Start by marking “Bachelor in the Boondocks” as Want to Read:
Bachelor in the Boondocks

Bachelor in the Boondocks

Jared Sherman has been coerced into spending six months of his life in the small Missouri town of Green River. His uncle wants to merge their businesses, but before the older man will talk business, he’s made it a pre-condition of the agreement that his nephew move to Green River.
Jared, a big city sophisticate, is having trouble wrapping his mind around country living. He
Published October 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Bachelor in the Boondocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bachelor in the Boondocks

Start your review of Bachelor in the Boondocks
Kate
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bachelor in the Boondocks by River Ames is an entertaining story about Jared, whose uncle insisted that he spend 6 months in a small town in Missouri for business reasons and because his uncle will be having surgery and needs Jared to be available during that time. Jared finds a place to live, which happens to be next door to Amelia, a single librarian. Their first meeting is comical and filled with an underlying sexual tension that will keep you interested throughout the book. The sexual tensio ...more
Brittany Vantrease
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Jared Sherman moved into the small town of Green River, he had no intention of staying longer than the 6 months that he agreed upon when he and his uncle decided to merge their businesses.

Amelia Greene, his next door neighbor, just wants some consistency in her life. After her dad and stepmother died, she had to leave her old life to help her aunt raise her baby brother and then a few years after that, she lost more than just her job when the library caught on fire. She's not interested in
Mary
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Big city boy jared Sherman has been summoned to small town Green River, Missouri, by his uncle. His uncle is wanting to merge their businesses with the full intent that Jared is to take charge of it all.

Meanwhile, Amelia is outside hanging up laundry and then helping her younger brother get the hang of playing baseball. An errant ball goes through a window of the house next door, coincidentally where Jared Sherman has taken up residence.

Later that day, Amelia has a meeting with Angus Sherman t
Annette
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This made me chuckle, several times. Sweet, clean romance story. Jared challenges Amelia and she's definitely in need of being reminded that she waking-up and just coming out of the cocoon she has built around herself and her dreams. She's so compassionate but I think she's also stuck in a loop. Jared is bold, instantly attracted and very tempting. Very realistic story, it's amazing how we give others the very advice we ourselves need, if we were only bold enough to take the risk, lol. Great cou ...more
Lori R
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite part of the whole story was the banter between the two main characters. It was quite funny at times and serious at other times.

Jared Sherman is such a complex character who is more at home in a big city until he helps his uncle out in a very small town and falls in love with the cute, redheaded librarian next door. He is not sure what to do about that fact.

Amelia Greene is what you would expect an old fashioned librarian to be, all prim and proper until she meets her new neighbor and
Rachelle
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
2020 EBN Challenge... Category #2
Challenge Topic: A trade paperback book.

Another great story by my friend River Ames. I really like how she kept the obvious misunderstanding in communication going right up til the end. I think the story of Big City boy meets small town (I have to chuckle at 4,000 being small town... I come from a town of 1,200 in the summertime when the snowbirds are in season from California). But it was pretty dead on how small towns do things.
Cindi Knowles
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my 1st time reading anything by Ms. Ames and I really liked it. It was a great sweet small town romance. The characters were relatable and funny, they even reminded me of some of my family that live in a small country town! The pace of the story was just right and so was the level of romance!
Latifa Morrisette
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love small town romances and Jared and Amelia just made this book even better. Jared is a city boy who learned the hard way that merging businesses wasn't easy. Especially, when in of the conditions is living in the middle of nowhere. He just didn't expect Amelia to crash into his life. I loved this book and I loved discovering another new author to read.
Maxine
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Made me chuckle and warmed my heart.

This lighthearted tale of a small town romance had me laughing all the way through it. I like River Ames' humor and her way of warming the heart. This was a delightful read.
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute fast read
Jackie
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great romance story. Jared’s Uncle wants to merge their businesses, but he has to move. There life changes for him.
Vonda Hill
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! Couldn't put it down.
Robin Davis
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cover caught my interest. Waiting to get this book to read.
Mary
James Robert
Janet Watson
Shirley Ann
Jul 15, 2019

• Love's New Beginning (Second Chance at Love, #3)
  • Murder and a Pinch of Rosemary (A Texas-Sized Mystery #3)
  • Two Tailed Trouble (Norwegian Forest Café #4)
  • Jack's Run (Zach's Lie, #2)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
  • An Uninterrupted View of the Sky
  • Sex, Murder and a Double Latte (Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #1)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Colored Pencil Solution Book
  • Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #2)
  • Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel, #2)
  • Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2)
  • Cowboy Wolf Trouble (Seven Range Shifters, #1)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)
  • Wicked Cowboy Wolf (Seven Range Shifters, #3)
  • Cowboy in Wolf's Clothing (Seven Range Shifters, #2)

News & Interviews