Start by marking “The Crystilleries of Echoland” as Want to Read:
The Crystilleries of Echoland

The Crystilleries of Echoland

IN A SEE-THROUGH LAND our reflections live. They call us Sounds. They are our Echoes. And they think that they must die when we do. Is this why children are disappearing from the Sound realm? Because someone wants their Echo to die?

Twelve-year-old Will Cleary tries to escape the frightening answer. But dangers sweep him into that magical, see-through land. And there, in a
Kindle Edition
Published March 11th 2018 by Nothing but the Story

To ask other readers questions about The Crystilleries of Echoland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crystilleries of Echoland

Start your review of The Crystilleries of Echoland
Jaime K
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Wavers between a 3 and 3.5 star book.

Four months ago, a king died.
The Royal Shekel, a coin that proves that Fortune is on the king’s side, has gone missing.
The king’s twelve-year-old son still lives, though many believe he shouldn’t.
Those who went through extreme measures to ensure his death ten years ago.

And this is just in Echoland, a land that exists beneath our own. Or, maybe it’s just an Echo for Alaska.

I received an e-copy of this book, a remake/new edition of the author’s first book The S
Hannah
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
I had the unique chance to review both 'The Chrystilleries of Echoland' as well as review it in it's original form, 'The Sound and the Echoes'. I've always loved how unique this story concept is, and even though I had read the original version a number of years ago (5 years ago, to be specific. I just checked!), it never once left my memory. You know, there are often books that you love while reading them, and expect that you'll always be able to recall them, but a few weeks after reading them, ...more
Jenn Forte
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good, solid YA book

This novel was written with a YA audience in mind, and it delivers. The story is interesting, with good characters. The plot is unique in it's approach and there are enough surprises to keep it interesting. Overall, this is a good read and makes for a solid contribution to the fantasy genre!
Debbie
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mary
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read
Kaylee Dolat
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review can be found at the following:

Clipinchick
May 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
I this book for free from the author/publisher in response for an honest review of the book. I have not had the opportunity to read this book at this time. I will add my
review of this book once I have read the book. Thank k you for allowing me the optometrist review your work. I look forward to reading this book.
Kara
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
That the reader can feel the chill from every snow heap and the breeze from every arrow's near miss is a testament to the author's ability to set the scene and immerse her readers. The Crystilleries of Echoland is a complex fantasy tale intended for a "YA" audience, but is one that could be enjoyed across age and gender lines, as long as the reader has room for a little adventure in his or her heart.

The story is fast-paced, and begins when 12 year old Will and readers are simultaneously introdu
Emily Flint
B.J. Brandon
Wonderful YA story

This is a delightful take and I enjoyed it immensely. It could be a little hard to follow at times but the rich charters, the storyline, the perspective is spot on. Thank you for a very good read.
Melissa Espenschied
REQUESTED TO REMOVE MY AMAZON REVIEW BECAUSE I GAVE A 2 STAR REVIEW BY AUTHOR!!!

So normally this is not something I would do but I feel this is extremely wrong. I review books for onlinebookclub.org somewhat frequently. After I submitted my review to onlinebookclub they asked me to put a short review on amazon as well, so I did. However just like on here I gave the book a 2-star review.

The author, using her real name Tal Boldo, sent an email to Scott, the owner of onlinebookclub asking to reach
Team
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a bizarre and magical story about a twelve-year-old human boy named Will Cleary whose family has lived under the shadow of his twin sister's disappearance for the past ten years. On the day that his sister disappeared, Will was returned home on the back of a wolf with a falcon flying beside him. The wolf and falcon became his pets.
With the help of the magical wolf and falcon and information from the gravestone book, which contains information about all the children who have gone missing
Carmen
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Much better written than the first copy of The Sound and the Echoes. Exact same storyline but more condensed and more action-filled.

I'm not sure if this is really a children's book, but I suppose it's easy enough for elementary level kids to read. I don't think I would consider this to be a YA book either but I feel that whatever age you are, you might enjoy some magic and fun in reading this.

As you read along, you can definitely find that race (color) plays a big role in this book.

Rachel Adams
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this is a great book. I plan on listening to it again with my kiddos. I think they will both love it. I am truly looking forward to more books by this author. I loved the fact that they used hebrew in the book instead of making up a language as many other tend too... I also personally love the language... Can't Wait For More!
Kristine Hall
4.5 STARS. Print and Audio Book Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland, is a magical, mystical journey into the parallel Echo realm where twelve-year-old Will Cleary finds his identity is not what he believed it to be and even things in his world are not what they seem. The premise is wonderful – haven’t all of us wondered at times about the existence of parallel worlds? Throw into the mix that it’s an often Harry Potter-like world with fantastic feats and beasts, full of mystery and danger, and ...more
Elizabeth
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid begins as thousands of children disappear with only one child ever having returned. Will Cleary returned with a falcon and a wolf to watch over him, but his twin sister remained behind in Echoland, another world filled with reflections of us called Echoes. All Will's parents have done since he came back is to plot ways to find his sister, often barely acknowledging his existence. When his faithful protectors reveal a shocking truth, Will is pulled ba ...more
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received a copy of The Crystilleries of Echoland through OnlineBookClub in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The Crystilleries of Echoland is a novel by Dew Pellucid. One of the many things that makes this novel stand out amongst the rest is the fact that it’s full of illustrated and beautiful images. All of the artwork credit goes to Tal Boldo.
Every year hundreds of children go missing. A heartbreaking number of them never come home. Will Cleary is one of the few exceptions. His siste
Steve Fisher
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Stephen Fisher for Readers' Favorite
The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid is an engaging story that begins with the Clearys. Ten years ago Will and his twin sister disappeared. Will was found, but Emmy is still missing. Every day their parents keep using the same insane means to obsessively search for their lost daughter with no luck. Will was found with his two pets; Dea, a wolf and Damian, a falcon. Wanting to help find his sister, Will is awakened by his pets talking to h
Melinda
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Melinda Hills for Readers' Favorite

Will Cleary is the only child to survive being taken to Shadowpain by evil Echoes, mirror beings to the Sounds, the real humans in our world, in The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid. Unfortunately, Will’s twin sister has been missing for almost 10 years and his parents are still searching, not understanding the truth of the dual worlds. Will discovers the truth, though, and must escape to Echoland to fulfill a mission to save the real Princ
Romuald Dzemo
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid is a beautifully illustrated and well-written fantasy that will warm the hearts of young readers — and old dreamers. My eight-year-old son found delight in reading this with me. It’s a story set in a parallel world, known as Echoland, a world that reflects the reality of our own, only referred to as the Sound world by those who live in Echoland. Echoland is threatened by evil and young Will Cleary is thrust into a magical world, the “see-through” lan ...more
Christina Foster
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Unique Tale For Those Who Love Mystery And Fantasy

"The Crystilleries of Echoland" is a coming-of-age novel with quite a unique premise. The author is imaginative, and does well to bring to life this book's many characters. The reader can easily feel the emotions each character feels, and can picture the beautiful, yet dangerous, world of Echoland.

Take a journey through this book into a parallel world where our echoes live. A world full of secrets. Solve the mysteries alongside the characters
Jane Blanchard
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time getting into the story. There were many characters that I ofter confused with Ecoland’s exclamatory words and idioms. The scenes changed too rapidly, especially in the beginning as I tried to envision Ecoland. Perhaps an index of characters and terms would have helped.

Once the story got rolling and the adventure developed, the story improved for me. Even so, I was often confused as to what was happening.

I did think that the story was very clever and the magic was inventive. I p
Lisa
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just to say, this review will be short and sweet, no words can explain the emotions I felt while reading this book. It takes me back to wanting to be young again and experience all the things in this book. I am usually an audiobook listener but I made an exception for this book, it was so worth the read. It is aimed for a ya audience but made me feel young at heart while reading it. I read it with my boy/girl twins and they were in love with it as much as I was. I truly believe in this author An ...more
Carmen Stokley
Dec 06, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the few books I had trouble finishing. As a children's story, you would expect a semblance of simplicity and maybe a little magic. You get neither here. I, as a 36 year old mom, had great difficulty deciding if some characters were good or bad, as well as trouble deciphering the story line itself. And this is a children's book. I see great potential here hut this should not have been allowed to be published in this extremely raw form. It needs at least 2 more drafts before being s ...more
Heather Marie
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was like traveling back in time to the first time that I entered Echoland and I am so excited to be back! Full of magic and intrigue, love and loss, hope and friendship - there's something for everyone. Sit back and enjoy your time in Echoland where faith and friendship are the cornerstones of one exciting adventure after another! You will not be disappointed!
Elizabeth
I received a free copy of this on my kindle from the author. I have to say I enjoyed The Sound and The Echoes version better because it had more details in it. I felt a little lost at times reading this one but because I read the other I already knew the world so it wasn't too bad for me. The illustrations are quite lovely.
Ann Ellis
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the different take on the fantasy genre. The story is complex. I found this YA novel intriguing. I kept my attention throughout the book. I recommend not only for YA readers but adults as well.

For the audible.com book: The narrator BJ Harrison did a wonderful job of bringing this novel to life. His reading was expressive.
Melinda
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Crystilleries of Echoland is a novel by Dew Pellucid that clutches your attention early on and does not release it until the end. I keep thinking it’s a mix of Chronicles of Narnia meets Harry Potter. This is a fantasy murder mystery with magic, royal conflict, and plot twists!

Will Cleary is a twelve year old boy desperate to find his abducted twin sister, Emmy. He and Emmy were both abducted at the age of two, and somehow, he was returned a week later in a curious fashion. He embarks upon a
Heather Long
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mybhonest review is it's good but the reading is rough

I liked the story plot but it was hard to follow. Too many discrpts about things not important to story and not enough about what was. I get there are Crystal's everywhere, now explain exactly how the character is now laying on the floor when they were standing a moment ago?
Katie Dunham
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and Gripping story!

Putting the book down was not an option. This story held you from the first word till the end. The various twists and turns kept me wanting more. The only concern is the ending. I feel there should be another book.

• Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands
  • The Engine Woman's Light
  • The Reel Sisters
  • The Biblical Clock (Inspired Studies, #4)
  • Gringo: My Life on the Edge as an International Fugitive
  • 30th Century: Escape (30th Century Trillogy #1)
  • The Unbound Soul: A Spiritual Memoir for Personal Transformation and Enlightenment
  • E-M-P Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom
  • Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga, #1)
  • Inspirience: Meditation Unbound: The Unconditioned Path to Spiritual Awakening
  • We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies (We Are Voulhire #1)
  • Man Mission: Four Men, Fifteen Years, One Epic Journey
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving
  • The Embalmer (Steve Jobz #1)
  • Undead Redhead: A Zombie Romance with a Vegan Twist
  • Boundary Haunted (Boundary Magic, #5)
  • Broken (Evergreen Academy #2)