Start by marking “Dark Water Rising” as Want to Read:
Dark Water Rising

Dark Water Rising

Sam and Haley Quaid buried their ten-year-old son and then ended their marriage, all in one week. It wasn’t a volatile divorce, but three years later, except for trading Christmas cards, Sam and Haley have completely lost touch…until a dramatic weather report sets their paths on a collision course once more.

Tropical Storm Gladys is heading straight toward coastal Texas, an
Published January 29th 2019 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Dark Water Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Water Rising

Pamela(AllHoney)
After the death of their son, Haley Quaid divorces her husband, Sam Quaid, and moves to Houston to become a real estate agent. It has been three years and Haley finally calls Sam. Haley has an accident in a home she was supposed to show but the couple backed out at the last minute. And her vehicle is gone. Meanwhile, a hurricane is headed her way. And to top it all off there are 2 escaped prisoners in the area.

It seemed odd to call her ex-husband who is hours away in Dallas instead of trying to
Tonya Lucas
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since I picked up King’s Ransom some 13 years ago, Sharon Sala has been my favorite romantic suspense author.
Dark Water Rising just might be my favorite book by this talented author, to date.
Ms. Sala has the gifted ability to grab her fans from the 1st page and keep delivering nail-biting drama until the final sentence.
Sam and Haley Quaid weaved themselves into my heart and soul.
My heart went out to Haley and the tragic situation that nearly took her life.
I can’t begin to imagine what it
Dawn ♥ romance
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
A really good romantic suspense with lots of fast paced exciting action that I read all in one sitting. During all the intrigue we watch a couple who independently recovered from a tragic event and re-build their relationship. Realtor Haley gets trapped in a house during a hurricane and calls for help from her ex-husband Sam, a private investigator.
Mustang
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Sala has written over 100 books and each book she writes just gets better and better.

Sam and Hailey Quaid face a tragedy together and it rips them apart, with Hailey seeking a divorce. Sam’s last words are “If You Every need me, call me”.

A few years down the road, Hailey is in Houston, Texas and is a real estate agent getting ready to show a beautiful home in an upper class residence.

She finds herself in the middle of a Hurricane, hurt and the plot takes a dramatic twist that puts her li
Kate Vale
Set in the Houston hurricane, divorced Haley Quaid is now a successful realtor after the death of her son that also killed her marriage to private detective, Sam Quaid. Haley has to prepare to show an upscale house and is determined to do so before the hurricane hits, but she doesn't make it and ends up being discovered, injured from a fall down the stairs, by a pair of escaped prisoners. When she realizes her danger, she calls Sam, convinced he might save her.

Fortunately, she's right, but not
Carolina
Reconciliation!

Excellent! Sharon Sala has penned a beautiful story of reconciliation. Sam and Haley went through a parent’s worst nightmare only to experience more devastation during and after a hurricane. They fight their way through to become stronger than before. Suspenseful!
Mimi Woods
Another stunning Sala story

Sharon Saks never disappoints! I was hooked from the opening paragraph and didn't get anything else accomplished until the closing paragraph! This story covered every facet of the human experience. Thanks, again, Shaon!
Carol Kidd
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book was spectacular and I didn't want to put it down and I didn't want it to end. Sharon Sala you did a fantastic job in this book.
charmaine White
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I couldn't put this one down.Sharon Sala held me from the very first page until the last one.I'm already waiting for her next book.
Lisa Gibbs
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam and Haley Quiad lost their son when he was only 10 years old. The loss completely devastated Haley. She was blind to Sam's pain and made a hasty decision to divorce him. The tragic death of a child can sometimes tear a couple apart when most people think it should bring them together.

Haley moved to Houston, sought help for her grief and the loss of herself, her child, and her marriage. She threw herself into her work and became a highly successful relator. Sam never remained and he still li
Sandra
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Convicts and Credibility

Sharon Sala is one of my Go-To authors but I have a hard time squaring “Dark Water Rising” with her other books I’ve read. The plot line of Haley and Sam Quaid’s easy reunion while facing down two escaped convicts during a hurricane is barely plausible. Mae, mother to one of the convicts, stretched the bounds of credibility with her escapades, especially her confrontations with her deceased husband’s paramours. All four of them. But I have to ask, what did any of that ha
DONNA JENNINGS
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me Sala did it again it was a great read.loved Sam and Haley a great couple .This is what !ov e should be like constant and faithful.there was passion but not uncontrolled lust.This couple had passed lust to unbelievable tragedy.. Their love had carried them through .This is the kind of book that I love to read an sure some of the little humorous

To us stories actually happened to someone ms. salahas known. The personal pad and action figure sounds like something my son would have done .Mae Arnol
Robin Brennan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Cassandra Bertrand
This has to be her worst book. Every single thing was detailed . Absolutely boring. I found myself skipping and jumping hoping I would find something interesting. A pity I cannot ask for my money back. One should be able to get a refund. I would not recommend this book.

This has to be her worst book.Every single thing was detailed.Absolutely boring.I found myself skipping and jumping,hoping I would find something interesting.A pity I cannot ask for my money back. One should be able to get a refun
Angela
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story. I'm a sucker for second chance love stories and that's what this is when you get past all the shootings and action parts of the book. Haley and Sam had a good chemistry and I was surprised by how fast things had unraveled for them at the start of the book. I'm happy by how things ended for the main characters and having read a bunch of books in a series lately I'm glad that this is a stand a lone book.
Cindy Krupp
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Sala doesn’t disappoint!

Sharon Sala has become one of my favorite “go to” authors. This is a story of the interweaving of the lives of people randomly encountered in a tragic occurrence and second chances. Sam and Haley, at times, seemed a little too good to be true, but overall a fun escape, hard to put down. Looking forward to see where Ms Sala takes us next!
Maebhe
Feb 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
The blurb and the plot of this book sounded exactly like what I love to read but I really hated the writing style. It was really stilted and the characters just didn't work for me. Might work for others but just not my cup of tea. Sorry.
Barbara Bland
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely outstanding! This was one I could not put down! I promise you; you will love it! Enough said! You need to read this. The characters are very believable.
Annastasia Sikel
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very different. Fast moving and kept my attention from start to finish.
Myrna Ocasio
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Sala does it again!

Oh man she always delivers! Wonderfully written, believable characters that grip you from the first word all the way to the last. My favorite author!
Vivian
2.5-star read
Konnie M. Stamps
Sharon Sala at her best AGAIN!

I loved the storyline from beginning to end - hopefully we will hear more about the Quaids in the near future.
Linda
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Sam and Haley lost their son, their marriage ended as well. Three years later, except for Christmas cards, they don't have any contact. Tropical Storm Gladys is heading straight toward coastal Texas, and locals are anxious as they prepare for potential devastation. Haley, a Realtor, has an appointment to show a property and is determined to keep it, but a hurricane isn’t the only looming danger: news reports talk of two prisoners who’ve escaped from a nearby penitentiary only a few miles fr ...more
Bengt Granskog
Feb 06, 2019
Jeannie
Feb 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Crazy for You (Life and Love on the Lam, #2)
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • The Cotswolds Cookery Club: A Taste of Italy
  • A Message to Your Heart
  • Cardinal Cabin
  • The Alvares Bride (The Barons, #6)
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1)
  • The St. Tropez Lonely Hearts Club
  • The Terrace
  • Cold As January (The Tough Ladies, #1)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Annie's Christmas by the Sea
  • Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • Cowboy SEAL Christmas (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #3)
  • Perfect Sins (Gabriel Ash and Hazel Best, #2)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader