Start by marking “Falling leaves” as Want to Read:
Falling leaves

Falling leaves

She thought she had lost him forever, but now he’s back.

Twenty-three-year-old Vanessa is adrift in London. A year out of university and marooned in a quietly deflating relationship, she can’t work out where her passion and creativity went – and on top of that, she is experiencing frightening visions, and an overwhelming sadness that doesn’t seem to belong to her.

Then somet
Published March 15th 2018 by Salt Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Falling leaves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling leaves

Jackie Law
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
“None of the feelings that usually accompanied this transition materialised. I didn’t get the prickly dread at the thought of seeing my mother, or the dull sinking feeling that I was travelling back in time to a place I no longer belonged, that I was getting further and further away from my real life, my world, leaving the present and future behind, that Llangoroth was just a model made out of the past.”

Falling Leaves, by Stefan Mohamed, is a story of time travel. Not of the sort associated with
Brian
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At the age of fifteen Vanessa's best friend, Mark, vanished without trace leaving her confused and deeply traumatised. She grieved for him, but eventually picked up the pieces of her life , stumbled through university and drifted aimlessly into a series of deadbeat jobs. Now, without warning, seven years later, Mark has reappeared, apparently totally untouched by time. He still looks like a teenage boy and has no memory of where he has been all this time.

It's a compelling premise and Stefan Moh
Jen
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
The usual cleverly crafted, slightly unnerving, creepy, pop-culture blast of whirlwind fiction you'd expect from Stefan, but with added what the fuck and a side order of brutal honesty about the drifting confusion of being young and trying to find your place.

If you're a fan of the Bitter Sixteen trilogy this is a departure from those, but I still think you'll love the realistically flawed characters having to deal with creepy other-worldly manifestations of nightmares...did I mention creepy?

As
Anne Goodwin
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Falling Leaves is a page-turning adventure story about marginalised identities and the gulf between the early and late stages of adolescence.
Full review
Friends reunited: Ponti & Falling Leaves https://annegoodwin.weebly.com/1/post...
Annalisa Crawford
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I had no idea what I was buying when I bought this book in response to Salt's #JustOneBook campaign. I scrolled their pages, and this cover attracted me the most.

It's a great story, with great pace and fantastic characters. The final chapter is a work of art as all the pieces are thrust into place.

FYI: I read this book in a single day, taking a two hour break for the England v Panama 6-1 stonker, and keeping up with the other two games... it was that absorbing!
Mouse
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Nothing groundbreaking about that novel, maybe, but it was still a very sweet story with characters you could't help but liking. The magic realism was well written and made me want to keep going with each new page. Sometimes you don't need anything more ;)
Fiona M
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I read a lot of books I usually remember where I’ve bought them or who gave them to me. Not so this book have no memory of buying it or being given it. As it seemed second hand I am assuming I got it at Barter Books. Anyway something made me pick it up. Back cover was not genre so the mystery deepened but for some reason I started reading it and I loved it.
It’s about a girl whose best friend at 16 disappears and then 7 years later re appears but he’s still 16 and someone very frightenin
Katie Williams
Sep 12, 2019
Maria Wyles
is currently reading it
Sep 29, 2018
Stefan Mohamed graduated from Kingston University’s creative writing programme with a first class degree and the creative writing prize for his year.

He went on to win the unpublished writer’s category of the Dylan Thomas Prize for his coming of age superhero crossover novel, Bitter Sixteen, which feature probably the world's coolest superhero sidekick – a talking beagle (and die-hard Bogart fan)