Start by marking “The Rose” as Want to Read:
The Rose

The Rose

(The Red #2)

Bestselling author Tiffany Reisz returns with an imaginative tale of lust and magic, and the dangers unleashed when the two are combined...On the day of Lia's university graduation party, her parents--wealthy art collectors with friends in high places--gift her a beautiful wine cup, a rare artifact decorated with roses. It's a stunning gift, and one that August Bowman, a f ...more
Published April 16th 2019 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rose, please sign up.
Kelso Not really or at least it’s not mandatory in my opinion. But Lia’s mothers life is actually a really good story and it’s nice to understand WHO helped…moreNot really or at least it’s not mandatory in my opinion. But Lia’s mothers life is actually a really good story and it’s nice to understand WHO helped her to be with Lia’s dad. Plus it has artwork in the story not so much involving mythologies but it includes masterpieces from various artists. Hope that helps you!(less)

There is a tiny handful of authors I trust with the erotica I read and Tiffany Reisz is at the top of that list. She gives equal dedication to all components within her novels which allows every character, every plot and subplot, every witty line and underlying theme, and yes, every delicious sexual encounter to be worthy of the readers entire investment. She has many popular works in her bibliography, but her name became even more well-known when 2017's The Red hit the masses. With such an addi ...more
Navessa
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc, romance, erotica, myths

Real talk: there’s nothing I love more than brainy erotica.

Because, at heart, I am a romance reader. Sure, I dabble in fantasy and history and contemporary literature, but if there isn’t at least a hint of a romantic subplot, you bet your ass I’ll probably knock a half star off the rating. Sure, I’ll chalk it up to some other “reason”, but that’s bullshit.

Don’t judge me.

The problem with my overwhelming love of romance is that I demand a lot from it. I’ve read so much of the genre that my pet pee
Felicia
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
_________________________________

Jeeeeez looooeeeeze I never thought I could enjoy a book about Greek mythology but I should have know that Tiffany Reisz could bring me there.

The Rose is the second book in The Red series but can certainly stand on it's own.

Two decades after The Red, The Rose picks up with the daughter of Mona from book one, Ophelia (Lia).

Where in The Red each chapter took us on a fantastical journey through the world of art and infamous paintings, similarly The Rose takes us on
Nazanin
3.5 Stars

Lia is twenty-one-year-old and is the madam of an illegal escort agency. She has wealthy, powerful parents and loves Greek mythology. August is in his thirties and has been buying up ancient artifacts. He also is a sacred prostitute. They both have so many in common. They meet at Lia’s graduation party. At that party, Lia’s father gives her a gift, a very dangerous gift…

Well, I’m not really into mythology but I liked the first book in the series, I liked the author’s writing and I liked
warhawke
Genre: Erotic Fantasy
Type: Standalone Book 2 of The Red series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Lady Ophelia (Lia) Godwick lived and breathed Greek mythology. For her graduation party, her beloved father bought her a special ancient wine cup. Unbeknownst to her, Augustine (August) Bowman, an antique collector set his eyes on the same prize. What she thought was an ordinary cup turned into an erotic adventure she would never forget.

“I’m dying to hear what you dream about in that deep dark little corner
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Remember Mona from The Red? This is the story of her 21 year old daughter Lia.

Lia's parents are throwing her a college graduation party and one of the guests is the mysterious August. A sexy and charming greek god lookalike who is after her graduation present. August lost the ancient cup to Lia's father at an auction and now he's hoping that Lia will sell it to him. She won't - BUT she is very interested in finding out why he so badly needs this beautiful relict.

And what he tells her is so not w
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
🌹🌹🌹🌹 4.5 🌹🌹🌹🌹

As it turns out, this book didn't involve any of my-IMO-erudite hypotheses...

Not this kinda rose... though it was involved. Somewhat.

Not this kind...

Maybe this... negative

This? #nope

Turns out it's a little bit Greek mythology, a little bit contemporary romance and a whole lot erotic.

Crazy, stupid erotic. Ever hear that saying, "beware of Greeks bearing gifts"?

I say, fuck that noise. Bring on the gifts, Greeks!

Any possibility of super-sizing the gift?

Asking for a friend.

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Erotic Fantasy
Type:  Standalone Book 2 of The Red series
POV:  Third Person

We are most ourselves in our fantasies,'..There is no shame in wanting to live inside your favorite stories.

the rose TR

Lady Ophelia (Lia) Godwick was a daddy's girl; her father spoiled her so much that when he made a graduation party for her he gave her an ancient cup.  Her love for Greek mythology was her life and this gift meant everything to her.

❝ She knew it was him the moment she met hi
CC

Lady Ophelia “Lia” Godwick, a lover of Greek mythology, receives an ancient kylix wine cup as a gift for her college graduation. Thrilled by the beauty of the artifact, Lia soon learns the myths surrounding it and becomes entranced by the fantasy offered by the enigmatic Augustine “August” Bowman.

“There is no shame in wanting to live inside your favorite stories.”

From the beginning, the narrative is like story time when listeners gather in a circle to hear a grand tale, and this particular st
Helga
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley
It is Lia’s university graduation party and because of her interest and love for Greek mythology, she receives the Rose kylix as a gift from her father. This kylix which was a drinking vessel used in ancient Greece, is rumored to have been used in the temple ceremonies of Eros and has powers beyond imagination.
One of the guests at the party, August Bowman who is a wealthy Greek art collector, would pay any price to have the kylix. But would Lia part with it? To what lengths would August go to h
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Wow! What a crazy fantasy ride. 4.5 stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to say I am surprised at myself. For a genre I rarely read, this one surprised the hell out of me.

Maybe it was the author who took a chance outside of her normal writing style. Maybe it was the entire fact that the story was so different and intriguing. Maybe it was because it was sexy as hell.

Whatever it was, I became enthralled with Greek mythology and the beautiful blend between today and another age - real or not.

The chara
Myla
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Lia met August Bowman at her graduation party given by her parents. It wasn't loved at first sight, as a matter of fact, Lia tries to avoid August, for she knew he's trouble. But he's just persistent and charming his way to Lia to talk to him. The banter between these two is quite entertaining to read. And so when Lia's father gave his gift to her the cup known as the Rose Kylix. August warned Lia about it that...

"If you drink from this cup you will have extraordinarily heightened sexual experie
Carlene Inspired
Lady Ophelia "Lia" Godwick has lived a privileged life. Her parents, still fiercely in love twenty-one years in, are art collectors and give their children all they can. Lia, desperate to be independent, has found her own way to make money, however her methods are quite illegal. Her father gifts her a beautiful kylix for her graduation gift, catching the attention of the handsome August Bowman, and also bringing back into her life a man she'd love nothing more than to never see again. August, wi ...more
Angela

I’m so, so glad that Navessa talked up this book so much! I’ve avoided erotica, and all but my favorite authors’ romance books, for the better part of a year. I live for romance in my stories, but all the manufactured drama added to the fact that sex scenes are mostly boring to me now has kept me well away.

But this. The Rose. Man. I would have been missing out if I had not picked this up. I haven’t picked up anything by Tiffany Reisz before because, from what I’ve understood, most of her books d
Dee
After bingeing on the Original Sinners Series, I was under no illusion that this book would be an erotica romance, complete with all kinds of kinky delights.

With that said, unlike the Original Sinners Series, there's little romance to speak of. The story is extremely erotic and some of the kinks might make certain readers uncomfortable.

While I enjoyed the story enough, I like Tiffany's writing, I feel I would've got more out of it if I was up to speed with mythology. Some of the retellings were
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

4.5 Mythical Stars

“I’m going to make you fall in love with me. I don’t know how, but I am.”

When we pick up a Tiffany Reisz book, we know we’re in for intelligent addictive prose, a unique story, a bit of kink, passion, emotion and some tongue in cheek humour. We also know it’s going to be a story that will leave us fulfilled and in awe of her brilliant storytelling, and with The Rose we were once again proven right. What a story! The exhaustive research that must have gone into this book is m
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Told in the third person, single point of view, Tiffany Reisz puts a steamy literary erotica spin on Greek mythology.

Gifted with an ancient Kylix wine cup by her father for her graduation, Lia is approached by a friend of her parents, August Bowman, warning her of the cup's powers. As an antique collector, he offers to buy it; Lia, however, is enamored of Greek mythology and finds it too interesting to sell. Besides, it's a gift from her father. But when a secret she is trying to keep hidden is
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"You will hear colors and smell sounds."

I can't even tell you what this story is about, but I loved it. Tiffany Reisz is a favorite author and I will follow her wherever she leads, even outside the genres I usually read. Why not a little mythology and magic, right? Especially when love and lust are involved.

I found this story to be very intriguing and I was wishing that I'd paid more attention to mythology and memorized some Greek god facts. It's not necessary to enjoy this story, but I probab
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

Holy Hera, this story was pure brilliance!

From beginning to end, and all the magic in between, The Rose was an addicting, fascinating and captivating read that lured me inside the wondrous world conjured by the exceptionally talented mistress of erotica, Tiffany Reisz.

Weaving Greek mythology with modern-day characters, we experience the relationship between Lady Ophelia (Lia) Godwick - daughter of Mona and Spencer Godwick from The Red - and the mysterious, handsome stranger, August Bowman. Th
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Complete post at: http://beautyandthebeastlybooks.com/b...

“ ‘Falling in love is brave and dangerous,’ August said. ‘Like climbing a mountain or going to war. Foolish, too, just like climbing a mountain or going to war. You shouldn’t hate yourself for doing someting brave and dangerous.’ ”

Oh my! Cupid’s arrow has nothing on Tiffany Reisz when she decides to write a story we’ll fall in love
with.

As you know, I don’t like to read synopsis before re
Dirty Dayna
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Greek Tragedy Stars
The rose is book 2 in the Red series. Our main character is Ophelia or commonly called Lia and she is the daughter of our dirty Mona Lisa from book 1. This story weaves filth and Greek mythology together is a very sexy and interesting cloth.
description
Lia is given a magic goblet that fulfills her wildest fantasies that involve Greek mythology. The male character is August who I easily fell in love with. This story helped you fall back into love with the Greek greats. The fair maide
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

THE ROSE is book two in the Red series. Previously, I had no idea that Tiffany Reisz had intentions to create a series with this book, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were more books set in this world.

The thing about THE RED is that I felt it had a VERY different feel to this book. I almost had to do a double take to make sure that these two were from the same series because although there are obvious similarities, the tone of each story feels very different.

THE RED seemed more
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
5 million stars of mythical Greek perfection!
Review to come!

ARC-V8
Lubnaa
Super fun buddy read with Ryanne!

I received an ARC from HarperCollins and the Harlequin Publicity Team in exchange for an honest review.

Well, this book completely took me by surprise. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect when I first opened it. People generally had a hard time categorizing this book and I understand where they're coming from. The Rose is a lush and evocative erotic fantasy romance infused with Greek mythology and magical realism. The book is set in our contemporary wor
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I didn’t realize Reisz was planning to make The Red into a series until I saw this book pop up in my email...what a surprise and I one-clicked NG right away.

The Rose tells the story of Greek mythology lover and madam Lia and a man she meets at her graduation party August Bowman.

Lia and August have an immediate connection when their eyes meet but even more so over Lia’s bday gift from her father...a Greek relic-a wine cup called a kylix-used by Aphrodite herself.

It is said that taking a drink fro
Julia ⏃  ✦ : The Romance Rebels ✦ :
“And the gods do say women feel more pleasure in the act than men. When there is pleasure, that is women have the better time of it.”

The Rose by Tiffany Reisz is a modern day twist on greek mythology. The story starts with a young woman named Lia, who made an appearance in The Red. She helps manage an escort agency with her friends and meets a charming man named, August Bowman. He is both her savior and demise.

Her life takes a dramatic turn when her father gifts her an ancient artifact not kno
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of [title] from [publisher] via Netgalley. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review, which is honest and unbiased **I received a free copy of The Rose from Harlequin MIRA via Netgalley. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review, which is honest and unbiased *
The Rose is a beautiful erotic mix of Greek mythology, a fairytale and a romance. Reisz just enchants her readers, and that was even mo
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019

4.5 Mythical Stars

“I’m going to make you fall in love with me. I don’t know how, but I am.”

MJ
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rose is a decadent delight that only Tiffany Reisz can deliver. A deliciously naughty tale of Lia Godwick and August Bowman. The madam and the escort. Together they take a ride that is beyond erotic. Beyond roguish. In a word, it is sublime.

Lia is truly her parents's daughter. Spencer and Mona, who provide much-needed comic relief with the requisite parental embarrassment for their offspring, were featured in The Red, the first in this series. And I tend to agree with Mona that Lia is defini
  • Sacred Sins (Sins Duet, #2)
  • The Whored's Prayer (Whored, #2)
  • Scar
  • Almost Famous (Screenplays)
  • 24/7 (The Subs Club, #4)
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • Before Sunrise & Before Sunset: Two Screenplays
  • Dubious (Bitter Vine, #1)
  • The Starving Years
  • On a Lee Shore
  • Achilles and the Houseboy (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #3)
  • The Dreamers
  • Careful What You Ask For (Chattanooga Supernaturals, #4)
  • Taking the Gloves Off: Mason and Jessica (Vampire Queen #7.5)
  • A Rogue by Night (The Devils of Dover, #3)
  • American Beauty: The Shooting Script
Tiffany Reisz is the USA Today-bestselling author of the Romance Writers of America RITA®-winning Original Sinners series from Harlequin's Mira Books.

Born in Owensboro, Kentucky, Tiffany graduated from Centre College with a B.A. in English. She began her writing career while a student at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury Theological Seminary. After leaving seminary to focus on her fiction, she wrote The

The Red (2 books)