Start by marking “All the Hidden Sins (Jake Carrington #2)” as Want to Read:
All the Hidden Sins (Jake Carrington #2)

All the Hidden Sins

(Jake Carrington #2)

When it comes to crime, homicide detective Jake Carrington plays for high stakes . . .

Assigned a missing persons case, Lieutenant Jake Carrington investigates a local Mob boss. The trail goes cold, but the Mafioso isn’t taking any chances, and soon the heat turns up from another quarter. Turns out there’s more than one dangerous suspect . . .

Kyra Russell is drop-dead
Published July 31st 2018 by Lyrical Press (first published February 14th 2013)

Start your review of All the Hidden Sins (Jake Carrington #2)
Pamela
Sheila
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Billed as a Jake Carrington mystery, there’s more romance and drama than mystery in this tale of a cop who find himself suspecting his current girlfriend of connections to the mob. The girlfriend’s casino addiction may have a lot to do with her strange choices. And her need to stay in touch with her son fuels bad decisions that can surely only drive her further to despair. But, just for a while, life looks good. She’s back on her feet. Her addictions are almost conquered. And the boyfriend’s ...more
Danu the GODS of  Writing
Having once conjugated complex Latin phrases with dedication and interest, Airmid, Lady of Speed Reading, recognizes in Burn in Hell, a wonderfully enigmatic and pleasingly difficult puzzle to be opened with anticipation and devoured with delight. The story is at once interesting and engaging, alike in many ways to the healing lore Airmid sought to learn from her father. We first meet lovely, red-haired Kyra Russell, funeral director by day, gambler by night. The addiction of gambling holds ...more
Roberta Lerman
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you like thriller's, mystery, a story with twist, turns that keep you guessing?

With All the Hidden Sins, the second installment in the Jake Carrington Thriller series, author Marian Lanouette delivers another strong, multi-layered page turner of a story. The added bonus is it features one of my fast becoming favorite heroes; Jake Carrington, the handsome, sexy and yes, driven, homicide detective.

This time Jake is on the rebound and finds himself in love with the beautiful gambling addicted
Catherine
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery/Thriller
After reading All the Dirty Lies, I was looking forward to Marian's next book. The author did not disappoint. Thank you to Kensington Press and netgalley for an advanced copy to review.

This book is more thrilling than the first. Assigned a missing persons case, Lieutenant Jake Carrington investigates a local Mob boss. The case had gone cold, but the Mafioso isn’t taking any chances, and soon the heat turns up from another quarter. Turns out there’s more than one dangerous suspect. Jake falls
Krystal
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Let me begin by saying that I have not read the first book in this series, so I do not know the ins and outs of Jake's previous relationship with Mia. All I can base my opinions on is this novel.

It was...... meh. I can't classify it as a mystery novel as we all know who is behind what, and I can't really classify it as a thriller as I wasn't thrilled. It tries to have elements of a thriller novel, a police thriller with a dash of romance, but it just missed the mark.

None of the characters are
Edith Parzefall
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Burn in Hell had me hooked from the start though I haven't read the first book in the series. Kyra, a gambling addict on the verge of ruining her life, takes the spot light. Despite her flaws or because of them, the reader simply has to root for her. She's an engaging character showing how a slot machine can cause addictive excitement until it's time to pay the debt.

If only she wasn't falling for a cop at the same time, she might be able to cope with the situation. It just gets worse when Jake
Lhenry
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one much better than the first. Loved the creepy idea of what Kyra found herself doing and it was very believable - her path to doing something so indecent. It's remarkable that for the most part I found myself rooting for her and preferring her to Mia. The depiction of the love triangle was very good. Usually I can't bear them, but in this one, Kyra, Mia and Jake all were just involved through not real fault of any of them in an impossible situation. I found Jake to be more likable ...more
Gloria Zak
Jun 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: giveaways
Sorry, but will not finish. Could not get into the characters. Don't understand how Jake could be involved in someone and from the beginning not realize that she was an addict. Don't see how Kyra could date Jake and at the same time, burn bodies for the mob. Sorry, story line just doesn't work for me.
I see others really enjoyed it so maybe I will try one of the other books in the series but this one needs some work
Heath Greenis
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book - A followup to If I Fail, Jake is a well written character. A flawed, human character I love to hate a villain and Phil is evil.
As a reader, you debate whether the heroine is good or bad. Bad for all the right reasons.
I felt for her. I'm ready for the next Jake Carrington investigation!
I preferred Burn in Hell to the first, but strongly suggest a reader read both.
Marissa
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Win Copy

Homicide detective Jake Carrington deals with high stakes when it comes to investigate a missing person. This case involves the mafia and a beautiful who he should stay away from who works at a crematorium.

Will Jake be taken in by the wiles of a female or will he figure out the case before things could further damage? A well paced story.
Kim Cresswell
Marian Lanourette (author of...If I Fail, A Jake Carrington Mystery) does it again--delivering another fast-paced and engaging story featuring Detective Jake Carrington. The story line (a missing person's case, a nervous mob boss) and well-rounded, fascinating characters made it difficult to stop reading. I didn't want the story to end! I'm looking forward to reading more from Marian.
Karen Alfero
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book I have read in a long time. I definitely give it 5 stars and recommend it to anyone who likes a little bit of mystery and suspense and some loving thrown in. So glad I met this author and can't wait until I can download her next book to my kindle.Marian Lanouette "Burn in Hell"
Black Butterfly
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
HOW COULD KYRA NOT KNOW SHE HAS A GAMBLING PROBLEM, I GUESS IT’S LIKE OTHER ADDICTIONS, YOU’RE THE LAST TO KNOW. I REALLY DIDN’T LIKE HER SHE’S JUST NOT A LIKABLE CHARACTER, SHE MAKES TOO MANY STUPID CHOICES. THIS WAS NOT SO MUCH A MYSTERY BUT IT WAS A SAD ALMOST LOVE STORY AND TOO LONG. ;\
Catherine
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story was gripping and riveting from the first page. Couldn't put the book down. Read everywhere I could. Now, can't wait for the next book. Marian's writing is never boring. You never know what is going to happen. I recommend her books highly. Am an avid reader......
R. James Turley
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having a interest in real-life Mob stories, and old time gangsters I was very anxious to read Burn in Hell. It did not disappoint. The relationship between Jake and Kyra set the stage for the fireworks to come.
Jane Chizmar
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for choosing me as a first reads winner...Burn in Hell was an interesting story but I really felt sorry for Kyra who found herself in an impossible situation but I was surprised by the ending.
diane st. pierre
Review

loved the story line! I would recommend this book to my friends. Can't wait for the next book to come out.
Heather Martin
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

The second book in the Jake Carrington series is All the Hidden Sins. Unlike the first book, this is more romance than police procedural. Most of the good feelings I had for Jake in the first book were lost in this one. Though the first story was told from multiple viewpoints, it was still mostly Jake’s story. This one is told from Jake’s viewpoint also, but quite a bit
Cathy Geha
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
All the Hidden Sins by Marian Lanouette
Jake Carrington #2

Coming into the series on book two may have impacted my rating. Why? I don’t know Jake’s background with Mia, the woman he seems to have broken up with in book two. I also feel I might have known him better if I had read book one. I do try to come into series at the beginning but had an interest in reading this book so gave it a try and am glad I did.

Jake is, as mentioned, not with the woman he loves and at a social gathering meets Kyra.
Teri
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Well I didn't enjoy Jake as much the second time around. Mia just showed herself to be a character I didn't like but hells bells I wasn't too fond of Kyra and her choices either so what does that say for me. Well after you read it we'll see if you feel the same way. This story just seemed too long and it really bothered me how it just ended. . . again. This may be this author's style of a cliff hanger but it really stinks to not even have the thought finished or actually feel like it was the end ...more
Lee Husemann
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when a handsome detective, on the rebound, falls in love with a beautiful woman who is going through a messy divorce/custody battle and has a gamgling addiction with ties to the mob??? You get a fantastic page-turning, full of action, romance, twists and turns and full of surprises book that you do not want to put down. This is one of the best books I have read this year and I look forward to reading more of this author's books. I highly recommend this fast-paced, suspenseful ...more
Tiffany
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good and the ending definitely kept you in suspense.
Christina Constantine
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book filled with mystery and suspense.
Sheila
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Jo-Ann Carson
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Knuckle-biting Suspense
The story begins when gambling addict Kyra Russell is offered a deal she can't refuse from a slimy mob boss. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough, wondering what she was going to do. Then she meets Jake Carrington a handsome police detective with high morals and they begin a hot affair. The stakes keep ratcheting up as Kyra tries to do what's best for her son. The plot has hairpin turns and twists that leave you dizzy. I read it in two sittings, because I couldn't put it
Carol Miller
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book, Burn in Hell, Marian Lanouette had a different approach to writing the story than in If I Fail. I didn't think it possible to improve on her first book, but I liked the view through someone else eyes in the telling of the story. It worked in SPADES! Bravo!
linda
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't find this one as interesting as the first one but still a good story. I will read the next one. I like Jake and Louie and the workings of Jake's department.
Jane Chizmar
Story was pretty dark but interesting
Kim Wallace
Jun 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Haven't had a chance to read

• Nothing to Hide (Lucy Kincaid #15)
  • Before He Lapses (Mackenzie White Mysteries #11)
  • Dead Set (Aspen Falls #2)
  • They Won't Be Hurt
  • Storm Warning (Lucy Kincaid, #14.5)
  • Dark Horse (Aspen Falls #3)
  • Daylight Robbery (Aspen Falls #6)
  • Probable Cause
  • No Right To Kill (DI Sara Ramsey, #1)
  • A Dirty Job  (J.J. Graves Mystery #7)
  • Gone to Dust
  • Edge of Black (Dr. Samantha Owens, #2)
  • Whisper in the Night (Detectives Kane and Alton #6)
  • Killer Blow (DI Sara Ramsey, #2)
  • Dangerous Places (Leah Nash Mysteries #3)
  • Where Angels Fear (Detectives Kane and Alton #5)
  • Little Girls Sleeping (Detective Katie Scott, #1)
  • Under Tower Peak
Marian's book All the Pretty Brides is a 2019 Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence in Mystery/Suspense Finalist. Stay tuned, winners announced in July.
“ A self-described tough blonde from Brooklyn, Marian is the Amazon bestselling author of The Jake Carrington Mysteries, a gritty romantic suspense series.

As far back as she could remember, Marian loved to read. As a child, she was especially

Jake Carrington (4 books)
  • If I Fail (Jake Carrington #1)
  • All the Pretty Brides (Jake Carrington #3)
  • All the Dirty Secrets (Jake Carrington #4)