Start by marking “Monet and the Impressionists for Kids: Their Lives and Ideas, 21 Activities” as Want to Read:
Monet and the Impressionists for Kids: Their Lives and Ideas, 21 Activities

Monet and the Impressionists for Kids: Their Lives and Ideas, 21 Activities

(For Kids)

A lifelong love of art is one of the greatest gifts an adult can bestow on a child—and no period of art is better loved or more available to children than Impressionism. Monet and the Impressionists for Kids invites children to delight in Cassatt’s mothers and children, Renoir’s dancing couples, and Gaugin’s island scenes; 21 activities explore Monet’s quick shimmering bru ...more
Published April 1st 2002 by Chicago Review Press

To ask other readers questions about Monet and the Impressionists for Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monet and the Impressionists for Kids

Naomi
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book partnered with activities for kids to do. I thought that the text was more for middle schoolers versus the age group I saw the book placed with. Would definitely use this in a learning situation.
Athornton
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good read- easy biographies and some of the activities are cute and I think I'll try with my class! What kid (even high school aged) wouldn't want to try and do sugar cookies using the pointillism technique like Seurat?
Annie Kate
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, homeschool
This spring the National Gallery of Canada is hosting an exhibition about the Impressionists; we bought a membership for this exciting event. To prepare, I borrowed Monet and the Impressionists for Kids by Carol Sabbeth from the library....
...
This book by Carol Sabbeth discusses Impressionists Claude Monet, Pierre Auguste Renoir, Edgar Degas, Mary Cassatt and Post-Impressionists Paul Cezanne, Paul Gaugin, and Georges Seurat. Sabbeth begins with a historical overview of Paris and the art world in
Heather
Feb 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I learned a lot about the Impressionists' personal lives and their individual painting styles. It made me fall in love with their paintings all over again.
Anna
Oct 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was one of several resources I've used to teach an art class for children, and it has great stories and fun activities to learn different art techniques and styles.
Clare
Lisa
Sep 11, 2014
Amanda Thompson
Sep 23, 2018

For Kids (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Gay & Lesbian History for Kids: The Century-Long Struggle for LGBT Rights, with 21 Activities
  • Africa for Kids: Exploring a Vibrant Continent, 19 Activities
  • Native American History for Kids: With 21 Activities
  • Chicago History for Kids: Triumphs and Tragedies of the Windy City Includes 21 Activities
  • California History for Kids: Missions, Miners, and Moviemakers in the Golden State, Includes 21 Activities
  • New York City History for Kids: From New Amsterdam to the Big Apple with 21 Activities
  • Polar Explorers for Kids: Historic Expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic with 21 Activities
  • Mark Twain for Kids: His Life  Times, 21 Activities