Start by marking “Under Prairie Skies (Prairie Sky #2)” as Want to Read:
Under Prairie Skies (Prairie Sky #2)

Under Prairie Skies

(Prairie Sky #2)

~ Beyond shattered dreams lies a realm of possibilities ~
Illinois prairie ~1855
Unsettled by the news that her estranged cousin and uncle are returning home after a year away, Charlotte Stanton goes to ready their cabin and finds a handsome stranger has taken up residence. Convinced he's a squatter, she throws him off the property before learning his full identity. Little
Published April 10th 2018 by Mantle Rock Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Under Prairie Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Prairie Skies

Start your review of Under Prairie Skies (Prairie Sky #2)
Susan
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Under Prairie Skies

Cynthia Roemer

I have only read one other book by Cynthia Roemer before but after reading UNDER PRAIRIE SKIES I will read every book she writes. I instantly felt like I was on the prairie trying to keep the dust out of my eyes and my mouth! UNDER PRAIRIE SKIES is the second book in the Prairie Sky series. It's filled with twists and turns and lots of surprises. The life lessons Cynthia Roemer weaves into this story are amazing and I can't wait to read more by this wonderful aut
Misty Beller
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this second book in the series! The author does an excellent job bringing together two people who are vastly different, and showing how their differences make them better together. An excellent story. A must read!
Staci
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Book two's main character, Charlotte, reminds me a lot of Nelly from Little House on the Prairie. She was definitely not likable in book one. In Under Prairie Skies, she is transformed by loss, forgiveness and love. While it was rewarding to see her transformation, it was at times difficult to believe. Main male character Chad went through several emotional peaks and valleys. Overall it was a good prairie romance and I look forward to reading Esther's story in book three. My favorite character i ...more
Crystal Caudill
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Historical Romance, 1850s

Plot Overview: Charlotte is a jealous, bitter young lady with no idea on how to improve herself until Chad Avery steps into her life as a new neighbor. Challenged to face her faults and change, Charlotte finds helping others is the first steps to becoming the woman God has called her to be.

Chad Avery is trying to fulfill the dream he and his late wife had together, to establish a cattle ranch. He has no desire to love again and struggles with the tug of attraction
Savanna Kaiser
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I happily revisited the 1850s and prairie life through this second novel by Cynthia Roemer. Once again, the historical details and sweet message of God’s love captured my heart. The setting and characters charmed their way across the pages and before I knew it – before I was ready to say goodbye – I’d reached the beautiful ending. And what a sweet ending it was.

If you love historical romance, this is one story I encourage you to pick up. The hero and heroine spend a lot of time together on the p
Paula Shreckhise
This is a sweet, sometimes difficult story about life on the Illinois prairie in 1855. I grew up in Illinois so it captured my interest from the start.
Charlotte Stanton is at home on the prairie in Miller Creek, Illinois. Her family are staunch Christians and have instilled values in Charlotte but she is immature and has a lot of growing up to do. Ms. Roemer causes us feel to the tension between Charlotte and her cousin Becky, but also shows us the soft spot she has for orphan Johnny and a warm
Vicky Sluiter
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Yes, this is book 2 of the series; however you can read it as a standalone with no trouble. But you won’t want to. Book 1, Under the Same Sky is a great book too.

Author Cynthia Roemer does a fabulous job of putting you in the lives of her characters. They are fleshed out so well that you’ll be sure they’re real people. You’ll love most of them but there are some scoundrels too. And I love her descriptions of life on the prairie in the 1800s.

A story of love and second chances,
Linda Klager
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story that featured Charlotte. Charlotte was a strong and feisty young woman. She had to learn to be more loving and forgiving. She also had to learn to not be jealous. With the help of God, Charlotte was convicted of her wrongs and changed into a woman of faith.

Chad had a sad past and he really had a hard time getting over his sorrow. With the help of a young runaway boy, both Charlotte and Chad learned to trust in God for their futures.

This author includes heroes of the Bible in
Gloria
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Historical romance -- very straightforward and simple. Characters with one issue that they struggled with through all the different plot points. Resolution was that simple decision to think differently. There was a good bit of emotional telling instead of showing. Overall, it delivered what its genre promises, and I believe the characters will be happy together.
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing sweeter than meeting and falling in love with someone who sees right through you and reads you like a book. To me that's the story of Chad and Charlotte. I disliked Charlotte in book one because of her attitude towards her cousin Becky. But God has a way of refining his children and refine he did to her in this book 2.
Charlotte had her own hurdles to cross, life dealt her a hard blow but I was impressed by her reaction to it all.
Chad had his own hurdles to cross and the needed jolt for
Frank
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good book. It inspires and shows God’s providence at work in our lives. When Charlotte first met Chad she couldn’t stand him, as time went by both are drawn to each other. Chad hangs on to the tragic loss of his first wife and son, unwilling to admit his love for Charlotte but finally when she leaves thinking he will never turn loose of the past, he is prompted to admit he loves her too much too let her go.
Martha
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This story was a little harder to get into for me as you really, really dislike the main character right off. If you have read the first book in the series, that is.
However, she does redeem herself and I found myself rooting for her!
Kristi
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic! Cynthia Roemer has written yet another wonderful story of life on the prairie with realistic characters and descriptions that made me feel as if I were there. This is a definite must-read.

Charlotte and Chad are two characters you can't help but like. Charlotte is feisty and independent while Chad is more reserved. The two balance each other perfectly. They are complex and genuine, and I soon forgot they were fictional.

The author's writing style is wonderful. Her word cho
Bonnie
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first impression of Under the Prairies Skies by Cynthia Roemer was disappointment. The first sentence revealed the main character as Charlotte Stanton, who was also in book one. I did not like her. She was spoiled, self-centered, and rude to her young grieving cousin in Under the Same Sky. OK, have an open mind. Maybe she has matured a bit or will.

I'm glad I did stay with the story, as Charlotte eventually developed into a loving young woman.

Chad Avery is a newcomer to this Illinois Prairie a
Ann
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series, and if possible enjoyed this one even more. It can be read as a standalone, but I certainly recommend the first book Under This Same Sky to get additional background on he characters. In this book this author has definitely captured the spirit of the 1850's and combined wonderful characters and a story line that kept me reading from the first pages I certainly enjoyed following Charlotte and Chad's story as they struggled to get beyond their pa ...more
Janice Sisemore
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Under prairie skies

I loved how Charlotte changed, become more loving, responsible and caring. Chad comes to town and wants to raise cattle trying to make a new start. Also has a young boy in the book named Johnny that his parents had died. Him and Charlotte becomes close but he needs two parents. The book has some suspense, some action and I really enjoyed the book. This is second in a series, it has been a while since read the first one so would sense as a stand alone but both books are very g
Joan Arning
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Prairie Skies series continues with Under Prairie Skies and Charlotte's story. Charlotte is a well-written protagonist as she learns to change from a jealous, selfish person to the caring individual God meant for her to be. Handsome Chad Avery is an excellent male protagonist who helps Charlotte see that she needs to change but has difficulty seeing that he also needs to make some changes! The seven year old orphan, Johnny, is a wonderful secondary character. You will enjoy this tender story ...more
Leslie M.
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second installment in Roemer’s “Prairie Skies” series. Though it could be read as a standalone, it’s best to read them in order to gain a better appreciation for the growth of the characters.

Charlotte and Chad are relatable and realistic. Charlotte has matured since the first book and is an independent spitfire. Chad’s a bit more reserved, so they balance each other out. They have challenges and hard lessons to learn along the way in this inspiring historical romance. A few twists ar
Beth Westcott
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cynthia's characters aren't perfect, but they are courageous and resilient as they face life on the prairie. On a collision course from the beginning, Charlotte and Chad learn that a loving friend helps the other person by telling the truth, even if it hurts. I like the way Cynthia uses Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend" as a theme. I would recommend reading UNDER THE SAME SKY first, but UNDER PRAIRIE SKIES is a stand alone novel. I'm looking ...more
Jan
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story very much. From start to finish it held my interest. It very accurately depicted the guilt of not being able to save his family and inability to move on. Also how two people can help each other to grow and heal. All of this and an entertaining story well done.
Allison Stults
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The sequel is sure to keep butterflies in your tummy and have you grasping for the memory of what it felt like to fall in love, just as the first book did. I love that it depicts a true image of ourselves being our own worst enemy; because after all God for gives all and endures all!
Peggy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!! Loved it!!
Sandra Barnett
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Wonderful heartwarming series! Thank you for blessing me and a job well done! Keep up the great work of writing and glorifying the Lord!
rob
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

What another lovely book in this series and from this author. Seeing the growth and love of the characters was amaze.
Sandra Bagwell
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Healing

Proverbs 27:17 We are not meant to have a solitary life. We need other people. Those left alone in this story are drawn together.
Shonda
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books! I was draw in from the beginning. I love the characters especially Johnny! The author shows how the characters change and grow for the better. This story is about love, forgiveness and second chances. There were many surprises, some were wonderful, some had me thinking no, no that cant happen. Cynthia has such a talent for bringing out your emotions. This book is a must read, it is such a gem!
Kathy
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Under Prarie Skies was an enjoyable book. It is the second book in the Prarie Sky series. The story could be a stand alone but I think you would enjoy it more if you had read the first one. The book deals with loss, forgiveness, ungrateful and selfish attitudes and learning to love the way God intended. The story is a simple one but the characters are complex. There is much to learn about human relations in this book. I received a copy of this book with th
Becky Smith
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t like or understand Charlotte in the first book, so it was good to see her in a new light. Both Chad & Charlotte are intriguing characters, and the historical detail makes the story come alive! There are themes of forgetting the past grievances & hidden hurts, learning not to condemn, but to speak truthful words in a humble, loving way, and of trust - both in God and in each other. I love these quotes: “Nothing calmed his bruised spirit like the Word of God.” And: “As iron sharpens iron, ...more
Mandy
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book! It was so good! I was afraid I wouldn't like it as well as book one, but I did. It was a delightful read. The characters were real and raw and not perfect. These people could belong to any of our own families or groups of friends. They had real problems, but they called on the Name of the Lord for help. There were so many Spiritual lessons learned in this book, for me. The main one being that it's okay to help another Christian Brother or Sister when you know they are sinning, but do ...more
Leslie
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cynthia Roemer's second book does not disappoint! Under Prairie Skies, sequel to her first book Under This Same Sky, picks up where her first book left off but turns the reader's attention to Charlotte. Charlotte was briefly introduced in the first book but takes center state in the second. The character development that takes place in Charlotte's story, and to a lesser extent Chad's, is truly what sets this story apart from others.

Readers who have not read the first book will have missed some o
Christian Book Gi...: book giveaway drawing 2 15 Apr 26, 2018 02:44PM

• The Hope of Azure Springs
  • Veiled in Smoke (The Windy City Saga, #1)
  • More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family, #1)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Miracle in a Dry Season (Appalachian Blessings, #1)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Jaded (Mended Hearts #1)
  • Out of the Embers (Mesquite Springs, #1)
  • This Freedom Journey (The Mountain Series Book 8)
  • Jilted (Mended Hearts #3)
  • No Ocean Too Wide (McAlister Family #1)
  • A Lily in Disguise (Wycliffe Family, #1)
  • Grace Like a River Flows
  • Wake the Dawn
  • All Manner of Things
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • An Uncommon Woman
Cynthia Roemer is an award-winning inspirational writer with a heart for scattering seeds of hope into the lives of readers. Raised in the cornfields of rural Illinois, Cynthia enjoys spinning tales set in the backdrop of the 1800s prairie. She writes from her family farm in central Illinois where she resides with her husband and their two college-aged sons.

Prairie Sky (3 books)
  • Under This Same Sky (Prairie Sky, #1)
  • Under Moonlit Skies (Prairie Sky Book 3)