Start by marking “Lilac Lane” as Want to Read:

(Chesapeake Shores #14)

Chesapeake Shores has always represented home and family for the O'Briens, but in Lilac Lane , the community extends its healing powers to a woman recovering from overwhelming griefSingle mom Kiera Malone struggled for years to raise her three children in a small town on the coast of Ireland. Just when she's let down her guard and allowed herself to love again, her fianc� ...more
Expected publication: January 22nd 2019 by Mira Books (first published October 17th 2017)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jan 22, 2019
    Enter to win 1 of 10 Finished Copies of Lilac Lane by Sherryl Woods!

Chesapeake Shores has always represented home and family for the O’Briens, but in

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 2047 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 01 - Dec 30, 2018

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Lilac Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lilac Lane

Suzanne Leopold
    Kiera Malone is mourning the unexpected death of her fiance. She has been living apart from her family in Ireland and needs to reassess her future plans. Her daughter, Moira, is concerned about her emotional stability and invites her to stay with her in Maryland.

Kiera makes the journey and finds employment at an Irish pub owned by her family. Life starts to improve but she finds herself at odds with the chef who is named Bryon. After a few weeks she starts to feel more secure and rents her own a
    Erin
    Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Recommended to Erin by: Lydia
    Book 14 in a popular series, but my first encounter reading a Sherryl Woods story. I wouldn't mind looking out for a few more in the series because I quickly fell in love with many of the characters. Good mother- daughter/husband-wife/father -daughter- contemporary family saga.
    Judy Collins
    Sherryl Woods returns with her popular Chesapeake Shores series following (2015) Willow Brook Road Chesapeake Shores, #13 with LILAC LANE (#14) —From Ireland to Chesapeake Shores – A magical place for healing and a little romance.

This time around we catchup with Moira and Luke O’Brien and their baby girl, Kate. Of course, with Nell and many of the familiar characters and places we love.

Moira is concerned about her mom, Kiera. Her husband Peter’s unexpected death was shocking after her second
    Amy
    Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: physical-arcs
    Right before I started reading this I realized that it’s the fourteenth book in a series so to say I was little apprehensive is fitting. That is a LONG history and I feared I would have trouble connecting with the characters or that I would be lost due to long running backstories. Thankfully, I had absolutely no issues at all and found myself immediately swept away to Chesapeake Shores and totally charmed by this quaint little town and it’s residents.

It looks like every book in this series follo
    Katy (Katyslibrary)
    Thank you so much TLC Book Tours for having me on this tour and sending me a copy of Lilac Lane in exchange for an honest review!  Finding love after loss and opening up your heart to the new and different isn't always easy.  But this feel good book has you rooting for love and family from page one, with a nice dash of Irish cooking sprinkled in.  While the plot wasn't especially original it was an easy story to read in just a few hours.  I rate this cute book 3 out of 5 stars.

From the start I
    Sue
    Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is book 14 in Sherryl Woods’ Chesapeake Bay series. I have read and enjoyed all of the books in the series and this book can be read as a stand-alone without confusion but the entire series is so good, I think that you’ll want to start with book 1 – you won’t be disappointed.

The book series is about a town in Maryland that was built by the O’Brien patriarch, Mick. Mick’s main goal in life is to have his 5 children married and in love with the person he picks out of them. Once that is accomp
    DJ Sakata
    Favorite Quotes:

Communication skills varied widely between the average man and woman, he’d discovered. For him and Moira, it was as if they spoke entirely different languages and, quite possibly in her case, from some universe not yet discovered.

If we were all punished for our careless failure to realize how important some things are in our life until too late, we’d all be alone and miserable… It’s why we’re given second chances.

My Review:

It is rare for me to read a book so squeaky clean that I
    Kari
    Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2017, for-review, kindle

Lilac Lane is the first book in this series that I have read. While I think it can ultimately be read as a stand alone, a new reader would benefit from reading at least Moira and Luke's story before this one. It think it might give more context for Keira's situation.

I was looking forward to a good romance, but in the end it was just OK for me. The book kind of dragged and I just wasn't invested in Keira and Bryan's relationship. For me, it just lacked heat. What I did find enjoyable were the se
    Michele
    Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: fiction, romance
    See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Strength and determination. Stubborn pride and genuine emotions. And love, lots of love, is what the characters of Lilac Lane brought to the table in this beautiful fourteenth installment in Sherryl Woods’ beloved Chesapeake Shores series.

First of all I have to say that I still get a kick out of the boisterous, caring O’Brien family, even this many books into the series. Sherryl Woods didn’t disappoint with Lilac Lane, letting us catch up with the cast a
    عمران ابن مصر
    Moira wants her mom to come to Chesapeake Bay and hopes that the move will help her get past all the things that have happened in her life. She thinks a change of scenery will help her mom heal from the loss of a lover, a horrible marriage, and the never ending disappointment of her two sons. Kiera decides to take the journey from Ireland to Chesapeake Bay, she can't wait to meet her first grandchild and see the Irish pub her son-in-law Luke has opened. When she is asked to help out at the pub a ...more
    Darcy
    I felt so so with this book. Part of it was due to the couple at the heart of the book, Keira and Bryan. Up to now Keira had come off as a harpy and did so at times in this one. Bryan was a bit up tight too with his reaction to Keira. It didn't help that their romance was very PG, almost non-existent.

I found myself more interested in seeing Keira soften, to see her see her life in a different life, to build stronger relationships with her father and daughter.

Bryan's drama was crazy and I expec
    RiriRomantiques
    I have read a dozen of books from Sherryl Woods and I checked my ratings. Apparently I love half of them (4 or 5 stars) and I hate the other half.
    I sensed that mixed feelings growing while reading the first part of the story. And then I got angry that all was taking so long and most of all about all this people meddling. WHY ? Can’t people mind their own businesses ? This si so rude and belittling for those they want to meddle the life in. Such a waste of my precious reading time.
    Eileen
    Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Chespeake shores novel has lots of romance and matchmaking going on for Kiera who came from Ireland to be with some of her family that had moved to the USA.....Lots of things going on with family and meeting a new man in her life and all the complications involved with both of their stories.
    It all works out in the end and romance does win over.
    Angie
    Oct 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: chick-lit
    Originally posted @ Readaholic Zone

Before beginning the actual review I need to be utterly honest with you, I was incapable of finishing this book. This was difficult for me since I always finish books I am obligated to review but apparently there is a first for everything. It’s not that I did not allow myself enough time or forgot about reading it, the truth is I was slowly being bored to death. Lilac Lane is the first book I have read by Sherryl Woods, therefore, I now know her writing is not
    Diane
    Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    It's been awhile since I visited the O'Brien clan of Chesapeake Shores in Maryland. I was introduced to them in Sherryl Woods' delightful The Summer Garden, the 9th book in the series. (My review is here). The newest book, Lilac Lane, is the 12th in the series, and reading it is like visiting old friends.

Moira O'Brien's mother Kiera has just lost her fiance to a heart attack in Ireland. Moira convinces her mother to come to Chesapeake Shores and stay with her, her husband Luke and toddler Kate.
    Andrea Guy
    There are a handful of authors that you associate with small town fiction, Sherryl Woods is one of them. This book is a return to Chesapeake Shores. It is book 14 in this series. I've read several of these. This is the perfect time to revisit this town, as the series is now a Hallmark series.
    This is a novel of second chances, which you find a lot in the small town novels by authors like Sherryl and Debbie Macomber.

Keira and Bryan are a rather unlikely couple. There romance is one that isn't real
    Sara Strand
    I think it plays in my favorite that I haven't read the rest of the series because it's my understanding that Keira is featured throughout and people maybe haven't loved her character. I can easily understand why you wouldn't love her, she immediately comes off as an abrupt, sometimes cold and rude, person- everything you would say were characteristics of an awful mother in law. Every book and movie that has that character, this is what Keira is. The book begins with us learning that while she F ...more
    Wit & Wonder Books
    ** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

The ever talented Sherryl Woods brings you another installment in her Chesapeake Shores series with Lilac Lane. The series has grown over Ms. Wood's time as a established author as now this addition making it the 14th book in the series. Her work is so endorsed that a TV series is out regarding these wonderful novels.

A story of the hardships of love and life, the loss of love and the redemption that a new love can bring.

Single mother, Keira
    Ricki Treleaven
    Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This is a multi-generational story about an extended Irish family who basically "run" the small town of Chesapeake Shores, Maryland. They are mostly entrepreneurs who designed and developed the town, and the family owns several businesses. The family's matriarch Nell is a real hoot....she's up in everyone's business and has elevated meddling to an art form. Nothing gets past Nell, and when she notices sparks flying between Keira Malone and Bryan Laramie, well let's just say they don't stand a pr ...more
    Renee
    Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Lilac Lane is the epitome of a small-town romance, Hallmarkesque story. From this book alone, it is easy to see why the books have been made into a series on the Hallmark Channel. It has everything one would expect, from the adorable meet cute to the happy ending and all of the sugary sweet stuff that takes place in between.

I have never read this author's books before nor have I seen the TV series, but Chesapeake Shores and Lilac Lane are places I would love to visit. The ocean breezes and the
    Kathy
    Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Featuring a heartwarming romance, close family ties and delightful friendships, Lilac Lane is an endearing addition to Sherryl Woods' Chesapeake Shores series.

Following the sudden death of her mother Keira Malone's fiancé, Moira O'Brien is worried about her mom so she comes up with a foolproof plan to lure her to the US from Ireland. She convinces her mom that her husband Luke could use her help in his pub and she could use a helping hand with their baby.  Keira readily agrees to visit temporari
    Taryn
    Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: romance
    Moria wants her mom to come to Chesapeake Bay and hopes that the move will help her get past all the things that have happened in her life. She thinks a change of scenery will help her mom heal from the loss of a lover, a horrible marriage, and the never ending disappointment of her two sons. Kiera decides to take the journey from Ireland to Chesapeake Bay, she can't wait to meet her first grandchild and see the Irish pub her son-in-law Luke has opened. When she is asked to help out at the pub a ...more
    Rachel
    Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    What a nice easy read. It was great for me because I could pick it up and put it down and still follow the story. The characters were both new and old to this series. I very much liked it, even if the drama was more easily resolved than it would be in real life.
    BJ
    Another visit to Chesapeake Shores, like checking in with old friends. Another installment in the O'Brien clan saga. This is Keira and Bryan's story and involves an Irish pub on the Chesapeake and a long lost daughter, as well as the usual O'Brien matchmaking and meddling. Enjoyable way to spend a few hours.
    Chris Conley
    Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    It always is a treat to visit Chesapeake Shores. Every new trip there finds new friends.
    Cheryl
    Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This was an ok story, part of the. Chesapeake shores series. Single mom Kiera raised her 3 small children by herself and has finally allowed herself to fall in love, when her fiancé dies. She agrees to move Chesapeake shores to be with her daughter and grandchild. There she finds love again.
    ☘Tara Sheehan☘
    A few years back I was wandering around a used bookstore trying to find something new to read. I was having a bad day and needed to destress but nothing was appealing to me. I ended up sitting on the floor playing with my phone trying to see if I could come up with anything on Amazon I could find in the store when this elderly lady came into the aisle. She asked me if I was ok because apparently even she could sense the turmoil radiating off me.

For the first time ever in my life I just began ve
    Ionia
    Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    If you want to fall in love with the characters and setting in a book and be treated to an escape without having to leave the comfort of your favourite chair, this is the book to do it.

I loved the characters right away and found myself engrossed in this story before I was even finished with the first chapter. Keira is the kind of character that will make you nod your head in agreement as you relate to what she's going through. I loved learning more about her and her family.

One of the things th
    Hilda Etherton
    Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: giveaway
    Lilac Lane was a great book and entertaining as well as a love story. Kiera Malone lives in Dublin along with her two sons, but her daughter, Moira and her father Dillon O'Malley lives in Chesapeake Shores. Moira wants her mother to come and live in the U.S. and meet her granddaughter. Kiera comes with the intent of staying for six months and going back home, as long as there was a job for her to do during that time. She works in her son-in-law's pub, O'Briens, as a consultant, but has confronta ...more
    Marlene
    Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Originally published at Reading Reality

Chesapeake Shores sounds like an absolutely magical little town, at least if you don’t mind a whole town full of nosy and interfering neighbors. Not that the collective O’Brien clan doesn’t mean terribly well, and not that they don’t seem to generally do well in their meddling, but Keira Malone is used to being the boss of her own life, thankyouverymuch.

Which doesn’t mean that her life doesn’t get a much needed makeover when she arrives from Dublin to visit
    With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa

Chesapeake Shores (1 - 10 of 14 books)
    • The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1)
    • Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)
    • Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3)
    • A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #4)
    • Driftwood Cottage (Chesapeake Shores, #5)
    • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
    • Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores, #7)
    • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
    • The Summer Garden (Chesapeake Shores, #9)
    • A Seaside Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #10)