Start by marking “Do No Harm” as Want to Read:
Do No Harm

Do No Harm

Till death do us part…

After leaving her marriage to jealous, possessive oncologist Maxwell, Lily and her six-year-old son have a second chance at happiness with headteacher Sebastian. Kind but vulnerable, Sebastian is the polar opposite of Maxwell, and the perfect match for Lily. After a whirlwind romance, they marry, and that’s when things start to go wrong…
Maxwell return

Published June 15th 2018 by ORENDA BOOKS

To ask other readers questions about Do No Harm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do No Harm

Dita
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Lily and Sebastian are about to get married but there is someone watching and looming. Someone who doesn't want these two to be married or happy together.

Is it Marcus, the jealous, ex-husband? Is it Tries, Lily's clingy and needy bestie? Is it Fran, Sebastian's ailing mother? Who is the enemy? And why?

This was a quick, tight read with several surprises. This book has all of my favorite things...alternating POV's, unreliable narrators and delicious twists.

I recommend this one!

Thank you to L.V. Ha
Misty
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
Do No Harm is a dark piece of domestic noir that will keep even the most astute of readers guessing right through to the end. With a focused and well crafted plot, a relatively small cast of characters and a straight forward style, the book is a fast read that kept the pages turning.

As the story opens. Lily and Sebastian are about to be married. Though they have only known each other a matter of months, they appear to be the perfect couple. With Lily’s young son Dennis, the product of a previous
The Book Review Café
What a fabulous and captivating psychological thriller Do No Harm turned out to be. Deviously plotted the L V Hay delivers a story with sustained tension, surprises, and a constant sense of impending doom, definitely my kind of read. There is nothing I find more satisfying than reading a book that heightens my feelings of anticipation, excitement and anxiety and this is one of those rare books that managed to evoke all these feelings and more.

Lily is looking forward to starting a new life with
Eva
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, newly wedded bliss. Joys of joys and all that. Or not, as Sebastian and Lily will find out soon enough.

Lily’s first marriage to successful oncologist, Maxwell, was a bit of a nightmare. But now Lily has found love again with Sebastian, who is the polar opposite of her first husband. After a whirlwind romance, we meet Sebastian and Lily on their wedding day but little do they know, there is trouble ahead.

Just because Lily is now marrying someone else, that doesn’t mean Maxwell’s obsessive and
Amy
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
4.5/5

Remember last year when I was raving about The Other Twin? I was SO excited to get my hands on Do No Harm because I just loved Hay’s style of writing and ability to suck the reader in, almost forcing you to binge read her novels until you find out what exactly is really going on and I can firmly say that she most definitely delivered in a major way with this one.

Hay is a sneaky little devil, while I was reading this I kept thinking, ok I see exactly where this is going, to an avid reader su
Dita
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Is it Marcus, the jealous, ex-husband? Is it Triss, Lily's clingy and needy bestie? Is it Fran, Sebastian's ailing mother? Who is the enemy? And why?

I recommend this one!

Thank you to L.V. Ha
Karen
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness Lucy Hay. What a deliciously twisted mind you have. Think of the old saying “If I can’t have you, no-one else can”.

The story begins with Lily and Sebastian’s wedding. There is already a spectre at the feast in the shape of Lily’s ex-husband, Maxwell, who, although uninvited, just has to make his presence felt.

Moving forward to after the honeymoon and things just get worse for Lily and Sebastian. At first it’s fairly inconsequential events and although they may think it’s Maxwell p
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Ex-husbands, new husbands, mother-in-laws, sons and possessiveness. Lily is happy to be marrying Sebastian - the complete opposite of her controlling and possessive ex-husband, Maxwell. But once a control freak, always a control freak and Maxwell will do whatever it takes to get Lily back. Sebastian doesn't like confrontation but how much will it take to get him to fight back for his new family?

No one ever wants to think the worst of their ex. After all, there was love there once, something ther
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
There’s a thin line between love and hate.
This book is full of so many twists. Just when I thought I had things figured out, I discovered I was wrong. It was so hard to put this book down, as I wanted to keep reading, and finished in one sitting. An avid fan of psychological thrillers, Do No Harm, definitely had me on the edge of my seat. In the beginning I made the mistake of trying to guess who was doing what to whom. Don't make the same mistake, you'll be dead wrong!

This book starts off wit
Janel
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do No Harm is a chilling tale of obsession, an addictive read that can be devoured in one-sitting. I’m always a little bit wary of domestic thrillers because, as time goes on, it’s becoming harder to find originality in them. However, there seems to be this new wave emerging of these dark, domestic tales that have me utterly hooked, and Do No Harm is up there with the best of them.

What’s great about this novel is the pull it has, the readability factor, that keeps you turning pages. I thought th
Claire
So we met the perfect couple wrapped up in love when someone is hell bent on ruining their happiness. Newly weds should be sickeningly happy but Seb and Lily have jealousy to content with which is making their early days of marriage less blissful than most.

Neither of them knew it would be worse before it got better

There are so many words I could use to describe this book. It’s a tense addictive read that ticked the box called “mess with your head”. This domestic noir grabbed my attention and wou
Joann
Love, Love the cover for this book! This book has Lily and Sebastian and his step-son, Denny as lead characters. Then you have the villain, Maxwell, who is Lily's ex-husband. He is out to cause trouble for this young married couple. I thought I had the culprit figured out and I was right but it still went beyond what I expected. "Do No Harm" is a taut psychological thriller and a study of obsession, with a twist that you will never see coming. I would probably give this a 3.5. I thought it was a ...more
Donna Maguire

I absolutely LOVE this cover, it is just perfect for this book!!

This book is a very clever piece of work, it has excellent attention to details and some fantastic characters.

I was hooked right from the beginning straight through to the end and was reeling when I’d finished it – it is superb!!

Five stars from me – a brilliant story – very, very highly recommended!!!
Ingstje
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read this novel as soon as I saw the cover. Doesn’t it look great and doesn’t it sound menacing? You already expect the exact opposite when you read such an imperative.

This novel was so freaking develish! Do No Harm is a wonderful addictive story about someone’s obsession and the unwillingness of letting go. Obsession and revenge are the best ingredients in any book plot so I was very pleased this novel centers all around these two promising words :-).

It’s obvious that Maxwell, Lily’
Holly  B

Review posted closer to publication...
Joanne Robertson
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed The Other Twin by Lucy V Hay and so was quite looking forward to her new book Do No Harm. This is a truly terrifying psychological thriller, that messed with my head almost as much as the events that occurred affected Lily. Right from the first few pages, the desperation of Lily’s stalker felt oppressive, with the madness that develops from such an obsession becoming immediately apparent.

This was a character lead domestic thriller where it was impossible to predict the outcome.
Stephanie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do No Harm is the follow-up novel to the excellent The Other Twin and is one of the more malevolent novels I have read. From the opening chapters you could see the venomous thoughts and the wish that the marriage between Lily and Sebastian would fail.
The narrative comes from Lily, Sebastian, and an unknown narrator. You read about how happy Lily is to get away from her controlling ex husband Maxwell, how Sebastian wants to do the best he can for Lily and her son Denny, and how all the unknown na
Laura Rash
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those slow burn books that you think you have all figured out & then BAM-all is not how it seemed! You can’t quite guess which snarling character is actually “the bad guy” and it’s a roller coaster ride to the finish.
Thanks to Orenda for this copy:)
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
(rounded up from 4.5)

The story begins with Lily and Sebastian’s wedding after a whirlwind romance, followed by an exotic honeymoon in Mauritius but the second they return everything starts to go wrong…
Wow this is one of those books that I got so absorbed in that hours could pass and I didn’t even notice.

The first book I read by Lucy V Hay was very different to this one but like Proof Positive I still found myself pulled in by the characters, I got slightly too emotionally involved to be honest!
Roma Sharma
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is engaging, absorbing and crisp. The author manages to tell a gripping tale succinctly. I can’t appreciate enough how the author had managed to keep this book short yet delivers many twists without leaving gaping plot holes.
Do No Harm is a domestic noir and leads you down a dark twisted path. Having read many books in this genre, I had a good guess at what was going on. I had my suspicions early on and while they were not 100% correct they were fairly close. When I started reading th
booksofallkinds
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read L V Hay's debut thriller, The Other Twin, last year it completely blew me away so I was very excited when I saw that there was a new book coming out. As soon as I jumped into DO NO HARM I knew that this story was going to be a cracker but nothing prepared me for the utterly terrifying, disturbing, and shocking drama that was waiting to unfold.

Lily and her little boy have finally found their happily ever after with Sebastian and getting married is the icing on the cake. Having suffer
Zoé-lee O'farrell
So I still have book hangover on this book, I am still on edge because of this book and I am not sure how much of this will make sense because the author has short-circuited my brain WITH THIS BOOK!

Wow!… I need a moment bear with me…

Ok, let’s try and start! So, Lilly, the leading lady is trying to move on from her crazy ex-husband, and the book starts with her wedding day to her new happiness in the form of Sebastian. She has a son with Maxwell(the crazy ex) and so is tied to him still- which he
Beverley
This is the second book I have read by L V Hay, the first, The Other Twin examines sexuality and the power of social media whereas Do No Harm examines marriage, coercive control and the pitfalls of parenting after the breakdown of a relationship. Like The Other Twin I found Do No Harm to be a clever, suspenseful page-turner of a book.

Lily and Sebastian’s wedding day should be a happy one, however there is the spectre of her ex-husband Maxwell looming over proceedings. There is a pre-arranged tim
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank L.V. Hay, Orenda Books, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Looking into an eyeball for the cover in L.V. Hay’s cover of Do No Harm is definitely the way to capture my attention! Kudos to the graphic designer on that one! The book was just as intense as the cover was!

This book is dedicated to all of those who think love has to hurt: but it doesn’t. Let go, walk away, and don’t look back.

L.V. Hay really puts the phrase an ex is an ex
Donna Hines
"Friends are the family you choose."
Can you ever truly win the love again after a failed marriage?
Lily and son Denny are about to embark on a new journey with Sebastian hoping to leave Maxwell far behind for brighter pastures.
After all the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Right?
Well, look Maxwell still feels strongly that he's connected to Lily on a more intimate level and knows her best. He wants to win her heart and mind again.
Chaos ensues. Drama increases. Madness straight ahe
Antonio
Ex husband Maxwell is not making life easy for teacher Lily and her new husband Sebastian.
If he isn’t condescending, arrogant or abusive, he is playing mind games using their son Denny as a pawn, to break up their marriage and win his family back.
The mind games get more involving, putting the family’s livlihood at risk finally coming to a head, and descending into violence, deception, and heartbreak.

“A good plot that starts mildly, and descends into a dark cringeworthy place, where friends and
Karen Cole
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do No Harm opens with the wedding of Lily and Sebastian and it's obvious that the two are very much in love but it's also clear that Lily still bears the scars of her previous marriage to Maxwell. He arrives at their wedding reception, ostensibly to collect their son, Denny but Lily realises he intends to continue playing the mind games which characterised their relationship. It would seem that he's not yet ready to let Lily go and though this should be the happiest day of her life, she will soo ...more
Mary Picken
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lucy Hay is a one of the cleverest writers of domestic noir out there. She neatly offers us just enough characters and then slowly she messes with our heads until we have suspected every one of them at least once – and sometimes twice!

For Lily it is a second marriage. Sebastian is all she needs in a husband; loving, kind and it doesn’t hurt that he has a good, stable job as Headmaster in the local school where Lily also teaches.

Lily and Sebastian won’t be having a grand wedding, but Lily doesn’t
Beth (bibliobeth)
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, thank you so much to Anne Cater for inviting me to take part in this blog tour and to the always fabulous Orenda Books for providing me with a copy of Do No Harm in exchange for an honest review. I'm adoring the new wave of psychological/domestic thrillers that are coming out at the moment and although sometimes I worry that they're going to be too similar, so far I haven't found any yet that aren't both unique and thrilling reads. This is definitely the case with Do No Harm, it ha ...more
Abbie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
L. V. Hay is back with her latest psychological thriller, Do No Harm. This is one of the books I have been highly anticipating this year following her scorching debut, The Other Twin.
Do No Harm follows Lily as she and her son embark on a new life with partner Sebastian. Sebastian is the absolute antithesis of her ex-husband, the possessive Maxwell, and life should be plain sailing and happy. However, Maxwell has decided that Lily and their son should still be with him.
Sounds like your average d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Satanic Mechanic  (Tannie Maria Mystery, #2)
  • That Was When People Started To Worry
  • The Gin Shack on the Beach
  • So Happy It Hurts
  • Shelter
  • The Pearler's Wife
  • Post Mortem (Collins and Griffiths, #1)
  • Man Up: Surviving Modern Masculinity
  • Absolute Proof
  • Nineveh
  • Things Bright and Beautiful
  • Inceptio (Roma Nova #1)
  • The Falling Sky