Start by marking “Twelfth Night (Shakespeare Stories)” as Want to Read:
Twelfth Night (Shakespeare Stories)

Twelfth Night (Shakespeare Stories)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  170 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A simplified version of William Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night'.
With notes on: Shakespeare and the Globe Theatre
Appearance in Twelfth Night
Published 2003 by Orchard Books (first published August 8th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Twelfth Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twelfth Night

J. White
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: John Von
Twelfth Night in this series was not as good as Romeo And Juliet. However, still a good read.

Recommended.
Marie
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want to read more Shakespeare's but didn't know where to start so I bought the kids versions of his works. They are easy to understand and have some nice illustrations to look at, plus the covers are in my opinion so cute. Twelfth Night is entertaining and I will defiantly be reading the original.
Marta
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
A well-done retelling of "Twelfth Night" for children, it's simple and flowing without trivialising the story. Two afterwords explore the theme of appearances in the play and give some historical context. Good introduction to Shakespeare.
Leanne
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my First time reading this but it is now one of my favourites. I enjoyed the whole twins aspect it reminded a lot of a movie. It was highly enjoyable and I was glad that in the end everyone, well almost everyone got their happy ending
Karen
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ellie, jacob, mom
Read for term 2 Ambleside online...krb 2/16/18
Sara
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shakespeare
Though really cheesy I really enjoyed Twelfth Night. A comedy about love, the power of twins and how we judge people by their appearance and not their personality. As all of Shakespeare's plays there is a lesson to be taught. In the notes of 'Appearance In Twelfth Night' it says "Shakespeare shows how misleading appearances can be, and that what is in peoples' hearts is far more important than the clothes they wear. Viola and her identical twin brother Sebastian look so much alike you can hardly ...more
Den
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, children, teen
I was never into Shakespeare at school but after going to see Propeller perform a couple of plays a few months ago I realised they were not as bad as I thought.
It is more funny because in those days men played women and this was the same with Propellor. So when Viola appears as Cesario, it is a man pretending to be a girl pretending to be a boy - confusing!!!!

I actually think it is more confusing in the book than on the stage.

The illustrations and language (not Shakespearian) will make it appea
Lizzie
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Twelfth Night is my favourite Shakespeare play and I really enjoyed this version. I loved that it wasn't written like a play but like a story so it helped me with my understanding of the script. I would really recommend this book for people studying the actual script and want a better understanding or just show a general interest in the play.
Supriya J
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was so good! Loved how easy it was to understand this edition... Even though it is meant for children, I think any person who wants to start reading Shakespeare, but is apprehensive about understanding the text should start here. The illustrations were lovely as well!
Lynn Merriman
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very easy to read- rewritten in very simple terms and languauge especially for children. I havent read the original but at least now i know the basis for the story. great for kids, parents and quizzers wh wuld prefer not to read the real thing!
Amina
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like the book 'Twelfth Night' by Andrew Matthews because I like the way it got me muddled up and how I think of it is quite funny. :-)
Valkryie
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holly
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Simplified, story form of the original play. Incredibly enjoyable, fast read. Just become my favourite Shakespeare so far!
Shayma
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Cute and simple for kids. Silly and cute. Has a nice flow.
Beth
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: primary-ed, own-this
Really enjoyed this children's adaptation and I would definitely like to read the Shakespeare original play of it.

It is a great comedy and I would definitely read it again!!!!
Amal Aldrees
Nov 03, 2011
Russ
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: literature, own, childrens
A great introduction to Shakespeare for kids. My eight-year-old daughter loves this series.
Cali
Sep 06, 2017
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Librarian Note: There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads database.

Andrew Matthews was born in South Glamorgan in 1948. Andrew taught English in Hampshire after which he became a full-time writer. He lives in Reading with his wife and their cats. Andrew's work has been widely translated and he has made numerous appearances at schools and libraries throughout the UK.

Source: United
More about Andrew Matthews

Shakespeare Stories (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Antony and Cleopatra (Shakespeare Stories)
  • As You Like It (Shakespeare Stories)
  • Hamlet (Shakespeare Stories)
  • Henry V (Shakespeare Stories)
  • Julius Caesar (Shakespeare Shorts)
  • King Lear (Shakespeare Stories)
  • Macbeth: A Shakespeare Story
  • The Merchant of Venice (Shakespeare Stories)
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare Stories)
  • Much Ado About Nothing