Start by marking “The Parents' Guide to Climate Revolution: 100 Ways to Build a Fossil-Free Future, Raise Empowered Kids, and Still Get a Good Night's Sleep” as Want to Read:

Entertaining, inspiring, and science-sound climate activism for families wanting to "be the change" they want to see
Published March 5th 2018 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about The Parents' Guide to Climate Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parents' Guide to Climate Revolution

Start your review of The Parents' Guide to Climate Revolution: 100 Ways to Build a Fossil-Free Future, Raise Empowered Kids, and Still Get a Good Night's Sleep
Greg Soden
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Accessible! Fun! Inspirational! Thank you, Mary!

Listen to my interview with the author:
Melissa Hart
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This witty and inspiring book has changed my life. Through painstaking research and vivid anecdotes, Mary DeMocker illustrates the actions parents and children can take--big and small--to ensure a livable future for kids like my 12-year old daughter. After I read The Parents Guide to Climate Revolution, we started to walk instead of driving to school; we learned to live with one car, shared homegrown organic vegetables and eggs with our neighbors, and frequented thrift stores instead of ...more
Kim
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Within all the fear and feelings of helplessness around climate change and our future, this book is a friendly branch to grab on to. With it's well written, easy to digest chapters full of bite-sized ideas and doses of humor, it gives us all sense of "we can do this" Mary Democker provides us with clear steps, big and small, and paves the way to work action steps in to our busy lives. This book is not just for parents of small children but for anyone who wonders what they can do to turn the ...more
Chloe Carnagey
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has a brilliant balance of information and relatable stories, and everyone can take something from it- whether they are parents or not. There needs to be change in the politics of this country, and unless we make our voices heard there won't be much of it. This book is a wonderful source on how to get involved and make change both in our personal lives, and on a broader level- which is what we really need at this point. Read this book and let's power on to a brighter future!
Karen Rainsong
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book and a wonderful tool for helping families and anyone learn how to engage in politics, wherever you live. It's essential reading in this age of the climate crisis and it has do-able activities to engage in civics and the political discussion in creative and family-friendly ways. I highly recommend it!
Karen Debraal
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mary DeMocker's book is rife with practical ways people of all ages can work towards helping to stop our climate crisis. It isn't just for parents. It is for anyone of any age. Good for those taking a first step into changing their ways to help heal the earth and useful for seasoned activists. I give a two thumbs up! Great present, too!
Charlotte DeVar
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Relevant, timely, expert advice in an age of overinformation and definite paralysis about how we can each contribute to the climate revolution in our own homes. Mary's advice is relatable and achievable, and offered with humor that makes it an excellent read. 10/10 would read again and have purchased for friends who NEED to read this.
Sheri
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book gives me tremendous hope in all my current overwhelming feelings of dismay for our country. I appreciate the time this author spent crafting a book that is perfect for any one who is concerned and wants to do something? Thanks for a great book. S. Rand
Judy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is fun! 100 ways to be a climate revolutionary from planting trees to changing your media diet - for kids, families, just about everybody. It's easy to read - short chapters and wonderful ideas. The author is from my hometown, Eugene, Oregon.
Jen
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It's packed with practical tips and referrals to other resources. The author is also candid and thoughtful in sharing her own experiences. The book is well organized and well written.
Selby Gunter
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Filled with information and ideas. You can read my full review on my blog, Books at Tea Time.
Fred Peck
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mary DeMocker tells it like it is. This book is sobering and inspiring, a must-read for anyone concerned about the well being of our children, future generations and our earth.
Stephanie
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish this book had existed when my kids were young. Still useful though—good ideas on things everyone can do to make a difference.
Liz
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super important read for parents and teachers.
Katherine M.
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compassionate, informative, well written, timely. Thank you, Mary Democker.
John Ward
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a must for parents--or anyone--who wants to reduce their carbon footprint while understanding why they should (hint: for future generations) without feeling overwhelmed!
Dakota Duncan
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that everyone should read. Lots of really good, practical advice about dealing with climate change.
Katherine Heller
Feb 17, 2019
S. MacWilliams
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a highly informative and entertaining read about the most important issue that humanity has ever faced! Mary uses her humor and wit to spell out so many different ways to have a real impact on our planets future. I highly recommend this book to everyone who wants to do more, realizing that our government is not going to take care of business in time. It's really 'We the People' who have to step up, and this book is a GREAT way to do more every day.
Alexandra Silva
Oct 28, 2019
Jessie
Mar 27, 2019
Clifton Callender
Aug 27, 2018
Kaya Stern-Kaufman
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly valuable! The book was so accessible. While it is chock full of important information and resources it is exceedingly practical and supportive not only in helping to heal our planet, but in creating a healthy family as well. Kudos to Mary for a brilliant book that operates on so many levels for the highest good of all.
Holly Scudero
Nov 28, 2019
Taylor Jane
Oct 12, 2019

• Louisiana's Way Home
  • The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer
  • The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
  • Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again
  • Foreverywhere
  • The Elephant Whisperer
  • Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families
  • Shinrin-Yoku: The Art and Science of Forest Bathing
  • The Comfort Food Diaries: My Quest for the Perfect Dish to Mend a Broken Heart
  • Unfuck Your Brain: Using Science to Get Over Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Freak-Outs, and Triggers
  • The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive
  • Hour of the Bees
  • The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life
  • How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success
  • The Bitterroots (Cassie Dewell, #4)
  • Making, Playing and Composing on the 10 Stringed Lyre Harp