Start by marking “Better with You (A Change in Plans #2)” as Want to Read:
Better with You (A Change in Plans #2)

Better with You

(A Change in Plans #2)

Paige Parker has no time for romance. She’s too busy building up her house-flipping business. But when a charming guy comes between her and the house she wants, Paige is a little more torn than she expected. For a girl who’s always gone with her firm business sense, she’s not sure how to trust her heart.

When it comes to dating, Shaun Randall is not about to get serious wit
Published March 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Better with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better with You

Start your review of Better with You (A Change in Plans #2)
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chaste, romance
This is second in a series and we meet Shaun in the first and he remains good friends with Corrie and Preston and they're very present in this story. So I highly recommend reading in order.

This was a delightful read. It's short and no-nonsense but that's mostly a function of having adults who talk things out working through conflict both internal and external with maturity. It's the right length for the story, is what I'm saying. Also, it was a good story.

Feel free to skip this paragraph if you
Megan
This was such a fun and enjoyable read! Once I started this book I couldn't put it down and finished it very quickly. The characters were well-written and relatable. The romance was sweet and clean, but not predictable.

I haven't read the previous novel in the series, The Start of Us, but as the description says Better With You can stand on its own. I definitely want to read the first book and the third book, which is Ashley's story, sometime soon.

I'd recommend this novel to fans of clean contem
Katie W
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
BETTER WITH YOU is an awkward dance of laughter and chemistry with some unforgettable characters. From the hilarious first meet, to the last page, Paige and Shaun are a delight. I didn't read the first book and in no way felt lost, just so you know.

Paige is a very spunky and tough girl on the outside, yet her core is soft and sweet. Peeling away those layers was a lot of fun, especially as she emerged as a very likable character. Shaun is adorable from the start and as the story progressed and t
Trixi
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story! Two people who were so opposed to love find that with the right person, it can lead to their happily-ever-after. I really enjoyed both Paige & Shaun, they had funny moments that made me laugh out loud & serious moments too. I thought they were perfect for each other and I enjoyed watching their stories unfold. Oh and I LOVED that Paige was a house flipper! Those are my favorite type of shows on HGTV so that made this story especially fun for me to read.

A clean, funny, heartfelt love
 The Flipped Page (Susan K)
Romance, clean; series, but stand alone
This was a fun, light read. A house and some friends bring this couple together, mix in a bit of family drama, and some bumps in the road, and a cute story. I always love romance with two honest, hardworking hearts with lots of attraction and chemistry. Not perfect, but a fun, light read for me
Lisa Rector
Fun and flirty!

I have to say this story was freaking awesome! I breezed through it in an afternoon.

Completely hooked from the beginning. Totally a laugh out loud novel. Right away the novel has the potential for a clash with the two characters, with their jobs and experience, but that didn’t play out the way I expected. It sure kept up the tension throughout though. I like the attitudes of the characters. Go-getters that both know what they want. The novel had high energy—just so fun!

I could rea
Travis Peak
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple, easy, enjoyable

I actually liked this book which is becoming more and more rare in this genre. I enjoyed the between Shaun and Paige. It felt natural and I was glad that Shaun actually liked Paige and didn't treat her like crap. I read the first book in the series and hated it because Preston was so awful. I would have liked to have seen a little bit more of them as a couple. I also really dislike the cliche of a guy not wanting a relationship because his parents had a bed relationship.
Melanie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very charming story.

Opposites attract. Shaun is fun-loving, carefree and never gets serious with any woman he dates. Paige doesn’t have time for his brand of funny. But Shaun has a heart of gold and is doing everything he can to help his mom live a better life. And Paige is doing everything she can to support her sister, who is in a relationship that makes Paige nervous.

Somehow never seeing each other again after the unexpected way they met, turns into much more. Shaun needs some outside hel
Chaelah
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay so, surprisingly good

Really super unexpected, but I seriously loved the book. It was witty and funny and adorable and I loved Paige and Shaun. They were both pretty reasonable and kind, there was only one moment where I thought Paige was being stupid and it only lasted for a couple of pages. There was the perfect amount of drama, aka, not too much. And the author handled the topic of abusive relationships well and with class, although I might have done more to convince my sister that what w
Heather Green
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read. I really like Shaun's character. He's funny, smart, helpful, and just an all around good guy. He was kind even to people who weren't kind to him. He just had a way with people. The engagement dinner for Ashley and Reid was hilarious. I liked that the MC's became friends and had some of the same interests before they got together romantically. I liked that it was clean. I would probably read this one again. I'm excited for the next one in the series. ...more
Theresa
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a delightful read, Paige and Shaun were both emotionally mature characters who were not looking for a relationship. Their meet cute was sweet and even though they expected to not encounter each other again fate stepped in when they were both looking to purchase the same home. I loved how their relationship built slowly and I enjoyed their sweet flirtatious side with each other as well. I would recommend this one if you are looking for a quick romance fix!
Teya Teya
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad this was Shaun's story. I wanted the hunk flirt from the first book to find love. This was a deeper story and it seemed a bit quick for the sister to get out of an abusive situation. However, it's a short story and some people can see it faster than others. I'm glad it all worked out and hope her sister has a good love story coming up. ...more
D'anah
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun

Love the humour and fun in this story, whilst also dealing with serious stuff. I like that the two main characters are people of integrity with good working ethics, who care about doing things right and looking out for others. I really enjoyed this book as a follow up from the previous book.
Connie Spencer
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

What a great story this one is! Rachel has a great style in making you feel like you are really involved in the lives of the people in the story. I could feel Shaun's anxiety and Ashley's pain in dealing with her boyfriend. Paige's work ethic to hide her dating insecurities makes her dating Shaun so sweet and believable. Great job Rachel!
Nari
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Paige and Shaun. Paige is spunky and independent but has a soft side. Shaun is a charmer and life experience has taught not to get too serious with a women. Paige and Shaun have a fun introduction and from then on the laughs and the sparks keep coming.
Mary
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel John has done it again. This book was so good. I loved that it was a continuation of her last book. I found it easy to pick up where the last book left off. It was such a fun read. I literally was sad when it ended. I'm a huge fan of this author! ...more
Sammy
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect romance

I loved this sweet romance story. The characters were believable and there were some funny moments. I've also read (and loved) the first book in the series, but you could easily read this as a standalone. Can't wait to read more by this author. 😊
Vibliophile
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I actually didn't really like Shaun all that much in the first book. I fell in love with his poor damaged self in this one. He and Paige made a wonderful, believable couple. I am loving this series and can't wait to read the next!
Debra Brigden
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better With You

Loved this book from the meet cute to the proposal! I was captivated by Paige and Shaun as they discover that life is really better with each other. Read this book if you are looking for a delightful romance!
Tiffany Keith
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! Rachel is quickly becoming one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. I fell in love with the characters! Shaun's humor and chemistry with Paige is tangible. I loved it from beginning to end! ...more
Patricia
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I saw this story was going to be about Shaun, whom I “met” in the last story, it gave me pause. However, it was a very good story and I enjoyed Shaun as a character (and Paige, too). I did think the epilogue was awkward.
Melissa
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 Shun and Paige

Paige flippers house and blogs about good food. Meeting Shaun at a house she wants for quick flip is not as important as letting Shaun have his first house near his friends Preston and Corrie.
Albert
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I always review all my novels, including the ones that I did not buy, because I did not like the sample, as in this case. I suppose this novella could be called (clean) chicklit, which I sometimes like, but not in this case.

Monica
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shaun and Paige

Another cute story. How perfect to find the guy who fits you perfectly. Even though he needs to well on relationship skills he seems to have it down and knows when to be there for Paige.
Donna Campbell
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I loved this story. I loved the characters and how they worked through real life problems. The romance was sweet and clean.
Sue Stinnett
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
House Flipper

Two totally different people meet when they both want the same house. Neither are interested in a relationship until they are.
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet and clean! A lovely quick read with some fun characters.
Emily
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I loved this book. The characters were adorable, and I was immediately drawn into the story. Very sweet.
Tacy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, entertaining book that gave me all of the warm tingles that I love when reading sweet romance books.
Cici
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun characters

All the characters in this series have been really likeable. And the modem day situations well thought out. Not too predictable.

• How to Not Fall for the Guy Next Door
  • His Small-Town Girl (Sutter's Hollow, #1)
  • Oh, Keep Your Shirt On (Shaped By Love #2)
  • Second Chance in Summit County (Summit County #1)
  • The Billionaire's Marriage Bargain (Clean Billionaire Fake Marriage Romance Series Book 1)
  • Safe In His Arms (Life Unexpected #1)
  • A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • A Case of Extreme Mistaken Identity: A Romantic Comedy (The Billionaire Club Book 2)
  • The Royal's Best Friend: A Magnolia Bay Sweet Romance (Gentlemen of Magnolia Bay Book 1)
  • Bright Side (The Buchanans #3)
  • The Housekeeper's Billionaire Boss (Caprock Canyon Romance #3)
  • Falling for Her Foe
  • Love Redesigned
  • How to Not Fall for the Wrong Guy
  • The Christmas Promise
  • A Man Worth Shaving For (Shaped By Love #1)
  • More than Friends in the Middle of Main Street (Nestled Hollow, #3)
  • Her Hope Discovered (Welcome to Ruby, #1)
Rachel John is the author of books filled with awkward humor and sigh-inducing romance. When not burning dinner or chasing kids, Rachel can be found working on family history, writing, reading, or putting off writing by staring at Facebook. She lives in Arizona with her husband, four crazy kids, and her desert tortoise.

A Change in Plans (4 books)
  • An Unlikely Alliance (A Change in Plans #1)
  • Protector of Her Heart (A Change in Plans Book 3)
  • Pretending He's Mine (A Change in Plans #4)