Start by marking “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Men I've Dated” as Want to Read:
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Men I've Dated

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Men I've Dated

Not so long ago in a galaxy of single men ...

Rory Egglehoff is looking for her knight, but she seems to attract only nerds ... until Hunter Chase touches down in the office next door.

Her high-school crush and quintessential dream man, Hunter sends Rory's pulse into hyperdrive. Now all she needs is to get gorgeous Hunter to notice her, take her to their high-school reunion,
Published April 26th 2005 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Men I've Dated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Men I've Dated

Start your review of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Men I've Dated
Krista Basilio
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another fairy tale chick lit book: You have your doesn't think she's pretty heroine with her oh-so-beautiful best friend and the hot guy with a heart of gold. But this one has lots of Star Wars references, vegetarians, and hippies.

It is uh-some!
Jul 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I couldn't finish this. I didn't like or feel empathetic toward the main character at all, so I wasn't rooting for her or caring much if she got what she wanted. I couldn't take all of the self-hatred. Everyone has their issues, but I felt like she saw literally nothing good in herself.
P. Kirby
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: keepers, romance
Today, I saw this book, in its "So yellow you can see it from space" cover, sitting on my bookshelf and decided to add it here as a reminder to reread it one of these days.

It's fluffy. Like kittens and puppies. And light as a feather. It's plagued with tired tropes: cute girl who is convinced she isn't cute meets up with the hot guy from high school and love ensues...if she can get past her hangups.

But it's one of the few books I've purchased in years, largely because the whole Star Wars geek
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
light and fluffy. I had a hard time believing this woman was in her early 30s. she acted like she was maybe 14. she was very hung up on high school for a woman who went to a large college and boasted a 70k/yr job at a big accounting firm. it wasn't bad, per se, it was fine. just felt a bit disappointing because the heroine could have been so much more.
Lisa Mandina
May 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sarah, Charlotte
I loved this book! I was laughing out loud. I so related to the main character, Rory. As soon as I finished I looked up the author to see if she had any more books, and immediately ordered the other one I found called Reality TV Bites. One thing I loved is at the end of the book they had lots of other things she'd written about her life, her book, etc. The author is a high school teacher and so she included an interview with a student (not sure if it was real, but it sounded just like an ...more
Debbie
The reason I liked this book so much was because the main character was me sans the hippie family. Geek - check. Vegetarian - check. Still wishing for Han Solo to come sweep me away? - check check check. I think for anyone else, the Star Wars references might be annoying; I loved them all. So where's my handsome successful prince charming that will put up with all my eccentricities and quirks?
Kim
Jan 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Though I wasn't as impressed with this book as I was Bolks' other book (As Seen on TV), I really enjoyed it. The Star Wars references were a bit much at times, but it was fairly endearing so I could handle it. You just have to root for the main character in this one! I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys cheesy chick lit.
Brie
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
I liked it as a cute, fluffy beach read. It didn't require any kind of consistancy or thought really. Also, the Star Wars references throughout were pretty refreshing since girls in literature aren't typically so "dorky."

Take it to the beach or read it in the tub, but don't expect it to be more than it is.
Melissa Rochelle
Jan 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Trekkies
Another fairy tale chick lit book: you have your doesn't think she's pretty heroine with her oh-so-beautiful best friend...and the hot guy with a heart of gold. But this one has lots of Star Wars references, vegetarians, and hippies.

It's a good time.
Bethany
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was ok. Her constant exclamations in her internal monologue annoyed me. It has a good moral too. But for a 32 year old, you'd think she would have figured some of these things out sooner. I like that the nerdy girl ends up with the hunk though. And the title doesn't fit the story at all.
Natalya
Sep 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
While this book had some funny moments and the characters were interesting and distinct enough and many details clearly from heart felt experience, overall i didnt feel it was well written and i even abandoned reading it once or twice
Karen
Sep 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
I thought it was funny. The main character graduated HS in 1990 like me and well I totally relate to many of the episodes she got herself into. Conversations reminded me of ones I had with my best friend. Lots of references to Star Wars. I cracked up. Needed this one after the last book I read.
Sarah Andre
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have not laughed this hard in years. Fabulous story that captures the 'geek pining for the Homecoming King' in all of us. If this were ever made into a movie it would have the Brigette Jones angst romance cult appeal. Highly recommend!
Beth K
Apr 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2009
Ok so this fairy tale was full of stereotypes that are reinforced in high school about jocks and nerds and the popular kids. it also has stereotypes about hippies. oh, and lots of Star Wars references, which were about the only thing i liked about it.
Rebekah
Jan 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was just a fun book to read and I couldn't believe how much I related to the main character....except for her affinity for Star Wars. I actually emailed the author to tell her how much I enjoyed it and she emailed me back.
Kelly
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
Cute fluffy romance.

Will the Star Wars Nerd Girl get her Jedi knight in shining armor?

Maybe -- if the force is with her!
Buffywnabe
May 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sarah and Charlotte
I loved this book!! I so identified with the main character, but my geekiness is about Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Cate
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sell-back, 2013
meh, it was okay. funny at times, but mostly just a bit frustrating.
Tedra
Jul 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by a friend and I was reluctant to read it at first. Rory's obsession with Star Wars in the book was odd, but overall it was pleasant to read.
Kimberly Boone
Aug 28, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: chick lit
A light, funny read about a nerdy, Star Trek loving girl trying to score her Prince Charming...and her trials and tribulations along the way.
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A funny book about a super Star Wars fan who gets a chance to date her old high school crush. She just has to convince him she's a cool and sexy girl, not just a nerf herder.
Julie Klein
May 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
I actually couldn't finish this book because the main character is so annoying.
Barbara Ixba
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a cute novel about finding love and finding yourself. Maybe not the most memorable novel I've ever read, but it was a fun read.
Mickey
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Well, imagine chick lit meets Star Wars fandom with hippies and a childhood crush thrown in. That's pretty much what you get with this novel.
Cathy
Feb 28, 2008 rated it liked it
I'm in the middle of this one right now. It's pretty good, but I've had a harder time getting into this one.
Cori Wong
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was really fun and romantic to read. Very cute.
Heather
Ugh hated it?.nerdy girl prettified and gets hot guy?bah
AMY
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Ha ha ha not a SW lover but it hadmy laughing
Chi Dubinski
May 17, 2012 rated it liked it
33 year old accountant and Star Wars geek lusts after the popular jock from high school, as their fifteenth reunion looms. Very lightweight romance.
Jamie
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Quick read. The Star Wars references were a bit much at times.

• Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants
  • Wrong Number Text (Love in Brazen Bay, #1)
  • The Balance
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • All Out: A Father and Son Confront the Hard Truths That Made Them Better Men
  • On Fire: The Case for the Green New Deal
  • Empire of Wild
  • The Stationery Shop
  • Kill or Cure (Edwina Crusoe, #6)
  • Wild and Crazy Guys: How the Comedy Mavericks of the '80s Changed Hollywood Forever
  • Hummus and Homicide (Kebab Kitchen Mystery #1)
  • Dead in the Water (Mattie Winston Mysteries #8)
  • Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters, #2)
  • Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters, #1)
  • Straight from the Hip (Lone Star Sisters, #3)
Pseudonym:
Shana Galen

ABOUT ME
For as long as I can remember I've been a storyteller. Just ask my little sister how often I kept her up at night, telling her stories into the wee hours. Of course, she loved them and was only pretending to be asleep!
When I got old enough to write, I started writing my stories. One of my first attempts at a story about Star Wars is in the Little Black Book section