Start by marking “Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)

Ember Queen

(Ash Princess Trilogy #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  11,069 ratings  ·  1,164 reviews
The thrilling conclusion to an epic fantasy about a throne cruelly stolen and a girl who must fight to take it back for her people.

Princess Theodosia was a prisoner in her own country for a decade. Renamed the Ash Princess, she endured relentless abuse and ridicule from the Kaiser and his court. But though she wore a crown of ashes, there is fire in Theo’s blood. As the ri
Published February 4th 2020 by Delacorte Books For Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Ember Queen, please sign up.
Catherine Puckett I think the point of Ion's character was to show those who are captors go one of 3 ways. They either are passive, resigned and damaged like many of th…moreI think the point of Ion's character was to show those who are captors go one of 3 ways. They either are passive, resigned and damaged like many of the slaves. They have an ongoing, "never give up" attitude like Heron, Elpis, Blaise, Artamesia, or they try to endear themselves to their captors - make themselves indispensable, such as Ion. Jyst a thought! ☺(less)
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusA ​Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa TahirImagine Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2020
797 books — 2,975 voters
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. MaasThe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. SchwabChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareBlood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin
Can't Wait Books of 2020
1,068 books — 2,884 voters

More lists with this book...

·  11,069 ratings  ·  1,164 reviews

Start your review of Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
Renaissance Kate
A fantastic end to an amazing trilogy! I never expected to fall in love with this story, these characters, and this world as much as I did. Of all the YA fantasy series I've read over the past year, this is the finale I looked forward to the most, and it definitely delivered.

Laura Sebastian continues to use this story to explore thought-provoking topics echoed throughout the trilogy, including morality in times of war and the idea that no person can be categorized simply as good or evil. Theo is
♠ Tabi⁷ ♠
Oct 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
$10 says this is gonna be called Fire Queen or something similar . . .

Okay so EMBER IS CLOSE TO FIRE SO WOW WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I RIGHT???
Helena of Eretz ✰
"I died the Queen of Peace, and peace died with me...But you are the Queen of Flame and Fury, and you will set the world on fire."

What a SATISFYING end to the series! It's so criminally underrated and for the life of me, I can't understand why! It deserves to sit among the ranks of the Remnant Chronicles and the Winner's Curse trilogy in terms of brilliant YA political fantasy trilogies!

And for all the reviews that complained of the pacing...did we read the same book? It seemed to be rather simi
• Lindsey Dahling •
This book was SO DAMN SLOW. I didn’t think I’d ever get to the big battle. And once I did, I kept falling asleep during it. Took me three days just to read the ending. That’s how blah it was.

I read this series strictly for Soren, Art, and Heron. They are the only reason this book didn’t get 1 star.

Queen Theo and her weird relationship with Blaise was annoying the entire series and continued to be so through this. There it is. That’s the series. No need for you to read it now, as none of the othe
Crescentdoe
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Heron: *breathes*
Me: preCiOuS sMoL cHiLd I MuST pRoTeCC
azure ☽
May 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Update: Lowered a star, because if I hold no good feelings towards this book then why is it 2*? I barely have any 1* books so I'm working on correcting my rating system.

Was I disappointed? I don't know. I didn't really have any expectations. Ah well, everyone knows the third book is never as good as the first 2. I finally got this over with and now I can read Chain of Gold!

"I died the Queen of Peace, and peace died with me," my mother told me. "But you are the Queen of Flame and Fury, and you
Nashita
Mar 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, reviewed
“There's no shame in breaking. You just have to put yourself back together again."
4⭐

Ahhh......Not feeling good Not at alll. I'm soo angry and sad.
Why I'm angry - (view spoiler)
Why I'm sad - (view spoiler)

Plotline
The epic finale (view spoiler). Theo now back from the Fire mine is powerful as ever. She must now stand up against her friend, her heart's s
Jodi Meadows
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series. I can't wait to see what Laura Sebastian has next. ...more
Dannii Elle
This is the third instalment in The Ash Princess series.

Theodosia is the last remaining heir of a vanquished country, first owned by its conqueror and now her former best friend, turned enemy. She is amassing allies and powers but will it be enough to defeat the army hounding her or the girl who sits upon the throne and knows all of Theo's moves seemingly before she does?

This series has remained a fascinating fantasy story but has also focused heavily on Theos' various romantic connections. This
Caylynn
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I made the mistake of reading the last few chapters (AKA the final battle and the aftermath) at work AND I AM NOT OKAY. I couldn't outwardly express my feelings, guys. THIS BOOK HAD ME LIKE-

Full review to come!
--------------------------

How did I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS COVER REVEAL.

I need this book nooooooooooooow
Rachel (Royal_Reading_Company)
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

This one was my least favorite of the series. It wasn't a bad ending or a bad book, but I felt it was a little lackluster for a series finale. Theo got on my nerves a lot because she just felt like she was trying so hard to be a martyr... or just like she blamed herself so much that it got really annoying. I just felt a little let down, I guess. I will say that these covers are so gorgeous!
Diamond
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"This throne is mine, and mine alone, and I am no longer afraid of it."

OMG!! I can't believe I finished these series! It is so pure and magical and I definitely know that I'll read them again and again) Many Thanks Laura Sebastian♥ I had a wonderful journey!
Anna Bright
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya
solid. an entirely satisfying ending. also, laura sebastian's writing is just.... really good, you guys. ...more
Elizabeth
Edit: 2 stars. The more I look back on it the more I realize how much I disliked it. I found the ending to be rather questionable (I address this in the spoiler section of my review). I’m not really disappointed, as I didn’t have that high of expectations. Semi-harsh review ahead.

**SPOILERS FOR ASH PRINCESS AND LADY SMOKE AHEAD**

“‘An Ember Queen.’ Blaise says. […] ‘It’s what I’ve heard some of the people call you. It started with the former Fire Mine slaves, but it’s caught on. A bit les
*mk*
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a trilogy I have really enjoyed and overall I would give the whole thing 4 stars. HOWEVER, I can also admit that it also isn't bringing anything new to the table. There's a love triangle, a final battle, triumphs and defeats, and some loss. I can't even say for sure what stands out about this series to me, except that I liked it. I found the main character compelling, as well as her relationship with the big bad of the series (though I wish it had been a bit more developed). I liked her ...more
Laura ☾
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
As a finale, this was a bit underwhelming. While not bad per se, it just didn't feel all that gripping, and was far too predictable.. ...more
Zitong Ren
Well, this took a long time to read because school takes a lot of time apparently. Also, it’s been months since I read the first two books in the series and I keep doing this to myself where I read a book and don’t read the sequel for ages. So because of that, it took me a little while to get back into the world and stuff, and things came back to me as I started reading it so I don’t think the prolonged time of when I read book 2 and 3 really changed the outcome of how much I enjoyed this.

Lacy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this series so much more than I did but I just never really cared for any of the characters. I tried. I really did. It just felt like a generic Fantasy formula. The ending was also very anticlimactic. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. If I had to rate them, Lady Smoke was my favorite of the series, then Ash Princess, and I enjoyed Ember Queen the least. 🤷🏼‍♀️ ...more
Veronica ( moon & coffee. )
A | A marvelous end to this outstanding trilogy that stayed consistently strong throughout the whole trilogy, Ember Queen is a great example of how to write the last book in a series. The book’s strength lies in Sebastian’s writing and her ability to make me care about al the characters — even those that I found annoying and even those who I should feel no sympathy for — as well as the relationships between them.

Find the rest of this review on my blog, moon & coffee.
Princess
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice ending to the story although I wish we got have gotten more of the Prinz and Theo in the end and knew more about them. I was sad about Blaise. This story was pretty long and kinda drug on.
Circi
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXACT RELEASE DATE OR ARE WE JUST GUESSING SOMETIME AROUND NEXT FEBRUARY?!?!?!
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Ember Queen was a beautiful weaving together of friendship, trust, tears, love, and sacrifice. This series completely enchanted me and I devoured it in no time at all. I fell in love with these characters. They held my heart in the palm of their hands during their action packed journey! So if you’re a fan of young adult and fantasy, definitely add this series to your tbr. Here are some of my favorite things about this final book…...

✮Sacrifice and Tears:
Oh, Ember Queen made me cry. Not only was l
Trisha Tomy
Blog Review: https://trishadoeseverythingbutstudy2...

I really loved it!!!

This was the best book in the trilogy! That might have been for many reasons, but it was mainly the lack of the love triangle drama that had been overdone in the first two of these books.

We see Theo ready mature from being just a princess out of her depth, and we see her taking charge and making calm cool and rational decisions without letting her heart get in the way. While it's usually an endearing trait in protagonists,
Jenn
What a fantastic ending to this series. I am glad that I waited to finish the series until all of the books were out because I don't know if I could have waited - and I love being able to read everything back to back.

First, let me just say that Theo - QUEEN. the girl slayed in this entire book. Finally not taking anyone's shit, stating her own opinions and coming up with crazy ass schemes that don't seem promising. I just loved her. I loved her strength and I loved her weakness. She wasn't perf
Diana
Apr 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5★

vid review will be available on 22 April, 2020 here https://youtu.be/n-_rtX0ZxYk

Though still phenomenal and consistent with the level offered so far, I found myself skipping pages because I felt the story dragged a bit at moments.
Jypsy
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you FFBC and Delacorte for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Ember Queen
By: Laura Sebastian

*REVIEW* ☆☆☆☆
I actually started reading Ash Princess a few years ago but never finished it until recently. Of course, Lady Smoke followed in quick succession, and I was then fortunate to receive a gifted copy of Ember Queen. The stars aligned! As trilogies go, I'm always sad when they end, and this was no exception. I've come to know and love
Laurie
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars rounded up! Fantastic ending to this series. Bittersweet that the "Ash Princess Trilogy" has come to an end, but completely elated at it's conclusion. I shed a few tears. I think this is a very over looked series, due to its slow start. Ash Princess and Lady Smoke are two books with very slow starts, that offer at lot of strategic story building rather than epic cliffhanger battles, but the story always delivers.

There was much of the same in Ember Queen however, the growth across thes
Lynne ♠ The Book Dragon ♠
I NEED a cover and title for this so bad!!!
Brooklyn Tayla
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Utterly phenomenonal. Full RTC. Thank you Pan Macmillan Australia for sending me a copy to read and review :)
Cam
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was the end of a trilogy... I liked the first 2 boos better than this one. This book didn’t really much for me.

• The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Lifestyles of Gods and Monsters
  • Not Your Idol, Vol. 1
  • サムライ8 八丸伝 1 (Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru, #1)
  • Love Me, Love Me Not, Vol. 1
  • Night Flights (Mortal Engines Quartet, #0.5)
  • Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)
  • Dancing at the Pity Party
  • Djinn Patrol on the Purple Line
  • The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)
  • Unscripted
  • Toffee
  • The Girls Weekend
  • The Lost Summers of Driftwood
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Briar Rose
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Play Nice (The Devil's Share, #1)
I write YA books and I'm also entrusted with taking care of other people's children. I write books about girls who are strong in all different ways, usually with a healthy dollop of magic and a few dragons.

I live in NYC with my extraordinarily fluffy dog, Neville.

Ash Princess Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Are you searching for a great young adult novel to dive into? In that case, you've come to the right place. Goodreads members are pros at...
“There’s no shame in breaking,” I tell him. “Gods know I did often enough. You just have to put yourself back together again.” 4 likes
“There’s no shame in breaking...You just have to put yourself back together again.” 4 likes