling stuck. But she’s got some plans – she and Ollie, her long term boyfriend, are saving to buy a place of their own, and finding their place i ...more
Sally Coles
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma is desperate to leave her noisy family home and find somewhere to live with her boyfriend Ollie, but saving is boring and she is a vibrant person who wants to be our enjoying life, especially when she hardly sees Ollie lately as he is always out training with the RNLI. She decides to do something totally different and enrols on a literary writing course. From the beginning she is attracted to the course tutor Joel...... but is he all he seems and will she be drawn away from Ollie?

Another l
Stacey
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great way to go back to Berecombe again. I adored the first novella in this little series so I was really looking forward to going back again and reading more about the characters. Straight from the off there's drama and that just caught my attention immediately and I found the whole storyline so engaging. The cover is so cute and I love the colours, it just looks so inviting!

The story this time follows Emma, who works alongside Tash (who was the main character of the first novella) as an
Mel Rawoteea
Jan 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
My Thoughts

Emma’s Story is the second book in the three part series. I didn’t enjoy this one as much as the others, but still liked meeting all the characters again. Emma works with Tash in the town’s real estate agents and is quite frustrated and bored with her life.

“There was always too much noise and too many arguments going on in this house. And, at the same time, nothing ever changed.”

Emma is a member of the small book club in Berecombe, along with Tash and Amy (from the other 2 books) and
Silke
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The fact that I truly enjoyed Emma as character really improved the reading experience for me. I could really focus on what was going on and didn’t need to keep myself from screaming at the main character. This time we got to see a little more from the Little Book Café and I loved it. Emma is an avid reader and she loves to escape in books. Because of her love for all things Poldark I really want to read that book series for myself. So yes, I have read a book that makes me want to buy more books ...more
Jane Hunt
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emma uses the Little Book Cafe to escape from her family and a less than exciting relationship with Ollie her long-term boyfriend. She loves her work as an estate agent but a new staff member wants to get ahead at any cost, and she forces Emma to question her life choices and makes the workplace yet another source of stress in Emma's life. A classic literature evening class gives her a much-needed escape but also endangers everything she loves.

Again this story has a darker side, Joel her attract
Kim
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first in the series. Emma is just too Poldark crazy for me. And honestly if she was such a big fan she'd have already read ALL of the Poldark books herself. So some of that storyline did not make sense to me.

Again a quick entertaining read though.
Sammm
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A digitized ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Debo
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely escapism and great the series is all centred on one of the characters so you see the different perspectives. It’s not unique but it’s gently entertaining.
Lisa M
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to HarperImpulse for the chance to read this advanced readers copy via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was part 2 in a 3-part series and I raced through, much like with the first part. Yes they're short but they are just so fast paced you cannot put them down! The wider story is about a book club that meets at a cafe/bookshop - we met Tash in Book 1 and now it's Emma's turn to be highlighted.

Emma has been with Ollie since school and is beginning to wonder if their futur
Lyndsay
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
really enjoyed the second part on this series
Erika
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Part Two of The Little Book Café... Emma's Story... we return to the quaint town of Berecombe which feels like a coffee with an old friend, warm, familiar, and heart-warming.

We met Emma in the first instalment of this series... she works in the Estate Agents with Tash. They joined the Little Café's Book Club which is run by Amy in the adjoining building to Millie Vanilla's Cupcake Café.
I love that we get to catch up with characters from the first instalment.

Emma lives at home with her parents a
Emma
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a preview copy of this book from Netgalley.
This book is book 2 in the Little book cafe series. The book follows Emma's story. Estate Agent Emma questions her life when a new Estate Agent starts at her office. She feels uneducated, compared to the other staff, as she didn't really like school, and has few qualifications. She has been going to the book club at the cafe, as she likes books and reading. She meets Joel an older,charming and sophisticated tutor who encourages her to join hi
Grace J Reviewerlady
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I find myself lying in bed shaking with laughter, my hand over my mouth whilst disturbing the slumbers of my OH, I know I'm enjoying this author's latest novel - and it is a cracker!

This time round we find out more about Emma who works in the estate agent's office alongside Tash, who was the focus of the first book in this lovely series. As a member of the Book Club, now a permanent fixture thanks to Millie, Emma get the opportunity to further her education. Never a star at school, she know
Cara Ross
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m super excited to be reading the next installment of The Little Book Café, I really enjoyed the first book, and now we are back with the ever so eccentric Emma, who feels like she is stuck in a rut! She is dying to get out of her parents home and move in with her hunky boyfriend Ollie, but he is devoted to the Berecombe RNLI training, and they are saving every penny so they can afford somewhere, but to Emma, it seems to be taking too long. So to escape from the noise and chaos at home, Emma e ...more
Stacy Walton
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
My return to the quaint town of Berecombe felt like a coffee with an old friend, warm, familiar, and heartwarming. Having met several characters in the first installment I already felt like part of the family and was able to dive straight into the storyline. Having said that, the book is structured well enough to ensure that if this is your first visit to Berecombe you won't feel left on the back foot.

The plot isn't a gritty read like the first book but simmers gently in a charming easy to read
Kirsty
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in The Little Book Cafe series, and this time, it focuses on Emma, and predominantly her relationship with long term boyfriend Ollie. They've been together since they were younger, but recently Emma has found herself getting distracted and bored, and then teacher Joel comes into her life. Will Emma's head get turned?

I enjoyed this book. It was nice to read about Emma, having first been introduced to her in Tash's story. I did think that at the start of the book, she didn'
Meghan
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Little Book Cafe, Part II, continues the lovely story of this quaint beach side town but focuses more on Emma. Emma is Tash assistant at the realtor office and has been satin Ollie on and off her whole life. She wants to strive for me and see what else the world has to offer. She enrolls in a literature class being offered at the book shop being taught by a Professor from Exeter and she really is enjoying it and the possibilities it makes her think of. Will Emma change her life and expand he ...more
Amber
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Received a complimentary copy of this e-book ARC from the publishers, the author and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Emma is a realtor who loves Ross Poldark and all things literature. When she finds out that there is a literature course being held at the Little Book Café , she signs up for it. Will she be able to find her Ross Poldark at the class? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good chic-lit romance novel and the second installment of the Little Book Café Seri
Becky disneyallthe_way
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful book I really enjoyed it. It made it all the more personal as I live in Exeter so I knew a lot of the places mentioned. The cafe and the bookshop sounded so warm and cosy that I wished I could pop in!
I thought the characters being split into sections to tell their own story was a great idea, and I loved all 3 of the girls in the book. It was a heartwarming story and perfect for this time of year. It also makes you put yourself in someone else’s shoes, you never know what is
Mrs J R Davies
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I loved this book, I started reading this book yesterday and it took me a day to read it, that's how great it is.
Emma and Ollie lose their way a little, Emma loved Poldark the series and starts going to a book club, only to get fascinated by Joel, who in my opinion is a jerk.
Ollie is involved with the RNLI and is very excited about the training, Emma gets bored with hearing about it, and they do break up, read the book to find out what happens between them, and the other characters in
Lynn McCrum
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment in the series and it felt good to be back with old friends!

Emma and Olly have been together since their school days and seem to be just plodding along. A series of lectures at the Book Shop Cafe with the intellectual Joel leave Emma wondering whether Olly really is the one or if she is destined for better things.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an advanced read copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
Kel
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this straight after reading Tash's story and loved how the book carried straight on the same time line.

These are brilliant short stories that give you different insights to the lives of the close group of friends.

A perfect read to curl up with and get to know these lovely characters at the little book cafe
Tessa
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a sweet story about appreciating and loving the wonderful peoples in our lives. I must say that I did find the main character difficult to relate to or even like, but the village seemed full of fun characters.
Thank you NetGalley, Harper Impulse, and Killer Reads for an eARC!
Suzanne L Gagnon
Such a great character

Dear Emma such an interesting character her journey of self discovery is so well written. She is so down to earth a lot like the village she was born in, smart & self educated. I would love to meet her she and I share a great admiration for Ross Poldark ha ha. Hers proved a bit costly but also brought a new understanding of what matters in her life. Loved it!
Lucien Welsh
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, netgalley, romance
3.5/5

More predictable than Rash’s story but so cute. I may have to give Poldark a go because of this book.

• Christmas at the Café at the End of the Pier (Café at the End of the Pier #4)
  • Snowed in at The Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 4)
  • The Christmas Cafe at Seashell Cove
  • Christmas at The Little Duck Pond Cafe
  • Summer at The Little Duck Pond Cafe
  • Autumn at the Café at the End of the Pier (Café at the End of the Pier #3)
  • New Beginnings at the Star and Sixpence (Last Orders at the Star and Sixpence, #1)
  • Christmas on Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #5)
  • Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 1)
  • A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 5)
  • A Gift from the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #5)
  • Don’t Go Baking My Heart
  • A Wedding at The Cosy Cottage Café (The Cosy Cottage Cafe, #5)
  • New Starts and Cherry Tarts at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #1)
  • Christmas at the Little Cornish Gift Shop
  • A Wedding on Lily Pond Lane
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - Trick or Treat: Part Four (Lily Pond Lane, #4)
  • The Little Christmas Teashop of Second Chances (Castle Cove #2)

The Little Book Cafe (3 books)
  • The Little Book Café: Tash’s Story (The Little Book Café #1)
  • The Little Book Café: Amy’s Story (The Little Book Café #3)