Start by marking “Blank” as Want to Read:
Blank

Blank

Confined to Oasis after the war people are genetically matched via matching birth marks. City Ordinance makes sure mutagen free status is maintained. But in a world of marked people, what happens when you're blank? ...more
Published June 2nd 2018 by Ouroborus Book Services

To ask other readers questions about Blank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blank

Start your review of Blank
Teresa
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you to NetGalley, Sabrina RG Raven, and BooksGoSocial for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

Book description from Goodreads: “Confined to Oasis after the war people are genetically matched via matching birth marks. City Ordinance makes sure mutagen free status is maintained. But in a world of marked people, what happens when you’re blank?”

The premise of this novel sounds so very interesting, right? Well, sort of. The pacing of this book was a bit odd. You h
Carolyn Injoy
Blank by Sabrina R.G. Raven is a Teens and Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy book. I gave it five stars because it captured my attention from the first paragraph. People are matched genetically via birthmarks.

"Everyone in the world is born with a tattoo that matches their soul mates. We couple for life. I have no idea, even now, how it all works, how that soul mate is always close enough to be found, but I am blank. That is why my parents wept."

"My sister was born when I was three. She had
Jess
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
stephanie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a bit difficult to read if I'm being honest. I felt at time it was rushed in certain areas. Definitely could have dragged it out more. The whole concept of the storie was really interesting and has got me wondering where the story will go. ...more
Kate
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really excited to have the opportunity to read this book after reading the description, however, I am a bit torn on how I feel about it.

First off, I will list what I did like about the book. I liked Almara and Darnell's character. They seemed to lack depth to me but they were pleasant enough. Though, if I'm being honest, I preferred the secondary characters like Coo, Jaylon, Amma, and Ahn to any of the main characters. They just seemed to have more substance to them than the main characte
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of young adult novels. I feel that they sometimes tackle tough subjects in a less encumbered way.

Blank is one such novel. The topic is what some could call a drive towards genetic 'purity' with residents of Oasis being matched for compatibility by their birthmarks. Yet, some children are born blank and ultimately taken from society. Along with the need to be marked, the society also frowns upon anyone who deviates from their genetic match.

This novel follows the path of a few dif
Annalise Azevedo
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
J.J. Fryer
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
An intriguing blend of Divergent meets Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and a sprinkle of Bionic Woman. A bit rushed at times, but overall an interesting read.
BookyCat
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a world of marked people, life is unfair to those who are unmarked known as blank. Those who are marked are genetically modified to find the perfect match, their birthmark partner. The story follows three different main characters with different backgrounds and circumstances. In this world blank people are arrested and secure in the Cube, the organization responsible for studying them and do others less ethic procedures.
We get to know through the book the dark side of that perfect lifestyle.
Stefanie Stokes
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Ebook provided by NetGalley for review. Thank you.

This started out as a 5, then I thought a 4 and by the end it had dropped to a 3. The ending was disappointingly open and apparently with no plans for a sequel.

The characters were a mixed bag, I liked Darnell and loved Zale but Almara was flat and under-developed, she had very little growth compared to the others. The world-building was rich and interesting and perfectly set-up for scope to expand into a series. I loved the authors take on the so
Hailey Marler
Cyn Dee
Aug 10, 2018
Tiffany
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not sure why it is described as a YA novel as there is a lot of violence, swearing and it is quite harrowing in parts in terms of deaths.

I thought it was really well written and I enjoyed the different voices and narration.

the ending was slightly disappointing but I guess it is a set up for the next book if this were to be a series.

I would recommend this book and found myself wanting to talk to others about it - which to me is a sign of a good book!
Esther Lombardi
Sep 28, 2018
Jessica
Aug 10, 2018
Sue Blanchard
Thankyou to NetGalley, BooksGoSocial and the author, Sabrina RG Raven, for the opportunity to read a copy of Blank in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.

I was drawn to this novel from the premise of the storyline. On the whole, I thought the actual story delivered a good, quick read. It was well written and kept me intrigued.

Well worth a read.
Nadara
Jess Peters
Sandra "Jeanz"
Jun 19, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: need book added due to name variation 2 19 May 08, 2018 06:13PM

• Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1)
  • The Grace Year
  • Ma petite boucherie vegan
  • Percy Jackson
  • The Lorax
  • Bleak Seasons (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #6)
  • Dreams of Steel (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #5)
  • The Black Company (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #1)
  • Shadows Linger (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #2)
  • The White Rose (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #3)
  • She is the Darkness (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #7)
  • Water Sleeps (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #8)
  • Shadow Games (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #4)
  • Soldiers Live (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #9)
  • Thérèse Raquin
  • Keto Sweet Tooth Cookbook: 80 Low-Carb Ketogenic Dessert Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Fat Bombs, Shakes, Ice Cream, and More
  • The Keto For One Cookbook: 100 Delicious Make-Ahead, Make-Fast Meals for One (or Two) That Make Low-Carb Simple and Easy
  • Roam