Start by marking “Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)

Ember Queen

(Ash Princess Trilogy #3)

The thrilling conclusion to the series that began with the instant New York Times bestseller “made for fans of Victoria Aveyard and Sabaa Tahir” (Bustle), Ember Queen is an epic fantasy about a throne cruelly stolen and a girl who must fight to take it back for her people.

Princess Theodosia was a prisoner in her own country for a decade. Renamed the Ash Princess, she
Published February 4th 2020 by Delacorte Books For Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Ember Queen, please sign up.
June My interpretation is that the fire gem on the cover is the gem that Ampelio used to wear, and it is now worn by Theodosia.…moreMy interpretation is that the fire gem on the cover is the gem that Ampelio used to wear, and it is now worn by Theodosia. (less)

Start your review of Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
♠ TABI ♠
Oct 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
$10 says this is gonna be called Fire Queen or something similar . . .

Okay so EMBER IS CLOSE TO FIRE SO WOW WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I RIGHT???
Renaissance Kate
A fantastic end to an amazing trilogy! I never expected to fall in love with this story, these characters, and this world as much as I did. Of all the YA fantasy series I've read over the past year, this is the finale I looked forward to the most, and it definitely delivered.

Laura Sebastian continues to use this story to explore thought-provoking topics present throughout the trilogy, including morality in times of war and the idea that no person can be categorized simply as good or evil (to
Caylynn Bleess
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I made the mistake of reading the last few chapters (AKA the final battle and the aftermath) at work AND I AM NOT OKAY. I couldn't outwardly express my feelings, guys. THIS BOOK HAD ME LIKE-

Full review to come!
--------------------------

How did I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS COVER REVEAL.

I need this book nooooooooooooow
*mk*
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a trilogy I have really enjoyed and overall I would give the whole thing 4 stars. HOWEVER, I can also admit that it also isn't bringing anything new to the table. There's a love triangle, a final battle, triumphs and defeats, and some loss. I can't even say for sure what stands out about this series to me, except that I liked it. I found the main character compelling, as well as her relationship with the big bad of the series (though I wish it had been a bit more developed). I liked her ...more
Diamond
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"This throne is mine, and mine alone, and I am no longer afraid of it."

OMG!! I can't believe I finished these series! It is so pure and magical and I definitely know that I'll read them again and again) Many Thanks Laura Sebastian I had a wonderful journey!
Circi
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXACT RELEASE DATE OR ARE WE JUST GUESSING SOMETIME AROUND NEXT FEBRUARY?!?!?!
Anna Bright
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy
solid. an entirely satisfying ending. also, laura sebastian's writing is just.... really good, you guys.
Brooklyn Tayla
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Utterly phenomenonal. Full RTC. Thank you Pan Macmillan Australia for sending me a copy to read and review :)
Lynne ♠ The Book Dragon ♠
Aug 08, 2018 marked it as i-own-came-out-in-2020
I NEED a cover and title for this so bad!!!
Tabor
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley

Well, it's the final book in the series and it was definitely an interesting ride. When I first read "Ash Princess", I was taken in by the concept and the character of Theodosia, who was held captive and tortured by the conqueror of her country, Astrea. The series was obviously influenced by the Roman Empire and its expansion, which stretched far and effectively acculturated diverse cultures. Theodosia's story is told through the
Crescentdoe
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Heron: *breathes*
Me: preCiOuS sMoL cHiLd I MuST pRoTeCC
E
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
okay but like Theo better choose Blaise over Søren, i swear if she doesn’t i will cry.
Jem
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to @macmillanaus for sending me a copy for review. This is the last book in the series and it did not disappoint, I really enjoyed the end to this series. Theo has come a long way since the first book, I loved the way her character has grown and developed throughout the series. In this one she is starting to come to learn more about her gifting and how to use and control it. Soren has also grown throughout the series as well and I loved the way his story arc ended. I really enjoyed ...more
Kenzis Clair
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was both captivating and dull, suspenseful and slow, brilliant and inane. With that said (and don't let my rating fool you), I loved it. I finished it within a day of purchasing it, just as I did the two previous books in the trilogy because I couldn't put it down. For those who don't want a spoiler-filled review, here are my ratings for certain aspects of the book with a few paragraphs to comment on each:

Summary: ****
Cover: ****
Plot: **
Characterization: ****
Writing-Style: ****
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Queen Theodosia Eirene Houzzara is reclaiming Astrea from the Kalovaxian Empire, her homeland, her birthright and the freedom for Astrea from oppression and servitude. Theodosia has returned from the Fire Mine, stoking her ability to bring forth the blaze she needs to defend Crescentia, her former friend and now Kaiserin. The Kaiser slain by his forced bride's hand. Queen Theodosia is amassing her army of guardians and warriors to storm and lay siege to the capital, liberating those taken into ...more
Jessika
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Freaking flip flack. I love this book!! I cried, I screamed, I curled up in a bawl and rocked back and forth. This was so good!!
Lacy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this series so much more than I did but I just never really cared for any of the characters. I tried. I really did. It just felt like a generic Fantasy formula. The ending was also very anticlimactic. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. If I had to rate them, Lady Smoke was my favorite of the series, then Ash Princess, and I enjoyed Ember Queen the least. ...more
Tekla
Oct 28, 2019 is currently reading it
"Theo must learn to embrace her own power if she has any hope of standing against the girl she once called her heart’s sister."

I'm still holding onto my hopes and dreams of this turning into an epic lesbian romance \_(ツ)_/
Bhaavya Srivastava
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need to read it so bad! It's literally torture to wait till 2020!
Karleah Olson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
"This throne is mine, and mine alone, and I am no longer afraid of it."

I probably should have re-read this series before this one was released so I could honestly say what level it's on, but I didn't. I think it's about on par with book 2.
I was thoroughly invested, I'd been looking forward to this for a while. I found it pretty well paced, but at times a bit too focused on strategic warfare and descriptions of the like. Obviously it's about war, and how Theo claims the throne back, but at times
Alex
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Laurie
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars rounded up! Fantastic ending to this series. Bittersweet that the "Ash Princess Trilogy" has come to an end, but completely elated at it's conclusion. I shed a few tears. I think this is a very over looked series, due to its slow start. Ash Princess and Lady Smoke are two books with very slow starts, that offer at lot of strategic story building rather than epic cliffhanger battles, but the story always delivers.

There was much of the same in Ember Queen however, the growth across
Sophie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ash Princess #3: Ember Queen Review

[Backstory]

In the first installment of Laura Sebastian’s Ash Princess trilogy, we follow Princess Theodosia as a prisoner in the Kaiser’s court. She is forced to wear an ash crown and is ridiculed and abused until she discovers the fire that runs true in her veins as the rightful heir to the Astrean crown. In the second installment we saw Theo not only find herself but an army of misfit rebels who will help her fight a new terrifying enemy.

[Synopsis]

The book
Noah | Dorky Bookworm
4 Stars

This dazzling conclusion to a wonderful trilogy is here. And it ends Theo’s story in every single way I could’ve wished for!!

More magic, worldbuilding, representation, and consequences for choices made all come front and center. In the most magnificent and breathtaking way possible. Laura Sebastian’s writing is more brilliant than ever before!!!

An underlying theme is how we use mercy and don’t use it. What we could do better, even when vengeance is the far easier option. It’s thought
Eleni
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ashley
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series stayed strong the ENTIRE time! God I love it. ...more
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

I liked Ember Queen better than the second book, Lady Smoke, but for me the best in the series is still the first one, Ash Princess.

The narrative was a bit confusing at times and there wasn’t a lot of explanation for many things that happened throughout the story.

After I finished this one I had an almost meh feeling, because the ending was so very anticlimactic. The story flatlined for me, unfortunately.
Morgan | Mashleas Reads
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!! Full RTC.

Ember Queen was fast paced with lots of action and surprisingly dark. I enjoyed the characters growth and the ending, whilst a little predictable was a satisfying conclusion to this trilogy.
Meghan
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Random House Children's - Delacorte Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

A sister taken hostage with an evil power and the power of strength and good must stop her from overtaking the prince and destroying everything that comes in her way. This book reminded me a lot of the Red Queen series due to the powerful conflict that was chosen for a young girl and the predicament her family has
Imani
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow. That's how you do it. In YA that's how you fight for a country, a throne, and overthrow the people who overthrew countries, and tried to break you. What a fantastic story. Bittersweet and yet necessary. Idk how to feel, but I'm feeling some type of way.

Bravo, Laura Sebastian, bravo. You gave me a trilogy I hung onto for a few years, and a story I couldn't stop thinking about until the second one came out, and then the third/final one. Thank you.

Before Reading:
Look at that gorgeous cover,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Shadow & Flame (Rime Chronicles, #2)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing
  • When Wishes Bleed
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Stars We Steal
  • King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
  • Not Your Idol, Vol. 1
  • サムライ8 八丸伝 1 (Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru, #1)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • 思い、思われ、ふり、ふられ 1 [Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare 1]
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
I write YA books and I'm also entrusted with taking care of other people's children. I write books about girls who are strong in all different ways, usually with a healthy dollop of magic and a few dragons.

I live in NYC with my extraordinarily fluffy dog, Neville.

Ash Princess Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)